What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How can you delete the character - the items are BOUND to the character?? Come on - pls i am losing some faith in your reasoning?

you said why its bound thats why its bound because if it was not then I and people like me would take advantage of the system.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    you said why its bound thats why its bound because if it was not then I and people like me would take advantage of the system.

Well my warning to people that you will be heavily filled up with this mostly useless prize is still valid. And why would they care if I had 20 characters and did this on all of them every day vs doing the foundry daily 2 or 3 times each day on each one for the same amount of time and dithium? Without having to travel out of the way to do it? And do a silly mini-game? - to get the prize? You know you can only use 1 per day right? But the foundry daily could be done a dozen times!

This makes this major prize a HUGE FAIL!
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013

How and why would you do that. 100 zen = 9k dil on the exchange. Its not like their is a magical barrier preventing the exchange of the currencies anyway, EC, Dil, Zen, can all already be mutated into one another via less effort that your proposed 'mining exploit' would present.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    they don't give you 5,000 dilithium if your awesome the minning mission gives you between 2,500 - 5,000 dilithium yeah I would so take advantage of that, unlike the low level ones.

Okay then... Here's another point... If the "Mining Claims" were bound to account and we were to take advantage of the system like you said... Wouldn't it still be a fair reward for spending cash to buy the keys to open the boxes in the first place? Afterall, you can't gain Mining Claims without opening a box right?

It's cash money in the pockets of Cryptic. So why not gain an extra Dilithium reward for helping to pay the Devs wages? Master Keys cost Real Life Money in most cases... Dilithium is a virtual ingame currency... So where's the harm? ;)
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Completely irrelevant with a limit on the amount of DIL that can be refined in a 24hr period, makes no difference how much you collect it will still take X amount of days to refine it all so that it's usable. There's a difference between taking advantage and being taken advantage of. Yet another thing Cryptic obviously did not think outside the (lock)box on.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay then... Here's another point... If the "Mining Claims" were bound to account and we were to take advantage of the system like you said... Wouldn't it still be a fair reward for spending cash to buy the keys to open the boxes in the first place? Afterall, you can't gain Mining Claims without opening a box right?

It's cash money in the pockets of Cryptic. So why not gain an extra Dilithium reward for helping to pay the Devs wages? Master Keys cost Real Life Money in most cases... Dilithium is a virtual ingame currency... So where's the harm? ;)

I have 500 keys I don't spend real money on them you do the math
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    Completely irrelevant with a limit on the amount of DIL that can be refined in a 24hr period, makes no difference how much you collect it will still take X amount of days to refine it all so that it's usable. There's a difference between taking advantage and being taken advantage of. Yet another thing Cryptic obviously did not think outside the (lock)box on.

you can bypass the 8K cap with multiple characters, which most players do already.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have 500 keys I don't spend real money on them you do the math

If you have 500 keys, then go and open 500 boxes... End up with hundreds of Mining Claims that can only be used once per day, per character and then come back and tell us how you feel about that considering that they are bound to your character. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you have 500 keys, then go and open 500 boxes... End up with hundreds of Mining Rights that can only be used once per day, per character and then come back and tell us how you feel about that considering that they are bound to your character. ;)

why when I can sell the keys and get the ships off the exchange like i always do.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    why when I can sell the keys and get the ships off the exchange like i always do.

You just did a great job of avoiding the point! Congratz! ;)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm still trying to figure out how the OP got 150 boxes to open within a couple of hours after the server came back up. I normally cant collect 150 boxes in a week. How many peeps you got farming boxes for you OP ?

<edit> forum timestamps say 83 minutes. Thats almost 2 box drops per minute OP.

WOW !!!
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Garbage Prize"?
    "Worthless trash"?

Are you people on ALL of the Crack?!

I used Mining Claims today on two different toons, each time easily got something like 4000 dilithium ore.

You know how much I used to average on those two toons combined? About 3,000 total, per day. And I'm fairly certain that's not an outlier statistic. So, in a single day, and for the next several days (until my Claims run out), I'll be earning more than double the dilithium that I'd usually get.

One of the prizes was the "VIP" package with 10 claims. So that's something like 25,000-50,000 dilithium. Sure, it'll take me a few days to claim it all, but it'd take me almost as many days to refine it all anyway.

Let's say it's 4,000 average? So the VIP prize is worth 40,000 dilithium. At the current Zen exchange rate, that would have cost me a bit over 400 Zen, but I got it for the price of a Master Key on sale. I'd call that a pretty freakin' HUGE win.

And yknow what? If you get hundreds of these claims, that just means you can go hundreds of days without having to play dilithium-reward content. Finally people can quit whining about being "forced" to play the game for hours in a certain way to earn their dilithium, and can instead just Mine it for 5 minutes, and spend the rest of their in-game time doing whatever the hell they want.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how the OP got 150 boxes to open within a couple of hours after the server came back up. I normally cant collect 150 boxes in a week. How many peeps you got farming boxes for you OP ?

WOW !!!

The same thing has been on my mind... Maybe he's spending a ton buying them on the exchange? However, his main point still stands imo! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You just did a great job of avoiding the point! Congratz! ;)
    What point I don't open boxes that's my point and if I did it wont be on one character because of lobi, unless I was going to use the lobi store which I don't because it is also bound to one character.

I've played this game long enough to know I don't need to spend money on it....I would love to spend money but thanks to the exchange rate with Zen and Dil I can't pass up on all that Zen.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    What point I don't open boxes that's my point and if I did it wont be on one character because of lobi, unless I was going to use the lobi store which I don't because it is also bound to one character.

I've played this game long enough to know I don't need to spend money on it....I would love to spend money but thanks to the exchange rate with Zen and Dil I can't pass up on all that Zen.

The point is... IF you used your keys to open all those boxes and ended up with all those Bound to Character Mining Claims which you were limited on to use... How would you feel? That was the point and still is the point! ;)

It really doesn't matter how you obtained your keys... That's beyond and apart from the point.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here is another point....

Now that players are becoming aware of this situation, I'm sure most would be inclined to stop and think before buying a ton of keys and opening a ton of boxes at once like they did with previous lockboxes! Why? well, not only are a lot of these mining claims being obtained via the boxes and are limited in use, but also, they may start hogging a hell of a lot of inventory or bank space! Most players can't afford that space... especially those who don't have the increased space from going Gold for a month at some stage!

So yea... quite a few players may cut down on the amount of boxes they open on a regular bases due to space to store them until they can use them... Therefore, they'll probably open less boxes... Therefore, less revenue for Cryptic from those who spend cash for keys!

That just came to me and I thought I'd throw it out there. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Pretty sure they want the ship
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The same thing has been on my mind... Maybe he's spending a ton buying them on the exchange? However, his main point still stands imo! ;)

Buying them on the exchange AND buying 150 keys ?

IF he'd tried to sell the first claim he won and realized they weren't sellable would that have made a difference in the amount he opened on his toon ?

From the blog FAQ:
    # "VIP Customer" Dilithium Mining Claim Package**: Includes ten (10) Dilithium Mining Claims. Each of these Claims allows one-time access to a Rich Dilithium Vein located at the Dilithium Asteroid Mining Event, as well as allowing instant travel to the event map. Players may access this Rich Dilithium Vein once per 20-hour period to obtain a prize of between 2,500 and 5,000 Dilithium Ore, depending upon their skills at the Dilithium Mining Mini-Game.

* ** This Package and the Dilithium Mining Claim items are Bind-on-Pickup.

# "Preferred Customer" Dilithium Mining Claim Package**: Same as the previous prize, but includes only six (6) Dilithium Mining Claims.

* ** This Package and the Dilithium Mining Claim items are Bind-on-Pickup.

Notice the 'bind on pickup' at the end of the description ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013

WOW !!!

I bought 30 with dithium(200 each) that's a waste - so I bought the rest at approx 90k each or about $10 million ec total

I have $700 million EC still so I am not hurting - but that is not the point of the post.

The point is there are 5 levels of restriction on this major prize

1 - character to consolidate lobi(character bound)

2 - Mining claim is character bound

3 - dithium is capped at 8k per day

4 - can only use 1 per day

5 - Have to do a mini-game that takes more time and is out of the way vs other sources of getting dilitium.

This is a MAJOR FAIL for such a rare prize - this is a huge structural issue with this box - notice that I am not whining about opening 150 boxes and getting no ship? that is expected - this level of restrictions is silly.
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seeing that the price of keys was going up like crazy last night and with the sale on keys today. I bought 50 keys with the cheap zen I had saved up since season 7 prices dropped so much. I already was sitting on 200 mil EC. And that allowed me to buy each of the new ships off of the exchange. 89 mil for the Dread and 100 mil for the Escourt. Way cheaper than opening boxes. So now I want to equip both ships with the new Weps. It will still be cheaper to buy them off of the exchange than opening boxes. So i will keep selling keys to all of you crazed box openers, And have everything I need for much less.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    IF he'd tried to sell the first claim he won and realized they weren't sellable would that have made a difference in the amount he opened on his toon ?

I just made a post above more or less stating how this would be bad for Cryptic and their revenue... And yea, I agree.

In this particular case of the OP, he should have stopped after opening a few boxes and realised that these Mining Claims were dropping so frequently. And especially after realising that they were bound to character... However, this could be bad for Cryptic.

Now that we are becoming aware of this Bound to Character situation, I think we'll be opening less boxes. Especially due to not only the afore mentioned restrictions, but also the fact that we can either have these things hog our bank or inventory space, or delete them as we get them.

At the end of the day... now that it's out in the open, I think a lot of players will be opening less boxes. Therefore buying less keys. Therefore, lost revenue for Cryptic. ;)

EDIT: Unfortunately, Not everyone who plays this game visits the forum or read the blogs. :(
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    None of the lockbox prizes should be bound unless they are opened.

Folks like to mass open boxes to farm lobi or score the ship then flip the "junk" prizes on the exchange. This then lets the regular folks get lockbox prizes with out having to spend real money.

This system worked great, so I'm curious why the mining claim is different.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I bought 30 with dithium(200 each) that's a waste - so I bought the rest at approx 90k each or about $10 million ec total

I have $700 million EC still so I am not hurting - but that is not the point of the post.

The point is there are 5 levels of restriction on this major prize

1 - character to consolidate lobi(character bound)

2 - Mining claim is character bound

3 - dithium is capped at 8k per day

4 - can only use 1 per day

5 - Have to do a mini-game that takes more time and is out of the way vs other sources of getting dilitium.

This is a MAJOR FAIL for such a rare prize - this is a huge structural issue with this box - notice that I am not whining about opening 150 boxes and getting no ship? that is expected - this level of restrictions is silly.

Lets be realistic- you didn't spend 10 MILLION EC for those boxes to get mining claims, right ?

I'm guessing you feel bad for not winning the reason you opened all those boxes and using this bonus prize as an excuse to whine about the lost EC, since you cant sell the claims to recover your substantial loss.

Am I right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My favourite complaint is "the mining minigame takes more time" yeah that whole 60 seconds to cash 5K Dil is pretty steep, lol.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    None of the lockbox prizes should be bound unless they are opened.

Folks like to mass open boxes to farm lobi or score the ship then flip the "junk" prizes on the exchange. This then lets the regular folks get lockbox prizes with out having to spend real money.

This system worked great, so I'm curious why the mining claim is different.

The primary reason for opening the boxes was to accumulate some lobi - since that is also restricted to character and restricted to lock-boxes.

I was not too concerned with the non grand prize(which i did not get in 150 tries) until i had reached the lobi limit that I wanted(it was 600 to get some of the 200 lobi items - but i went a little crazy with the boxes up to 800 lobi - avg of 5.3 per box)

Then I investigated all these mining prizes and WTF?? 1 per day - dilthium cap - character bound - so it will take a year of going to that stupid moon and jumping around in an EV suit when I could be getting my daily cap doing other this like rep?? WTF??

Basically they are just junk for most people. Account bound is the only way they could fix this situation. Watch this will become a huge sore point for a LOT of people.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Lets be realistic- you didn't spend 10 MILLION EC for those boxes to get mining claims, right ?

I'm guessing you feel bad for not winning the reason you opened all those boxes and using this bonus prize as an excuse to whine about the lost EC, since you cant sell the claims to recover your substantial loss.

Am I right ?

See my last post - I was accumulating lobi(and seeing if I got the grand prize as a outside bonus) - but I never knew about the mining claim. Never intended to sell it.

As I said I STILL have $700 million EC and about $1 billion of stuff I could sell at 50% the exchange price - fire sale.

This has nothing to do with EC - everything to do with a bad set-up for this particular prize.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I feel for you man, but I'll prolly open 6 (just for the lobi's) and hope I'm as lucky winning those claims as you.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I understand the complaint about it being character bound though I do not share it. What I don't understand is why limit yourself to the 8K refinement cap. So you would have some spare unrefined dilithium, big deal. In my opinion, that would be a good thing as there may be a day you can't get on or there is something else you want to do in game that does not reward dilithium but with enough surplus, you can still refine your cap.