test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    I have seen everything. People complaining about too much dilithium. Wow. :confused:

Yeah, it would've been nicer to have those account-bound to help refine them, but it was obvious from the beginning they would not be tradeable, since they're basically dilithium-in-a-box.

I'm not looking to make a 'killing' in Dilithium...

So I really don't give a hoot how these are bound.

I simply do not care for the Mining Mini-game mechanics in any way-shape-or-form.

Therefore, I have Absolutely NO Desire to be forced to have to do it, because Cryptic has added this item to the current lock-box as a scheme to do so.

I don't need to have gobs of Dilithium piled up all the time, to play this game.

Any that I do need, I can get by doing a few ESTF's while having a LOT more fun doing so.

In my opinion, the mining mini-game is un-fun dreck, that I avoid like a plague.

This new item is not something I wish to have piling up in my assorted bank/inventory spaces, which is what will happen since I will only be able to get rid of them, by 'Discharging' them.

As that would be a total waste of my purchasing of Master Keys, I will not be opening any Dominion boxes.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I ended up with a whole bunch of these things, and would much rather sell them on the exchange instead of logging in every day to fly to the mining station.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Rare (Blue) versions give you six (6) assignment claims.
    The Very Rare (Purple) versions give you ten (10) assignment claims.

Via Lock Boxes, I have today earned 48 of these claims. You'd think that is great, but no, it isn't. These are dailies. I get to complete one a day, for the next 48 days. On top of that, I also have to refine the achieved dilithium (I've only done it once today, and got 5000 from it). 5kx48=240000; that's a lot of dilithium, but dilithium that I can't make use of.

I can appreciate the daily part of this, but for the love of god allow the reward to go straight into our dilithium refinement. People are likely getting their desired 8000 a day through missions and the PvE queues, now they're going to have another 5k (max) to wait for. In my case, I've got 48 days before I can get these rewards, and that's assuming I don't get more of them through more Lock Box Rewards.

The idea is a good one, the implementation of such is not. Please Cryptic, do something about this. They're called Lock Box Rewards aren't they? Not Lock Box "Oh Wait a Minute, you can't use this Object yet".

...and they're bound. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Yep, then we could go back to content draughts and a small development team! Those were good times.

I agree, those were good times. The original, small, developement team, did more for this game in the first six months after launch, than the current batch of Superstars, have done in the last year and a half! Good, I'm glad you're happy with all the wonderful, new, Lockbox/Star Base/Invasion Zone/Grindfest "content" that's come out over the last 2 years. Should keep you busy. Me, I think it stinks. It's an insult to the player base, and all of us who paid for lifetime subs.
    edited January 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    The Rare (Blue) versions give you six (6) assignment claims.
    The Very Rare (Purple) versions give you ten (10) assignment claims.

Via Lock Boxes, I have today earned 48 of these claims. You'd think that is great, but no, it isn't. These are dailies. I get to complete one a day, for the next 48 days. On top of that, I also have to refine the achieved dilithium (I've only done it once today, and got 5000 from it). 5kx48=240000; that's a lot of dilithium, but dilithium that I can't make use of.

I can appreciate the daily part of this, but for the love of god allow the reward to go straight into our dilithium refinement. People are likely getting their desired 8000 a day through missions and the PvE queues, now they're going to have another 5k (max) to wait for. In my case, I've got 48 days before I can get these rewards, and that's assuming I don't get more of them through more Lock Box Rewards.

The idea is a good one, the implementation of such is not. Please Cryptic, do something about this. They're called Lock Box Rewards aren't they? Not Lock Box "Oh Wait a Minute, you can't use this Object yet".

...and they're bound. :rolleyes:

Here's the truth.

You bought 48 "loser" lottery tickets. The "Mining Claims" are just the latest, in a long line of basically, worthless, consolation, prizes, that Cryptic includes, so people won't accuse them of sandbagging the player base. Like they did with the giftbox (the original lockbox) when people spent a ridiculous amout of money, and still didn't get a Jemmy Bugship. Back in the 1970s, you got a year supply of Rice A Roni, now you get "Mining Claims".

The fair, equitable, thing to do, would be to just put the ship in the C-Store, and let people buy it, if they want it. But why do that, when you can milk people like cows, capitalize on their greed. Everybody likes to roll them bones, right?
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    Here's the truth.

You bought 48 "loser" lottery tickets. The "Mining Claims" are just the latest, in a long line of basically, worthless, consolation, prizes, that Cryptic includes, so people won't accuse them of sandbagging the player base. Like they did with the giftbox (the original lockbox) when people spent a ridiculous amout of money, and still didn't get a Jemmy Bugship. Back in the 1970s, you got a year supply of Rice A Roni, now you get "Mining Claims".

The fair, equitable, thing to do, would be to just put the ship in the C-Store, and let people buy it, if they want it. But why do that, when you can milk people like cows, capitalize on their greed. Everybody likes to roll them bones, right?

Post of the week right here guys.... :D
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Post of the week right here guys.... :D

So did you play "lock-box online"?
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a guaranteed 2500 MINIMUM Dilithium payout for literally one minute of work?

Dilithium is easy to move between characters on an account.

I'm really not seeing a huge issue, more of a complaining for the sake of complaining.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations you won a prize, a claim that give you up to 5000 dil. Times that by 100 though, great? No.

You can't get that those rewards for another 100 days. Every other reward I can think of you get there and then but this one forces you to log in every 20hrs (or 24 for most people) and claim your reward. It's not the minigame that's the problem but the mandatory logging in every day to get what you won 100 days ago. In 100 days they might say TRIBBLE dilithium we're changing the system again or the game goes under for all we know. 100 btw is just a general figure since I have that number but I know some have much, MUCH more.

When you do unlock the dilithium it's ore so you have to refine it to use it. I get the refining mechanic so that's not the problem. What is the problem is if the 8000 refine cap is in place to stop the system being exploited...why the heck do I have to log in every day for a reward which I can't exploit because it's ore which I can only refine 8000 a day per character?
    Example; I have 100 claims which could give me 500,000 dilithium ore. How much can I refine each day? 8000. I can't transfer the ore to other characters, I can't use it, sell it..nothing. It will still take me 63 days to refine all that but I'm not forced to do a daily mission for the next 100 days.

So again why put a daily cap on the reward forcing me to log in each day until they are consumed when there's a refine cap in place to prevent any abuse?

This and the proposed change in jem'hadar space upgrade set just a day after it came out (so I lose out 50 lobi)...it's almost like Cryptic wants to TRIBBLE off it's customers. Okay Cryptic I get the message. I won't grind for lockboxes anymore (stopped using my money waaayy back). I'll be too busy for the next 100 days claiming the rewards I've already got but can't use.
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations you won a prize, a claim that give you up to 5000 dil. Times that by 100 though, great? No.

I think that character-binding them implements this intentionally. I think the mid-80 price index of dilithium actually did cut into their sales volume. This puts more dilithium on the market, but forcibly time-spread so it can't crash the rate back to the 300s or so.

Or I might be giving them a lot more credit than they deserve.
    SQUIRREL!
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    So did you play "lock-box online"?

Nope, why would I do a silly thing like that ;)

I would rather buy ships from the cstore at a sensible price, cant knock others too much though. If they want to set their money alight in front of their eyes or the small chance of getting a ship, who am I to say....

I will never spend real money on lockboxes, ec however, is abundant and gets me what I want from the exchange.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just one more reason i won't be opening anymore of these lock boxes, by the price of keys on the market I'd say this lock box is deservedly a total flop. To include these mining claims as bound items is absurd, they are assuming that everyone who opens a lock box actually wants to, or is even willing to, go down to the mining planet every day and mine. Ontop of that given its only 1 time a day thing if you open any kinda volume of lock boxes trying to get a ship or lobi your going to end up with a year plus of mining claims.

This is just ridiculous, the should be unbound so that people can sell them to those who wish to spend there time mining. Nothing against those who want to mine, but i'd rather jump off a cliff than spend my time every day going to that damn asteroid for dilithium, especially when i can get plenty from stfs.

You want sell more keys cryptic? Take the mining part out of this and just let us claim a random amount between 2500-5000 dilithium per day from the use of those mining claims. Make it like the old dilithium boxes from Roxy, except they reward a random amount between the values stated on the claim.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since there have been numerous comparisons to playing the lottery, why not take a lottery like approach to how these claims are paid out? Anyone who has played the lotto knows you typically get two payment options: annual and lump sum. The annaul payments pay you the entire amount of the pot, over twenty years, minus taxes. A lump sum payment means taking a percentage less than 100% (typically around 70%) and being taxed on top of it, but you get all your money at once.

These claims are good for 2500-5000, but the mining game is pretty simple, so 5000 should be a given. Let's just take the average between the two and say each one is worth 3750. Using that base we could setup two payment options.

With the annual type payments, you would be able to turn in all of your claims at once (3750 each) and that amount would go to your unrefined dilithium. So with 100 claims you would have 375000 sitting in unrefined, refining at your daily cap of 8000 per day.

With a lump sum payment, the claims would still be valued at 3750 each, but turning in the claims would result in the amount going straight to refined ore. However, there would be an early penalty charge of 50%. So with 100 claims you'd receive a lump sum payment of 187500 straight away.

Lastly, they could leave the existing mechanic in place so those who want to manually do the mining game (and get the full 5000 per day) could do so.
    edited January 2013
    Since there have been numerous comparisons to playing the lottery, why not take a lottery like approach to how these claims are paid out? Anyone who has played the lotto knows you typically get two payment options: annual and lump sum. The annaul payments pay you the entire amount of the pot, over twenty years, minus taxes. A lump sum payment means taking a percentage less than 100% (typically around 70%) and being taxed on top of it, but you get all your money at once.

These claims are good for 2500-5000, but the mining game is pretty simple, so 5000 should be a given. Let's just take the average between the two and say each one is worth 3750. Using that base we could setup two payment options.

With the annual type payments, you would be able to turn in all of your claims at once (3750 each) and that amount would go to your unrefined dilithium. So with 100 claims you would have 375000 sitting in unrefined, refining at your daily cap of 8000 per day.

With a lump sum payment, the claims would still be valued at 3750 each, but turning in the claims would result in the amount going straight to refined ore. However, there would be an early penalty charge of 50%. So with 100 claims you'd receive a lump sum payment of 187500 straight away.

Lastly, they could leave the existing mechanic in place so those who want to manually do the mining game (and get the full 5000 per day) could do so.

My idea is better.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My idea is better.

I've looked back thru the thread and can only find two "ideas" that you posted, neither of which is going to happen. If your "idea" is for people to stop buying keys and opening boxes... that's neither new or original. There will always be someone enticed to buy a key. Cryptic doesn't care if you spend $5 or $500 because, in a free to play game, that's still money they didn't have before.

They're also not going to put these ships in the store for the same reason as above. Some people will get the ship of the month after opening two or three boxes, while others will open a hundred. It's a profit for them, which is what they need to keep the game running. Besides, if people are complaining about dilithium mining claims, I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag. :rolleyes:
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag. :rolleyes:

I think the Chimera is now $299.99?
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
    edited January 2013
    I've looked back thru the thread and can only find two "ideas" that you posted, neither of which is going to happen. If your "idea" is for people to stop buying keys and opening boxes... that's neither new or original. There will always be someone enticed to buy a key. Cryptic doesn't care if you spend $5 or $500 because, in a free to play game, that's still money they didn't have before.

They're also not going to put these ships in the store for the same reason as above. Some people will get the ship of the month after opening two or three boxes, while others will open a hundred. It's a profit for them, which is what they need to keep the game running. Besides, if people are complaining about dilithium mining claims, I can only imagine the epic levels of whine that would ensue if they actually put a ship in the store with a straight up $200.00 price tag. :rolleyes:

Doesn't need to be new, or original, it's still better. Feel like you got ripped off? Stop giving the same con man your money. Simple as that. Good luck with the mining claims.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!

I think the bound to character is ok,but only being allowed to use 1 mining claim a day is ridiculously stupid. Personally we should be allowed to use up those mining claims as quick as we want to. 1 per day is an unwise silly rule.
  • atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think we need to lose either the character-bind, or the 20 hour cooldown. Having both is a little excessive.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    question - so i do get 2500 DILL also when i will do NOTHING?

anyone tested this?

btw - do not open the dominion lockboxes, the previous boxes had far better rewards and they are still available. myself, i have several hundreds in the bank accross my toons...
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think that character-binding them implements this intentionally. I think the mid-80 price index of dilithium actually did cut into their sales volume. This puts more dilithium on the market, but forcibly time-spread so it can't crash the rate back to the 300s or so.

Or I might be giving them a lot more credit than they deserve.

But since the reward is ore you can't crash the market the max you can refine is 8k a day.

Why can't they just do ore like they did for the emblem conversion and give me a tonne of dil ore that is refined over time. I agree either remove the daily mission or remove bind on character. We're still stuck with refining the stuff.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why should they bind them anyway, I had a key left over from when i left 6 months ago opened a box got a mining claim but will never even use it as i have no interest in mining, i just wanna do stf and missions, so its basically useless to me.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    BtA.
    Bonus Refined Dil (smaller amount that the Unrefined you can receive).
    Bonus to Amount you can Refine (again, smaller).

There are definitely a few things that would cut down on the amount of smoking I do after popping a box and finding another of these in there...meh.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is not the first time cryptic thinks 20 toons on 1 account =20 people with 20 different wallets.

Most people will open boxes with their main toon .Other toons are the same person but I really think to much brain power is needed to realize that 300000 toons on 1 account = 1 person most of the times.
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is a good thread. I'll save millions of EC not opening any of the dominion boxes. CXP pool items and DOff mini-packs were annoying. Having a stack of mining claims would just be depressing. I already know how to get dilithium plenty fast and I don't bother, so why would I want those?
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I disagree that the mining claims are worthless. I actually like them way better as a prize than any type of "boost" that were droping from previous boxes. Now I can go to the asteroid every other day and get 10000 dilithium in a couple of minutes from just one mining site. Awesome stuff for all the characters I didn't get a chance to play much recently.

I agree though that these items should be account bound, not bound to character. I can understand the decission of keeping them out of the exchange, but I honestly see no reason why we can't put them to our account bank at the very least.

Personally I don't have this problem of hundreds of claims on a single toon, as I've opened several boxes on all of my characters, but I support the idea of making these claims account bound.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They are bound to character because they contain a good source of Dilithium.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mining Box & Claim would have been better served had the reward been a reset of your daily refine, while maintaining the 20hr claim use.

Regardless of all the trolls posting on here about this and that, the box being character bound, the claim being character bound and the refining being 8k only = dumb reward.

Had Lobi not been character bound over account bound, this would not be an issue.

my two cents on the matter.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Best option to me seems to be to have the Dilithium Claim Box as account bound but, when you unpack it, the Claims themselves be character bound.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am just going to pop in here and throw in a vote for unbound.

I could use EC more than Dilithium.....