What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

Comments

• Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't mind the daily cooldown. What I hate is the bound to character. I want to transfer some of these boxes of claims to other characters not ot reach the cap limit but to clear out my inventory.

I'm not even going to consider opening another Dominion lockbox as long as the claims are bound to character, mainly because I'm starting to run out of space.

You do realize that if you open the item "wrapper" the resulting claims stack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They wont make them account bound. If you have 20 characters which some people do that could easily be 100'000 dilithium in about half an hour, every day until you use them up. i dont think they will want that.

I could see them taking out the daily limit, or at least reducing it significantly. even every hour would help.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How high do they stack?
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    monsh wrote: »
    You do realize that if you open the item "wrapper" the resulting claims stack?

When I said I had alot of claims, I meant I had a lot of claims. :D
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do you get the claim things?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hartzilla wrote: »

Dominion Lockbox
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I said I had alot of claims, I meant I had a lot of claims. :D

man alive. they stack into the hundreds.
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    hartzilla wrote: »

You get them from Dominion Lock Boxes.

Lol I currently have 296 of these tickets haha.
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    man alive. they stack into the hundreds.

Yes, I know. And I have no more room in my inventory.
  • Options
    captaincanecaptaincane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can understand the money aspect of this, the more dilithium we can refine a day equals less money in the developers pockets. BUT, increasing the cap to 16,000 for vet or lifetime member would not be so terrible. Even at refining 16,000 a day it would still take 13 days to do one of the special starbase missions and it would still take 3 days to make any kind of shield, defelctor or engines in the reputation system and that is only the dilithium aspect of it. My point is if they want the dilithium to stay in a certain range, they should set it and not allow for it to push beyond those boundries to make sure they keep funding going and still be reasonable to player needs, and the amount of zen being converted into dilithium should just be icing on the cake and not something they rely on for consistent income.
    Even if they increase the dilithium amount to 12,000 a day, it would still require 5 days to refine for a regular starbase mission or 5 people to donate. This seems pretty reasonable especially considering the small fleets out there that can't make any progress or even think about doing those special missions that are offered. You could buy a Mk XI blue consol in a day which seems reasonable considering it would take 10 days to buy all the consols and if we consider the time it takes to buy everything for a ship using dilithium out of the dilithium store it would take 33 days using 12,000 a day. Currently, it takes 49 days to fit a ship using the dilithium store and that is assuming you can reach the 8000 dilithium cap in a day.
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They can keep the cap at 8000 if they want I would just like to get the claims turned in for the unrefined dilithium.
  • Options
    captaincanecaptaincane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    claransa wrote: »
    They can keep the cap at 8000 if they want I would just like to get the claims turned in for the unrefined dilithium.

I like this idea if it was turned in for refined dilithium!
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why the claims have a 20 hour cooldown when we already have a 8k/day refinement cap.

Really Cryptic? You're that worried about my 20 claims adding 100k ore when I already have that amount waiting to be refined anyway?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is exactly why I will never buy any Lock-box that has this item in it...

You are forced to either consume precious Inventory/Bank Space with these things piling up or Discharge them, which would be a Total Waste of your Master Key Purchase.

This is really the first thing that Cryptic has placed in the game that I want absolutely nothing to do with!

They had better do something about it soon or They are going to see a drastic drop-off of Dominion Box/Master Key sales.

I'm sure I'm not the only one upset enough with this item, too be willing to completely boycott opening these boxes.

This is the first time since their inception, that I have not even opened one and I have no plans to do so while that item exists in its current form.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    psudosapienpsudosapien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    agreed, there is no legit reason to make this a daily
    i got enough of those things to keep me doing it for the next 3 Months

the 8000 limit will not be going away though

Champions Online got a 16000 limit with their 1000 day Veteran Reward,
    we did not!

There is a vendor at each academy that allows veterans to refine an additional 8000 dil daily.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At first I thought the OP's idea was absurd. That you would get waaay too much dil, but then I had to agree with the point about the dilithium refining cap.

Considering the claims are bind on pickup, I think it should be a bit of a reward for those who spend so much buying keys that they accumulate so many of these things. Let them go ahead and cash them all in. They will probably spend weeks or months refining it all anyway.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    A cap raise to 16k would solve alot of player headaches.

I wonder if hamsters complain that their wheels aren't made of gold?
    <3
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is a vendor at each academy that allows veterans to refine an additional 8000 dil daily.

Are you sure? Last I checked, it was 1000 Dil every 2 days.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Are you sure? Last I checked, it was 1000 Dil every 2 days.

You are correct.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Mining Claims that we paid good money for should be for refined Dilithium. I have a pile of them that I will never use. I can cap the Daily Limit along with doing STFs for fleet, romulan, or omega marks! It would be nice to turn them in for like one purple or Blue Duty Officer, depending on the claim.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shifter777 wrote: »
    The Mining Claims that we paid good money for should be for refined Dilithium. I have a pile of them that I will never use. I can cap the Daily Limit along with doing STFs for fleet, romulan, or omega marks! It would be nice to turn them in for like one purple or Blue Duty Officer, depending on the claim.

If Cryptic is going to keep the 8k cap (they should) then it SHOULD be refine (additional 5k refined) with 20 hours cooldown is acceptable.

Since they are NOT refined, then there shouldn't be a cooldown. Having 50k (like me) or 300k unrefined dil doesn't hurt it since players has to refine it and limit 8k per day.

They are character bound and don't expire, these tickets will be claim soon or later.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll just chime in and add my voice to the calls for Account bound.

I could go with the claims themselves being character bound, but 'customer packages' (the things that contain the claims) being account.

Right now the boxes create odd incentives. I want to open boxes on alts rather than my main, since I don't want a huge collection of unrefined dil on my main. And it means if I want say a ship, from ~150 boxes (the lobi bought one), I'm going to be looking at 6 months before I get the full value of my rewards from the boxes. That's just odd.

As a player you want to concentrate lobi from boxes on one character, but you want to disperse the mining claims (from the same boxes).

Granted, I'm sure it's in the rules of acquisition somewhere, and cryptic seems to be using that as their game design document. But it's still odd.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shifter777 wrote: »

Very much this. Especially since we could have just used that Zen to buy Dilithium anyway.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They would be fine if they were account bound, so they could be used to avoid farming on less-played toons.
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are these character bound?

I'm obviously not going to open lockboxes on alts when i need the lobi on X character being played as a main currently, said main also has 150k dilithium ore and increasing everyday, im gaining more ore than i can refine per day, on top of having 20 useless VIP mining claims on the character.

Would be nice if these VIP claims or at the least the reward packs were made account bound, so some alts could get some dil ore lovin'.

I know im not alone with this, having dil mining claims which you just don't need on a character already having more dil than you could refine in months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree I would like them to be account bound aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another reason to raise the cap. . . . I for one would love that much dilithium lol I am just about getting 8k a day if I grind hard
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are these character bound?

I'm obviously not going to open lockboxes on alts when i need the lobi on X character being played as a main currently, said main also has 150k dilithium ore and increasing everyday, im gaining more ore than i can refine per day, on top of having 20 useless VIP mining claims on the character.

Would be nice if these VIP claims or at the least the reward packs were made account bound, so some alts could get some dil ore lovin'.

I know im not alone with this, having dil mining claims which you just don't need on a character already having more dil than you could refine in months.

Just transfer the DIl when you get it to your other Characters.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Just transfer the DIl when you get it to your other Characters.

?

You cant transfer ore..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You cant transfer ore..
    He probably means exchange it to Zen and then (on another character) change it back again, though you would of course lose a little on the market value.

Still, on topic, I would agree that these things being bound is idiotic at best. I've over 150 of them. That's 150 days worth of playing. We can only refine 8,000 a day, so why can't we just use all the claims up in a single day too? It's not like we're going to be able to get the ore any quicker. It's a similar issue to the officer reports mission, what does it matter if the mission takes two minutes (out of the currently required 15) if there is a cooldown on the mission anyway? It's ludicrous.

These Dilithium Claims are, quite simply, the reason I'm refusing to open any more lock boxes. They're going to be lingering in my inventory for quite some time. Then I've got to travel all the way to that Asteroid on a daily basis when I could be doing other things. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222