test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (November 13, 2012) - The Launch of Season 7: New Romulus

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Tuesday, November 13th, at 6AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply the Season 7: New Romulus patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

For information about Season 7, check out this State of the Game entry, and these Dev Blogs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes Season 7
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice :cool:

That's Wed 1:00 AM for me (GMT+10)

Bring it on!
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And so it begins...

:)
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Tuesday, November 13th, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply the Season 7: New Romulus patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

For information about Season 7, check out this State of the Game entry, and these Dev Blogs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Wouldn't this actually be PST? not PDT.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And, because I know it's going to be asked, C-Store releases don't show up in the patch notes. The Vesta(s) and bundle are still scheduled to go live tomorrow :)
    skiffy1 wrote: »

Yes. Copy and paste fail. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this be interesting to see work out in my opinion
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so what new ships are coming next/soon to sto now the vesta is released tomorrow ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Added the following to the patch notes, under "Systems":
    • Updated the Assimilated Space Set:
      • Universal Console - Assimilated Module has been removed from the set
        • This console has become 1 piece of a new 3-piece set, attained via the Omega Reputation
      • The former 4-piece Bonus (Assimilated Tractor Beam) is now a 3-piece bonus that can be obtained by equipping the Shield, Engine and Deflector.
      • All other existing stats and bonuses remain otherwise unchanged.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    so what new ships are coming next/soon to sto now the vesta is released tomorrow ?

Well we know no KDF ships are coming anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Brandon,

We appreciate the early Announcement / Reminder.

I look forward the new additions and enhancements ... I experienced on the Tribble.
    I'll expect to begin the Patch @ 10:15am ... and log-in @ NOON .. Hopefully with NO Server Crashing.
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the 'reduced doff requirements for starbase projects' alteration, will that adjust currently-queued projects or only future ones?
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the 'reduced doff requirements for starbase projects' alteration, will that adjust currently-queued projects or only future ones?

Projects already in progress, with the Duration Timer counting down, will be unaffected by the above changes.
    If you have already input items into any of the affected requirement fields, you will not lose your ongoing progress or any Fleet Credit you earned by doing so.
    If a requirement field was previously filled and now requires a higher number of inputs, it will no longer be filled unless the project has already begun its duration timer.
    If a requirement field was previously partially-filled and now requires fewer inputs, causing it to fill, this will require the Project's duration timer to begin if it was the last remaining incomplete requirement.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Brandon,

We appreciate the early Announcement / Reminder.

I look forward the new additions and enhancements ... I experienced on the Tribble.
    I'll expect to begin the Patch @ 10:15am ... and log-in @ NOON .. Hopefully with NO Server Crashing.

Just in case its not at this time can u tell us the right time please not just PDT (i think it is) please???
  • Options
    violadanvioladan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really, really, really... Did I say REALLY enough? Ok... I'm truly disappointed in the new dilithium prices for the Doff grinder. If it weren't for that one aspect and how it affects me because I have so little time to play STO, but love it SO much, I would say that Season 7 looks awesome.

These prices are going to kill my enjoyment of Doffing... I wonder how Heretic would feel about the changes to his amazing system... :(
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    4 hours? Yeah right. Expect that to skyrocket to 8-12 due to "technical difficulties." :P

Should be an interesting day.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, Season 7 FTW!

Only one thing is missing from the patch notes:
    Foundry
    • Added Tholian contacts and mobs.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will Dilithium still be rewarded for STF missions automatically upon mission completion?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will Dilithium still be rewarded for STF missions automatically upon mission completion?

Yes. Read Dev Blog #8.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    mcwyliemcwylie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, Brandon. Appreciate the update and really looking forward to Season 7 and the Vesta.
  • Options
    flazizlle0flazizlle0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Loooking forward to season 7. Kudos to Cryptic for giving us the release date unlike season 6.
    ~FlaZizLLe
  • Options
    flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everything is PERFECT :D

Except... Dilithium. We shall see tomorrow (for me) if dilithium isn't stretched too thinly.

But thanks for announcing Season 7 early (even with the PC gamer heads up last week).
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In release notes :
    Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
    If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased .
    If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.
    All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
    These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.

Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    violadan wrote: »
    I wonder how Heretic would feel about the changes to his amazing system... :(

I asked him about that once. Sadly, at the time, he hadn't really looked into it thoroughly, but he did say that "wasn't the first place he'd've gone", paraphrasing slightly.
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So.... new faction? or just more grinding?

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just time to log in and start as many DOFF recruitment missions as I can before they start gouging Dilithium for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skiffy1 wrote: »

Only if you're a silly/stubborn American.... PST(Pacific Standard Time) and PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) are the same thing....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    okay seriously, devs need to explain the reasoning behind putting a massive dilithium cost on the Duty Officer Upgrade Assignments.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    violadan wrote: »
    Really, really, really... Did I say REALLY enough? Ok... I'm truly disappointed in the new dilithium prices for the Doff grinder. If it weren't for that one aspect and how it affects me because I have so little time to play STO, but love it SO much, I would say that Season 7 looks awesome.

These prices are going to kill my enjoyment of Doffing... I wonder how Heretic would feel about the changes to his amazing system... :(

rikwessels wrote: »
    In release notes : Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .

I can understand that people don't like the increased dilithium cost, but I think the grind cost has been negated by fleet projects only needing white DOFFs (dilithium only needed for DOFFs you intend to keep, plus whilst it may cost more to get DOFFs, the type requirements have been relaxed.

I think it has been done in a relatively balanced way.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can understand that people don't like the increased dilithium cost, but I think the grind cost has been negated by fleet projects only needing white DOFFs (dilithium only needed for DOFFs you intend to keep, plus whilst it may cost more to get DOFFs, the type requirements have been relaxed.

I think it has been done in a relatively balanced way.

let me assure you: even if you'd need only 20-25 doffs for fleetbase projects ( with said doffs costing dilithium ) and the same amount of dilithium as before that is the end of many fleets .It's already hard for small/midsize fleets to get projects done and that's with doffs costing zilch .
This discussion has been closed.