test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 13, 2012) - The Launch of Season 7: New Romulus

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    So what's the other ship besides Vesta that Geko's teasing on his twitter? Fleet Assault Refit?

I hope there is going to be something for KDF leaked soon. Maybe a version of Negh'Var like the fleet vor'cha for instance LOL or possible gorn, orion, nausicaan, and lethean ships too...
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Twitter link please? I wanna see!
    https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/268199294992007170

Also, google.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, now added him and also following him!
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Vesta does not have it's own bridge.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm curious, who makes these decisions of which ships come with their own bridge, and which ships don't?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol I've been grinding STF's for the past several hours knowing if I don't get the pieces I need a set will be beyond me for 60 days due to the joke of time-gating on STF's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuF3T7s7XY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Not quite sure why your comment is relevant, to my overall current excitement of watching my countdown timer tick over during maintenance. :confused:
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A real mixed bag with this update imo. Some very good changes I.e. The ability to change toon without logging out as well as some which I just groaned when I saw them on the patch notes I.e. doffs now cost dilithium as well as the assignment durations going up by a factor or more than 2.

But I feel I simply must ask two questions ;
    When will we see the UI being updated so it doesn't smash our CPUs so much?

When will we have a working bug reporter?
    I need a beer.

• eithanbladeeithanblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the new ship besides the vesta is a borg sphere! duh! READ ALLABOUT IT!:D:P
  • outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    I'm curious, who makes these decisions of which ships come with their own bridge, and which ships don't?

Why Bort probably does of course, Captain of the SS Dingbat and her Sistership the SS ragequit xD
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BOOO!!!

Season 7 is like getting a sirloin with loads of bones in it.

Should just be called the dilithium drain season. Or perhaps just Season $$$
    :eek:
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    BOOO!!!

Season 7 is like getting a sirloin with loads of bones in it.

Should just be called the dilithium drain season. Or perhaps just Season $$$

Season: Christmas Bonus or... I ferget you can't say Christmas its gonna be...

Season: Winter Megabucks!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meurik wrote: »

z-store ships are without special bridge variants, lockbox ships have their own bridge. The Odyssey was an exeption because it's the flagship.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When changes occur in general, we all fear the unknown elements. Once we actually see what they have done, I think we will all have a better understanding. If these release notes are any indication, the new changes ahead do look both promising an scary. Until we actually get into the game, people's fears will still bubble up to the surface. I get that. I am having similar emotions. Our only way to get certain answers is to play the system.

Everyone just needs to have patience.

Season Seven is almost here.

I think everyone is anxious and nervous at the same time.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not quite sure why your comment is relevant, to my overall current excitement of watching my countdown timer tick over during maintenance. :confused:

Lol because you're excited about it coming, whereas I was praying they'd ****-up somehow and push the release :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    First, what you are saying is that you have more tactical officers than there are projects in which require them? Five tiers of projects that require tactical officers, and you somehow have a surplus that exceeds the system?

Second, you have a legit point about security duty officer availability; however, we cannot draw any conclusions without seeing if Cryptic upped the input's availability. According to a previous priority one interview, Cryptic did mention that certain input availabilities were increased. We currently do not have that specific information.

whats with the cyrptic fan boi?

anyways u both made ur cases and opinions he is entitled to his stop crying like babys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One Hour and 43 minutes to go......:P
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if they be able to pull a scotty they need to do it in less than an hour and 30 minutes over that time frame its on their schedueled time or extended

edit pwe external name season 7: new romulus

pwe internal name season 7: money heaven

internal name because of squeezing money out of players
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • darwin789darwin789 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First, what you are saying is that you have more tactical officers than there are projects in which require them? Five tiers of projects that require tactical officers, and you somehow have a surplus that exceed the system?

Yes. Let me give you an example. I ran a project (Practice Tactical Exercises II) that requires 60 tacticals and 60 security department doffs. I bought ~400 fleet tactical doffs with several characters. I got ~20 security department doffs (sometimes, if I am lucky enough I get ~25-30) and ~380 tacticals. I filled up 60 needed tacticals very quicky and was left with 320 white tactical surplus and was in short of ~40 security doffs. Sure I could save some of those tacticals for future projects but there's really no need to do that cause I'll get them again from fleet doff packages.
    Second, you have a legit point about security duty officer availability; however, we cannot draw any conclusions without seeing if Cryptic upped the availability of that input. According to a previous priority one interview, Cryptic did mention that certain inputs were increased. We currently do not have that specific information.

Sure, maybe now that particular project I mentioned will require less, for example 30 security and 30 tacticals so I won't have to buy 400 packages of fleet doffs. Still, considering the ratio of tactical/security from fleet doff packages I am pretty sure I'll be in abundance of tactical and in short of security doffs.
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One Hour and 43 minutes to go......:P

Im not going to make it.. Im dead tired from work last night and Im about to crash.. Season 7 will have to start without me :(
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What new ship is Bran talking about on twitter?? I couldn't find out
    In game: @vividh
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I gave again a look to the patch notes... they said they removed the console from the borg set but they said the borg set (shields+engine+deflector) is still available
    What will be the set bonuses? We know the 3-set bonus will be the tractor beam but what about the other 2 bonuses we had until now? Will one of those be deleted or will it be coupled with the tractor beam?
    edited November 2012
    Im not going to make it.. Im dead tired from work last night and Im about to crash.. Season 7 will have to start without me :(

Hang in there! You can do it! You can hang in a little longer!
  • bordermonkey91bordermonkey91 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The 29th Century Unis (Fed and KDF) won't be in this patch, but I've been told it should be very soon. There was actually a last minute fix that was needed after players tested it on Tribble.

The Vesta does not have it's own bridge.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What ! No Bridge why do I feel Riped of here.
    jzjjb9.jpg
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vividh wrote: »
    What new ship is Bran talking about on twitter?? I couldn't find out

Quickly get this man some Monster Energy stat.
    edited November 2012
    Hugs for Minnow, it will be alright!
    edited November 2012
    killjack0 wrote: »
    Quickly get this man some Monster Energy stat.

Im already pumped on redbull - back from work - another two hour wait for 1.5 hour wait for s7
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    guglif wrote: »
    I gave again a look to the patch notes... they said they removed the console from the borg set but they said the borg set (shields+engine+deflector) is still available
    What will be the set bonuses? We know the 3-set bonus will be the tractor beam but what about the other 2 bonuses we had until now? Will one of those be deleted or will it be coupled with the tractor beam?

By having the Borg 3 piece - shield, deflector and engine - you get the hull heal, shield heal and the tractor beam just like before, its just that you have to use the shield now.
    The console has now been moved to the "weapon" set - Console, Borg cutting beam and the HUGE torp
    edited November 2012
    Al Riveria was talking about another ship not BranFlakes!
    edited November 2012
    Al Riveria was talking about another ship not BranFlakes!

yeah i just realised lol
  • gruntsoldiergruntsoldier Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Life is currently meaningless; cannot log on to Star Trek Online.
This discussion has been closed.