What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (November 13, 2012) - The Launch of Season 7: New Romulus

Comments

• Options
    redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    6am pst, that's 3pm gmt+1, or otherwise known as the precise moment I get home from work... Oh well, it was to be expected.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tehjonel wrote: »

then turn it into dil instead of sitting on insane amounts of the stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    then turn it into dil instead of sitting on insane amounts of the stuff
    ORLY

/10char
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And, because I know it's going to be asked, C-Store releases don't show up in the patch notes. The Vesta(s) and bundle are still scheduled to go live tomorrow :)

Yes. Copy and paste fail. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Does this include the new ship Geko mentioned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    redstarswe wrote: »
    6am pst, that's 3pm gmt+1, or otherwise known as the precise moment I get home from work... Oh well, it was to be expected.

2pm till 6pm gmt...

And what is goin on with the borg weapons from post...
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=435211
  • Options
    oewefreestaroewefreestar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome. Can't wait to log in tomorrow. I just got my proto weapon about 3 hours ago so I was lucky enough to get in before MK XII bargan sale. Lol

But I seriously do like the new system, tried it out on Tribble for the weekend test and there is a lot to look forward to! :D
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks team! Look forward to trying the new content.
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2pm to 5pm. I guess it could have been a bit more EU friendly, but if you finish on time, at least us from the EU will have a chance to play the game while everyone else works around the world :)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    In release notes :
    Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
    If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased .
    If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.
    All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
    These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.

Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
    Don't forget:
    ~ You can buy duty officers with fleet credits from the fleet base.
    ~ You can buy unwanted duty officers from the exchange for energy credits.
    ~ You can recruit new duty officers for free.

When it comes to the increase in dilithium prices, they only affect your ability to upgrade low quality to higher quality duty officers. If you have completed your duty officer projects for a specific skill, (diplomacy, science, military, etc...), you can buy specific duty officers for dilithium. Its always been that way. Plus, you no longer need to buy higher quality duty officers for projects.
    Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
    ~ If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ Perfect and welcomed.

~ If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.

~ All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
    ~ ~ These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.
    Why I agree: Since Cryptic has exchanged specialization for department type, you will be able to buy duty officers with fleet credits to fulfill requirements. Congrats. You just won the lottery. Instead of obtaining your duty officers from the exchange, you can now go directly to your fleet store. Its that simple.

You no longer need to upgrade lower duty officers, so you can sell them for energy credits to buy specific types.

Exchange price gouging is now over.

Cryptic just got rid of the middle man.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In Europe (a place that pwecornflakes doesn't know where is it) this schedule maintenance will end at the evening. And as usual, because QOS and bandwith of Cryptic servers are making discrimination. We, european, will take 4 hours to download 10 Mb of patch. Thank you in advance!
    Also thank you in advance for the warning you will send to me.
  • Options
    docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Duty Officers:

The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
    White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
    Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
    Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium
    The "General Recruitment" assignment available on both faction Academy zones has been altered:
    Duration increased from 20 hours to 48 hours.
    The cooldown is unchanged.
    An input cost of 1000 Dilithium has been added.
    The variety of Duty Officers in the Department-specific packs has increased dramatically to include nearly all Duty Officers available from General Recruitment.
    These packs are 25% higher in price than the standard packs of the same quality level to reflect this improvement in contents.
    Flight Deck Officer Duty Officers that are designed to reduce the cooldown of Boarding Parties now correctly reduce the cooldown.
    Putting points into the Neural Neutralizer Duty Officer power will now properly increase the duration of the Placate.

So much for our concerns being heard for NOT wanting this stupid DOFF dilithium tax increase or using Dilithium to buy Borg gear. I take that back.. I'm sure the DEVS (or whoever) heard our concerns but chose to ignore and give us a valid reason of why they are adding all this extra dilithium tax.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
    So much for our concerns being heard for NOT wanting this stupid DOFF dilithium tax increase or using Dilithium to buy Borg gear. I take that back.. I'm sure the DEVS (or whoever) heard our concerns but chose to ignore and give us a valid reason of why they are adding all this extra dilithium tax.
    ::READ:: Before anyone else jumps the gun, please read the post I just made. It clears things up. ::READ::
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I for one am now reserving all complaints till after said release due to the inability to judge how market forces will work after the release. I'm just hoping the dilithium grind doesn't increase yet become harder to get. Used to depend on STFs to fill that bank...

On another note, any word on how long it will take to max out the Omega and Romulan trees?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *inhales* Ah... the sweet smell of nerd rage.

Yeah, I like the new season. It has a lot of fun stuff to do in it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »

where do you get the fleet doffs and free doffs lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    where do you get the fleet doffs and free doffs lol

Fleet doffs are 500 fleet credits each, and can be purchased in the same room as the "Officer Of The Watch" daily.

They're a godsend, and they make like much much easier!

You can get department specific doffs for 750 fleet credits each if you prefer....

Free doffs are from the personnel officer at starfleet academy. General recruitment now costs dilithium but the department specific recruitments are still free!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    adamma1701adamma1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    S7 does look nice, enjoyed playing around on tribble... but why? oh WHY?? can't you guys release a season without a dilithium gouge of some kind?? Since you sold your soul to them, I'm sure your PWE overlords are responsible. But it's just getting disgustingly blatant.
  • Options
    pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So in essence more grinding more TRIBBLE up things?

I literally stopped "playing" on start of Season 6, although played on Tribble and like most stuff, when it became live it proved what it meant "death" for small fleets and 24/7 mindless automatons grinding....

After all that time, even if we did play from time to time and some members more actively our BIG fleet of 3-4 ppl is getting Tier 1!!! Was very nice to donate 200000 dilithium alone for a project, i mean yes it's very balanced... comparing 100 member fleets to 5 members fleets.... Oh and one of my characters is in a big fleet.... as i didn't "camp" the project timer the "leader" on the leaderboard has now 2.6 milions fleet credits... i have 30000... again balanced....

But let's discuss of Season 7 and the nice stuff... yes there is nice stuff coming out... but compared to the 24/7 grinding in store... i think more ppl will stop playing....
    So... after playing 1200 elite STFs we "lose" everything and we need to invest (according to another thread) 450k dilithium to reach Tier 5, and 3 months.... on ONE reputation tree... and we get it so then we can use more REFINED dilithium to get our gear....
    Let's look on fleet weapons.... 160k fleet credits and 80k refined dilithium to buy weapons for a ship... great... and 160k fleet credits = 160k refined dilithium too... well or 160k warp coils if you find the energy credits or the place to donate all that.... In essence to gear 1 ship we pay more than an account wide ship unlock?!
    Before Season 6 and since you ppl killed Kerrat, i used contraband doff mission to get my daily dilithium... Then you screwed that up too... and now you remove dilithium rewards from Investigate Duty Officer daily and STF and... WHERE are we supposed to get dilithium? Mining for 20 hours? So all fleet stuff requires dilithium... to buy and to make or achieve, and now we get embassy and 2 reputation trees that require same? And now DOFFs require dilithium too?

Why don't you call it Dilithium Mindless Grinding Online? That's if there would actually be a place to grind it....

Instead of giving us missions, or episodes, or better rewards, or more LIKE Star Trek universe lore, where people actually used diplomacy and explored things... In here we get fire at will on everyone and linear missions where we don't even get to raise our own shields.... Is it so hard to make a NON linear mission? To give us the option to hail the alien ship or shoot it? To make a MMORPG more RPG like??

I can see Season 8 coming out, probably very soon.... The Dominion Ferengi, because we open fire like the Jem'Hadar and are more greedy than the most pure bred ferengi....

Mission 1 - Welcome to Ferenginar

Menu options:
    - Open hailing frequencies - Requires 50000 refined dilithium
    - Beam down to planet - Requires 1000 Zen
    - Depart system - Requires 10000000 Gold Pressed Latinum
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    topset wrote: »
    Fleet doffs are 500 fleet credits each, and can be purchased in the same room as the "Officer Of The Watch" daily.

They're a godsend, and they make like much much easier!

You can get department specific doffs for 750 fleet credits each if you prefer....

Free doffs are from the personnel officer at starfleet academy. General recruitment now costs dilithium but the department specific recruitments are still free!

O_O wow i didnt know that the dprt specific were still free....thats cool

thanks for the location for getting the fleet doffs :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    O_O wow i didnt know that the dprt specific were still free....thats cool

thanks for the location for getting the fleet doffs :)
    If you are overflowing with fleet credits, you can buy department specific types from your fleet store. Why wait for a cool down timer, so you can only obtain a handful of duty officers? As a result of changing the requirement from specialization to department specific, Cryptic gave us an excuses for using our fleet stores and bases. Duty officers will now cost fleet credits. Department specific ones start unlocking half way through tier two. Even though you have to get past two and a half tiers, I still call this a very good win for small and big fleets. At some point in the earlier tiers, you unlock random duty officer singles. Its still win-win.

500 fleet credits for single randoms.
    750 fleet credits for department specific randoms.

Nothing wrong with that.

Since Cryptic changed the requirements from specialization to department, the dilithium price increase for upgrading them to higher quality officers is only rational. If they didn't increase the dilithium prices, Cryptic would have made it too easy to obtain the higher quality officers. They would have broken the game.

Cryptic opened the floodgates on common duty officers, so they had to increase the cost for upgrading them. While we were all too busy focusing on the dilithium costs, we missed what they actually did to make things easier.
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

NOT THE TEST SERVERS TOO....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    If you are overflowing with fleet credits, you can buy department specific types from your fleet store. Why wait for a cool down timer, so you can only obtain a handful of duty officers? As a result of changing the requirement from specialization to department specific, Cryptic gave us an excuses for using our fleet stores and bases. Duty officers will now cost fleet credits. Department specific ones start unlocking half way through tier two. Even though you have to get past two and a half tiers, I still call this a very good win for small and big fleets. At some point in the earlier tiers, you unlock random duty officer singles. Its still win-win.

500 fleet credits for single randoms.
    750 fleet credits for department specific randoms.

Nothing wrong with that.

Since Cryptic changed the requirements from specialization to department, the dilithium price increase for upgrading to higher quality duty officers is only rational. If they didn't increase the dilithium prices, Cryptic would have made it too easy to obtain the higher quality duty officers. They would have broken the game.

Cryptic opened the floodgates on common duty officers, so they had to increase the cost for upgrading them. While we were all too busy focusing on the dilithium costs, we missed what they actually did to make things easier.

yeah....I and my fleet mates that have over 200k fleet creds (with one of them having just under 2 million lol) will have a good use for them now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    yeah....I and my fleet mates that have over 200k fleet creds (with one of them having just under 2 million lol) will have a good use for them now
    Exactly.

All those fleet credits were going to waste. Now you can use them to feed the system.

People just forgot that fleet credits are a form of currency, which can also be used to buy duty officers. What got everyone upset was a lack of specifics. Now we know.
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's sad. I'm actually extremely excited about the Vesta (the first sci ship since F2P at least that's an equal choice in PvE). I've been gathering up my gear and consoles for it and planning out how I'll set my power levels for weeks. I also think that the character switching button will be extremely useful, and the Romulan missions will likely be an interesting addition, although I haven't spent enough time on Tribble to know much about them. Given all that, I should barely be able to wait for this release. Instead, I'm dreading it.

I understand the desire to make the STF gear available guaranteed after a set amount of work, I was actually one of the many who asked to be able to get the Mk XII gear with large quantities of EDC, since it took me about 6 months playing KASE before I finally got my Prototype Deflector Tech, but this system goes far beyond that and puts all the STF rewards at the end of weeks of work. Even though I have all of the equipment I need right now, I'll have to grind the system because eventually I'll almost certainly want something more.

Even worse than this, though, are the many dilithium reductions. I relied on short Officer Reports missions, the exploration dailies, and the Lore mission at the academy for most of my dilithium, with the rest provided by STFs. The only one of those that remains intact is the Lore mission. The exploration dailies have been cut in half, the STFs have had their rewards significantly reduced, and it seems likely that the only missions that will still be usable for the Officer Reports daily will be hours long. I'm in college, I simply don't have the time to be playing that much and I don't have the money to buy my way there. Until now I have been able to be a decent contributor to my fleet and progress my characters while being a casual player. Now, that will no longer be the case. Instead, I'll have to spend more of my play time grinding dull, repetitive dailies which provide a smaller total reward. That smaller reward will prevent me from contributing as much to my fleet as I have been able to, and will put any further Ship Requisitions or Zen Store purchases far out of reach.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Even worse than this, though, are the many dilithium reductions. I relied on short Officer Reports missions, the exploration dailies, and the Lore mission at the academy for most of my dilithium, with the rest provided by STFs. The only one of those that remains intact is the Lore mission. The exploration dailies have been cut in half, the STFs have had their rewards significantly reduced, and it seems likely that the only missions that will still be usable for the Officer Reports daily will be hours long.

Another mistake we are all making.
    Updated Fleet Actions:
    Increased Dilithium rewards for the Fleet Actions that reward Dilithium, e.g. Starbase 24.
    ~~Rather than rewarding increased Dilithium, 1st place in Fleet Actions will now reward 2 Purple items and the same Dilithium value as other participants in the Fleet Action receive.
    ~~Fleet Actions that reward Dilithium now have a 30 minute cooldown.
    While Cryptic lowered the dilithium rewards obtained through STFs, they upgraded the dilithium rewards for the fleet actions. All those fleet actions have become relevant; thus, they will not be laying around STO gathering dust. Starbase 24, Breaking the Planet, etc... As a result of people abandoning the fleet actions, virtually no one gives them a second look. I wanted to play these great missions, but they were never relevant for over level fifty players. Now they are.

More verity in missions and more opportunity to get dilithium.

Win-win.
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So .... no fix for TBR?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone got the times on the launcher wrong.

one says 3 hours, the other says 4. not a big deal but a silly error.
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just hoping that the logjam of mass logins once season 7 goes live isn't as bad as when season 6 was launched; I recall practically all the holodeck servers were full to capacity for a significant amount of time. Hopefully they learned from that and are prepared for the massive traffic influx this time around. That aside, I can't wait to see what this season has to offer.
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just have to say I am looking forward to seeing the little bit of new content and the rep system. However sadly the bad seriously out ways the good in the fact by reducing all the dilithium rewarded and adding horribly high costs to it seems very counter productive. I just dont understand why PWE would say we listened and this is what we are doing is "What the players asked for?" No way in any way did we ask for all the gouges in dilithium. I might add we didnt ask to have all those rewards reduced. The players did not ask for the borg set to be changed... Granted a few complained about it because they didn't like that someone came up with something they didn't and again something original and interesting someone found has been changed so that can't happen... Again i just don't understand how this is doing what the players asked for....One would think that if this is what players asked for.."I'm confused". I do not see all us players asking for all the costs to go up on everything costing dilithium. Also a personal note...why in the world would you add having to pay dilithium to crafting..Not like we had to pay enough rare materials for rare items..now we pay and be gouged with dilithium too...Just hope i am proved wrong with all the negative things i am seeing about Season 7.
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
This discussion has been closed.