Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (November 13, 2012) - The Launch of Season 7: New Romulus

Comments

• Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps they can add a Universal Grinding console in a future update? LOL

Ya, we both could hope! I would pay money for that type of console!
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darwin789 wrote: »
    Sure, and that's a good thing of course. I won't need a lot of assault squad officers, but instead I'll need a lot of security department doffs and I ain't getting enough of them from fleet doffs packages.
    So, buy them in the exchange with energy credits.
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »

Okay, let me try to explain this one more time. In the starbase store, unless they have changed it since I last looked, you can buy Duty officers either as "random" which is any of the 7 "departments" which is 500/per, or a specific class for 750/per white. These are military/engineering/medical. A military doff can give you either any of the specializations within either the security or the tactical departments. They are two different "departments" so if the new system switches it over to being you need x tactical officers, you still can't just buy "tactical" officers from the Doff store on the starbase, but rather "military" officers with a random chance of being either "tactical" or "security" with all the random sub-specializations which will not matter now.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, buy them in the exchange for energy credits.

Except now they will be scarce on the exchange and cost a ridiculous amount. Think about it.

As per the above post, agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Have a countdown timer :) Hopefully all goes well for the devs. If time needs to be altered so be it...just so excited S7 is almost here! :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    O well these times they are changing ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They increased the time with another hour? .. :/
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    doalxk wrote: »
    Okay, let me try to explain this one more time. In the starbase store, unless they have changed it since I last looked, you can buy Duty officers either as "random" which is any of the 7 "departments" which is 500/per, or a specific class for 750/per white. These are military/engineering/medical. A military doff can give you either any of the specializations within either the security or the tactical departments. They are two different "departments" so if the new system switches it over to being you need x tactical officers, you still can't just buy "tactical" officers from the Doff store on the starbase, but rather "military" officers with a random chance of being either "tactical" or "security" with all the random sub-specializations which will not matter now.
    When I last checked the fleet stores last night, there was no fleet military duty officer category. Everything was listed under tactical.

I bought random fleet tactical officers to fill the security and tactical requirements in the projects. If you want more security officers, you will just have to buy them from the exchange. Not a big deal.
  • Options
    thowasthowas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well...
    I can understand that there are some dissapointment with the new season comming out today.
    But hey!

You know what, this game is based on a sci-fi show that is about exploring and encountering
    new species and technology.
    The thing is, we do not live in that universe.
    We do not have everything for free.

This game is free.
    However, it's what you are willing to pay that will take your gameplay to the level you want it to be at.
    Buying things from the Z-Store keeps this game alive.
    If not, it will die and then we will not have any star trek online at all.

Other than this, i am excited about the new season!
    New challenges!
    New places to explore!
    New maps and gameplay!
    Will it be easy? I hope not!

Have a nice gaming!
  • Options
    stephenbovstephenbov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is now possible skip logout and go directly to character select!
    A button has been added to the game menu to go to character selection.

HALLELUJAH
  • Options
    lordseptimlordseptim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This patch is awful and I'm highly against it. I had 35 Data Chips, 8 Borg Salvages and 4 Rare Borg Prototype Salvages and now they're all being replaced by stupid boxes? The LAST thing STO needs is anymore of these stupid limited "only able to open with certain requirements" boxes! IN addition to that you remove almost everything I love about the game - linked tailor colour codes? Seriously? Now we get even less customization options? - It's harder to get dilithium now? Why? It was hard enough previously! - Duty officer reassignments now cost more dilithium? Why? It's already hard enough getting the right amount to suffice for just about anything - And the removal of the Borg Assimilated Module Universal Console?? I sold my Previous Engineering Console (To NPC since it was bound ofcourse) and replaced it with the Borg Assimilated Module.... How do you suppose I get my MK XI Very Rare Neutronium Alloy back now? If you're going to introduce a New Season perhaps try ADDING things, and not REMOVING them... and for the love of the Q's....NO MORE BOXES PLEASE! I already have 14 stacks of 20 Temporal Lock Boxes on Sale in the exchange!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Way to go ruining the game!
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They increased the time with another hour? .. :/

it been 4 hours since last night branflakes admitted that the the 6-9 time was wrong and he had to get pwe to change it to the 4 hour timeframe it is
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When I last checked the fleet stores last night, there was no fleet military duty officer category. Everything was listed under tactical.

I bought random fleet tactical officers to fill the security and tactical requirements in the projects. If you want more security officers, you will just have to buy them from the exchange. Not a big deal.

Ya, I wasn't questioning what you were saying, you just didn't seem to be understanding the other person's question, which was about what to do with getting like 10x more tactical officers than security officers, when they needed security. But checking on the wiki, looks like the officers aren't bound, and so given the increase in demand for white doffs, can be sold on the exchange for some extra money.
  • Options
    eithanbladeeithanblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    everyones asking for a cube!, but im sure thats to big, hopefully we will get a sphere or something! and can u please make more engineering ships lol ty love the game tho
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    lol the only words of comfort I can offer is the that through continued complaining and criticizing the size of that Dilithium Love Stick is now a little smaller than it was before, it will still require *some* lube though:o

Yeah, I took part in the 'feedback' for Tribble and am glad they at least removed the Dil costs for the reputation projects... Though it appears that those costs have simply moved elsewhere, which is a little saddening. I guess I'll have to get out the KY and 'brace for impact'. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is so very interesting to see that devs have been reading this forum but did he notice the complaints"No one knows" PWE just lacks certain skills in customer service. A company that cares for instance when a customer complains they say" We are sorry for the trouble you are having let's see what we can do to help" PWE says" You have reported a problem its a known bug. Too bad so sad we are not gonna fix right now because we are scheduled to launch a new box so that does not hold any importance to us right now" Sadly a company that runs that way will sooner or later go down which i hope someone buys out PWE so this game hopefully can be fixed and live on. Honestly at this point you cant expect help but you can expect to get told "Yep we screwed you too bad"...
    The point is a game will not go right ever unless you have good customer service...Fundamentally if you tell your players hey we are posting a poll to see what you want the most..PWE should have done something to that effect but nope...They twisted around what everyone wanted into a another @#$ way for them to make money...Which i might add is gonna be a cool ship that most people may or may not buy because the many issues and bugs that have been present for over a year now..but the new boxes were set and launched flawlessly because it was gonna make them money..The long and the short of the story is if it does not make them money it probably will not be fixed in a timely manner..Anyway im done ranting for now...Hopefully a DEV will see this and perhaps send me a message or say something to possibly reassure those of us that do not like these changes due to all the dilithium gouging going on....but sadly im not gonna hold my breath about the DEV contacting me because i prefer to live through the day..... This day saddens me greatly and i hope i am gonna be wrong but i just dont think so....:(
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordseptim wrote: »
    This patch is awful and I'm highly against it. I had 35 Data Chips, 8 Borg Salvages and 4 Rare Borg Prototype Salvages and now they're all being replaced by stupid boxes? The LAST thing STO needs is anymore of these stupid limited "only able to open with certain requirements" boxes! IN addition to that you remove almost everything I love about the game - linked tailor colour codes? Seriously? Now we get even less customization options? - It's harder to get dilithium now? Why? It was hard enough previously! - Duty officer reassignments now cost more dilithium? Why? It's already hard enough getting the right amount to suffice for just about anything - And the removal of the Borg Assimilated Module Universal Console?? I sold my Previous Engineering Console (To NPC since it was bound ofcourse) and replaced it with the Borg Assimilated Module.... How do you suppose I get my MK XI Very Rare Neutronium Alloy back now? If you're going to introduce a New Season perhaps try ADDING things, and not REMOVING them... and for the love of the Q's....NO MORE BOXES PLEASE! I already have 14 stacks of 20 Temporal Lock Boxes on Sale in the exchange!

They gave you fair warning on the conversion. In fact there is a huge thread here about the conversion rates, and the fact that most people were cashing out their STF loot for dilithium before it got crated.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    doalxk wrote: »
    ...what to do with getting like 10x more tactical officers than security officers, when they needed security. But checking on the wiki, looks like the officers aren't bound, and so given the increase in demand for white doffs, can be sold on the exchange for some extra money.
    You are incorrect. I did answer his question.
    They changed the specialization requirement to department specific; therefore, all the duty officers you are talking about will fall into the Tactical department. You will no longer, within most cases, see the requirement for security, assault squad, armory, etc... The new requirement will be random tactical officers. You can now use those unused tactical officers to fill projects.
    He will not have extra tactical officers. He can hold onto those unused tactical officers, so they can be used on another project.

Why sell something in which you can use later?

If he has more tactical officers than there are projects, the argument in which you are making would be valid.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Have a countdown timer :) Hopefully all goes well for the devs. If time needs to be altered so be it...just so excited S7 is almost here! :D

Lol I've been grinding STF's for the past several hours knowing if I don't get the pieces I need a set will be beyond me for 60 days due to the joke of time-gating on STF's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuF3T7s7XY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    darwin789darwin789 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, buy them in the exchange with energy credits.

LOL. OK, to do that I'll need a lot of ec. Before this reassign dilithium price increased I could change all of those white tacticals into greens and sell them or change into blues and sell them etc. and earn enough to buy needed securities. Now I won't be able to do that without spending a lot of dilithium so that's not an option anymore. Also, there will be a lot of people out there who won't need white tacticals and will try to sell them on exchange cause dilithium price increase will stop them from changing them into greens etc. That will lead to increased number of white tacticals on exchange and prices will go down. So basically I will not be able to sell tacticals to earn enough to buy securities.
    Don't get me wrong - I earn a lot of ecs by doing other things in this game and ecs are not an issue for me. I'm just trying to show you that fleet doffs packages are not enough to supply projects. We will still be in short of security, engineering and medical doffs.
  • Options
    deceptus1023deceptus1023 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordseptim wrote: »
    - And the removal of the Borg Assimilated Module Universal Console??

It hasn't been removed from the game, just the set. The Borg set is now a three piece set (shields, deflector, engines) and the console is a part of a different set now.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    So.. are the 29th Century uniforms going to be in the Lobi store?

And did the powers that be ever reveal whether or not the Vesta class has a dedicated bridge?

Sorry - had to ask though :o

The 29th Century Unis (Fed and KDF) won't be in this patch, but I've been told it should be very soon. There was actually a last minute fix that was needed after players tested it on Tribble.

The Vesta does not have it's own bridge.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lordseptimlordseptim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It hasn't been removed from the game, just the set. The Borg set is now a three piece set (shields, deflector, engines) and the console is a part of a different set now.

Well, That much is a relief!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Way to go ruining the game!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    I've added the following to the patch notes:
    Known Issue:

• Occasionally, provision projects are incorrectly available to slot on a new Embassy.
      • Any alteration or slotting of any project in the Embassy will make these projects disappear until they are correctly unlocked.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <snip>I bought random fleet tactical officers to fill the security and tactical requirements in the projects.

Yes, but I guarantee you received more Tactical Department DOffs than Security Department Doffs. The issue is that you get more Tactical Dept's than Security, more Science than Medical, more Ops than Engineering, because there are more specialties in Tac, Sci, and Ops than in Sec, Med or Engineering. The random generator 'randomizes' by specialty, not by department.

If anyone is interest, the conversion from higher-quality to common DOffs is explained in this post by Borticus, from the discussion in this thread.

Another issue raised by the patch notes, besides charging dilithium, they raised the duration for General Recruitment from 20 to 48 hours, but the cooldown remains the same. So, that means 4 days from start of one general recruitment until you're able to take another one.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *Grabs Popcorn and sits in a lawn chair. Offers the chair next to him for the other person that thinks all of this whining is funny to watch*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    darwin789 wrote: »
    LOL. OK, to do that I'll need a lot of ec. Before this reassign dilithium price increased I could change all of those white tacticals into greens and sell them or change into blues and sell them etc. and earn enough to buy needed securities. Now I won't be able to do that without spending a lot of dilithium so that's not an option anymore. Also, there will be a lot of people out there who won't need white tacticals and will try to sell them on exchange cause dilithium price increase will stop them from changing them into greens etc. That will lead to increased number of white tacticals on exchange and prices will go down. So basically I will not be able to sell tacticals to earn enough to buy securities.
    Don't get me wrong - I earn a lot of ecs by doing other things in this game and ecs are not an issue for me. I'm just trying to show you that fleet doffs packages are not enough to supply projects. We will still be in short of security, engineering and medical doffs.
    First, what you are saying is that you have more tactical officers than there are projects in which require them? Five tiers of projects that require tactical officers, and you somehow have a surplus that exceeds the system?

Second, you have a legit point about security duty officer availability; however, we cannot draw any conclusions without seeing if Cryptic upped the input's availability. According to a previous priority one interview, Cryptic did mention that certain input availabilities were increased. We currently do not have that specific information.
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When I was reading the Patch notes to know every detail not covered in Dev blogs about the new Season it was a continuous WOW, WOW, WOW, then... WTF?

As everybody had sadly clear, that was the moment I saw the Cutthroat on DOff prices.

As officially said, DOff System is basically a card game: you gonna collect them and use them, and start again.

This simply destroyed half of the game: the recruitment part.

OH, it's all OK, as PWE fanboi said it "just" got replaced by fleet store.
    I wonder why I have to spend my hard-earned Fleet Credits on DOFFS instead of, guess why, Fleet ships and such.

Academy Personnel Officer are there for vanity now, yet another broken feature leaved there in agony.
    And this is gonna repeat again and again with any game features, one at time, and start again.

There was NO need to bomb both half Doff System and Academy usefulness to oblivion making Recruitment a black market-priced "store".

Fleet Store could, SHOULD have been used to acquire new, ready Purple DOffs - that's why you Tier up.
    Academy Personnel Officer could, SHOULD remain the primary source of Common DOffs and related services like Exchanging.
    All in all, with a 125:1 rate, there was no threat to Fleet Stores.

This is totally unjustified and unrelated to DOff, Fleet or any other system ingame except for... Dilithium Exchange.

If this is not true, please liv explain us why they contextually reduced overall Dilithium earnings. It's fleet system too?

As they said, they want you to BUY their Zen, not to get them for Dilithium.
    Legit, as they DO have to make profit. However, like we say here "if you stress the rope to much it breaks"

If they want too much, they'll end up with nothing but a player-base escaping at warp speed.
    And this is yet another big step in this direction. I suggest PWE to make a U-turn, before the rope breaks.

It's easy to milk customers, but sooner or later they'll have enough and go away not to return, along with your income.
    Balancing, providing a good product with an accessible pricing and enough profit, THAT's the true economy.

Cryptic is surely making wonders in realising a good product, that betters with each update.
    But the business strategy needs to be rethinked, or it will sink the ship.

/OT.

I am excited for all the new shiny things in S7, and can't wait to play it. My congratulations to all Devs for their awesome work.

But THIS got in the way as an ugly surprise. I can't say how many of these I could stand.

DOffing is one of the things I'm most involved. Now I should almost say, it was.

You'll better listen to feedback at least after players tried it on Holodeck, and bring it back.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good updates: the new missions.
    Meh stuff: the duty officer grinder costs. It's not that important, if people knew anything about doffing, they wouldn't scream at all.
    Bad updates: -more dilithium sinks for scarcer dilithium. I see what you've done here, no need to develop.
    - the fleet actions rewarding dilithium are competitive pve and I don't like that.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the record they do have a customer service department! I read some one saying they did not but I have delt with them in the past!

They are a good team but I doubt Customer Service reads the forums they deal with accounts and payment options! They are customer service, not community management team. I use to work at a call center and we had forums but we where told never to go there!

Most of the time we where to busy offering billing support, technical support or account support to read the attention. Now don't get me wrong I wanted to work on the community management team and be like BranFlakes but so did everyone else at my old call center!

BranFlakes is the Community Manger and the main guy to help regulate the forums! Now he does have Moderators.

This is a forum not a tech support area or a complaint department area!

It is an area where we all can come together and talk about the game that is good or bad and based on how we feel!

I can also say it also depends on how you write your trouble ticket. I have gotten a lot of responses from them. Now by no means am I special or buddies with the forum guru's or the Dev's as a matter of fact, the other day I was warned for a possible infraction.

My point in all of this is simple, keep the forums for what it is and not what you want it to be!
This discussion has been closed.