What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New DOff Dilithium Costs

Comments

• Options
    yonazakiyonazaki Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dear Craptic, for once again demonstrating that there is no limit to how far you can ram the ridiculous PWE model up your players posteriors.

....................../??/)
    ....................,/?../
    .................../..../
    ............./??/'...'/???`??
    ........../'/.../..../......./??\
    ........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.??
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

That is all...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yonazaki wrote: »
    Dear Craptic, for once again demonstrating that there is no limit to how far you can ram the ridiculous PWE model up your players posteriors.

That is all...

This is gold! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the worst thing is cryptic will just bury their heads in the sand and ignore this thread hoping for it to die down.
    thats where they fail the most,communication,unless of course its a new fishtank blog that no one will have dilithium for in the future.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    The problem is, this solution is too logical. You're right, it makes perfect sense from a gamer's perspective, and I sincerely doubt the Devs have overlooked that.

Working in the industry I do, I know a lot of game developers. They're gamers too, and the tech guys and artists who actually implement and design these systems want nothing more than to make the best game possible. I cannot believe for a minute that this was a decision they made by choice.

This has the stink of PWE corporate all over it, and I suspect the Cryptic Devs' hands are well and truly tied. Someone in Sales has made the call to monetize the DOFF system, and short of some bottom line results proving to the bean counters that it's a bad idea, I can't see this going away.

As Stormshade so icily put it before the F2P Economy kicked in - "You know it's coming. You may as well prepare for it."

:(

I question how much PWE had to do with it directly. I'm not too sure they pull as many strings internally as people would have us believe (although it's possible that they get a heck of a lot of metrics from us).

That said, this thread has been made in the hope that this will be noticed by the sales droids or whoever decided this was a brilliant move. Or, at least, that's why I'm participating in it.

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of people in this thread pledging to leave if this actually goes through. Normally I'd say they're blowing off steam, but this time around, it seems different. It seems like they may be crossing a line here.
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I question how much PWE had to do with it directly. I'm not too sure they pull as many strings internally as people would have us believe (although it's possible that they get a heck of a lot of metrics from us).

That said, this thread has been made in the hope that this will be noticed by the sales droids or whoever decided this was a brilliant move. Or, at least, that's why I'm participating in it.

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of people in this thread pledging to leave if this actually goes through. Normally I'd say they're blowing off steam, but this time around, it seems different. It seems like they may be crossing a line here.

Also correct. It could just as easily be Cryptic's own sales guys. But regardless of where the edict came from, I doubt it was the Developers themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    queeg513queeg513 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only thing in season seven I'm now looking forward to is the "change character" menu option.

The STF is a total letdown, the other new playable "content" is just rushed and grind based, the slash in dil earned in STFs and now this!

Apart from no win scenario there's just nothing to do apart from grind and I've had enough. There's certainly no incentive to grind out the new sets and/or buy new ships/weapons. Maybe if PVP wasn't so broken there'd be a reason, but you can zerg all of the current content already, including The Hive, with what we've got easily... too easily!

In fact a few friends and I are going to try running some story missions on elite and deliberately *downgrade* our gear to Mk ? whites to try and squeeze something new out of the game. The star base can go to hell, We're approaching tier4 and might just make that in time but I seriously doubt we'll ever see tier5.

Hopefully there'll be a change of direction, remove this ridiculous over-monetization, produce less grind and instead give us some real content. But I think even when they see the game dying they'd choose to pull the plug rather than do that. I just feel sorry for the folks who got suckered into buying LTS by the recent promo.

Sad
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I could see another possibility...

Cryptic may have put this in as a big scare deliberately.

Once we spent our energy raging they reduce the cost (which will stay of course) to the bare minimum we would tolerate and say, "see, we listen to feedback."

This has happened before...
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is ridiculous! It's already hard enough to get the right doffs and enough
    dilithium for projects.. This is going to be the nail in the coffin for our little
    fleets' starbase :( It's a shame too, because I actually enjoyed building it.
    I keep on buying fleet doffs for my fleet credits, but I usually get like one security
    officer in a hundred. Without the reassignment missions it will take forever to
    complete just a single project.

I don't see why Cryptic has to slowly make everything in this game not fun.
    Do they expect people to throw money at them in frustration? :confused:

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    therealcrinostherealcrinos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seriously? If this isn't some sort of mistake I am well and truly done with this game.
    This is shameless, blatant, complete and utter money gouging bull....

Just list the Tier 5 Starbase on the Zen store for like 500000 zen and be done with it.

I am not grinding dilithium - to spend dilithium on DOFFs - to put them into the starbase - along with more dilithium - to upgrade the starbase - so I can buy things with dilithium.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seriously? If this isn't some sort of mistake I am well and truly done with this game.
    This is shameless, blatant, complete and utter money gouging bull....

Just list the Tier 5 Starbase on the Zen store for like 500000 zen and be done with it.

I am not grinding dilithium - to spend dilithium on DOFFs - to put them into the starbase - along with more dilithium - to upgrade the starbase - so I can buy things with dilithium.

That's right. Because upgrading with dilithium (and a ton of other things that cost time or dilithium) to buy things with dilithium is bad enough.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yonazaki wrote: »

That is all...

I completely agree with this post.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    've just re-done my math from last night, i was a littile off on some of my values, (i used the purple value for blus by accident and that multiplied my purple value as well). But the minimum dil value for the c-stoere doff packs is now 6K dilithium. This jumps to 31K if you get a purple. If you get above average results in more than 1 category. Well expect huge numbers. Still means that anything around a 100 dil per zen is likliy in faviour of the store due to other thinsg that come from tem.

I also just realised why they're doing this. Mini-packs are about 1 per 2 boxes from lockboxes. Even at the 4-6 mostly white doffs a time that means most people can get VASTLY more doffs from these than they can from c-store packs for their price. Add in what else the boxes give you and it's rather easy to stack up an effective cheaper solution.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This also makes the doffs you get from starbases a lot worse. Considering we are getting a felt 90% Space and Ground warfare doffs, which basically can't be sold since there isn't a f#cking category on the exchange yet (almost 3 1/2 months after their introduction) and with the recent changes it isn't worth grinding them upwards or dismissing them anymore.
  • Options
    whopurrrwhopurrr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lame......
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    Originally Posted by thisisoverlord
    This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.

Is this true ? No more dilithium reward from STF missions
    That's how I make my dilithium

If this is true I'm more upset about this than
    The doff doodoo.........change
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by thisisoverlord
    This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.

Is this true ? No more dilithium reward from STF missions
    That's how I make my dilithium

If this is true I'm more upset about this than
    The doff doodoo.........change

No one has confirmed it but on Tribble at the moment in the rewards tab there is no mention of Dili as a reward :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    AFAIK whats changes is that you can no longer turn any rewards from them in for dilithium. Currentlly a lot of people are running elites and turning tech in for 2K dilithium a time. That bassiclly means they ear over 3K per run whee they get said loot, a Dozen runs a week and most people are set on Dilithium for the week. Bassiclly they don;t want us to hit cap without spending all our time in game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    AFAIK whats changes is that you can no longer turn any rewards from them in for dilithium. Currentlly a lot of people are running elites and turning tech in for 2K dilithium a time. That bassiclly means they ear over 3K per run whee they get said loot, a Dozen runs a week and most people are set on Dilithium for the week. Bassiclly they don;t want us to hit cap without spending all our time in game.

Well they need to get a clue because people have families, jobs and cannot spend all our time in game.

As I said though Dili isn't even a reward listed for finishing an STF atm, and of course with conversion to marks we were always going to lose the turn in rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    WHAT...

Thats insane, even if you do the contraband mission and the mining, and the 2 dailies, (explore and officer reports), you get a max of about 5.5K Dilithum. There's pretty much no other reliable ways of getting large amounts of it. NO ONE is going to be hitting the 8K caop fed side with this. (Klinks yes as they get all those lovely nebullae missions).
  • Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm still a newb, but am trying to read and learn as much as I can.
    And I simply have to comment this move.

1. Why is it maybe a result of Cryptic's greed?

Doff packs in zen store are not selling. Why are those packs not selling? Because it's yet another lottery. I don't know what's inside, I don't want a cat in the bag, so dear Cryptic, shove off with the lottery system already. Does it have to be integral part in every single aspect of the game? Since when a MMO is not about skill but about luck? No wonder ppl are tossing more money into F2P eSports games instead of buying stuff here. Ppl know what they are buying in those games.

2. Why it perhaps is not connected to Cryptic's greed?

I don't have alts. Ppl who have alts use those alts for what? Grinding two things - free doffs and excessive dilithium amounts. And then ppl with alts are superior to those who don't have time or nerves to mess with alts. How can that be stopped? One way is putting a dilithium cost on doff grinding, right?

3. Is a better solution possible?

Yes it is. First, remove the lottery and when I'm sure I'll get a security officer and not a refugee for example in Zen store, I'll buy the pack.
    And second, introduce dilithium costs only on mailing/selling doffs, not on recruiting/exhange5for1.
  • Options
    schlgrmstrschlgrmstr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is one of the worst ideas PWE has developed so far. Do not do this, pretty pretty please!
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well they need to get a clue because people have families, jobs and cannot spend all our time in game.

They do not care about that, they care about you spending time in game so they can increase their Lock Box revenue. They are testing what happens when you place a loved IP against RL demands.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There has not been a dev out here defending or explaining the decision to do this, i have not seen one and considering the large amount of opposition to this it would be nice to know what has prompted it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    There has not been a dev out here defending or explaining the decision to do this, i have not seen one and considering the large amount of opposition to this it would be nice to know what has prompted it.

There was a Dev comment on the Borg Set Nerf, I doubt however there will be one in here, as the set Nerf can be explained by tying to balance the game. This cannot be explained that way, it's a cash grab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited October 2012
    Bad Cryptic, bad PWE, bad.

*beats them both about the snout with a rolled up newspaper drenched in pepper spray sauce*

Now redact these changes, and stop seeing how far you can take abusing the ability to manipulate people's dopamine levels before you get yourselves sued out of existence or drive your entire game into the ground.
  • Options
    reporhapsodyreporhapsody Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would also like to put in my displeasure and opposition for this change. The dilithium costs are much too high for something risky like trying to get certain duty officers of a good or great quality.

Please don't implement this change. The in-game economy is at stake here.
    Paid Subscriber Since August 2010
    Lifetime Subscriber Since June 2012
    The 2nd Fleet -- Second to None
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    A better solution (which has been suggested in this thread) is to put a dilithium cost on the fleet doffs. I really don't know why it hasn't been done already as everything else does.

My two EC

No, they don't need to do this. You and that other guy go on about how there is no cost (doff printer I think was your phrase?) associated with the fleet doff vendor - except there is - fleet marks.

Don't look to solve the problem on the backs of one portion of the players. Tired of seeing short-sighted people proposing "solutions" that don't negatively effect their own gameplay while totally TRIBBLE over someone elses.

The solution is to not raise the cost on the upgrinder x50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was feeling pretty excited about season 7 till I came into this thread and saw the changes that are currently active. Now I am wodnering if I am going to be seriously regretting buying the LTS and all the stuff from the z-store previously.
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What a horrible change, I was excited about S7 now I'm dreading it. It is likely going to be the final nail with these changes.

The doff recruitments are already severely time limited, only the largest fleets can use them to effectively supplement their Doff requirements.

All these stealth patch notes are making me feel like they know exactly how bad these changes are.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't see why Cryptic has to slowly make everything in this game not fun.
    Do they expect people to throw money at them in frustration

This sums it up nicely.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"