Install Arc
Options

New DOff Dilithium Costs

Comments

• Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    And? Thats the only one that matters in reality, the amjority of doffs you get from ANY mass source are whites.

I was just trying to clear up a possible misunderstanding.

I'm not a big upgrinder myself, but I have been using it fairly often. The new prices will just kill it for me.
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oooh no. WTF is this!?

Cryptic, have you truly lost your minds? Are you trying to kill DOFFs entirely?

Remember what happened to Crafting when you got greedy? Yeah, well... Bang up job, guys, because you're doing it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    samseabornsamseaborn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Echoing the sentiments herein. This upchange is a BAD call.
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed Norman...the more i hear about this patch t he more i worry about 7.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I honestly do not have the energy to continue re-butting these silly changes brought about by some poor decisions.

I suspect the changes made to the upgrades are related to the improper way Fleet DOFFs were implemented. The first issue we saw caused the stripping of the reward for dismissal and a temporary inability to use them in Fleet Projects. Now, we are still seeing the effects with people making massive up and downgrades rather cheaply.

If Cryptic would have taken the time and released the Fleet Doffs in a similar fashion as how Ferra and Stass work, we would not need all the additional changes. Developers could work on other pressing matters rather than plugging the holes of poor implementation.

Now, for the general recruitment. I think Revo is right and this is a push to get you to "buy" doff packs with zen or to buy more zen to convert to dilithium. So I have one question here. So Mr. Stahl, how does adding a pretty steep dilithium tax on this pretty necessary doff mission count as "increasing the amount of inputs" we can get for the fleet system? Also, how did this change sneak in? I don't remember reading about it.
  • Options
    phoenixtrillphoenixtrill Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What is the matter with you, Cryptic? 150,000 EC white doffs not expensive enough yet? Want them to be 500k each? How about greens, a million, million and a half?

I guess you don't want people participating in the doff system at all. Mandating participation through the fleet starbase system isn't going to make people use it, it's going to make people lose interest in everything.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I jus did a really scary bit of math. Assuming Doff packs awarded blue only, then the combination of 1 blue, 2 green is worth 30K Dil. Or to put it another way, as soon as dil to zen falls to 109 zen per dil or less your better off getting packs for your dil. With a purple in the place of the blue the price would have to exeed 290 Dl per zen.

In fact give the probability of a purple and the other stuff that comes from them the packs are better dil value at current 150-160 dil to zen prices than this would be for high level doffs.

That dosen't just make the upgrinders poor, it makes them pointless. They'd do better to remove them alltogether in that situation.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The economy in this game surely will take a massive dive :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.
    when did they say you wouldn't get Dil for doing STFs? I don't remember anything about that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmmm they create an actual economy in there game by creating consumables in the form of doffs.... and then they decide to put a massive tax on it ?

This will dry the economy in this game up in a matter of a few days.

The doffs have been the blood that have been keeping things flowing....

Does anyone remember how well the markets moved before doff star base crunching...

Nothing says dead mmo more then a market that doesn't flow.

Rethink this one if you have any brains in your heads.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Those prices are a Joke. Its bad enough they killed Dismissing Doffs for delithium.

No one is going to use the Doff grinder with those prices. And they exchange is going to be flooded with Doffs folks don't want to grind making the value of Doffs drop even lower. And with low doff prices on the exchange its going to make the grinder even less apealing.

Its a big cycle that will just cause the price of Doffs to crash.

And what does Cryptic expect folks will do with those Billion Doff Mini packs all over the exchange. No one is going to grind those folks at these prices. Sell and Grind your Doffs now because the market is going to Crash hard.
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited October 2012
    These changes are great for doff prices. Overall terrible for the game as a whole though. First you do something right, then you break it. PWE if you think that the change makes sense then you should show us the design calculations. Of course I know there aren't any design calculations as the proposed change doesn't make any sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    And what does Cryptic expect folks will do with those Billion Doff Mini packs all over the exchange. No one is going to grind those folks at these prices. Sell and Grind your Doffs now because the market is going to Crash hard.

Hmm. So one person thinks that the DOff prices will rise because of the General Recruitment price, and another thinks they'll fall because of the higher grinder costs. should be interesting.

I don't care about the economy, I'm just annoyed about the dilithium costs.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    husanakx wrote: »

Nothing says dead mmo more then a market that doesn't flow.

This is exactly how I feel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diafpwediafpwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    These nerfs say to me: I'll have a lot more time to play Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is beyond ridiculous...this is recockulous.

This is absurd and narrow-minded. Dilithium is already a brake on SB. Why are you forcing us to pay these absolutely absurd prices now?

I think THIS IMAGE shows my feelings.

"Working as Intended"? Try "Leaving as Expected".
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I think THIS IMAGE shows my feelings.

"Working as Intended"? Try "Leaving as Expected".

This was my reaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ...dafuq? Seriously?

The doff killing price changes were alright. But for recruitment, 10, or 50, or even 200 I might understand, but 2000 is just RIDICULOUS.

Come on, show us the wisdom that you've earned from EPTS/RSP/ES!! Don't let this make it to live!! :mad:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is perhaps the worst change I have ever seen Cryptic make. If they do this or add dilithium costs to buying STF gear I will seriously consider quitting this game.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    This is perhaps the worst change I have ever seen Cryptic make. If they do this or add dilithium costs to buying STF gear I will seriously consider quitting this game.

I just hope that they add dilithium rewards to fleet events or other pve missions if they do so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    Hmm. So one person thinks that the DOff prices will rise because of the General Recruitment price, and another thinks they'll fall because of the higher grinder costs. should be interesting.

It will have both effects.

Relatively useless DOFFs like white Bartenders/Chefs/Counselors/Entertainers will be on the Exchange for 1000ec or less. The green versions will be maybe 5000ec. And even at those prices, people won't buy them.

At the same time, purple Security/Explosive/Energy Weapon DOFFs will skyrocket to 10m+.

So basically, the crappy stuff will be worthless. The good stuff will be extremely expensive.

And as a bonus, Starbase progress will grind to a halt.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    emperormak wrote: »
    It will have both effects.

Relatively useless DOFFs like white Bartenders/Chefs/Counselors/Entertainers will be on the Exchange for 1000ec or less. The green versions will be maybe 5000ec. And even at those prices, people won't buy them.

At the same time, purple Security/Explosive/Energy Weapon DOFFs will skyrocket to 10m+.

So basically, the crappy stuff will be worthless. The good stuff will be extremely expensive.

And as a bonus, Starbase progress will grind to a halt.

That I can see. and all those suborn resolve purple ENG doffs will go for 30+ Million.

I hope they at least let us Fed players sell our worthless white doffs as Slaves and execute them for incompetence.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    Don't know what to say. Feels like Cryptic/PWE are trying to turn us into a Chinese sweatshop.

Not sure if you guys got the memo, but we are not in a communist country, and we will leave if you keep trying to convert us.......
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for putting it on Tribble devs. We can give you feedback, and I hope you act on it.

There's still hope people! It'll work out!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    Thanks for putting it on Tribble devs. We can give you feedback, and I hope you act on it.

There's still hope people! It'll work out!

I certainly hope so.

I was feeling pretty enthused for season 7 a day ago. This put a massive kick in it.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll throw my name into the ring on not liking the doff change. In fact I think its ridiculous. Doffing and the Foundry are all I really do in STO anymore, and the dilithium boost will bring it down to just one.

Now I understand why they want to do it, doffs have become worthless now with the Doff Vendor on fleet Starbases. It's literally a doff printer, with hordes of doffs pouring out at almost no cost. This has made the value of doffs plummet. A better solution (which has been suggested in this thread) is to put a dilithium cost on the fleet doffs. I really don't know why it hasn't been done already as everything else does.

My two EC
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I certainly hope so.

I was feeling pretty enthused for season 7 a day ago. This put a massive kick in it.

Totally! I'm really tired of the grind, too worn out to even have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    I'll throw my name into the ring on not liking the doff change. In fact I think its ridiculous. Doffing and the Foundry are all I really do in STO anymore, and the dilithium boost will bring it down to just one.

Now I understand why they want to do it, doffs have become worthless now with the Doff Vendor on fleet Starbases. It's literally a doff printer, with hordes of doffs pouring out at almost no cost. This has made the value of doffs plummet. A better solution (which has been suggested in this thread) is to put a dilithium cost on the fleet doffs. I really don't know why it hasn't been done already as everything else does.

My two EC

The problem is, this solution is too logical. You're right, it makes perfect sense from a gamer's perspective, and I sincerely doubt the Devs have overlooked that.

Working in the industry I do, I know a lot of game developers. They're gamers too, and the tech guys and artists who actually implement and design these systems want nothing more than to make the best game possible. I cannot believe for a minute that this was a decision they made by choice.

This has the stink of PWE corporate all over it, and I suspect the Cryptic Devs' hands are well and truly tied. Someone in Sales has made the call to monetize the DOFF system, and short of some bottom line results proving to the bean counters that it's a bad idea, I can't see this going away.

As Stormshade so icily put it before the F2P Economy kicked in - "You know it's coming. You may as well prepare for it."

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    I don't like the time grind on the doff system as it
    Is
    Pretty much don't like doff grind on the starbase
    At all as it is

So I'm really not going to like this

STO you need to do things your customers
    Like things they want, you do not know better
    Believe that. Ask john smedley at SOE , he took
    This approach with SWG and turned a great game
    Into a failure

Your on the same path he took
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse