What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New DOff Dilithium Costs

Comments

• Options
    dablackhawk1dablackhawk1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i fully agree with alot of the people the cost is way to high for such a low reward item it self if it ever goes over to halodeck i will not do that ill just get fleet marks and buy them from there and ill get one of the many choices i can get
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow, the markets are reacting already. Dil exchange closed up 2points yesterday from hoarding this announcement made.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know, here's a crazy thought on a better monetization schema:

Make the projects (including DOff recruitment) all take 7 days. Offer "project speed boosts" for dilithium and/or ZEN.
  • Options
    somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    The devs haven't responded to this because this incredibly crazy price hike is how its going to be, no matter how pissed we all are.

Bran and Bort commented in the other thread regarding the outrage around the (falsely) assummed removal of dilithium from STF runs to clear up that issue. But they responded because they could respond in a "calm yourselves, children - you'll still get dilithium" manner.

All they can say to the changes to the DOFF grinder is "working as intended - suck it, fools!"

Oh, and they are adding dilithium costs to the reputation system and the embassy projects, too. So now, along with fleet projects and fleet gear, they are adding 2 more new dilithium sinks AND rasing the dilithium costs on doff grinding while still keeping everyone capped at 8k refining daily, and I can't stand to even grind the 8k as it is. Too damn repetitive.

Is the goal to make people just stop logging in? Seems like that is what they are working towards in my opinion.
    See the dilithium costs to rep and embassy projects, I dont mind. Its a sink like fleet projects.

For yourself you have your rep and everyone in your fleet contributes to the Embassy. Fine.

But Holy TRIBBLE the Doff grinder costs increase + 1k for general recruitment?

People who already have a pretty good doff set(mostly blues/purples with some greens or better) arent all that affected. They already have theirs.

No what this really does is shaft new characters. "Oh you want to fill out your doff roster and get better doffs? Dilithium please. Oh you dont have enough because you cant grind it out yet? TOO BAD NO DOFFS FOR YOU."

Fleet progression might slow down too by a bit. Common doffs are still needed and those prices are going to shoot through the roof.

Refugees too. A no dilith cost to get a free doff? Gonna be paying out the nose in EC for those.

I mean I've already filled out my 3 free char slots. I was thinking about buy more char slots because I want a Tac on the Fed side. Now? Now I dont think Im going to do so.

Cryptic/PW needs to get it through their heads. You can only go so far as to add grind. We're not sterotypical Chinese Gold farming players. We dont have that time to devote to grind that much dilith.

Not to mention YOU ALREADY LIMIT HOW MUCH DILITH WE GET.

We get the raw form of it. We can be swimming in it. But its useless if its not refined and thats limited to 8k(9k for Vets) a day.

You have already bottlenecked the production of Dilithuim. There's no need to further drive down the supply of dilith.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know, here's a crazy thought on a better monetization schema:

Make the projects (including DOff recruitment) all take 7 days. Offer "project speed boosts" for dilithium and/or ZEN.

Some type of booster that made projects go 75% faster would be a great idea to sell. Just make them cost 100 EC and I'm sure they would sell plenty of them.
  • Options
    ozewaozewa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cryptic... have you lost your mind?
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yeah I think this is stupidity at its finest...

the thing is that the recruitment is pretty much useless thing on its own.

The junior cadre gives 5 doffs, usually 4 whites 1 green, and 1 blue every 10th pack. On a sunny day once every 4 weeks it may give a useless purple, and I run all academy recruitment across 18 toons for few months. I may have gotten pretty shield distro out of it once, but don't remember for sure.

The fact that same basic recruitment package cost 200 or so zen still puzzles me.

However, after you open let's say 10 packs you'll end with 3 security, 3 engineers and 3 medicals. The rest gonna be useless sci and tacs that are 10k on exchange. The only use for those whites is to grind them to greens at 10dil a piece which seemed okay. You'll still get useless green 99% of the time, but you may get lucky.

When white doff dismiss gave you 75dil that was more or less useful, you can just dismiss them. Now dismissing white doff gives you 1 dil and that's it.

Only possible consumer for white doffs is the starbase projects, but by now ppl reached T3 and stopped bothering.

At least I will. Cause I just can't be bothered to sort out 1000 usless whites lying in my mail box, and I sure don't want any new ones.

Which brings the question: what's the point in that recruitment anyway, and why bother adding a dil cost to it?

Lame attempt to increase the sales of basic zen store doff packs? Are there enuff people buying them?

Or may be time to ask a bigger question: what's the current montly loss of playerbase? 10% 20%? What's it gonna be when S7 hits holodeck?
  • Options
    jackalope#2332 jackalope Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    IF YOU CHARGE 6000 DILITHIUM FOR THE ABILITY TO CHANGE FIVE RARE DOFFS WHICH i ALREADY OWN TO ONE VERY-RARE THEN I WANT THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE ITS TRAITS AND DEPARTMENT. IF YOU KEEP THE DILITHIUM PRICE THAT HIGH THEN YOU NEED TO MAKE IT THAT YOU ONLY NEED 1 RARE DOFF.

YOU ARE PURPOSELY TRIBBLE UP YOUR GAME... THIS DILITHIUM HIKE DOES NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO IMPROVE THE GAME OR THE QUALITY OF PLAY.

GO THROUGH WITH THIS AND I WILL MAKE IT MY PERSONAL MISSION TO PULL AWAY AS MANY PLAYERS AS I CAN TO ANOTHER GAME TO TRY AND HURT YOUR INCOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
  • Options
    djnooobdjnooob Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll pretty much echo what has already been said.

The prices are f'ing insane
    There was nothing wrong with how it was
    This is nothing more than a cash grab
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    oh man the doff system was basically my only motivation to log in once a day or every two days, when they put such a steep dilithium burden on that I don't care anymore.. :(
  • Options
    docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    graysock wrote: »
    oh man the doff system was basically my only motivation to log in once a day or every two days, when they put such a steep dilithium burden on that I don't care anymore.. :(
    This is parallel to the Crafting system. Crafting used to be fun, enjoyable and was my motivation to grind samples. But after they added dilithium to craft stuff it made grinding Samples a mute point. So now I have thousands of samples sitting in my other toons' inventory bank doing nothing.
    You can't sell them because they're so cheap on the exchange. I will say that if there wasn't a dilithium cap I probably would craft away.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is parallel to the Crafting system. Crafting used to be fun, enjoyable and was my motivation to grind samples. But after they added dilithium to craft stuff it made grinding Samples a mute point. So now I have thousands of samples sitting in my other toons' inventory bank doing nothing.
    You can't sell them because they're so cheap on the exchange. I will say that if there wasn't a dilithium cap I probably would craft away.

Exactly. I loved crafting before the dilithium cost was added. I've crafted maybe a dozen things since then. Crafting isn't fun anymore, and doing it directly hurts my ability to do other things.

Doffing is another form of crafting and, predictably, I love it. Now I will not be doing it any more. The developers want constructive feedback? There is no constructive feedback for this. It is a flat-out terrible idea. It is a hurtful, hateful thing to do to the players. The change to crafting was, too.

I know the devs have internal data showing participation in the crafting system before and after it was monetized. I suggest they take a good, hard look at those numbers.
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to see dev comment on that issue. The changes they plan to introduce with season 7 will make this game unplayable or "free to pay" nothing more. I just saw the reputation system and I must say I want Roxy's little shop back. I do not want to grind my life away to get access to something I had access to for more than 8 months now. This is ... nuts!!!

... Well what I want to say I cant really say but are you guys at Cryptic sane? U want people to run away from this game or what? I strongly recommend a reality check for what You guys are doing. You were meant to improve the game not brainlessly change this game into "free to pay" excuse of a game.

I am relatively new player but since I started playing with "free to play" launch its getting harder and harder to play this game, and the worst part of it is:

YOU GUYS DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE WHO KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE - PLAYERS
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If this goes live, there's going to be a huge backlash. 99.9% of the people I see talking about it in-game are disgusted when told of these changes.

Cryptic, don't let this become your "Combat Upgrade / NGE" moment!

People left Star Wars Galaxies in droves after the "brains" at SOE implemented the CU and then the NGE back in 2005 (I was one of them).

If this is a feeble attempt to squeeze more revenue out of an already squeezed fan base, I think it's ill advised.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Jesus christ! I can see this game dying if this keeps getting worse:(
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    padr1nhopadr1nho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can't believe Cryptic/Perfect World are thinking of implenting this. It will be a sad day for all STO players if this comes to Holodeck. Don't add Dilithium cost to the Doff system!
  • Options
    jackalope#2332 jackalope Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    MONEY GRUBBING TRIBBLE!

The worst part is, this effects people who paid for lifetime and are paying monthly just as much.

None of you deserve your jobs if this goes live. If it does I hope the game dies and you are all jobless and homeless in six months!

Pathetic PWE Buttmonkeys! That is all you are Cryptic!!!
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They really think we're so addicted that we're going to sit here and pay real life cash for dilithium after dilithium to grind 5k dil DOFFs. I'm going to laugh when that plan falls flat on it's face. All I'll say to everyone here is that once you quit, do not ever come back no matter how much they may beg you post rollback to old dil fees. I don't plan to. I will not reward this kind of developer behavior and the more I read up on season 7 the more I understand that they don't understand their own playerbase or what keeps them playing, and it's going to mean the end of this game when all they have left are 100% freebie players who never drop a dime on this game because we all here wised up to the bull****.

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DILITHIUM IS MORE THAN FAIR FOR A SIMPLE 5 blue to 1 purple EXCHANGE OF DOFFS. STOP TRYING TO MONETIZE EVERYTHING. YOU ARE MAKING MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY OFF OF EVERYTHING ELSE. There's an old saying, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Some people up in Cryptic land are about to have a really bad day in the coming months because they have been biting the hell out of some hands lately. They're gonna read that magical status report with the paying player losses and someone's gonna fall off their chair at high warp.

DO what you can to keep people playing, not the opposite. Ugh. What's sad is if they try to compromise with 1k for rare trade ins most people will probably accept it. When they shouldn't. Whatev. Going back to watching Enterprise. They can have this noise if they want it so badly. Why worry about developing content for the players when you can spend all of your time figuring ways to monetize everything possible like it's some facebook game or something.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    do they expect sto to fail so we all go for the secret project they are working on according to cryptics website ? , could this be one of their plans ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm probably done with this game if these dilithium doff costs get pushed through in season 7. Not going to grind until my eyes bleed. Thanks.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I know the devs have internal data showing participation in the crafting system before and after it was monetized. I suggest they take a good, hard look at those numbers.

I'm pretty sure they know monetizing the Doff system will decrease participation, its why they are only monetizing some parts of it instead of all of it, like they did with crafting.

*sigh* The monetization model they are using is bad. Monetizing all the best aspects of the game will lead to its abandonment, F2P can work when it lives off microtransactions. Why isn't Cryptic making something for us to buy instead of charging us for things we already had?

They say making costumes is not profitable enough... am I the only one thinking "so what?!". Companies make a range of products, some have larger margins than others, and they keep customers happy.

They say making content is not profitable, and again I think "so what?".. figure out how to make it work. If the best they can do is shrug and try to resell us stuff we already had... then Cryptic and STO really deserve to go down and be forgotten except as bad examples of management.

Its just hard to believe how little VALUE has been added to the game since F2P. I get that Cryptic is really just PWE's petry dish for figuring to how to break into western markets, but surely SOME of their experiments and metrics gathering has to produce good results!
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know, I'd gladly give up dilithium exchange, in order to get rid of these moronic dilithium sinks that are ruining the game.

As a fleet leader, this is insanity, and I think someone is telling me STFs dont give dilithium anymore, and fleet marks aren't even part of the foundry dailies.

This is a good way to get players to quit, as half my fleet and I are now considering.

Good job Cryptic, good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    partizan81 wrote: »
    Some developer-level commentary on this subject in the thread would go a long way towards conveying some good will to the masses.

Why? It would just be a snow job anyway and a lot of smoke being blown up our proverbial skirts
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I want an explanation, please.

This price hike makes no sense and is going to do immense damage to DOff trade, not to mention the massive negative impact it will have on starbase production, or anything else that needs DOff input for that matter.

I very much want to know the logic behind this move, and urge you to rethink it.
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Exactly. I loved crafting before the dilithium cost was added. I've crafted maybe a dozen things since then. Crafting isn't fun anymore, and doing it directly hurts my ability to do other things.

Doffing is another form of crafting and, predictably, I love it. Now I will not be doing it any more. The developers want constructive feedback? There is no constructive feedback for this. It is a flat-out terrible idea. It is a hurtful, hateful thing to do to the players. The change to crafting was, too.

You could convert them via the doff system to dilithium. But I get what you say. Anyway the prices are far to high, you all ready need a buttload of time to grind them via the current system, dual grinding is awful.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mewi wrote: »

As a fleet leader, this is insanity, and I think someone is telling me STFs dont give dilithium anymore, and fleet marks aren't even part of the foundry dailies.

STFs are going to give dilithium; according to the devs, their not giving dilithium is a bug on Tribble.
  • Options
    tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    its just disturbing, full steam ahead with the "eastern" mmo switch over................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    I agree with 90% of the posters I'n this thread

This is a bad idea

With the cost we already have I hardly use
    The doff system

Now you want to charge me to use something
    That is 0 fun to use ?

Good luck
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Now that I have completed the First solo Tier 3 Starbase - I can focas all my efforts and resources on my main passion: doffing and providing doffs to the exchnage

With these new changes I will own the exchange of doffs pretty soon!!!

(Laughs is a twisted - Doctor Evil way)
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    NI HAO!!!!

此更改是愚蠢和不必要。您正在貪婪。

...to put it mildly.