Install Arc
Options

New DOff Dilithium Costs

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Easy to say if you are in a large fleet and people contribute a little at a time than a person that pays the bills by himself.

Even if Borticus reduced the DOFF Cost by 50% for Starbase Projects, these DOFF Dilithum charges HURT. Players no longer can shuffle DOFFs (between common and uncommon) to get the right DOFFS they need for the Starbases.

Cryptic better get on the ball, or else Fleets will stop working on their Starbases.
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really 5k for 1 Bleeding doff? Really? Who's the Genius that thought this was A good idea.

As an indirect way of seeing it, Cryptic really does HATE small fleets.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    czarnicholas2kczarnicholas2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just going to put my vote out there (THIS IS A STUPID MOVE). DOFFing is one of the few things I still log on for. This will change that. I am not sure I can justify spending any more $ on this game. There are already enough grinds.

@PWE/CRYPTIC: RETHINK YOUR STRATEGY!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if a large fleet like the one I am part
    Of will be any better off than a small fleet

The new player doff and dilithium and resource
    Grind times to level there character will effectively
    Stop our base from getting to tier 5 for a long time

I believe this is working as intended as well

Not one member of our fleet likes it either
    I believe this will Hurt fan loyalty to a large degree
    When it goes live and the silent majority. Wakes up
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's now become a running joke and a bit of a disgrace, nothing explained about this at all by the Devs.

embarrassingly poor customer relations.:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @Jellico1: Since we started arguing gthey announced the complete removal of all non-white doff requierments from SB's. You'll now need a larger number of whites instead.

That said i've picked up on one other thing this is going to do. SEVERLY nerf the quality of lockbox loot. The lockbox packs are nearly all whites, so the upgrinder was perfect for shifting those, but now, those boxes are only going to be worth it to flets struggling to meet doff totals.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    @Jellico1: Since we started arguing gthey announced the complete removal of all non-white doff requierments from SB's. You'll now need a larger number of whites instead.

That said i've picked up on one other thing this is going to do. SEVERLY nerf the quality of lockbox loot. The lockbox packs are nearly all whites, so the upgrinder was perfect for shifting those, but now, those boxes are only going to be worth it to flets struggling to meet doff totals.

And just where is this announcement? I can't find it.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    And just where is this announcement? I can't find it.
    Its right here, under 'System'... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=432681
    Systems:
    • Updated requirements for Fleet Starbase projects.
      • Replaced all Gamma Quadrant commodities, turrets and weapon platform requirements with standard commodity requirements.
      • Replaced rare food/drink items from Bartender and Chef unlock projects with standard Food/Drink inputs.
      • Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
        • If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased .
        • If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.
        • All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
          • These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.
      • For all of the above changes:
        • Projects already in progress, with the Duration Timer counting down, will be unaffected by the above changes.
        • If you have already input items into any of the affected requirement fields, you will not lose your ongoing progress or any Fleet Credit you earned by doing so.
        • If a requirement field was previously filled and now requires a higher number of inputs, it will no longer be filled unless the project has already begun its duration timer.
        • If a requirement field was previously partially-filled and now requires fewer inputs, causing it to fill, this will require the Project's duration timer to begin if it was the last remaining incomplete requirement.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Logically then what is the need for the stupid 5000 dilithium on blue to purple upgrind.

There isn't one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes THEY HAVE GONE TO FRIGGIN FAR WITH THIS TRIBBLE. {pw moron oh look how popular this game is lets set out to sucker these people out of as much cash as we can trick into spending and well call it free and fair} the rates go up and the amounts can earn go down. guess what you jearks incresse profit by 20% and decresse those playing by 50% equals a 10% loss in revinue. You seem to think those who play STO stupid WE ARE NOT.
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously do not feel that there is any justification for hiking up the dilith costs on Reassigning Underperforming Officers and General Recruitment. The rate hikes aren't just marginal increases, they're quantum leaps!

I only recently started to enjoy the DOFF part of the game and find it to be very different and yet perfectly complimentary to the rest of the game. The idea of having crew members other than BOFFS impact game play is brilliant. But now that it has become an integral part of the overall game it borders on ...well i cant say it without risking being banned from the forums. 'Bait and switch' comes to mind as a less aggressive way of explaining how I view this change.

Please, please don't do this. You will be taking away an important part of what now makes this game fun. There is no way I can afford the dil sinks you have added to this game despite your insistence that the increased grind only amounts to a couple of hours a week for casual gamers. I upgrade doffs every chance i get, but that will be nearly impossible once this dil tax is forced on us.

As has been more eloquently stated by others before me, we will need dil for sooooo many other grinds and yet we can only refine 8,000 per day. I don't mind paying for my enjoyment with real money, but to do so for dil, under these circumstances, makes me feel like I'm being taking advantage of. And leaving that kind of bad taste in the mouth might just be enough for me to explore options. Im not making the threat that others have that I will leave the game. Im a lifer and i love sto but i will certainly have diminished enjoyment and with that usually comes diminished involvement. I really can't stress how strongly I feel that this is a bad business decision. Please reconsider. Thank you for reading my thoughts on this matter.
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If this Season 7 dilithium hike means STO is going to be a full time job for me then I'm uninstalling. I don't have time for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hramonehramone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    doff grinder costs are just stupid. please undo this cryptic.
  • Options
    starstalker007starstalker007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like free-to-play is not panning out.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How did I miss this thread? .... On topic, one of the many ways we are being bled in game should this make it to holodeck ... which it will.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One of the common rewards for the daily spotlight foundry is standard doff pack. Not the same as free daily recruitment, but it's there if you're interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    One of the common rewards for the daily spotlight foundry is standard doff pack. Not the same as free daily recruitment, but it's there if you're interested.

I would rather cut my arm off than play 3 badly written fan fic foundry missions that take 30min apiece by someone who wanted the original nerfed so I'd be forced to "play" his wretched quest. No thanks.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I would rather pay for a DOFF pack.

I think thats the point...

Make it so inconvenient for players you basicalyl force them to buy packs for zen instead.
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    Yes, actually, for most of us it is. I have other things to spend my dilithium on. 1k every 2-3 days is enough to get me to stop using the General Recruitment.

Yup.

This is nothing but small fleet poison. As is stands small fleets need EVERY scrap of Dilithium and every DOff they can get their hands on. And these added costs are IN ADDITION to several new toilets being added that Cryptic wants you to flush your Dilithium down. For small fleets this completely and totally ****s them.

As a member of a small fleet this basically ends any interest in Fleet Activities for me, and also ends all interest in DOffing. Of course, those were the only things still keeping me engaged...

So, it looks like this coming Season will kill my interest in what few parts of the game where some still remained. Beyond that it will simply introduce yet more grind disguised as "content". With content now apparently being relegated to Seasons instead of between seasons micro-patches as was INTENDED, I guess that also means it will be months until there is even a (slim) chance of something being introduced that I might actually want to play.

So tell me Oh Wise Cryptic Employees... why the **** am I supposed to want to pay you?
    walshicus wrote: »
    This just tells me you haven't played many f2p games. STO offers EVERY piece of content without putting it behind a pay wall. Maybe these changes bring item acquisition and end-game gearing to a point where they take longer. Certainly most subscription MMOs take longer to gear up!

Except that spending Dilithium which is bought or ground out for gear is now our primary form of content. Thus while the nuts and bolts of playing isn't behind a pay wall, the "playing" we're seeing is just grind, and the "reward" for the end of that grind (you know, the only actual reason ANYONE EVER even considers grinding)? Locked behind Dilithium... which exchanges with a real money currency... meaning it's ALL behind a giant pay wall, and those walls exist in near every aspect of the game, they're omnipresent. Thanks to Dilithium this game is basically one big pay wall... you grind and/or pay in order to pay some more and keep paying, because that's the nature of the game.

It would be PREFERABLE to sell REAL content at this point. If nothing else at least then we'd GET real, substantial, FUN content because THAT would be the source of PWE's income instead of DTaxes and gambling addicts...
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    I would rather cut my arm off than play 3 badly written fan fic foundry missions that take 30min apiece by someone who wanted the original nerfed so I'd be forced to "play" his wretched quest. No thanks.

Is there something wrong with you? He said SPOTLIGHT. Play ONE spotlighted Foundry mission for either blue/purple Mk X, Mk XI, or Mk XII gear, or a standard doff pack. And as a relatively recent addition to the Foundry authoring community, I find that entire post to be offensive to said community.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with you? He said SPOTLIGHT. Play ONE spotlighted Foundry mission for either blue/purple Mk X, Mk XI, or Mk XII gear, or a standard doff pack. And as a relatively recent addition to the Foundry authoring community, I find that entire post to be offensive to said community.
    I agree with this assessment.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »

Yeah? Well I'm offended by being told "You must play this game exactly as you are told."

And you "sensitive artist" types should really stay out of the forums if you can't handle harsh criticism.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Yeah? Well I'm offended by being told "You must play this game exactly as you are told."

And you "sensitive artist" types should really stay out of the forums if you can't handle harsh criticism.
    that wasn't criticism....

and... if you don't want to play foundry missions then you don't have to. But don't expect to get a reward for it...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »

Who ever told you that?

And I don't exactly consider myself a sensitive artist. Like markhawkman said, that wasn't criticism. That was an insult directed towards every single Foundry mission in existence, regardless of whether they deserved it.
    that wasn't criticism....

and... if you don't want to play foundry missions then you don't have to. But don't expect to get a reward for it...

I fully agree with this post.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    lilmilksuckerlilmilksucker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The amount of Dilithium spent to upgrade doffs is way to high, maybe a thousand to get a purple, but 5000 or 6000 to get a purple doff is outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    what was the point of going free to play if season 7 dilithium earning cuts the massive increses of dilithium needed and the removing of drops drives away the casual players. and before you answer with your "we put dill back in stf rewards answer" I have a fairly high IQ and see thats a pitence compared to what was removed and what is now required. I think most here are not fooled one bit. At least the lack of People in game would strongly indicate this is the case. since you seem driven by the bottom line i would think suckering 50% fewer players out of 25% more cash is cutting your own throat??? Season 7 is sure a big hit isnt it ????
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Um, really? there are lots of ways to get purple doffs in this game, there's even a list on the Wiki....

you don't need to use the compactor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captainepicaptainepi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is an incredibly short-sighted change. It is going to backfire something terrible.

Here's a very simple fact: People need to play the game in order to be enticed into spending money for the 'extras'. These fees to upgrade to simple greens are absolutely outrageous. As has already been stated -- squeezing 25% more money out of a 50% reduced player base is a net loss.

I may play a little bit here and there, but not nearly as much as before. The daily doff grind/upgrade was something that brought me into the game nearly every day. Now, meh...

I will log in periodically to see if the dil costs have dropped on these greens and such, but won't spend nearly the time as before. Good job, devs -- you've just killed your game out of greed.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    i cryed agian today all the fun gone replaced buy nothing but grind sign on and decide wich grind to do dilith grind omaga grind new romulan grind. used to be fun to do the stf what drop will i get? somthing for fleet bank? item me or a friend could realy use?? somthing to sell and get ec or dilith for? or the joy and pride of the tech drop and rushing to turn in and get the shiney new pice to complet my set??? now its just grind and wait days to see what i can spend my dwindleing suply of dilith on!!!!! in the words of Adam Sandler " whooopie f-ing dooo "