test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Sub Sale + New Benefit

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To be fair, the end of vet rewards wasn't a surprise. Dan hinted in the September Ask Cryptic that future vet rewards beyond 1,000 days were not on the radar anymore.

Yeah, the end wasn't a surprise at all, but it's really the whole thing about just trashing the loyalty of customers for a quick buck that is irking many people.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • aleciabethaleciabeth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hm I'm a little skeptical.
    "Instant access to all the Veteran Rewards!"

Somehow I have the feeling that it is not so good for STO.
    A few in my clan think, Cryptic, stand the water up to his neck. In addition, there is more speculation, Cryptic made a little money with this offer, and a little later the server for STO are shut down.

I can understand the worry.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Yeah, the end wasn't a surprise at all, but it's really the whole thing about just trashing the loyalty of customers for a quick buck that is irking many people.

This ^

Stopping the creation of LOYAL player rewards is one thing, unfortunate, but acceptable....giving out 1000 days of rewards to 1 day LTS owners is something else.

I love how no one from Cryptic is online too...I'm actually laughing hard and waiting to see the rage the next time they post they are going to an event/convention haha...I almost wish I could go and see it in person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »
    This ^

Stopping the creation of LOYAL player rewards is one thing, unfortunate, but acceptable....giving out 1000 days of rewards to 1 day LTS owners is something else.

I love how no one from Cryptic is online too...I'm actually laughing hard and waiting to see the rage the next time they post they are going to an event/convention haha...I almost wish I could go and see it in person.

Why? nothing is going to happen it will pass like everything else has, everyone is just acting like spoiled children.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Why? nothing is going to happen it will pass like everything else has, everyone is just acting like spoiled children.

Yeah I doubt that highly.

Playing 3 years vs buying a LTS and then becoming equal is a little disturbing in a Star Trek game.

It's the morals (or lack there of) on Cryptic's end and the whole principle of this choice all the rage is about; not a "ZOMG EVERYONE HAS MY SHINY NOW!!!!!" that you are painting.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People like you are why STO is nothing more than a below average MMO.

Could I afford LTS? You bet. Did I want to waste that money? No.

LTS = never having to PAY again to get the game, that is the reason for LTS. Not a "Haha those who have been here sinse start, I just joined and I have 1000 day status already!" OR well, posts like yours. :) :rolleyes:

This was just a lazy and low gimmick to just get fast cash because STO is not doing as well for obvious reasons.

I'm not at 1000 days, but I'm within a couple months regardless. Don't tell me that I have not been in STO for the long haul. I have been here since mid-2010, and been LTS for almost as long.

This is one of the single most logical decisions I have ever seen. You can disagree with it all you want, you are still wrong. I bought LTS. That means I am paying for all the time that remains from now until this game gets shut down. I have already paid. No matter what, I will get those vet rewards. Why would I not get them immediately? Why make me wait when I have paid for the time that those vet rewards cover? It makes no sense to do otherwise, this is a good change.

Your personal inability to accept that is both irrelevant and hilarious.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People like you are why STO is nothing more than a below average MMO.

Agreed. See the next quote.
    solomace wrote: »
    Oh boy.

I don't think I have laughed as loud as I have after reading all these posts.

I find it highly amusing that many old school lifers on here, have given me grief over the years when I have given Cryptic and PW stick and have defending them to the hilt, however, once something happens that they are not happy about, they bleat and moan just like I do.

Oh the irony...

To be honest, anyone past or future with a LTS, I think your all mad anyway:P

Gotta be the best thread I have read in years. Oh the tears...

Like xenor002 says, people like you are why STO is nothing more than a below average MMO.
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Including yourself. Going to a video game message board to insult people is totally adult behavior...
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed. See the next quote.

Like xenor002 says, people like you are why STO is nothing more than a below average MMO.

Including yourself. Going to a video game message board to insult people is totally adult behavior...

Lol. Yea, cause I made STO a below average MMO. How do you figure this? Did I make it the way it is? Did I create lock boxes? Blatantly lie about stuff (ask Dan)? Grab as much cash as possible when the game went F2P and even before tbh? Charge more for a ship then the game? Please, elaborate as to why people like me make this a below average mmo? Giving away veteran rewards to anyone who has a big enough wallet (or sad enough to pay ?150 for a ship)?

I bought this game at launch, I bought into the trailer that showed a captain sitting in his chair, destroying ships and thought, hell yea. Man was I suckered. 45 day patch, hah.

This game is nothing but a poor mans SFC and not even as good as that.

Forgive me if I find this whole thread extremely amusing on both sides...:)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012

This game is nothing but a poor mans SFC and not even as good as that.

LOL !!
    NOT even close, the majority of the players don't want that kinda complexity. THAT is why it fails.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    LOL !!
    NOT even close, the majority of the players don't want that kinda complexity. THAT is why it fails.

Complexity?

Wow.

I've heard it all now.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    I'm just here to test my forum title see if it shows Starfleet Veteran

Dammit y u not work
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
    edited October 2012
    I'm not at 1000 days, but I'm within a couple months regardless. Don't tell me that I have not been in STO for the long haul. I have been here since mid-2010, and been LTS for almost as long.

This is one of the single most logical decisions I have ever seen. You can disagree with it all you want, you are still wrong. I bought LTS. That means I am paying for all the time that remains from now until this game gets shut down. I have already paid. No matter what, I will get those vet rewards. Why would I not get them immediately? Why make me wait when I have paid for the time that those vet rewards cover? It makes no sense to do otherwise, this is a good change.

B/c LTS is for no longer worrying about paying for a sub, not "Gimmie this all now!" badge. :rolleyes:

Dec '07 Account
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2012

if you're going to throw insults out for the sake of throwing insults out, do it somewhere else.

1000 days is 1000 days. they don't call it a 1000 day veteran reward for nothing
    This is one of the single most logical decisions I have ever seen. You can disagree with it all you want, you are still wrong.

excuse me? the only one wrong with that statement is you. there is nothing logical about it. common sense says that that a reward designed for people that are doing something for a certain number of days and then handing it out to everyone who gets a specific account, is NOT logical. for example, its a 1000 day veteran reward, not a 'I just got here yesterday, paid $250 and now i'm a 1000 day veteran' reward

giving someone a time based veteran reward when they haven't actually been here for the required amount of time defeats the purpose of having such a system in the first place. it also insults people paying monthly, that are paying more than LT people are in the long term
    Why make me wait when I have paid for the time that those vet rewards cover? It makes no sense to do otherwise

excuse me? are you seriously claiming it 'makes no sense' to hand out time based reward based on the amount of time they are playing? you really should rethink what you said here. and you can start by considering why they are called 'veteran rewards' in the first place.

you say something that makes no sense, tell people they are wrong despite the fact you are saying things that make no sense, and then insult them? what fantasy land are you
    living in exactly? and do not belittle people like you did here. its ignorant and offensive
    The main problem here is everyone thinks time equals loyalty/veteran. When it doesn't. Saying you EARNED your rewards isn't really the truth either. You PAID for those rewards.

think before you speak. in this case, time DOES equal veteran. have you not noticed the 100 day, 300 day, 1000 day, etc... statements? you know why they are called that? because they are time based veteran rewards
    edited October 2012

Dammit y u not work

Somewhere in the "edit your avatar" section or somemthing I believe..sorry I can't recall off the top of my head. :(

Dec '07 Account
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    B/c LTS is for no longer worrying about paying for a sub, not "Gimmie this all now!" badge. :rolleyes:

Ignoring your obvious attempts to bait me down to your level..

But why not? I have paid for it, after all.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    edited October 2012
    Ignoring your obvious attempts to bait me down to your level..

But why not? I have paid for it, after all.

Baiting? No...just actual logic. Me thinks your post is the other way around.

If Cryptic changes everythig to just "Rewards" or something that...well doesn't have an obvious day qualification then your posts will be semi-close to actually becoming true.

But that's not the case.

Dec '07 Account
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Complexity?

Wow.

I've heard it all now.

Yup, it's much more complex an operation throwing a hull heal than deciding where to use the last of you repair parts while cutting power to certain systems to keep your shields up.
    :cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    they can't even remove the references to Vice-Admiral 2 (level 51) and you want them to remove the references to the number of days on the rewards!?!? Don't hold your breath.

As for giving the rewards to LTS, I think it's great as it gives more value to the LTS package, they should have kept a few things for veteran players, like titles and skill point boosts that are earned over time.

But let's be honest, the only reason they're doing this is to no longer be forced into creating more rewards for Xday vets, otherwise we would have asked for more, and more, and more...
  • captainotakucaptainotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Dammit y u not work

I was having the same problem. Do you use Google Chrome? I opened up my old Explorer and did it through there and it worked finally. Might be some sort of cookie thing or something. Good luck!
    edited October 2012
    deyvad wrote: »
    they can't even remove the references to Vice-Admiral 2 (level 51) and you want them to remove the references to the number of days on the rewards!?!? Don't hold your breath.

As for giving the rewards to LTS, I think it's great as it gives more value to the LTS package, they should have kept a few things for veteran players, like titles and skill point boosts that are earned over time.

But let's be honest, the only reason they're doing this is to no longer be forced into creating more rewards for Xday vets, otherwise we would have asked for more, and more, and more...

Like most MMO's :confused:

I think people would have been happy with the evey 300, etc concepts that were thrown around..a lot of rewards have been uniforms or a belt anyway haha.

Dec '07 Account
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh, goodie. Those damn 800 vet monkeys were annoying enough as it is, now that everyone has them I'll never have peace in social zones...
  • judgeslongjudgeslong Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    981 days or more!! i feel how the rest of the people do. They just put red shirts on all of us and were all expendable.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Holy cow this issue has brought a lot of people out of the woodwork and into the forums. I almost started a "I heard a pin drop in here" thread just 2 days ago - lol
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wonder if PWE just hired John Smedley...

I'm pretty sure only a few people will even get what I'm implying by that comment, and the context of it, without me going on a HUGE rant and getting myself banned for life...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    At least Smedley had the humility to confess that he'd screwed up once he'd killed SWG - can't see Stahl ever doing that...

*Edit* Not that I believe Stahl has much say in what happens with STO anyway...
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • redmenace1redmenace1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Don't TRIBBLE in my face and tell me its raining. Having been here since Beta, this is just a serious kick to the pants.

Thanks. Way to reward the people have supported you from the beginning.

I know this is a business, and businesses need to make money. However after this bait and switch with the 'exclusive' 1000 day reward, I'm done with giving any more of my cash.

Enjoy the short term profits over long term sustainability.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People are still complaining about this? Wow.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Notice how all the people benefiting from this move are all defensive about it.

Sadly, we can't just stop giving Cryptic/ PWE money because they really don't give a wet slap whether this game stays afloat or not.

They have NWN on the horizon and STO will only stay live as long as they are making money.

So pony up, just remember, that's all you can do.
  • lokikinlokikin Member Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Star Fleet is generous and welcoming...

Klingons are honorable and proud...

Who the hell are YOU people?

'cause not many posts I've seen here seem worthy of a Star Fleet or a Klingon officer...

But of course you're just playing a game. It's not like you have to actually BELIEVE in any of that TRIBBLE...

Right?
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know that this post may be a repeat of someone else's post, but I don't have time to go through all 40+ pages of posts and everything. What I want to know is if we buy a month or two of gold subscription, will we get all the vet perks instantly as well or is there something in the system that only gives all the perks to those who pay the amount of the lifetime option?