test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Also, I found an "issue" that I actually like in these new forums:

24. When the signature is changed, it doesn't change on all of our old posts and replies. Just on ones after you changed it.

I like this, because it shows more of a "progression" over time. You can change your signature to match the events in regards to whatever is going on at the time, and when looking back over history, it should still show whatever the user's sig was at the time the user posted it instead of whatever they may have changed it to now.

That's not the case with me. :confused:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's not the case with me. :confused:

Agreed.

To test -- I changed the underscores to tildes in my .sig.

It changes in older posts, too.
    edited June 2012
    I thought if i left the forums set up for a good week this mess would be cleaned up. Its stupid we can not have custom Avitars like before I would like an explanation. Also everything i did before is miserable to find! My old user name was Elis-Grant and oh look I cant use it so i used the name of my Caitian Captain and oh look my sig is gone! So now my Co Admiral has to go through the hassel of making a new Fleet Sig!
    Proud Co-founder of Caitian Fleet a Caitian only fleet
  • Options
    deadbison2deadbison2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want some separators in the in the posts, some seem to run together.
  • Options
    sroansroan Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    deadbison2 wrote: »
    I just want some separators in the in the posts, some seem to run together.

Gods yes! It is sore on the eyes to read long threads now!
    Proud Co-founder of Caitian Fleet a Caitian only fleet
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    Agreed.

To test -- I changed the underscores to tildes in my .sig.

It changes in older posts, too.

It didn't use too... I noticed it also, last week.

They apparently altered that (fixed it) at some point.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rogueicerogueice Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    53. Some merged accounts have had their subscribed to game days reset to 0! - this is just a graphical glitch. If it does not straighten itself out, reach out to Support and they can help

This is partially the case. My ticket response was this:
    Your subscription shows 0 days, because it has been suspended. Should you choose to renew your subscription, the ticket will pick up where you left off at 100 days.

So if your sub is active it's good, but if you let it lapse (apparently) you're down to 0.

(I've not been in trouble AFAIK, I just haven't renewed, so "suspended" shouldn't be a negative...I think)
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here is one, it's more like a discrepency that something wrong:

In the Forum Rules, Signature Image Size no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb

In the Edit Signature, The maximum size image is 500 by 100 pixels or 195.3 KB

Which is it?! :confused:

Hoo boy, I hope it goes back to the old rules. There was a big mess when some people used signatures that were the max allowed by the editor, but larger than the forum rules said they should be.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    Here is one, it's more like a discrepency that something wrong:

In the Forum Rules, Signature Image Size no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb

In the Edit Signature, The maximum size image is 500 by 100 pixels or 195.3 KB

Which is it?! :confused:

The latter :) I've updated the rules to mention "500x100 pixels and 195.3Kb in size".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The latter :) I've updated the rules to mention "500x100 pixels and 195.3Kb in size".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Kthnx
    *deletes the 500x150*
    wonk wonk wooooonk
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not sure if it's related to the issue on the iPad, but I tried signing in from my Android phone, and whenever the keyboard came up, the box vanished. I think it has to do with how it handles flash.

I had to type in one or two letters, then it would make my keyboard vanish, and I had to resize the browser zoom to get it back to type in two more. Took a couple minutes to sign in because of that. :p
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cheers? That's not cheery at all. That's another step backwards. Smaller sig images are not good sig images. BOO!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    felderburg wrote: »
    Cheers? That's not cheery at all. That's another step backwards. Smaller sig images are not good sig images. BOO!

Oh come on Brandon! It's 2500 extra pixels! Throw us a bone here!

Am I to assume this is the genuine end of custom Avatars? I don't understand Branflakes, what's PWE's reasoning for not allowing such a basic forum quality?!
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Character transfer to tribble I have 18 toons but can only pick the top 6 if I wanted to pick one of my lower toons I can not there needs to be a scroll option there so I can scroll down to all my characters.

not sure if this was posted yet but was not about to try reading 26 pages of stuff, got thru the first few pages and did not see anything, sorry if its a re-post but it better to be more than one of these than none if someone else did not notice this.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The 'go back' problem seems to have been fixed. yay!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When merging it showed my account name as my display name, and it never let me click it to change it. Where's my Cryptic display name I've been using since 2010?
  • Options
    brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. The white GUI on black background is garish and downright painful to look at.

Judas' Goat. THIS has to be high on the list of my aggravations. While I don't post a lot, I do read a lot to pick up tips and news and the like. I can't read here any more for more than five minutes without my eyes cramping. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

(never have understood why every bleeding space game thinks it has to to white letters on black background... sigh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any attempt to actually file a ticket with Support (which I did on the old forums with no trouble) now results in Google Chrome giving me an error page about "too many redirects" and "redirect loops."
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just submitted a ticket using Chrome. No redirect for me.

Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #120626-000601

Created: 06/26/2012 07:24 PM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    abryant1016abryant1016 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    still lost my name and this won't get it back

Zomulus - Who else in this game even knows what that means
  • Options
    snazzymcpantssnazzymcpants Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm over from the Champs boards. I feel your pain, space brothers. We are having a forced merge on Thursday.

Hold me.
  • Options
    droidbones#8886 droidbones Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    STO.Perfectworld.com should have a delta shield favicon to distinguish it from other web bookmarks, more to the point: the forums have never had a proper favicon so it would be nice if they shared the same or similar delta shield favicon so bookmarked threads can also be more easily identified.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did someone notice that instant email notification doesn't work.
    In my case it doesn't work.
    In my settings, it's on but nothing is coming in my mailbox.
    PWE is from best spammer country of the world and it is not able sending mail. It's really funny.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah I have posted about this a few times, its not just you. Apparently PWE does not enable Email Notifications any their forums which really sucks. :(
  • Options
    scottapricescottaprice Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    2 STO FORUM CRITICAL POINTS - SHOWSTOPPERS:

1) Access to the In-game Mail from the Website is very important. One reason is that the game has a 2048 character limit and the website did not - AND you can copy and paste (links or text) from the Web-based E-Mail, but not in-game. I have been using the Champs Online Mail and now that is being taken away now too? Please consider the restoration of access of STO in-game E-Mail from the website - preferably BEFORE The Champs Online conversion!

2) The Friends List is also very important. Again, when this functionality was taken away from the STO Website after conversion, I used the Champs Online site to see who was online before I logged on. The NEW PWE STO Site has different display names form the names of STO players. The new system for mail and friends display would be useless. I do not know how we have any current tools that allow these features. Please return these tools to the users.
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    fix for #51: dont use an ipad and buy something useful
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Subscription List is inputting the view count into the replies box.
  • Options
    mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When will we get our Captain's Profiles and in-game mail linked to the website?
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did someone notice that instant email notification doesn't work.

Yup, they know. Someone menetioned a few days ago that they thought that it's turned off for all of the PW forums but I dont recall anyone confirming that. You may want to search the forums if that interests you.
    PWE is from best spammer country of the world and it is not able sending mail. It's really funny.

May want to check your sources on that as China has fallen down the list a bit recently. I;m not a spamhaus fan but:

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries/
This discussion has been closed.