test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    #30 has been fixed. Paragraphs/
    s may now resume their normal pragraphing/
    ing :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Points 7, 23, 50, and 53 have been addressed in the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

#23 is: "stock avatars are not diverse enough to really identify with - duplicate of last bullet point"

I don't see how that's fixed, unless you've announced somewhere that we'll be allowed to use custom avatars? Because my "Edit your AVATAR" link still goes to the same old icons.
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Okay, but could you put a link to the french and german subforums somewhere on the main bord ? No one will ever notice it now it's hidden.

You can change the language at the very top of the page.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    54. There is no longer a drop down list to jump to different sub-forums.

Bump. Doesn't look like this one has been dealt with yet.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    It's at the bottom of the "edit avatar" screen.

Thank you very much, I wouldn't have thought to look there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    #23 is: "stock avatars are not diverse enough to really identify with - duplicate of last bullet point"

I don't see how that's fixed, unless you've announced somewhere that we'll be allowed to use custom avatars? Because my "Edit your AVATAR" link still goes to the same old icons.

That goes hand-in-hand with not having custom avatars :) I've stated a few times on the forums lately that we're working on a solution to bring them back, but there is no ETA.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    61. Small selection of avatars. If you won't let me have my own avatar, at least let me pick something cool. Get it to 100+ avatars for starters.
    edited June 2012
    61. Small selection of avatars. If you won't let me have my own avatar, at least let me pick something cool. Get it to 100+ avatars for starters.

We're not going to add anymore as we are going to allow custom avatars again at some point in the future. See the above post :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    we are going to allow custom avatars again at some point in the future

Awesome news!

Also, thanks for #19!
    7n4nvF5.png
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Dev tracker is still wonky. It works, mostly, unless you want to browse beyond the first page of results. If you click on the > for next page (or on any of the numbers), you might get it, or you might just get the first page again. If you try to go back multiple pages, this is a mess because each click has a chance to bring you back to the first page of results.

Also, if you click on a post to read it, then back up, you're back to the first page of results again.

This means I am now trying to decide, based on a sentence or two, whether it's worth the enormous hassle of reading each post. I'm sure I'm missing important stuff, but I can't spend all day trying to coax the stupid forum into showing me what I want.

As I've posted before, the only thing I read anymore is the Dev tracker thanks to all the mindless rage around here. If Dev tracker is not going to behave, I may just have to bail.

URGH!
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    - Dev Tracker (already reported): I find that pressing the next page on the bottom resets to page 1. If you press the next page from the top (i.e. page 2, page 3) it goes to the right page. Then if you press the next page (4, 5, etc) from the bottom, it will reset again to page 1.

- Rules: They seem to cut off on explaining hotlinking as if the post has reached the character limit.

Question: Will the forums automatically lock threads that have not been posted in after 30 days, or 60 days, or 90? I think this would assist in the prevention of a zombie apocalypse.

• capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What is the news on getting back the 'you posted here' icon for threads as well as the dev post one? And what about the click your name to view all threads feature? I know I could site:search on google but I miss the simple ease of the old way. Glad to see more things getting added back in, can't wait for the return of custom avatars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • drumknottdrumknott Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    What is the news on getting back the 'you posted here' icon for threads as well as the dev post one? And what about the click your name to view all threads feature? I know I could site:search on google but I miss the simple ease of the old way. Glad to see more things getting added back in, can't wait for the return of custom avatars.
    I'd like to see these return as well.

I don't know if it's been mentioned/asked, but I'm having a heck of a time finding my subscriptions. I used to be able to click Quick Links and Subscribed Threads, but I don't have that anymore....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hello, I'm PatricianVetinari, using my alt-Silver account to access these new forums (as I'm not yet willing to PW link/convert my main/LTS account). To say I'm disappointed with this "conversion" event would be an understatement.
    (Is there a way to make my text align next to the sig pic, instead of after/under it?)
    edited June 2012
    drumknott wrote: »
    I'd like to see these return as well.

I don't know if it's been mentioned/asked, but I'm having a heck of a time finding my subscriptions. I used to be able to click Quick Links and Subscribed Threads, but I don't have that anymore....

I will be posting updates about things we were able to reintroduce as soon as we get them in :) There have been some higher priority items than these, but we'll get a chance to take a look. Thanks for your patience :smile:

On a side note, numbered lists are working again:

1. Number list test 1
    2. Number list test 2
    3. Number list test 3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    drumknott wrote: »

Click "User CP" next to your avatar, and then "list subscriptions".

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but when will we get email notifications with subscriptions?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited June 2012
    Something new for the list, you used to be able to click on the number in the replies column of the forum and get a list of everyone that replied to a thread and how many posts they had in it. Clicking the names in the list brought up the profile page and the see all posts/threads started links

If no one remembers, try this link to the champions forum and click a number in the column to see..http://forums.champions-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • drumknottdrumknott Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I will be posting updates about things we were able to reintroduce as soon as we get them in :) There have been some higher priority items than these, but we'll get a chance to take a look. Thanks for your patience...
    Ah. Who said anything about being patient! :mad:

:tongue:

Seriously, I jest about not being patient. But wow, these new forums are really going to take some getting used to. I appreciate you guys are working to get them better, but I wish PW would stop g-pigging us, and test/fix this sort of stuff out before it gets pushed live. It's clear this was thrown out half-aft'd, with all the broken features. And it's just plain ugly to look at... Black with bright white text? Very hard on the eyes/hard to read. Icons/buttons with white anti-aliasing. Ginormous headers and cheesy, slow-to-load ad-space banners that come up before the content I care about... And the flow of the forum software is clunky (like locating subscriptions, etc.).

I feel like I'm surfing a forum from 10 years ago.

:rolleyes:

Well, at least we'll (eventually) get our avatars back... Thanks for doing your best Brandon, and taking the heat for our complaining...

Click "User CP" next to your avatar, and then "list subscriptions".

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but when will we get email notifications with subscriptions?
    Groovy. Thanks! :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hello, I'm PatricianVetinari, using my alt-Silver account to access these new forums (as I'm not yet willing to PW link/convert my main/LTS account). To say I'm disappointed with this "conversion" event would be an understatement.
    (Is there a way to make my text align next to the sig pic, instead of after/under it?)
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Has anyone noticed that Dstahl hasn't been added to the dev tracker?
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think They fixed the 'Remember Me" login bug...

I didn't have to sign in tonight when I clicked on my STO Favorites link..
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for your posts, Brandon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    BTW, how do you put people on ignore now?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited June 2012
    Only from in-game I think, and I'm not even sure that extends to the forums now..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    BTW, how do you put people on ignore now?
    capnbludd wrote: »
    Only from in-game I think, and I'm not even sure that extends to the forums now..

There's no forum ignore now. It goes nicely with the lack of "report posts."
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that Dstahl hasn't been added to the dev tracker?

If I were a conspiracy theorist (sometimes I am, sometimes I ain't), i'd suggest maybe DStahl was "quietly let go".

Not just the fact that he hasn't been re-added to the dev tracker (no longer having a forum account?!?), but also the fact that there have been ZERO posts from him in either the forum, or as Dev Blogs.

Parts of Season 6 are on Tribble now, and we still have no word as to a "preliminary release date" for Holodeck.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I will be posting updates about things we were able to reintroduce as soon as we get them in :) There have been some higher priority items than these, but we'll get a chance to take a look. Thanks for your patience :smile:

On a side note, numbered lists are working again:

1. Number list test 1
    2. Number list test 2
    3. Number list test 3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Also of note, lists of all sorts still don't seem to work right in the "Preview" of a post, only when you submit a reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited June 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    If I were a conspiracy theorist (sometimes I am, sometimes I ain't), i'd suggest maybe DStahl was "quietly let go".

Not just the fact that he hasn't been re-added to the dev tracker (no longer having a forum account?!?), but also the fact that there have been ZERO posts from him in either the forum, or as Dev Blogs.

Parts of Season 6 are on Tribble now, and we still have no word as to a "preliminary release date" for Holodeck.

This is insane. Let go for what? I very, very much doubt the forum mess was his idea.

On the Dev tracker and clicking the page numbers: someone mentioned that it worked with the numbers on top of the page but not on the bottom. That's not actually the case. In actuality it works sometimes and not others, from either top or bottom. I just tried it in both IE and Chrome: same results.

EDIT to add: also, we definitely need the ignore function back.
    edited June 2012
    Also -- and this may have been brought up before but 25 pages is a lot -- we can't set the timezone for message display, nor can we set the number of posts per page. These are, like, very basic vBulletin options that should be trivial to enable.

Pleasepleaseplease?
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Also -- and this may have been brought up before but 25 pages is a lot -- we can't set the timezone for message display, nor can we set the number of posts per page. These are, like, very basic vBulletin options that should be trivial to enable.

Pleasepleaseplease?

You don't have to read the whole thread -- just the first post.
    43. Option to reset timezone settings has apparently disappeared. - WORKING HERE: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions
    Here is one, it's more like a discrepency that something wrong:

In the Forum Rules, Signature Image Size no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb

In the Edit Signature, The maximum size image is 500 by 100 pixels or 195.3 KB

Which is it?! :confused:
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here's an issue I didn't see in the OP:

In the old forums, you could click on the number next to the thread in the "Replies" column, and get a popup window showing the list of people that posted in that thread, with a number of how many times that user posted in that thread.

It was pretty useful for checking to see if a "big" thread was actually commented on by a lot of different users, or if it was just a handful of users posting a hundred times.

==========

Also, I found an "issue" that I actually like in these new forums:

24. When the signature is changed, it doesn't change on all of our old posts and replies. Just on ones after you changed it.

I like this, because it shows more of a "progression" over time. You can change your signature to match the events in regards to whatever is going on at the time, and when looking back over history, it should still show whatever the user's sig was at the time the user posted it instead of whatever they may have changed it to now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The first post pretty much hit the nail on the head. He forgot to mention that It Sucks. :biggrin: Even the Big Grin looks Chinese now.
This discussion has been closed.