test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any word on if the Captain Profiles are going to be returning or the in-game mail access? I used both of these features a lot ...
  • greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can we have this stickied please? Its impossible to find anything on these infernal forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    Preferably a horizontal rule, and not a series of underscores.

Judging from the layout, someone forgot to make a CSS entry for .sigs that separates them from the post.
    I literally know people in middle school who can make better boards than this with fewer problems... I understand wanting to consolidate, but to do it so badly?

Well hopefully this means forum maintenance will no longer interfere with the actual game....
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If I hit Back in forums, I get a forum page with a long garble header.

That's really unprofessional in a major forum.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited June 2012
    zahinder wrote: »
    If I hit Back in forums, I get a forum page with a long garble header.

That's really unprofessional in a major forum.

Ah, that's how you trigger that . . .

At least what I get (not sure if you're seeing the same) -- it looks to be what used to be the "Dev Posts" page, judging from the names that come up:

http://i.imgur.com/5LsHt.jpg
    I think the important question is, why did PW/Cryptic update the forum from one end of life product, to another?

You realise end of life means it's unsupported by the creator and "possibly" prone to security issues?

Given PW's inability to secure their own systems and their apparent inability to upgrade forum software to later versions, I dread to think what might happen if this forum is linked to people's gaming accounts and it gets TRIBBLE.
  • woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This whole thing is a complete mess. They lost our histories, our identities, and 5 years worth of forum tweaking.

and they don't care.
    They just want our money.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know if it's posted or not, but it wasn't in the first post, and since we are making a list:

I log in and select keep logged in.

I come back to the forum an hour or so later and Im logged out.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I note that when I reply or quote in a thread that the default for text is black on black. To view my own text I have to manually change its color to white or light gray.

I'm using Firefox if that matters.
    . TO
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    #5, #10, and #19 have been addressed:

I updated signature permissions today :smile:
    Allow Basic BB Code Yes
    Allow Color BB Code Yes
    Allow Size BB Code No
    Allow Font BB Code No
    Allow Alignment BB Code Yes
    Allow List BB Code No
    Allow Link BB Code Yes
    Allow HTML No

Allow Image BB Code No
    Allow Code BB Code No
    Allow PHP BB Code No
    Allow HTML BB Code No
    Allow Quote BB Code No
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

We're going to stick with allowing you to upload an image for now rather than using a [IMG]tag :) Cheers, Brandon =/\=[/img]
    edited June 2012

We're going to stick with allowing you to upload an image for now rather than using a [IMG]tag :) Cheers, Brandon =/\=[/img]

I just saw the repost of the rules . . . will we be able to see how many infractions we have?

Very nice! :smile:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited June 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    I just saw the repost of the rules . . . will we be able to see how many infractions we have?

The rules have actually always been there, but for some reason only the latest announcement was visible -- if you clicked on it, it showed all other announcements (rules were at the bottom) -- I've ungrouped them and now the 3 announcements are showing :smile: That takes care of #41.

As for infractions you have, not sure :smile: Just don't get any :tongue:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2012
    The rules have actually always been there, but for some reason only the latest announcement was visible -- if you clicked on it, it showed all other announcements (rules were at the bottom) -- I've ungrouped them and now the 3 announcements are showing :smile: That takes care of #41.

As for infractions you have, not sure :smile: Just don't get any :tongue:

Oh, I was just asking as general information >.>

Never, ever would I let my overactive sarcasm gland get the better of me.
    beezle23 wrote: »
    Oh, I was just asking as general information >.>

I know :biggrin: I'm not sure if you can see your current level, but I know if you get a warning/ infraction, you get sent a forum PM by the system with information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Thank you buddy, now I got my sig back to how it was pre-change over lol, had to move the station link to be imbedded into my image due to the 5 line limit but next step is our avatars :P
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
    edited June 2012
    Points 7, 23, 50, and 53 have been addressed in the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    #?. If we're not going to be allowed to use custom avatars, stock avatars could use more diversity. Perhaps some ship icons, shuttles, planet shots, etc. Perhaps repurpose some of the game inventory asset icons. There's so much art ingame. Suggestions: Tribbles, Phasers, Pet icons, etc.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Apparently no way for users to edit previous 'archived' posts, meaning stickied posts from STO forum that were kept updated with new info, (such as this one is now), can no longer be edited by the OP.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am encountering a weird problem that when I want to quite a post and write a reply in Advanced mode, I either get one of these three results
    • There is no quoted text pre-filled, and it won't be added later either.
    • There is quoted text pre-filled, but it's from a post I quoted earlier.
    • There is quoted text pre-filled from the post I wanted to quote.

Obviously, ony the last one is desirable and expected. Just to make sure - I did not quote the wrong post (which is now easy to do with the quote button at the top instead of the bottom of the post), I selected the correct one.

It could be some weird interaction with Quick Reply or Multi Quote. It's not easy to replicate.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want to know when Search will be fixed.

It's been my habit to search for my most recent posts, in order to pick up where I left off in a thread and see what's been posted since.

Now it's a total pain. I get the dreaded database error message every time.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Points 7, 23, 50, and 53 have been addressed in the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

1. In order to "quote" a person, one must currently click "Multi-On" before clicking Quote, otherwise the editbox comes up blank.

2. Any status update on bringing back the "Report post/user" function?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Duno if its mentioned as cba to read it lol. But searching your own topics or posts doesnt work. I tried looking for some posts or topics of my own and the search failed and the results window doesnt work properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    42. No more adjusting the number of posts visible in each thread anymore.

You have a nice list, but I just noticed this reading it again: you can, in fact, change the number of posts visible (I have mine set back to 20 per page again). You do, however, have to follow the link provided for issue #43, but it's there :smile:
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    13. The Dev tracker appears to be broken. - WORKING

Something else I've noticed today; this is only partially correct. Yes, it's back to showing posts from the devs, but there are two issues I've seen:

1. If you aren't logged in, the tracker returns no results (not good for people with issues logging in right now!)
    2. The list seems to be timing out; after about 30 seconds or so (if you actually read the whole page!), the forward or back buttons on the list will reset to the first page, regardless of which page you are actually on.

#2 is an annoyance for people like me, who don't read the forums every day, and have a lot of dev posts they want to go through.
    edited June 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I just want to know when Search will be fixed.

It's been my habit to search for my most recent posts, in order to pick up where I left off in a thread and see what's been posted since.

Now it's a total pain. I get the dreaded database error message every time.

I don't know whether it's a standard vBulletin, but some forums have a "My Posts" in addition to "Today's Posts" and "New Posts."

Normally I'd get to my own posts via profile (View other Posts By), but that's not happening with that CoreConnect thingy.
    Okay, but could you put a link to the french and german subforums somewhere on the main bord ? No one will ever notice it now it's hidden.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    59. Can't turn off Lifetime Sub title if desired

I'd just like to be able to turn mine back on. Any help!?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I'd just like to be able to turn mine back on. Any help!?!?!

It's at the bottom of the "edit avatar" screen.