test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Interior Feedback

strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
Hi,

I am sure the Starfleet Fleet Starbase interiors are not finished yet; but some feedback I would like to give...

1) The use of exisiting Game Art for the consoles, furniture, items etc degrades the wow factor of the new arcitecture of the base. It would greatly add to the interiors if new sleeker, shiney 2409 Consoles, items and furniture were made and added.

2) The placement of said consoles, items and funiture seems hap-hazard and just plonked into their positions without any rhyme nor reason... Just looks odd.

3) The is no flow or design match between Ops level and the other three levels... Ops level Artictecture = shiney and new, 2409 style (bar the consoles etc); other levels = old skool.

4) The ambient VO is poor, it sounds all radio-y with static noise... This is 2409, tannoy announoucements would not sound like this and would be clear with a minute echo if any.

Overall thus far...

- Ops Level environment/arcitecture is :biggrin:
- Consoles, Items, Funiture is :eek:
- Consoles, Items, Furniture placement is :confused:
- Tac, Sci, Eng Levels design is :frown:

Cheers
Post edited by strorus on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    there is a discontinuity between the main levels and the lower levels, which tend to be reconfigured variants of rooms and ships we already have in the game rather then a new shiny room.

it does not matter quite so much with klingons because you kind of feel like you are going into the bowls of the starbase and perhaps the klingon designer just did not care about aesthetics quite as much.

the fed one does feel a little odd though as i would expect the design to hold out throughout.

perhaps the main section is designed to be all light and open and sleek as its the main foyer and the rest is a bit more business like but it could do with some tweaks if possible.

I know time and priority is always an issue. Maybe this is something that can be updated in the future or even as part of the starbase upgrade. it will be months before anyone hits tier 4 or 5 so it gives them plenty of time to make improvements and then it feels like they are earned by the player?
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    On KDF main OPs level the prompt for turbo lift options to other levels wasn't @ the turbolift in hallway but instead @ sealed doors off main room.

The lower level minimaps didn't show corridoors though there was no ramps or other elevation change that normally effects this.

As mentioned by a previous poster the lower levels on the KDF side just seemed like random ship structures. The OPs level seemed unique and overall good though.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This may be because our fleet is T0 for a few more hours, but how do you get to the starbase/interior?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midnighter90midnighter90 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And the bots running around NEED to wear the fleet uniform.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I found the Fed Starbase interior to be too big. I'd be more comfortable for it to be 1/2 the size and incorporate Tactical/Engineering/Sci levels in the main area. It's not intimate/cosy enough and feels very sparse.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well i was generally more impressed with the fed T0 base than I thought i would be. Firstly the transporter window and beam into the base when in a team looks very nice and pro. The main hall looks sweet but there is a lot of empty space. This may not be so much of an issue when there are more than 5 players in there ;)

The bartender looks a bit lonely standing up the ramp with not even a trolley to her name. Not sure if it is somewhere in the help, but it would be useful on each of the NPCs dialogs to say minimum Tier level for access to their facilities. I thought the Requisitions area was well layed out and a reasonable size.

The different colored floors on each of the ops, sci and tac levels was a nice touch again but as others have said there doesnt seem to be a consistent feel. The main ops/engineering room was nice but not much to do from what i could see. It would be nice if the consoles had more of an identity to say what they did it might feel less of an empty room. There was another room on the Tac floor i think that seemed to be a resuse from some of the early klingon series missions.
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One thing I would like to see added is a large Conference/Banquet room. something with a table and chairs large enough to seat say 30 players. With working chairs and Trophy space.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The federation interiors are bugged. I use demorecord and most of the Furniture is in the space (under the base floor). Looks like some one TRIBBLE the Z value. When I have time I will provide a screenshot. But the main area of the fed base has a bar, table, even a dance deck with a DJ, 3d chess, and a lot of Oddy bridge style lcars.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ah cheers cerrit. that explains why some of the spaces looked so blank.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
    Starbase interiors are large, that was mostly so that the interior could accommodate a large number of fleet mates at one time.

Am I understanding correctly that you guys are accessing the interiors before you level your base up to T1?
    I don't think that's how it should be. . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited June 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Starbase interiors are large, that was mostly so that the interior could accommodate a large number of fleet mates at one time.

Am I understanding correctly that you guys are accessing the interiors before you level your base up to T1?

We formed a Fleet on Tribble and Immediately proceeded to the Interior.
    edited June 2012
    . . . interesting. . .

The interiors you have access to, are intended to be at the very tippy tops of each base. . .
    The tippy tops which haven't even been built yet on the T0 bases. . .
    I'll discuss with others on Monday.
    edited June 2012
    . . . interesting. . .

The interiors you have access to, are intended to be at the very tippy tops of each base. . .

This does, and doesn't make sense. I agree that the top level hasn't been built yet but why the messages from the NPCs explaining that we need to level up to use their features. Personally I'd like to not see the areas we haven't built yet.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    • There needs to be a base commander office in Ops on the fed side. As well as on the KDF side.
    • The Club on the Fed side needs to at least have a bar, and not have the bar tender standing around in the middle of an empty room.
    • The Counselor is sitting through the floor on the Fed side.
    • KDF Bar needs a Pole on the stage :p
    • where's the switch to turn the gas on for the fire?
    • Chairs in the office off to the side of the Tactical Center are not clickable.
    • At one point a fleet mate was walking from Requisitions into Main Ops on the fed side, fell through the floor.
    • Big Circle in the center of Ops and the Command Center in Ops on the KDF side, could use some holographic displays or something.
    • the raised section in Fed Ops with the glass wall around it... could use some extra detailings... I'm not even sure why it's there it's very bare.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Yeah it was a Level 0

Here the are image I took for darrens thread
  • houseofkahlesshouseofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree that the starbase foyer seems too big, again maybe 1/2 the size would feel more appropriate. I also feel that on the exterior map, the other fleet holdings (shipyards, com satelite etc) need to be closer to the main base, they feel too far away.

with regards to the interior furnishing, we need a continuous theme throughout! There are so many high quality assets in-game that would fit, that it would be a shame to omit them from this otherwise fantastically designed project!

Ps adding an option to transwarp to our base would be brilliant!

Just my 2 cents worth
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ufplanets.com[/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree that the starbase foyer seems too big, again maybe 1/2 the size would feel more appropriate. I also feel that on the exterior map, the other fleet holdings (shipyards, com satelite etc) need to be closer to the main base, they feel too far away.

with regards to the interior furnishing, we need a continuous theme throughout! There are so many high quality assets in-game that would fit, that it would be a shame to omit them from this otherwise fantastically designed project!

Ps adding an option to transwarp to our base would be brilliant!

Just my 2 cents worth

i dont think its too big myself. considering you may have to fit a lot of people in there for fleet meetings, fleets will need a nice big space.

the external stuff is a bit far away but that's mainly because of the missions when you have to defend them. they also will grow in size so i dont think it will seem so far way when its all maxes out at tier 5. there was also a graphical bug that causes object to disappear when you get a little too far way so when that's fixed it should help.

the furnishings should also be added as you level up, so these interiors are the basic versions of what we can eventually get.

i think transwarp is part of the features you can unlock later as that is one of the outer structures you have to defend.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think this is a good idea.
    I'm so happy :D
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i don't like that there are so many RECYCLED rooms...

this is a season update, shouldn't this stuff be ALL NEW + Shiny?

recycling makes me feel like the Bird of Prey Explosion from Genesis / ST6 all over again...

how can it be that it is possible to do a room for that Jupiter Base for a ONE DAY event (first contact day) that looks so awesome, but Fleetbases, that we will see for years to come, have old recycled rooms in there?

I can at least see one room from the "Captains Table" and the TAC room is a 1:1 copy of 2 old FED Missions in the KDF arc.

Please tell me that those are just Placeholdes that will be replaced, either before it goes to Holodeck or with upgrading Tiers?

...it also felt odd to walk around the interior and not a single thing was working yet, i think the medic displayed a Hypo in his shop, but as soon as you click on another tab you get an empty popup with his face again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marylenedrakemarylenedrake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I like the starbases very much, i suppose there will more interior details. something i really feel it lacks now is a kind of conference room, for fleet meetings and such things. I dunno, a kind of long table where all can sit... or at least a room one can use for ceremony.

Regards
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    . . . interesting. . .

I guess those are the breaks when we test something. Unintended spoilers. Good thing that we are testing! :wink:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The interier looks cool.Thanx for the work put into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Talked to Salami, they do intend for you to have access to the interior at aT0, so I'll have to make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on.
    Sorry for the confusion.
  • kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Talked to Salami, they do intend for you to have access to the interior at aT0, so I'll have to make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on.
    Sorry for the confusion.

The only part I don't understand is the "Make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on". Sorry English is not my 1st language, so I encounter some issues with it understanding people.

Whenever I beam into the Starbase and walk into the room, there is an interact symbol in the kinda middle of the room. Whenever I change my graphic settings to super high it disappears.
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »
    The only part I don't understand is the "Make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on". Sorry English is not my 1st language, so I encounter some issues with it understanding people.
    I believe the exterior shots of the Starbase at Tier 0 do not show the place where the interior is supposed to sit at.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • obiwanjabroniobiwanjabroni Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I like the starbases very much, i suppose there will more interior details. something i really feel it lacks now is a kind of conference room, for fleet meetings and such things. I dunno, a kind of long table where all can sit... or at least a room one can use for ceremony.

I second this.

It would also be really cool if trophies were tied into the system somehow as well. Just like anyone can see trophies when they visit your bridge, maybe have that office in the Tactical area of the base have some trophy spots for the fleet leader to use.

A community trophy room would also be cool... just a big room with a bunch of spots for wall and floor trophies that anyone can change.
    sig_universal.png
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Another minor thing.

When you beam out of teh starbase you beam into Eta Eridani sector block and not your starbase interior. Although it's nice to not have to go though 2 loading screens to leave, you we maybe get a choice (like when you are at Starfleet Academy), that way you can choose to beam into Eta Eridani sector block, or to the fleet starbase map?
  • obiwanjabroniobiwanjabroni Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Tactical Level - "Ready Room" type area:

You cannot interact with the desk chair like you can most Captain chairs.

The ship trophy model thingies on the shelf behind the desk are levitating a bit and half smashed into the wall. It's like a phase-cloak gone bad.

I'm not sure if this is added from upgrades, but can we get some spiffy holographic tactical readout thingies in the main room? Like what the Ody bridge has, and I think Admiral Quinn has something similar in his room back on ESD.
    sig_universal.png
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Table and chairs.

Could be a separate conference room, but I'd be fine if they were plunked in the middle of the big room (ala the Captain's table -pun not intended).

Where are we supposed to have the fleet meeting?

And as for someone else who mentioned the starbase needing its commander, in my fleet that would be me. The fleet admiral. I'm just not there all the time. At least that's how I see it.

Nitpick desire: I'd love to have an interact button come up when I go the the transporter pad allowing me to beam out. I've been a bit spoiled by ESD.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • mertyolmertyol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    http://image.mertyol.com/i/screenaza.jpg

some images from the bar area :p. Thank you demo record :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]