test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Interior Feedback

1235»

Comments

• johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This may have been covered earlier, but I just signed in to take a look around for any changes, and whats with the bank terminals now blocking two doors in ops? One is just floating in midair.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This may have been covered earlier, but I just signed in to take a look around for any changes, and whats with the bank terminals now blocking two doors in ops? One is just floating in midair.

I think it was a revenge prank from the KDF DOFFs some of my fleet mates used for various projects. I tried to warn them.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The more time I spend in there, the more Bland it feels. Engineering is a copy/paste from the Captains Table :rolleyes: The interiors are just too big, and there is no reason to have a dogleg corridor from the turbo lift to Engineering/Sci/Tac areas.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The area with the Counsellor should have seating, the bartender should have a bar and stools and tables, the main hall should have something other then a big white disk. Seems like rather lazy interior development to me. Im not saying create new furniture pieces, there is ton's of furniture you could fill that void with already in-game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    The area with the Counsellor should have seating, the bartender should have a bar and stools and tables, the main hall should have something other then a big white disk. Seems like rather lazy interior development to me. Im not saying create new furniture pieces, there is ton's of furniture you could fill that void with already in-game...

If you look at some of the screenshots earlier in this thread, the chairs and stuff are there, just not located properly and thus not visible from the main floor. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be in the map from the start, as the KDF interior has the same sort of amenities (conference table, bar, etc) standard.

I imagine that we'll see these setpieces in one of the next few updates, as they're definitely supposed to be there.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So whens does the Starbase interior get the full bar and the little conference table and stuff? Why doesnt it have all that from the beginning, and why isnt the holodeck open? Its modeled in and stuff...
    7NGGeUP.png

• cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When I consider some of the placement of consoles even in the Ops area I'm thinking there's actually still a lot about the interiors, the tac/sec/eng decks in particular, that are simply placeholders to get a feel for interior functionality while proper interiors are being worked on.

From what i've read of tacofangs posts he's not actually involved with the interiors themselves so i'm thinking/hoping that he may not actually be privvy to exactly what these other artists are doing.

I'll keep a check on this as i don't think what we're seeing on the lower decks is up to standard with the sorts of things Cryptic has been doing lately. Hopefully one way or the other, through a whole new ops-styled design or an intuitive use of current/newer assets we'll see something that looks a lot less season 2 copy/paste by the time season 6 goes live.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »

Keep in mind this is tribble so not everything is necessarily completed and the starbase will progress as you get to tier 5.

the bartender already has a bar added. im unsure if it was a patch or because we are upgrading to tier 2 base but the system is designed to unlock stuff as you level it up.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll chime in on the dome design.

When I stepped onto the Starbase for the first time, I loved being able to look out into space and perhaps could have looked forward to seeing some of our upgraded holdings out those windows and the dome.

Instead, it's closed off and feels like "just another interior map" to me.

Please, when you finally release Starbases, put the dome and starfield background back in. Or give us the option at a low Tier to allow it. I'd love to feel I'm on a Starbase and not what could be misconstrued as an underground complex.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the bartender already has a bar added. im unsure if it was a patch or because we are upgrading to tier 2 base but the system is designed to unlock stuff as you level it up.

Seeing that the bartender unlocks at Tier II, that makes sense.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • cptdangcptdang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I'll chime in on the dome design.

When I stepped onto the Starbase for the first time, I loved being able to look out into space and perhaps could have looked forward to seeing some of our upgraded holdings out those windows and the dome.

Instead, it's closed off and feels like "just another interior map" to me.

Please, when you finally release Starbases, put the dome and starfield background back in. Or give us the option at a low Tier to allow it. I'd love to feel I'm on a Starbase and not what could be misconstrued as an underground complex.

Agreed. Please bring back the glass dome. That was a extremely nice touch.

Or will it be unlocked at a higher tier?
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cptdang wrote: »
    Agreed. Please bring back the glass dome. That was a extremely nice touch.

Or will it be unlocked at a higher tier?

Personally, I think we will end up with a toggle, to open and close the 'blast doors', like we have on the TOS Interior.

If you walk up next to the hull, on the upper level, and swing your camera around, you'll see that the windows are still there, but the blast doors have been closed.

At least, I hope that is the plan.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Regarding the Ops section of the Federation Starbase, I enjoyed seeing the traditional Holodeck/Cargo Bay doors at the bottom of one ramp.

When I saw the Holodeck added this week, I was happy. However, it arrived with the basic hallway/crew quarters door attached instead. I would like to see the more traditional Holodeck doors made available for Dev/Foundry maps. With the heavier sound effect TNG often used to complete that immersion. This door would work well for any future Cargo Bays or Shuttle Bays on starbase as well as starship interiors.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)