test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it wasn't cool or awesome. it was a disgusting display of griefing and Cryptic needs to come down hard on those responsible. This nonsense needs to get nipped in the bud at once.

Yeah did you see the intro to it, it was all awesome and cool. Especially the background starfield and stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah did you see the intro to it, it was all awesome and cool. Especially the background starfield and stuff.

Do you meant he self destruct griefing?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow.. just wow.. people are really THAT upset over this?

You get your ship blown up at earth space dock, you lose nothin other than a few min?.. or..
    you get suckered into a stunt of theirs so you got punked. big deal?

Gaush, have a sense of humor, at least these guys made it somewhat classy and amusing and put some time into it. Was it against the rules, certainly but no need to cry for a public execution or something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That bridge thingy is funny, Kling went there because they want to. No deal.

Explosions - clear griefing for me. Using some abilities for killing people we are not supposed to kill. Making other players feel miserable. They could go to another instance but it isnt that much of an argument. They could also log out or cancel. Do GMs want to people to log out from the game with disgust that other player can abuse them without any counter action?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hunaxor wrote: »
    That bridge thingy is funny, Kling went there because they want to. No deal.

Explosions - clear griefing for me. Using some abilities for killing people we are not supposed to kill. Making other players feel miserable. They could go to another instance but it isnt that much of an argument. They could also log out or cancel. Do GMs want to people to log out from the game with disgust that other player can abuse them without any counter action?

Griefing or not, there were clear cut ways to avoid it.

Honestly a lot of you need to stop taking a game that understandbly has a few cracks in it, so seriously.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But I'm literally angry about this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While we wait for Cryptic to provide more content - Starfleet Dental already delivers.

<3 Goonfleet 4tw. <3
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jsmith644 wrote:
    People need to chill out its the klingon players fault for falling for the trap so get over it

Funny. They used to say the same thing about women who were TRIBBLE. It was an actual defense that worked in court. "Hey! If she didn't want to be TRIBBLE she shouldn't have worn that skirt or gone in that bar!"
    Blaming the victim is always the losers way out.

The bottom line is a bunch of bottom feeders get their jollies off ruining the fun of other people. Of course, if anyone does anything to prevent them from ruining other people's fun they'll be the first to loudly scream about how they were 'just having fun' and everyone should 'lighten up'. What makes YOUR fun more important then someone else's fun?

Ya'll are just arrogant, petulant children who enjoy bullying others to make up for a serious bout of low self esteem. Grow up. And stop whining about people trying to stop you having fun by ruining the fun of other people.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If goons are so terrible then explain to me why that video was so awesomely edited and cool?

Because the Goonies put Art in their TRIBBLE.

P.S. Some of this thread feels like Goonies playing a skit between themselves -- can't be sure. I must try to get my hand on the secret Goonies tactical Forum Field Manual.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sephirius wrote: »

You get your ship blown up at earth space dock, you lose nothin other than a few min?.. or..

Gaush, have a sense of humor, at least these guys made it somewhat classy and amusing and put some time into it. Was it against the rules, certainly but no need to cry for a public execution or something.

it's griefing pure and simple and must be punished harshly. griefing is completely unacceptable. The people who do it should not be allowed to stay. Nothing drives away new players in a MMO than griefing. Nothing drives away casuals faster either. Games need new players and casual players are the VAST majority of most MMO's. Griefers are a tiny but vocal and very irritating minority. Games cannot go wrong permabanning them as fast as possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kamui wrote: »
    Funny. They used to say the same thing about women who were TRIBBLE.

I stopped reading right there.. Oh my gaud.. did you just go there?

I don't know what scares me more.. that you brought up this subject, or there are people like you that take it so seriously that you'd consider and/or compare an in-game stunt to what you just said..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny. They used to say the same thing about women who were TRIBBLE. It was an actual defense that worked in court. "Hey! If she didn't want to be TRIBBLE she shouldn't have worn that skirt or gone in that bar!"

The bottom line is a bunch of bottom feeders get their jollies off ruining the fun of other people. Of course, if anyone does anything to prevent them from ruining other people's fun they'll be the first to loudly scream about how they were 'just having fun' and everyone should 'lighten up'. What makes YOUR fun more important then someone else's fun?

Ya'll are just arrogant, petulant children who enjoy bullying others to make up for a serious bout of low self esteem. Grow up. And stop whining about people trying to stop you having fun by ruining the fun of other people.

Holy ****.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Link to the humorous video, please. Because the one here wasn't. And what part of simulated sex acts in this video did you find "classy"?

Yes, ban as many of them as were involved. While it might seem small and inconsequential now, it inevitably leads to more and larger acts of depravity in order to get their lulz.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I don't know what scares me more.. that you brought up this subject, or there are people like you that take it so seriously that you'd consider and/or compare an in-game stunt to what you just said..

Why not? the severity of the offense is of course MUCH greater but he is right it is the same Blame the Victim mentality.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it's griefing pure and simple and must be punished harshly. griefing is completely unacceptable. The people who do it should not be allowed to stay. Nothing drives away new players in a MMO than griefing. Nothing drives away casuals faster either. Games need new players and casual players are the VAST majority of most MMO's. Griefers are a tiny but vocal and very irritating minority. Games cannot go wrong permabanning them as fast as possible.

Hmm.. curious.. have you played other games such as EVE? or UO for that matter? For more than 6 months that is? I think you'd understand what real bannable griefing is all about. I consider this more of a stunt or childsplay to what happened in those games, for real.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Moonmaiden wrote: »
    Link to the humorous video, please. Because the one here wasn't. And what part of simulated sex acts in this video did you find "classy"?

Yes, ban as many of them as were involved. While it might seem small and inconsequential now, it inevitably leads to more and larger acts of depravity in order to get their lulz.

to retort, i said "somewhat classy" for a reason, but in any case, there is no accounting for taste ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm.. curious.. have you played other games such as EVE? or UO for that matter? For more than 6 months that is? I think you'd understand what real bannable griefing is all about. I consider this more of a stunt or childsplay to what happened in those games, for real.

yes I have. UO is an excellent example of what griefers can do to devestate a game. As for EVE i would point out that even CCP is moving more and more towards safe zones and griefing has always been a very strong mark against that game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [edited]

You do realize even stating that in jest is a banable offense right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why not? the severity of the offense is of course MUCH greater but he is right it is the same Blame the Victim mentality.

I disagree, its not even in the same ballpark, city or county for that matter. In any case, I feel somewhat sorry that you guys feel so "violated" after this. But let me remind you, its just a game and there is no real harm done. If its any harm done, its to cryptic, not you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    **** it, i love this thread, you guys are the biggest whiny manbabies I have ever seen. Also yes, griefing in Star Trek is equivalent to TRIBBLE. Yes it is.

goldmine thread swiss knight for president of the galaxy
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes I have. UO is an excellent example of what griefers can do to devestate a game. As for EVE i would point out that even CCP is moving more and more towards safe zones and griefing has always been a very strong mark against that game.

With that said, how would you compare on a scale of 1-10 of what you saw in this thread to the worst cases of griefing you are referring to UO/EVE?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Moonmaiden wrote: »

I didn't see any "simulated ___ acts" in this video, nor has anyone else mentioned it so far. For you to find such imagery in animated combat sequences could be construed as a bit... depraved?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You do realize even stating that in jest is a banable offense right?

You misunderstand, last year I filmed a documentary in Sussex about the history of the local government. A TRIBBLE is a type of country subdivision.

I can see how taken out of context that might seem offensive.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Why yes, I did go there. But, where exactly did I go? Lessee, I took a statement and compared it to a historical precedent of blaming the victim. OOOOO! How bad of me! Why, it must mean I'm taking the game MUCH to seriously!!!! /yawn

If you HAD read the post, you may have seen I wasn't comparing the two. But hey, that would involve actually having reading comprehension, wouldn't it? For a person who finds it hilarious to ruin other people's day, I can see why reading comprehension would be hard for you.

But wait! Am I...ruining your fun in this thread? Gee duuuuude! You should like.....lighten up duuuude! It's like...duuuude! It's funny duuuuude! Just havin fun brahhh! Dude!

AH! So, because OTHER games have a certain level then THIS game should hold to the same rules? Sorry spanky, but this is CRYPTICs game. Their house, their rules. Ya'll broke the rules and I for one hope you do get banned. People like you ruin games because you take such a delight in ruining it for everyone else. You harrass the hated 'noob' until they quit the game because they're not having fun being your play things. Pretty soon you get bored because no one else is playing so you pack up and go to another game where you do the same stupid TRIBBLE to **** off as many people as possible, all in the name of hedonistic fun. And why not? You care absolutely NOTHING for anyone or anything but yourselves. Which, of course, is the mindset of small children. No wonder you found that video so hilarious.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hara wrote: »
    I didn't see any "simulated ___ acts" in this video, nor has anyone else mentioned it so far. For you to find such imagery in animated combat sequences could be construed as a bit... depraved?

push ups.. the nerve!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I disagree, its not even in the same ballpark, city or county for that matter. In any case, I feel somewhat sorry that you guys feel so "violated" after this. But let me remind you, its just a game and there is no real harm done. If its any harm done, its to cryptic, not you.

Incorrect a great deal of harm was done. People who pay to relax and play this game were forced to do things they did not want to do for the sick sociopathic amusement of other people. Telling them "well you could have logged off" IS NOT a solution. You or those you are defending HAD NO RIGHT to force those players to log off. Those little sociopaths did nothing but bully and harass people for no gain whatsoever. Then they blame the victims of their actions for that. There is absolutely no excuse for that at all least of all saying "it's just a game"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why yes, I did go there. But, where exactly did I go? Lessee, I took a statement and compared it to a historical precedent of blaming the victim. OOOOO! How bad of me! Why, it must mean I'm taking the game MUCH to seriously!!!! /yawn

If you HAD read the post, you may have seen I wasn't comparing the two. But hey, that would involve actually having reading comprehension, wouldn't it? For a person who finds it hilarious to ruin other people's day, I can see why reading comprehension would be hard for you.

But wait! Am I...ruining your fun in this thread? Gee duuuuude! You should like.....lighten up duuuude! It's like...duuuude! It's funny duuuuude! Just havin fun brahhh! Dude!

AH! So, because OTHER games have a certain level then THIS game should hold to the same rules? Sorry spanky, but this is CRYPTICs game. Their house, their rules. Ya'll broke the rules and I for one hope you do get banned. People like you ruin games because you take such a delight in ruining it for everyone else. You harrass the hated 'noob' until they quit the game because they're not having fun being your play things. Pretty soon you get bored because no one else is playing so you pack up and go to another game where you do the same stupid TRIBBLE to **** off as many people as possible, all in the name of hedonistic fun. And why not? You care absolutely NOTHING for anyone or anything but yourselves. Which, of course, is the mindset of small children. No wonder you found that video so hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCoClvLb4Y
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I think you are mistaken in your assessment sir. Its not a failing reading comprehension, it was just the lack of interest of reading the rest of your post. After reading this one, i found it most appropriate that I made the right choice the first time.

Now, do you need a hug?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm still wondering about the self destructs in Sol. Because I remember hearing about it in beta, checking to see if I could do it, and not being able to Abandon Ship in Sol on the live servers. Anyone?
This discussion has been closed.