test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've only just now looked into this Goonie phenomenon, but I think I'm getting a handle on it.

The Goonies think (and seek to prove, and probably keep score) that everybody else is an idiot, right? It was suggested in another thread that I'm judgmental and have a big ego, so, if I were a Goonie, I could, like totally indulge that, right?

In games, I could do it, and, in forums, I could engage in trollish or provocative behavior so that I could draw people in and further find them idiots.

It's kind of a public service, I guess, and I could keep my big head and continue to inflate it.

Plus, I'd never need argument. There's probably a whole store of labels I can buy on the cheap and apply to people.

I'm seriously considering this Goonie route.

Anyway, gawd, must tear myself away and return to the "purity" of Trek.
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.

This right here is a perfect example of what those griefers who made the video are. let there be no doubt that they will only escalate their attacks, obscenity, anti semitism and of course griefing and harassing the player base.
    edited February 2010
    This hostility is uncalled for, especially in the middle of a root canal.

Geoff, as a token of Starfleet Dental's unwavering commitment to the solidarity of the STO community, I can offer you the following reparations which I hope will serve to redress the horrific circumstances you've endured.

** rustles around in lab coat pockets **

I apologize, but our last gifts were given out to actual victims of horrible circumstances in Haiti. However, we can still offer you the following imaginary reparations which I hope will serve to redress the exaggerated aggression that perceived slights often generate in unstable individuals:

** rustles around in imaginary lab coat pockets **

-- 5x brush'em tablets, to help identify areas of plaque buildup
    -- Package of Freddy Feddie's Fairy Floss
    -- Sugar-free lolly
    -- 20% off coupon for all sealant work
    -- Referal to our sister fleet, Starfleet Psychiatric
    edited February 2010
    Sephirius wrote: »
    So you are saying that the victim shouldn't take matters into his own hands and change instances.. instead that person should wait for cryptic to do something about it?

And.. you don't see whats wrong with your argument do you?

The person who commits the crime is traditionally punished, not the victims. Cryptic needs to be proactive in protecting their player base from griefers.
    edited February 2010
    This right here is a perfect example of what those griefers who made the video are. let there be no doubt that they will only escalate their attacks, obscenity, anti semitism and of course griefing and harassing the player base.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
    edited February 2010
    The person who commits the crime is traditionally punished, not the victims. Cryptic needs to be proactive in protecting their player base from griefers.
    Sir, I do believe you have your head lodged so far up your buttocks that you mistake your own excretions for squishy ideas.
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre

Fortunately, I already left... :cool:
    edited February 2010
    Shrqansh wrote: »
    Fortunately, I already left... :cool:

it's cool, we can still be spacebros
    edited February 2010
    Sit around kids let me tell you a story.. You might find this englightening:

Once upon a time, there was a 2 story house shared by 2 families. The richer family lived on the bottom floor filled with luxury and the poor family lived on the top run-down attick floor. For dinner every night the rich family ate expensive and tasty foods while the poorer family ate hearty grains, beans and rice. However, the poorer family didn't mind, every night, they can smell the yummy and delicious smells from the food down-stairs. They would eat their simiple foods while closing their eyes, sniffing the smells of the higher-browed meals downstairs, imagining they were eating the same.

So years fly off the calendar and both families children start to grow and grow, however with one big difference. The children of the richer family grow to be weak, unhealthy and unhappy. While the poorer family's children grew to be strong, healthy and full of life. Ofcourse, the Father of the richer family was bitterly frustrated..

"How can my children be so unhealthy and weak even though I make much more than the family up stairs?!?"

He ponders and paces the living room floor for hours and finally comes up with an answer..

"Aha!! Darling, call my lawyer right away"

A week later the family upstairs gets a court summons for a law suit from the family upstairs. The claim reads as follows:

"The family living upstairs has been stealing our smells from our food every night thus their children has been growing more healthy than ours"

The shocked family was in disbelief yet also worried. The man suing them was rich and powerful and they had little money for council, yet the trudged to the courtroom the following week.

At the arbitration proceeding the judge listened to both sides of the stories. The richer man's angry claims with drawings, diagrams and even a doctor to bear witness versus the defendant's simple pledge of common sense. At the ruling the wise judge came through his chamber doors and sat down.

"All rise"

The judge then turns to the poor father and asks..

"Did you bring the plaintiff's payment with you?"

The poor father reaches into his pocket and pulls out a leather bag of coins and hands it to the judge.

"It's everything that we have" the poor father says.

The judge then turns to the rich father,

"Sir please listen.."

The judge then jingles the coins in the bag and then says to the rich father

"Did you hear that sir?"

The rich father fires back:

"Yes! I heard it and I demand it now."

The judge then smiles, hands back the bag of coins to the poor father with shock and confusion in the courtroom.

"I don't understand, I want my payment!" yells the rich father.

"Oh, but you did receive your payment good sir, these people stole your smells, they have repaid you with letting you hear the money you claim that they owe, jingling in the bag. Court is adjourned!"

Mallet: "Whack!"

-- hope you enjoyed and maybe learned a thing or 2, now get over it.
    edited February 2010
    tldr

edited February 2010
    tldr

Oh boy, this short story was too long?:eek::rolleyes:

@Sephirius: Great story, I really enjoyed it!
    edited February 2010
    I think you are mistaken in your assessment sir. Its not a failing reading comprehension, it was just the lack of interest of reading the rest of your post. After reading this one, i found it most appropriate that I made the right choice the first time.

Now, do you need a hug?

Heh, you really do suck horribly at the whole, "trying to **** off people with passive aggressive comments' thing, ya know? However, I DO find it funny that you'd be asking me for a hug. I've noticed that people of your sociopathic bent who get off on the misery of others tend to come from families with very little affection or love. Because mummy is busy with her gin, and daddy is drinking a beer while watching the game and will backhand them if they interrupt, they spend their time outside pulling the wings off flies, burning ants with a magnifying glass, and beating up the younger children because, 'It's funny'. Although details may be different, the underlying cause does seem to be a lack of hugs; ie. affectionate parents.
    Hmm. I don't recall ever saying that "logging off" was a solution. What I will say is that there is a nice invention in the game called change instance if you should encounter rude people. That little fella can solve a lot of your griefing problems.

As for the klingons that beamed onto the bridge, well, lets just say I don't feel one bit sorry for em.

So in other words, it's the victim's fault because he didn't change the instance? How is that different from logging off? In both cases the abuser has achieved his goals; he has caused another person to alter his game play experience. He has proven himself to be potent, HE has caused another to alter his behavior in an attempt to avoid the abuser. If he angers or frustrates that person, all the more glory to him. It's just a sad and pathetic way to compensate for the extreme feelings of low self esteem the abuser has.
    edited February 2010
    kamui wrote: »
    Heh, you really do suck horribly at the whole, "trying to **** off people with passive aggressive comments' thing, ya know?

On the contrary, it seems to vex you quite a bit according to your replies.

Sorry to burst your bubble sonny but folks like you are pretty easy to manipulate. ;)
    edited February 2010
    Heh, you really do suck horribly at the whole, "trying to **** off people with passive aggressive comments' thing, ya know? However, I DO find it funny that you'd be asking me for a hug. I've noticed that people of your sociopathic bent who get off on the misery of others tend to come from families with very little affection or love. Because mummy is busy with her gin, and daddy is drinking a beer while watching the game and will backhand them if they interrupt, they spend their time outside pulling the wings off flies, burning ants with a magnifying glass, and beating up the younger children because, 'It's funny'. Although details may be different, the underlying cause does seem to be a lack of hugs; ie. affectionate parents.

So in other words, it's the victim's fault because he didn't change the instance? How is that different from logging off? In both cases the abuser has achieved his goals; he has caused another person to alter his game play experience. He has proven himself to be potent, HE has caused another to alter his behavior in an attempt to avoid the abuser. If he angers or frustrates that person, all the more glory to him. It's just a sad and pathetic way to compensate for the extreme feelings of low self esteem the abuser has.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
    edited February 2010
    Oh great, just what the game needs - more attention seeking immature tards who believe their funny via griefing.

There used to be a Goon Squad on Sporregar in WoW. They seem to fit you perfectly, by pulling the same stunts and were universally hated and pitied. Grz on following in their footsteps.
    edited February 2010
    at Starbase one screamed THIS IS ENDGAME beofre he died :D
    edited February 2010
    Duskmourne wrote:
    Oh great, just what the game needs - more attention seeking immature tards who believe their funny via griefing.

There used to be a Goon Squad on Sporregar in WoW. They seem to fit you perfectly, by pulling the same stunts and were universally hated and pitied. Grz on following in their footsteps.

Are they still around? European Sporegar?

If so, I may even consider reactivating my account, transferring my characters (mostly DPS) and JOIN THEM.
    edited February 2010
    Duskmourne wrote:

It's the same group.
    edited February 2010
    Duskmourne wrote:

actually it's THOSE GOONS who followed in OUR footsteps, get it right goddammit
    edited February 2010
    Btw.. just to bring up something to think about:

Have you ever considered that your protests on these forums is what fuels this sorta thing?
    edited February 2010

Have you ever considered that your protests on these forums is what fuels this sorta thing?

But without action/uproar there will never be response.
    edited February 2010

There you go with your the victim deserves it idea again. All blame goes on the attacker not the victim of the attack. The goons are here to grief. They will continue to do so and will continue to escalate until Cryptic takes a stand. The only people in the wrong in this thread are the goonies and those who are defending and encouraging their actions.
    edited February 2010
    On the contrary, it seems to vex you quite a bit according to your replies.

Sorry to burst your bubble sonny but folks like you are pretty easy to manipulate. ;)

Nah, not vexed at all. By all means, look up my post history and read some of the many gems I've written over the weeks. You'll see I have a particular writing style which may come across as stuffy and curmudgeonly. I happen to like being a curmudgeon. But sadly, no my little troll friend. You're not elliciting any negative emotions from me. But you ARE allowing me to use my extensive vocabulary to completely befuddle you!
    The fact that you are completely incapable of actually rebutting a thing I say proves that <G>.
    edited February 2010
    Anyway folks, I must retire for the night, hope you all feel a bit more cheery in the morning.

With that said, I leave you this little treat which I think pretty much sums this thread up in earnest:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZhU9w-8N_k&feature=fvw
    edited February 2010
    TuxedoJack wrote: »
    soyesterday some goonies started inviting kllingons onto their bridge and killing them so they couldn't leave, because when they spawned theyd just be stuck back on the bridge so they couldn't leave.

now theyre gloating about it on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

DO SOMETHIG ABOUT GOONS in this game:mad:

Wow...you know, I honestly found the self-destructing over Earth rather hilarious, actually, and would have found it equally hilarious had I experienced in game, but the rest of it...

Yeah, **** you, Starfleet Dental. Seriously, I've been watching your posts and your blog and it seems you're dedicated to not only trying to bring down the game but completely ruin the experience for everyone who is trying to enjoy it, probably because you either feel it's not what you wanted, or just because you're an TRIBBLE.

I had enough of this kind of bullcrap in a PvE setting in EverQuest when I set my respawn point in a dangerous area(at the time covered by my group) and forgot about it and died a few hours later while farming some giants somewhere else in the world only to get stuck in a cycle of death. And that was PvE. At least in that case it was my own damned fault for resetting my spawn point.

But this? This is griefing of the utmost. It's disgusting.

One last thing: as I said...self-destructing over Earth? Funny, if it only goes on for a few minutes. Other than that? It's ********.
    edited February 2010
    The fact that you are completely incapable of actually rebutting a thing I say proves that <G>.

You're probably right, i have not watched enough VH1 or reality TV trash to shrink my mind to your level to have the desire to give it a go.

Anywho, good luck and good night :)
    edited February 2010
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Yeah, **** you, Starfleet Dental. Seriously, I've been watching your posts and your blog and it seems you're dedicated to not only trying to bring down the game but completely ruin the experience for everyone who is trying to enjoy it, probably because you either feel it's not what you wanted, or just because you're an TRIBBLE.

I had enough of this kind of bullcrap in a PvE setting in EverQuest when I set my respawn point in a dangerous area(at the time covered by my group) and forgot about it and died a few hours later while farming some giants somewhere else in the world only to get stuck in a cycle of death. And that was PvE. At least in that case it was my own damned fault for resetting my spawn point.

But this? This is griefing of the utmost. It's disgusting.

hahahahhaahahahahhahahhahahahahah u mad???
    edited February 2010
    hahahahhaahahahahhahahhahahahahah u mad???

Yes and no. I am angry that this sort of thing occurred, but not overly upset, especially not as I did not suffer any of this. However, as I said, I am somewhat angry at the very nature of it. It's anti-social behavior that takes advantage of other people who are trying to enjoy something they paid for. It's griefing. It's unfair to others and it's outrageous and should not be allowed.

Incidentally, I would like to point out that anything you say would most likely gain credibility if you would utilize proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. You would certainly sound much less like a fool that way.
    edited February 2010
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Yes and no. I am angry that this sort of thing occurred, but not overly upset, especially not as I did not suffer any of this. However, as I said, I am somewhat angry at the very nature of it. It's anti-social behavior that takes advantage of other people who are trying to enjoy something they paid for. It's griefing. It's unfair to others and it's outrageous and should not be allowed.

Incidentally, I would like to point out that anything you say would most likely gain credibility if you would utilize proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. You would certainly sound much less like a fool that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
This discussion has been closed.