test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I must say I find that egoism appaling! I can understand that some people are bored and I don't mind if they blow themselves up, but not if they just intend to anoy other people.
    I mean if you need to blow yourself up: fine, do it but don't annoy other players. Go to a mostly deserted system like Wolf 359 and you can blow up as often as you want without disturbing the rest of the players.

And before I forget: I'm all for a ban.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Damn I say. I mean, I'm completely free to like just log out and then log in again, spawn somewhere else and play normally but I think I'll just rez here in middle of 10+ dudes that's going to kill me whenever I respawn. Then I think I'll keep respawning for awhile and then cry about griefers. DAMN that's really fantastically clever.

I'm also going to stay here outside SOL station and do nothing and let people selfdestruct near my and blow me up and still do nothing and not change instance or anything and then later cry about griefers.

Next I think I'll go down to the slums/backalleys of this town during midnight, strip off all my clothes, write "fu** me", "I'm a dirty s**t" on myself with a marker and try to hang out with some of the friendly people down there. GENIOUS
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    The gonnies will go all out to destroy this game hence why till they are sorted i WILL not subscribe to the game,

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, come on. It is funny. Anyone not wantint to play could have logged in and out.

It's griefing. And the people on the hot end of the phasers may not have realized they could log out ... they may have been under the impression they would just come right back where they died.

Actually it's not just greifing it's greifing of the highest order .. people stuck there for a long time that did not want to be were losing playtime .. you were STEALING their money ... and if the devs agreed with it then I guess Cryptic is ok that griefers can steal your playtime which is MONEY because you pay for it with REAL MONEY.

The amount of money is variable but still irrelevant .. but consider this ... if that was the only hour they had to play that week you stole roughly $3.75 from them. People shoplifting get jailtime for stealing 50cents worth of stuff regardless of how FUNNY the shoplifting might have been intended to be.

this behavior is intolerable.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Stig wrote: »
    Everyone participating in this TRIBBLE should be banned. Those who shot at the klingons on the bridge are the definition of griefers, all deserve a perma ban.

A permaban for what is essentially a prank that cost no one anything more than a little time and some anxiety/grief? Id think maybe a 48 hr ban or a mark on their account with three marks and yer out. But permaban for one essentially harmless incident ? Disagree.

If anything they should make it so those characters are perma-set to spawn in Klingon space or on the Klingon HQ so all the Klingons can zap them for a day lol..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, there's something good about these specific greefers... they pinpoint issues in the game and make it an issue that has to be corrected. Same goes with people who exploit stuff in PvP that gives 'em advantage. Makes the dev team work on correcting the game.

I'm not encouraging Greefing or Exploiting, and, of course, most Greefers and Exploiters might be doing this for reasons totally different than what I've said.

In the end, the effect is still the same.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OzCavalier wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?

I wouldnt even give you or you goons the time of day !!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    It's griefing. And the people on the hot end of the phasers may not have realized they could log out ... they may have been under the impression they would just come right back where they died. .

Im sorry, but if you dont realize you can log out then you have forgotten you are playing a game. There is no permaloss in this game and no penalty for just leaving the game. None. I think anyone would think to log out after triying everything else, no ? If not then maybe they should just un-install the game.

Im not a fan of griefing, I think its stupid (but funny sometimes) but unless it causes some definable materialistic loss to those being griefed then its just a harmless prank and should be treated as such.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People have been crying for in-ship content since pre-Beta.

Well played!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't look like it was successful with one or two klingons that showed up. Anyhow looks like people were bored easier to logout and find something else to do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    I wouldnt even give you or you goons the time of day !!

That's ok dude. I already have a watch anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gunthaar wrote:
    Actually, there's something good about these specific greefers... they pinpoint issues in the game and make it an issue that has to be corrected. Same goes with people who exploit stuff in PvP that gives 'em advantage. Makes the dev team work on correcting the game.

I'm not encouraging Greefing or Exploiting, and, of course, most Greefers and Exploiters might be doing this for reasons totally different than what I've said.

In the end, the effect is still the same.

The problem is that it leads to dev overreactions. For example I heard that in the beta of WoW the undead of the Horde could speak common, so communication between the factions was still possible with translators. Then for some reason because they could hear what the Alliance was talking about in PvP or could cry for help in their language it was changed to gutterspeak, so that communication between the factions was impossible. And that's the last thing I want in STO just because a bunch of *******s. I'm for individual punishments instead of modifying the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This thread makes me very happy and very sad. I mean, most of my posts have been about what whiny babies the people on these forums are, but this thread takes the cake.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Geekboy wrote: »
    This thread makes me very happy and very sad. I mean, most of my posts have been about what whiny babies the people on these forums are, but this thread takes the cake.

Milksops, milksops everywhere. It's sad, but true.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah emergent play. The toughest thing for devs to plan for. But... something so obvious, like being able to invite opposing factions to your bridge... just gotta say... FAIL.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    a bloo bloo bloo my internet spaceships
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A few days ago , some random Klingon player invited me (Fed) to join him on his bridge. After laughing a bit, I declined. Not excusing the ******tery detailed in this thread, but I have to ask why people would accept in the first place. :confused:

Edit: I have to admit I thought the video was quite amusing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well well well.

i hate to be the one to break it to you guys but i told everyone on these forums that the goons were here and this stuff would start happening.

they are lyres. i have access to their forums... hahaha.. what they are saying here and what theya re saying on their forums are 2 different things. if the goons dont agree to leave sto i will start posting secrets.

here is proof i'm in:
    Oh god oh god, Milenko is so caught up in this 'have to be an SA member to get into Dental' thing, I think I'm going to try to convince him to apply and see if he gets in. If he does we totally have to let him in and subtly harrass him.

Oh and delete this post before he can see it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The fearsome carebear intelligence service (Section 31.5 or so) attacks. Fear their spying methods!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AidenPryde wrote: »
    Ah emergent play. The toughest thing for devs to plan for. But... something so obvious, like being able to invite opposing factions to your bridge... just gotta say... FAIL.

That's not fail. Just that you can start PvP there. But how often did the Enterprise have people of opposing factions aboard?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well well well.

i hate to be the one to break it to you guys but i told everyone on these forums that the goons were here and this stuff would start happening.

they are lyres. i have access to their forums... hahaha.. what they are saying here and what theya re saying on their forums are 2 different things. if the goons dont agree to leave sto i will start posting secrets.

here is proof i'm in:

Starfleet Dental does not negotiate with terrorists.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    K-Tar wrote:
    That's not fail. Just that you can start PvP there. But how often did the Enterprise have people of opposing factions aboard?

It is a fail. It's obvious the devs didn't intend for that to happen. If people can get invited, zone in, and be locked in the bridge for 2 hours, then that is unintended. Emergent play is defined as something players do that developers didn't intend. Whether or not that play is positive or negative depends, but in this instance I'd have to say it is a negative.

I don't fault the Goons for doing this, as they always do things like this, I do however fault the devs for not anticipating these sorts of problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That video is hilarious. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I begin to see that the IP may be more curse than blessing for this game.

Now the trekkers (yes, I know, and I couldn't care less!) are going to tell people who want to play a game what we can do and what not.

Say NO to wesleycrusherism. For wesleycrusherism is terribad, mkay.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    K-Tar wrote:

You should watch the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvFPmdd-NI&feature=related

I see so many people crying out for more bridge content. Well, now that some people figured out how to use the bridge (with consenting Klingons) for fun it's an exploit?

Yeah man, nerf bridges. Remove them from the game. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i am still reeling from the fack that two GMs and a Dev all approved of this while it occurred. it's tanatmount to two police officers and a judge witnessing a public gang TRIBBLE at a chinese laundry and shrugging because their coats are cleen
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TuxedoJack wrote: »
    i am still reeling from the fack that two GMs and a Dev all approved of this while it occurred. it's tanatmount to two police officers and a judge witnessing a public gang TRIBBLE at a chinese laundry and shrugging because their coats are cleen

What happens between consenting starship captains is nobody else's business.

Not our fault there's a rash of ridge fever going around.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AidenPryde wrote: »
    I don't fault the Goons for doing this, as they always do things like this, I do however fault the devs for not anticipating these sorts of problems.

I don't fault the murderer for killing someone, I fault the victim for being vulnerable.

I don't fault the thief for stealing stuff, I fault the store for having items to steal.

I don't fault the speeder for speeding, I fault the car manufacturer for building a car that would exceed the speed limit.

Funny how none of those arguments stand up... guess the argument for faulting the victims of griefing don't excuse the griefers either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you're stuck on some one's bridge--- log out for 5 minutes and log back in.. you will be in sector space.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    You should watch the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvFPmdd-NI&feature=related

I see so many people crying out for more bridge content. Well, now that some people figured out how to use the bridge (with consenting Klingons) for fun it's an exploit?

Yeah man, nerf bridges. Remove them from the game. :rolleyes:

And another one for the ignore list, I hope Cryptic didn't limit the number of people you can put there. That's no "bridge content" and accepting in invitation is not "consenting" to being killed repeatedly. And what you call "fun" is just bullying. If you derive "fun" from that you're a really sad excuse for a human being.
This discussion has been closed.