test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Its a game. Anybody who didn't like being blown up over and over could have changed instances.

And while the Bridge of Death did trap people in a dungeon of space-pain it was also really hilarious. Besides, there were 30 dental members having fun, and 10 klingons at any one time not having fun. So, on average more people were having fun then not having fun.

THAT IS MATHMATICAL PROOF

Even the devs were cool about it, and while they didnt engage in our epic roleplay session I feel that they too had a good time.

P.S. My uncle is the top Chef at Paramount and hangs out with Roddenberry all the time and he says its fine.
    It's griefing pure and simple and everyone of those people should be permabanned
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok, so... yeah, make it a lesson, if you get a bridge invite from someone you do not know... don't accept it. With that logic, I agree with the Devs in terms of no issue. People willingly accepted the invites.

Now, I suspect that at some point that they will set it so you cannot invite opposite faction to your bridge.

Other than that, it was funny. So lay off the nerd rage and ban bats.....

Although, I do have to wonder, if the person simply relogged would they still be on the bridge?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rethrox wrote:
    This coming from a fan of the game

He made star trek you moron, skin you live to despair

Wow, really? Thanks for that useful information.

However, as far as I'm aware he created Star Trek when he was still alive, so how does that in any way detract from my belief it got better when he died?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baci wrote:
    ok, so... yeah, make it a lesson, if you get a bridge invite from someone you do not know... don't accept it. With that logic, I agree with the Devs in terms of no issue. People willingly accepted the invites.

Now, I suspect that at some point that they will set it so you cannot invite opposite faction to your bridge.

Other than that, it was funny. So lay off the nerd rage and ban bats.....

Although, I do have to wonder, if the person simply relogged would they still be on the bridge?

You don't really think the people who did this will stop at this do you? They go around to different MMO's and grief then go back to their forum and brag, then go out and do bigger griefs. They wont stop, they all need to be banned
  • Options
    edited February 2010

However, as far as I'm aware he created Star Trek when he was still alive, so how does that in any way detract from my belief it got better when he died?

Dude, you are clueless, i'm not even going to go into it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rethrox wrote:
    Dude, you are clueless, i'm not even going to go into it.

So basically you admit your logic fails, and I'm right. I thought so.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So basically you admit your logic fails, and I'm right. I thought so.

clueless troll
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rethrox wrote:
    clueless troll

Ah of course, you lack the intelligence to come up with an answer to my questions, so I'm the troll. Well done!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah of course, you lack the intelligence to come up with an answer to my questions, so I'm the troll. Well done!

Yes you are
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GM's aren't DEVS...you know that right. A Developer is a DEV..that is someone who writes and develops software. A GM is is basically an in-game customer service person. So their opinion on the matter may not be the ultimate authority. He or she was probably overworked that night and really didn't want to deal with banning an entire Fleet. Hardly an endorsement.

That being said..I rejected multiple bridge invites a few nights ago, from random strangers. Why, because its not bright to accept such invites. Use your head people..anyone randomly inviting you to their bridge..is up to no good.

Oh and the exploding ship thing is annoying but honestly, the game has no debt. So what tears did it really cause...not much...you really didn't inconvenience anyone at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I only have on thing to say about this travesty. ROFL

Edit: PS I loved that second song, made me feel like riverdancing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why were klingons beaming aboard a federation ship? It is war after all.

BTW with no death penalty, what does it matter?

What does any of this matter? It's a social arcade game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anaxander wrote: »

It's griefing pure and simple.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    the intention is there in black and white
    Roddenberry's vision for the future was a hopeful one in which age-old divisions like black and white were no longer relevant.

How unfortunate that a so-called Star Trek fan would regress to the divisive practice of using these hurtful monikers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It was pretty funny.

The song made it feel jovial, but I agree with some of the posters. The autodestruct was meh.... but the Bridge of Death of all kinds of fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    heh nice, next time you can get all your feddies on a cling-on alt's bridge so its less suspicious
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anaxander wrote: »

Perhaps the Goonies could get jobs with Cryptic and put in some Goonie content.

What would it matter? This is a social arcade game.

It's fair to judge behavior by the premise of the game.

And guess what? I surprise myself saying this, but...

Feds killing Klingons fits the premise of the game (even murdering them if you consider some of the content), so win all around on this one.

If it were for points, say, it would have been a perfectly valid tactic.

It does make me think that we need an honor/duty scale, though, as somebody suggested in another thread,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even the devs were cool about it, and while they didnt engage in our epic roleplay session I feel that they too had a good time.
    fine.

WOW I can't believe Cryptic employees could be so aloof about such a serious matter of griefing within this online gaming world of Star Trek. This kind of behaviour is completely unprofessional and frankly offensive!

Cryptic please shape up and fire the GMs and/or devs who took this awful situation so lightly!

Goonies deserve to be permanently banned from this wonderful game of ours, let us enjoy the stars in peace!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Several things:

1. Hilarious
    2. Yes, griefing, but now people know, and I would imagine impromptu bridge PvP won't be allowed after a future patch... or maybe Klingons will just wise up, and not accept invites.
    3. Is Starfleet Dental really the same group of Goons from EVE?
    4. I thought Self Destruct was disabled in Sol. I remember it happening in beta, and then when I got in game, I couldn't do it. How did that happen?
    5. The Starfleet Dental home page is one of the best Star Trek sites I've seen.
    6. I think IndigoFyre's acceptance was just a temporary measure, bringing me back to point 2: the Devs are probably going to change something about the way Bridge invites work when they bring functionality to them.

P.s.: from SD's ventrilo page: one of their members is "washout gorny TRIBBLE vulcan". Take that as you will.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Several things:

1. Hilarious
    2. Yes, griefing, but now people know, and I would imagine impromptu bridge PvP won't be allowed after a future patch... or maybe Klingons will just wise up, and not accept invites.
    3. Is Starfleet Dental really the same group of Goons from EVE?
    4. I thought Self Destruct was disabled in Sol. I remember it happening in beta, and then when I got in game, I couldn't do it. How did that happen?
    5. The Starfleet Dental home page is one of the best Star Trek sites I've seen.
    6. I think IndigoFyre's acceptance was just a temporary measure, bringing me back to point 2: the Devs are probably going to change something about the way Bridge invites work when they bring functionality to them.
    yes Starfleet Dental are goons. Just got to the goon website, you can read all of their bragging. Yes it's griefing and yes they need to be punished.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes Starfleet Dental are goons. Just got to the goon website, you can read all of their bragging. Yes it's griefing and yes they need to be punished.

I agree. Their fleet leader is Swiss Knight, I think the GMs should have a stern word with him, or maybe a short ban is in order? He should take responsibility for his member's actions!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bloody brilliant i say.. you can't help but laugh at this :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Here are a couple of quotes from the Youtube video's info:

On February 22nd members of Starfleet Dental continually self-destructed their starships over Earth Spacedock for over 2 hours, causing much chaos and tears.

Klingon characters were invited to the Bridge of Death, where they would continually be shot at and killed almost instantly. bUnable to reach the turbolift doors to escape, the Klingons were trapped on the Bridge of Death totally unable to escape.

If that isn't the definition of griefing - i.e. deliberately trying to cause problems and prevent others from playing a game that they have paid to play - then I don't know what is. I certainly hope that some measures are taken against people who do that sort of thing in STO, as I don't think it is the least bit funny and in fact I'd prefer it if players who indulged in that sort of thing were prevented from deliberately trying to spoil other player's enjoyment.

Not only is it childish beyond belief, antisocial, and not a great image for the game either, but and I'm pretty sure that Paramount would not be thrilled at people indulging in that kind of thing under the guise of Star Trek. What is more, I'm absolutely certain Gene Roddenberry wouldn't have approved of people making life hard for others via his creation.

This sort of thing is covered by the license agreement too, so if they get a ban or some other measure of penalty, then they will have asked for it, and certainly will have deserved it too. We can well do without this kind of stupidity.

Al

PvP Happened!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cynics wrote:
    PvP Happened!

Bannings need to happen and soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If goons are so terrible then explain to me why that video was so awesomely edited and cool?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If goons are so terrible then explain to me why that video was so awesomely edited and cool?

How can you just ignore all the rudeness and griefing by your fleet members against the wonderful playerbase of STO??? Please discipline your members!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

it wasn't cool or awesome. it was a disgusting display of griefing and Cryptic needs to come down hard on those responsible. This nonsense needs to get nipped in the bud at once.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I agree with Skinmeister. I liked the Enterprise tv-show, and the latest movie is one of the best in the franchise, so it did get better after he died. I still the respect the man for what he did though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it wasn't cool or awesome. it was a disgusting display of griefing and Cryptic needs to come down hard on those responsible. This nonsense needs to get nipped in the bud at once.

I agree wholeheartedly, BAN ALL GOONS!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol you should see what they do in Eve online, makes this bridge griefing seem like childs play. But hey it could be worse, one's said klingon's could have been beamed into bulkheads or space.
This discussion has been closed.