test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hahaha goons are so funny.

this is their trick, their m.o. see they are trying to play this off as humor, but it is more sinistar. in one day they had 2 mass exploits which impacted several players in the game. i have heard that there were some klangons that deleted their characters in order to get off the bridge.

anyway, the gms has proven that they wont stop exploiters. here is the trackrecord:

1. removing shield indicator exploit - the devs have states this effects enemy AI. no bans
    2. multiple weapons per arc autofire- goons have posted how to perform this exploit, no bans
    3. self distruct - goons organized 100s of players to spam Sol killing bunches of player, no bans
    4. changing weapon color - exploit, no bans
    5. summoning enimy players to a federation bridge, no bans, gms went along with it!
    6. tribble breeding exploit - no bans
    8. market maniupuation to drive up prices of crafting items, no bans

these arent just funny people having fun they are trying to destory the game as they have in other games. there is a reason they hang out on a website called somethingawful.com and 4chan!

I just have to point out that changing weapon color was eliminated from the game. If you banned people that did it, more than half the player base would be gone. I would expect similar results. Look for non-combat bridges at some point in the future.

But yes, the goons are griefers.

Also, what tribble breeding exploit? And what happened to number 7?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    someone tell me about the tribble breeding exploit so i can do it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:

Well, you take the tribble, and some of the best food you can find. Some phaserlight, a little soft battle music...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Punk kids playing punk games.

Too bad an organization like this doesn't exist with a maturity level above that of a 2 year old. They might do some good for the gaming community.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Psychopathy (pronounced /saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) is a personality disorder whose hallmark is a lack of empathy. Researcher Robert Hare, whose Hare Psychopathy Checklist is widely used, describes psychopaths as "intraspecies predators[3][4] who use charisma, manipulation, intimidation, sexual intercourse and violence[5][6][7] to control others and to satisfy their own needs. Lacking in conscience and empathy, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse".[8] "What is missing, in other words, are the very qualities that allow a human being to live in social harmony."[9]

Psychopaths are glib and superficially charming, and many psychopaths are excellent mimics of normal human emotion;[10] some psychopaths can blend in, undetected, in a variety of surroundings, including corporate environments.[11] There is neither a cure nor any effective treatment for psychopathy; there are no medications or other techniques which can instill empathy, and psychopaths who undergo traditional talk therapy only become more adept at manipulating others.[12] The consensus among researchers is that psychopathy stems from a specific neurological disorder which is biological in origin and present from birth.[10] It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths.[13][14]

Correction. We're all psychopaths. One percent of the general population are really/really bad at faking things. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cthulhuite wrote: »
    Well, you take the tribble, and some of the best food you can find. Some phaserlight, a little soft battle music...

Sometimes you have to hit a tribble a bit to get it in the mood.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    that's not an exploit, it's friday night
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to hit a tribble a bit to get it in the mood.

Sometimes?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I finished reading through this behemoth of a thread:

You guys are awesome. All of you. Each and everyone who posted here is awesome. Because you made me laugh so hard I think I ripped both my lungs.

Now I want to see some of you ragequit for my lulz. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Munin_Hoag wrote:
    Sometimes?

Sometimes the drugs in the food take effect quick enough.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:
    It's not an exploit, just recently understood and documented like the other particulars.

If you keep one of each type of 72% food in your inventory and allow them to be consumed in any order, without any cheaper foods being consumed in between, the final tribble will be the Rivera (which is the only 3x buff tribble, otherwise only available as a game edition gift.)

The two main difficulties with this are:
    - a few 72% foods are difficult to find
    - you cannot log out while in this process or it will reset, meaning that the chain of food your tribbles already consumed will be reset. In all other tribble breeding this isn't an issue as the breeding timer simply resumes, but for this breeding it is critical. So it requires multiple hours of uninterrupted connection to accomplish this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sometimes the drugs in the food take effect quick enough.

Oh. I thought the food and drugs were for me. Guess I'm doing it wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If this is the same GoonSquad then yes. While they are skilled at finding exploits they are equally skilled at abuse and harrassment.

If they find an exploit you can be sure to find it for sale at some point.

There is a reason they have been banned on mass from other games.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khodan wrote:
    Sounds like most of the people using the internet. If you want examples in real time, try out ChatRoulette.

Al

Actually, it sounds more like the small proportion of people on the internet who make their presence felt in larger part by being a pain in the TRIBBLE. That said, there are plenty of idiots on the internet, certainly I would conjecture far more than there are with psychopathic tendencies, who for the most part are undoubtedly intelligent. So even if there were an IQ test before you could buy a modem, it wouldn't solve this particular problem.

These people that are the subject of this thread are far from stupid, but unfortunately, their behaviour in this instance is also far from acceptable in relation to what is normally considered amenable in a social group. That they might attract some idiots as followers is not beyond the realms of possibility however.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Munin_Hoag wrote:
    Oh. I thought the food and drugs were for me. Guess I'm doing it wrong.

If you're taking the food and drugs yourself, and Arus is there, you're doing it right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The people complaining about this are the some ones who get beat up at school! Grow some nuts and laugh.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Actually, it sounds more like the small proportion of people on the internet who make their presence felt in larger part by being a pain in the TRIBBLE. That said, there are plenty of idiots on the internet, certainly I would conjecture far more than there are with psychopathic tendencies, who for the most part are undoubtedly intelligent. So even if there were an IQ test before you could buy a modem, it wouldn't solve this particular problem.

These people that are the subject of this thread are far from stupid, but unfortunately, their behaviour in this instance is also far from acceptable in relation to what is normally considered amenable in a social group. That they might attract some idiots as followers is not beyond the realms of possibility however.

Al

You'd honestly love to have the internet turned into an epic wasteland, where only the smart are allowed to have any part in it? I think JAKE FREEDOM would have something to say about that!

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    If you're taking the food and drugs yourself, and Arus is there, you're doing it right.

I forgot to sign that last post.

AI
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you think about it the feds on the bridge were just doing the Empire a favor, any Klingon dumb enough to go have tea and biscuits on a fed ship is just making the Empire weaker. Weed out the weak I say .

You could also lure them onto your bridge by posing as a lonely girl gamer looking for some company, "Set phasers to LUUUUVVVV"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Absolutely Hilarious!!

Well done and put together!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jardail wrote:
    Punk kids playing punk games.

Too bad an organization like this doesn't exist with a maturity level above that of a 2 year old. They might do some good for the gaming community.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1928/gmpvpbridge.jpg

AI
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would like to be the first to welcome our new Goon overlords.

You people thought these forums had trolls before... pfft! Amateurs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wiseguy980 wrote:
    I would like to be the first to welcome our new Goon overlords.

You people thought these forums had trolls before... pfft! Amateurs.

Roflmao!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh wait.. I almost forgot!

How to know when you're in a Goonswarm Troll thread...

Mittani comes by and says...

"U Mad?"

Sometimes I miss EvE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol the best time on STO so far it looks and you even have the GM's agreeing with you!

2:49-2:53 with focus on the Captains chair, most epic part of the video!

Although whoever was dancing a jig or doing the running man in front of all the Klingon corpses would be a close second.

ROFL! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the bridge thing is hilarious. The self-destruct at Sol would be funny once. (Well, maybe a few times.)

I hope the bridge was on the USS Candy Van...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wiseguy980 wrote:
    Oh wait.. I almost forgot!

How to know when you're in a Goonswarm Troll thread...

Mittani comes by and says...

"U Mad?"

Sometimes I miss EvE.

On a similar note, I also saw Band of Brothers floating around too. Don't know if they're the same from EvE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I logged into Sol when the self destruct was going on, minor distraction at most, would like to hear from the Klingons what they thought about the Bridge thing. I didn’t read all the post as this thread got too long so there could be some that I missed.

If you were my kids I would say “Now straighten up and play right” and try my best not to laugh.

Well at least I didn’t have to wade through hundreds of “This Game Sux” and “Good Bye Cruel World of STO” post today, if nothing else that was a good diversion.

By the Way if you guys get banned can I have your Stuff?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ahve to admit though. The Star Fleet Dental name/shtick is really funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I guess it's up to Cryptic to decide what kind of action to take against these players (if any). But repeatedly killing 2 Klingon without any means of scape or fight back does cross the line into griefing.

The self destruct ships on earth was kind of funny. Again, if this does not stop people from playing, and does not happen all the time, I do not see much of a problem with it.

Anyway, Cryptic should fix both things, as they can be used for griefing.
This discussion has been closed.