test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    also the tribble exploit as posted on their dental forums (told you i had access hahaha)
    If you keep one of each type of 72% food in your inventory and allow them to be consumed in any order, without any cheaper foods being consumed in between, the final tribble will be the Rivera (which is the only 3x buff tribble, otherwise only available as a game edition gift.)

The two main difficulties with this are:
    - a few 72% foods are difficult to find
    - you cannot log out while in this process or it will reset, meaning that the chain of food your tribbles already consumed will be reset. In all other tribble breeding this isn't an issue as the breeding timer simply resumes, but for this breeding it is critical. So it requires multiple hours of uninterrupted connection to accomplish this.

edit: oops double post
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Actually, if you read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that they were duped into accepting the invite, which makes it possible to question their consent to what happened to them.

So 'Yes' doesn't mean 'Yes' anymore?
    edited February 2010
    Duping people to accept invites, spawn camping, and not allowing them to leave.

This alone is worse than the gold spammers.

Ban these artards who's only form of fun come from ruining others fun.
    edited February 2010
    also the tribble exploit as posted on their dental forums (told you i had access hahaha)

This is not an exploit. I've already posted the information in this thread to clarify that.
    edited February 2010
    Finally someone understands goons and the threat to this game. they have a collective groupthink which causes them to feed upon each other. it starts out simple like this and degrades into somethimg more sinistar. as time goes on they try to oneup each other doing more and more dasterdly deeds. today it is klingons, tomorrow it will be them finding a way to bring kingon ships into federations space or hijaking bridges.

the sad thing is that most of them are smart just misguided. there is indeed somethong awful about people that get their jollies at the expenses of others.

i am really not a fan of these somethong awful people like this guy said rikersmailbox you took teh words right out of my mouth.......i was stuck for a long time on that birdge and i almost deleted my character cause eertyime i logged out and came back i was still there and i couldnt don aything

i ahte these goon people and i wihs they would go away so we could play our game in PEACE...why cant these people stop bothering other people and leave all of us simple regular people alone.... :(

they are going to keep doing this until someone stops then and the only people who can stop them are the gms so you guys nee to step up and ban all of these people from ever playing again!!!
    edited February 2010
    The_Dogman wrote:
    Duping people to accept invites, spawn camping, and not allowing them to leave.

This alone is worse than the gold spammers.

Ban these artards who's only form of fun come from ruining others fun.

I agree

(By which I mean no, as determined above)
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »

They had a klingon operative giving them names of people to invite and telling them that they would get credits and prizes if they went to the bridge.
    edited February 2010
    They had a klingon operative giving them names of people to invite and telling them that they would get credits and prizes if they went to the bridge.

i was told i was joining a group so we could go do missions together it sounded like a lot of fun until i wasted a whole2 hours!!!!!
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    If they pulled them off their own bridge then yes i would call it griefing but those players accepted the invite on to the Fed ship in a PvP zone they got what was coming to them for not using their brains.

they weren't able to get off the bridge, so they were trapped. i don't think they realized that when they accepted the invite. even i wouldn't have known that you could get stuck on someone else's bridge.

and a GM let them get away with it? seriously? what a shame.
    edited February 2010

Yes doesn't equate to consent if the person was tricked into it. They consented to what was promised, not to what was instead given.
    edited February 2010

And these klingon players didn't think free credits and prizes for going to some random bridge they don't know the owner of was a bad idea?

Tell you what, you go get yourself a white panel van, park outside an elementary school, and tell kids you have candy inside and see what kind of reaction you get.
    edited February 2010
    Fluffdaddy wrote: »
    So, whats the diagnosis for someone who tries to analyze people's personalities through their actions in a video game and then goes on and on about it in large paragraphs as if they are experts?

My diagnosis for you is that you are probably a self diagnosed aspie with a bit of narcissism who thinks they are above the simple pleasures in life because they think they are refined. How did I come to this conclusion? I use this online cheetoh finger analyzer that senses the amount of high fructose corn syrup, dandruff flakes and dirt under the nails of MMO players. I also used the new room analyzer that checks for how many empty Mt. Dew cans and Hot Pocket holders are in someone's room.

In short, stop judging others personality traits in quasi-social internet situations and go post about something that actually matters.

Well, leaving aside the fact that amongst other qualifications, I have a B.Sc. in Psychology, which I'm guessing is not an accolade which we share, one hardly needs to be Ivan Pavlov to recognise that anyone who actually enjoys the misery of others, has a bit of a problem.

Al
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Well, leaving aside the fact that amongst other qualifications, I have a B.Sc. in Psychology, which I'm guessing is not an accolade which we share, one hardly needs to be Ivan Pavlov to recognise that anyone who actually enjoys the misery of others, problem has a bit of a problem.

Al

hey chock my insurance company cant find cryptic peech in their system - are you covered under my health insurance because i took that test you sent me and i think i have the psychopaths btu when i googled it it said i need medication and the insurance company cant find cryptic peach in theyre system

wahts your offices adress so i can give it to my insurance company

also if you are a doctor how do you find time to be a GM too? also, can't you just say all the goonies are crazy and have them commented to a mental institution so they cant play video games anymore because if tis anything like prison they won't let them use the internet or even have cell phones or play video games online like world of warcraft or start treck online so they couldnt brake games

why arent you answering my pms

Al
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Yes doesn't equate to consent if the person was tricked into it. They consented to what was promised, not to what was instead given.

You see, if they say yes after being interrogated or tortured or given a rufie, than its not really a yes.

So this is exactly like this because like real life... hurrrrrrr
    edited February 2010
    And these klingon players didn't think free credits and prizes for going to some random bridge they don't know the owner of was a bad idea?

Tell you what, you go get yourself a white panel van, park outside an elementary school, and tell kids you have candy inside and see what kind of reaction you get.

Please use only sugar-free candy.
    edited February 2010
    they told me we could do missions so i joined, i didnt know i would be dieing for 2 hours straight !! and then they said i could go and then they still killed me and lied again for 2 hours straight....... i think lieing should be banned also bcause without lieing then i would have been stuck on that birdge and people would be nice and not mean and these guys are just mean guys
    edited February 2010
    TuxedoJack wrote: »
    hey chock my insurance company cant find cryptic peech in their system

Al

Well it would help if you actually knew how to spell Peach, for one thing. I guess that would be a start.

Al
    edited February 2010
    You see, if they say yes after being interrogated or tortured or given a rufie, than its not really a yes.

So this is exactly like this because like real life... hurrrrrrr

Are you implying that a decision made in a game by a person isn't real? The game isn't real, but the thought process and eventual decision is. To say otherwise is to imply that the person making the decision isn't real.
    edited February 2010
    ..............Tell you what, you go get yourself a white panel van, park outside an elementary school, and tell kids you have candy inside and see what kind of reaction you get.......

The reaction would be a visit from the police I expect........ And with my full support.
    Not the Best griefing analogy I have heard.....2 out of 10 ?
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Are you implying that a decision made in a game by a person isn't real? The game isn't real, but the thought process and eventual decision is. To say otherwise is to imply that the person making the decision isn't real.

But you're not. You're all figments of my imagination, created for my pleasure. You don't really exist.
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Well, leaving aside the fact that amongst other qualifications,I am an internet doctor because I said so on the internet which I'm guessing is not an minor achievement considering most people have college educations or in the process of receiving a college education, one hardly needs to be a guy who I looked up on Wikipedia who just happens to be well known enough that these plebs will know who I am talking about to recognise that anyone who actually enjoys the misery of others in a video game and not real life, has a bit of a problem.

I signed my post to make it official because they must know that I am the dude who helps Sam on Quantam Leap

There, fixed that for you.
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Actually, if you read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that they were duped into accepting the invite, which makes it possible to question their consent to what happened to them. Which is why this is being argued as griefing. However, given that a GM gave the entire thing a pass and there has been no reprocussions, I'm lead to believe that this sort of event/behavior is permitted.

I imagine Earth spacedock is going to get very interesting in the next few days.
    yamato23 wrote: »
    they weren't able to get off the bridge, so they were trapped. i don't think they realized that when they accepted the invite. even i wouldn't have known that you could get stuck on someone else's bridge.

and a GM let them get away with it? seriously? what a shame.

They were in a PVP zone duped or not they should have enough brain power to figure out what was going to happen " Hhmmmm the opposing faction invited me over for a movie night WHEE sounds like fun" , they were in a PvP zone and what do you do in a PvP zone kill and harass the other faction in any way possible. All you saying they need to be baned need to grow up PvP is heartless thats the natural of it you get ganked griefed get over it and move on.
    edited February 2010
    There, fixed that for you.

Really, is that the best you can do, trying to put words in my mouth? I've already pointed out that there are some clever people behind this trouble. You are not one of them,

Al
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Really, is that the best you can do? I've already pointed out that there are some clever people behind this trouble. You are not one of them,

Al

There should be a . at the end of your post, not a ,

Jake Freedom

Al
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Really, is that the best you can do? I've already pointed out that there are some clever people behind this trouble. You are not one of them,

Al

But you are. Clever girl. :cool:

Jake Freedom
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    They were in a PVP zone duped or not they should have enough brain power to figure out what was going to happen " Hhmmmm the opposing faction invited me over for a movie night WHEE sounds like fun" , they were in a PvP zone and what do you do in a PvP zone kill and harass the other faction in any way possible. All you saying they need to be baned need to grow up PvP is heartless thats the natural of it you get ganked griefed get over it and move on.

the fact that you could be GRIEFED in ANY PART of the game should NOT be allowed. and the fact that GMs allowed it is even worse.
    edited February 2010
    And now we come down to picking up on typos. Really, I've come to expect better than that from you guys.

Al
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:

Fine, lets use real life analogies, because all internet nerd philosophers like these.

Say you were a Vietcong. And the Americans started spreading leaflets across your encampment promising free punch and pie to anyone who comes to the middle of the American base down the street.

Do I need to continue? If people accept invites from strangers and get blown up in the process, they should stop and think about what they are doing.

Unless they were roleplaying, then they could pretend like they are the heroic KLAGFGSSA'Q FLA, the hero of the seventh dynasty of the Klingonian 4th Reicht and charge in to battle and die with honor.
    edited February 2010
    Goonswarm makes 0.0 space in eve a pointless frustrating waste of time. These people live only to grief and annoy everyone else. Give these guys an inch they will take several miles. Either lay the Hammer on them now or they will get as out of hand as they are in eve.
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    And now we come down to picking up on typos. Really, I've come to expect better than that from you guys.

Al

You don't know us very well, though? I've never seen you before this thread!

JF
This discussion has been closed.