test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    No, but you better believe if they, and their buddies decide to sit there and have a bit of fun blocking that green light cycle after cycle after cycle ..just to make people mad..

what do you think is going to happen?

I bet the police who show up wont find it so entertaining.

Except in a real analogy the guy in the back can press a button and teleport to a non-blocked intersection. :cool:

AI
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also in a real analogy, the confused and frustrated victim will most likely not do the right thing ... if they did you wouldnt find it nearly as funny and you wouldnt have continued.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    No, but you better believe if they, and their buddies decide to sit there and have a bit of fun blocking that green light cycle after cycle after cycle ..just to make people mad..

what do you think is going to happen?

I bet the police who show up wont find it so entertaining.

when I find an object in my path instead of walking around it I just sit and wait and complain and try to get someone with more power than me to come and move it this is the correct fashion to conduct oneself in life

also what number do I have to call to get a hold of the time wasting police I could really use that information thanks in advance

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    Also in a real analogy, the confused and frustrated victim will most likely not do the right thing ... if they did you wouldnt find it nearly as funny and you wouldnt have continued.

With the amount of social degenerates running around these days in all likely hood the guy blocking the green light would get shot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    except we're making crappy analogies for the bridge thing here so the guy blocking the light is the guy with the gun

WHAT NOW
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Civilization As We Know It Has Come To A Halt Because Of A Guy With A Gun Parked In Front Of A Green Light Playing Star Trek Online And Trapping Klingons On His Bridge
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, and by the way, never once have I said the video wasn't funny. It's quite hilarious actually.

That doesn't make it right. It's an exploit, and its griefing.

peroid.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:
    except we're making crappy analogies for the bridge thing here so the guy blocking the light is the guy with the gun

WHAT NOW

whats analogies?

has the goons been banned yet chock?

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ashe59 wrote: »
    With the amount of social degenerates running around these days in all likely hood the guy blocking the green light would get shot.

"Likely Hood"? In a discussion about shootings, huh? Nice subtle racism there.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I agree. Their fleet leader is Swiss Knight, I think the GMs should have a stern word with him, or maybe a short ban is in order? He should take responsibility for his member's actions!!!!

Heh, irony.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TuxedoJack wrote: »
    whats analogies?
    i don't actually know it might be something butt related
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    You are confused.
    They may not have known that logging out would remove them from the situation. They may have assumed that they would relog back onto that players bridge.

Real loss is
    TIME

Which you have to PAY for or you can't play this game.

Therfore MONEY ..legal currency was involved.

Slippery slope if you start talking like that. You basically then eliminate the possibility of any type of competitive online gaming because the loser will always claim the winner caused him a time loss and should owe him for that.

Again, the most similar real world crime would possibly be "Disturbing the Peace". In the real world this gets you a few days in jail, or a fine and is a misdemeanor. Should be viewed as similarly and punished similarly in-game (ie 1-2 days bannage and a mark on the account).

Im not arguing that they werent acting out or misbehaving, just advocating that the measure of the response should be equal to the strength of the crime.

In your world I would imagine you would toss a bunch of loud mouth kids in prison for life just for knocking a few trash barrels over or playing loud music in the street ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "Likely Hood"? In a discussion about shootings, huh? Nice subtle racism there.

Al

Funny , what's racism have to do with bad spelling ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpockOn wrote:
    It's an exploit

I agree. Ban bridges!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its a game. Anybody who didn't like being blown up over and over could have changed instances.

And while the Bridge of Death did trap people in a dungeon of space-pain it was also really hilarious. Besides, there were 30 dental members having fun, and 10 klingons at any one time not having fun. So, on average more people were having fun then not having fun.

THAT IS MATHMATICAL PROOF

Even the devs were cool about it, and while they didnt engage in our epic roleplay session I feel that they too had a good time.

P.S. My uncle is the top Chef at Paramount and hangs out with Roddenberry all the time and he says its fine.

Sounds like a loser trying to justify their actions.

If your uncle hangs out with Roddenberry I guess he is dead also. Very strange family you have there...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Apparently, it was just a bit of fair deal fun. Don't really understand the annoyance. If you drop out of the game for like 10 minutes and relog, you should find yourself back in space, no?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fun at other's expense (when they dont want to be there and have no way to leave) is griefing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i was acaught in the birdge of death and iw as trying 2 get out and they kept tellingme i could go but then they kept shooting and i didnt know what to do so i wasted about 2 hours trying to get out of the stupid birdge and i want cryptic to kno that this kind of gameplay is absolutely not the kind that should be tolerated by any stretch of the means i mean why would anyonw want to go to a birdge and sit their and die for hours over and over and over and over again????? it makes no sense why would you even program this into your grame cryptic please fix this and ban everyone who made me lose all my time i lost the only tme of the week i could play this game so i have to wait until next week to play now and i paid so much money for the game which id ont even have enough to pay for food anymore so i bought the game instead and now i cant eat and i cant play either why would you do this cryptic i dont understand how anyone could do this to ap yaing customrer like me this is just incenoneviable and i wont stand for it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny , what's racism have to do with bad spelling ?

The "hood" is a colloquial name for the "ghetto" in African-American Vernacular English. Thus "likely hood" alludes to that if you were shot, it would be likely that only a poor black male would do so. That you would believe that would be subtle enough to "fly under the radar", so to speak, is shocking.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fun at other's expense (when they dont want to be there and have no way to leave) is griefing

Hey if you're shooting klingons that's griefing me, because I was going to shoot them and now I can't. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Is anyone really arguing that this isnt griefing? Clearly it is. The argument I think is over the severity of the situation and I think its almost more humorous how serious some folks are taking this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What I fail to understand is why GMs would be "cool" about this at all (assuming they even were and this isn't yet a further Goon prank).

Many folks have come to STO precisely because it isn't Eve Online and this kind of stuff presumably wouldn't be tolerated.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hahaha goons are so funny.

this is their trick, their m.o. see they are trying to play this off as humor, but it is more sinistar. in one day they had 2 mass exploits which impacted several players in the game. i have heard that there were some klangons that deleted their characters in order to get off the bridge.

anyway, the gms has proven that they wont stop exploiters. here is the trackrecord:

1. removing shield indicator exploit - the devs have states this effects enemy AI. no bans
    2. multiple weapons per arc autofire- goons have posted how to perform this exploit, no bans
    3. self distruct - goons organized 100s of players to spam Sol killing bunches of player, no bans
    4. changing weapon color - exploit, no bans
    5. summoning enimy players to a federation bridge, no bans, gms went along with it!
    6. tribble breeding exploit - no bans
    8. market maniupuation to drive up prices of crafting items, no bans

these arent just funny people having fun they are trying to destory the game as they have in other games. there is a reason they hang out on a website called somethingawful.com and 4chan!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OddjobXL wrote: »
    What I fail to understand is why GMs would be "cool" about this at all (assuming they even were and this isn't yet a further Goon prank).

Many folks have come to STO precisely because it isn't Eve Online and this kind of stuff presumably wouldn't be tolerated.

i bet there are gm/devs in the goon guild or are members of somethingawful.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    First off, WOW www.starfleetdental.com AWESOME.....I have to get a crown on Monday, can I schedule an appointment?

Secondly, my klingon was victom of this, and I found it quite funny. Eventually I rez'd, rolled between the two engineer shields and reached the door with 1/16th of life left.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hahaha goons are so funny.

8. market maniupuation to drive up prices of crafting items, no bans

You can't prove that's goons. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While I think it's griefing and shouldn't be allowed, it's the devs fault it happens, why isa klingon allowed on the bridge of a starfleet ship and why did abandon ship hurt any other players not in combat.

That said, I think the two admitted goons here are funny as hell and I applaud them for keeping up this troll thread for so long. I can't imagine how they've kept straight faces typing half this stuff.

Keep goin goons.

And to the non-goons at least now the devs have proof that something like this can and will happen and now it'll be changed. It's just an elaborate bug report :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Titanten wrote: »
    That said, I think the two admitted goons here are funny as hell and I applaud them for keeping up this troll thread for so long. I can't imagine how they've kept straight faces typing half this stuff.

Keep goin goons.

Hey now, not all of us dentists are goons, okay? I'm just standing up for my colleagues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i dont care if it was a bug or not why did the gms not car that i spent 2 hours trying to get off the birdge and they wouldnt even let me go even though one guy kept saying i could go and then they kept shooting me and killing me and i never could get to the door even though they said i could go i was sitting there crying trying to figure out how to elave the birdgei hate this game and i hate that i couldnt leave whwn i wanted to the gms have some explaining to do

i wont rest until

1. every goon is banned
    2. ship birdges are disabled
    3. saelf destruct is disabled
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kailtor wrote: »
    i dont care if it was a bug or not why did the gms not car that i spent 2 hours trying to get off the birdge and they wouldnt even let me go even though one guy kept saying i could go and then they kept shooting me and killing me and i never could get to the door even though they said i could go i was sitting there crying trying to figure out how to elave the birdgei hate this game and i hate that i couldnt leave whwn i wanted to the gms have some explaining to do

i wont rest until

1. every goon is banned
    2. ship birdges are disabled
    3. saelf destruct is disabled

Post in the subscriber forums - bug report so a GM can see it. Just make a new thread detailing your experience.
This discussion has been closed.