test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    Correction. We're all psychopaths. One percent of the general population are really/really bad at faking things. :cool:

That's not a bad attempt at defending being one, quite clever in fact, but unfortunately cleverness was never in question. So I doubt experts in the field would agree with it as a genuine theory, primarily because it isn't an assertion supported by the scientific tests for such diagnosis. And if you doubt that, I dare you to take the test in question. You can do that here by the way, which, whilst not a comprehensive test, is one you might learn something from:

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

You might not like it, it's often the case that people rarely appreciate having an unpalatable truth pointed out to them, but it is often a step forward in terms of character development. I daresay in this matter, such people are more used to others crying about such actions rather than expressing sympathy, since that is the goal they seek. Entirely understandable too, since it does nothing for one's ego, unlike the crying response that is sought, which would indeed gratify someone with the disorder in question.

The definition fits the action, and attempting to dismiss it with a glib statement is not going to change that simply because someone wishes it so. I am not personally upset by these actions, since I see them for what they are, and although, as in life, I would certainly prefer a status quo in STO whereby they were not possible, as it is, you have my sympathy if the definition fits.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i wanna join sf dental :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why would Cryptic take any action against them they did nothing wrong they other player accepted the invite .
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Haha, thank God for Starfleet Dental.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    momurda wrote: »
    ROFL that was the funniest thing ive seen in awhile.... I dont know why you all are yelling ban ban ban they did nothing against the TOS... God forbid people actaully get to have fun in this game.

Griefing is most certainly against the rules. They all need to be banned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You're griefing my enjoyment of this thread right now. Maybe you should be banned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even the ones who weren't online at the time, just to be sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khodan wrote:

Anyone who accepted an invite to this thread is responsible for its consequences.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khodan wrote:

Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    That's not a bad attempt at defending being one, quite clever in fact, but unfortunately cleverness was never in question. So I doubt experts in the field would agree with it as a genuine theory, primarily because it isn't an assertion supported by the scientific tests for such diagnosis. And if you doubt that, I dare you to take the test in question. You can do that here by the way, which, whilst not a comprehensive test, is one you might learn something from:

You might not like it, it's often the case that people rarely appreciate having an unpalatable truth pointed out to them, but it is often a step forward in terms of character development. I daresay in this matter, such people are more used to others crying about such actions rather than expressing sympathy, since that is the goal they seek. Entirely understandable too, since it does nothing for one's ego, unlike the crying response that is sought, which would indeed gratify someone with the disorder in question.

The definition fits the action, and attempting to dismiss it with a glib statement is not going to change that simply because someone wishes it so. I am not personally upset by these actions, since I see them for what they are, and although, as in life, I would certainly prefer a status quo in STO whereby they were not possible, as it is, you have my sympathy if the definition fits.

Al

oh cool an online self-diagnosis test this truly puts the nail in the coffin thanks chock

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    don't make fun of al's amateur psychology hour he's very serious about doing goofy stuff in games meaning you're an axe murderer in waiting
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    -3- wrote:
    oh cool an online self-diagnosis test this truly puts the nail in the coffin thanks chock

Al

But he thinks I'm clever. I think I'm in love. :D

AI
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As noted, I did point out is it by no means comprehensive as a test. But should someone question their own motives for actions in which enjoyment is gained by the misery of others, outside of the game mechanic and the way it is intended to be played, then they may possibly learn something about themselves by a bit of a look in the mirror to determine if they like what they see.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:

Al
    Your qualifications are not recognized by any board of professionals affiliated with, or recognized by, Starfleet Psychiatric.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    posting in a goonswarm thread \o/
    Typical though,
    Goons show up ,24hrs later theres a interesting 41 page thread to read :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    people are actually thinking this is in by no means griefing? how disappointing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

They mostly come out at night .........mostly
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:

Al

I didn't read a single word of your post, but I know you're speaking TRIBBLE.

Thanks!

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But he thinks I'm clever. I think I'm in love. :D

AI

I don't think you are clever, I know you are clever. But there are numerous horrendous characters from history who were also clever. Thus cleverness in itself is not an admirable quality, what we can find admirable is if one uses such intelligence in an altruistic manner, rather than one which may hurt others.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A video of this nature is the worst of things for reasons of many types. If child see such thing, maybe they hurt self :eek: when try do push-up so fast! Child is not know cannot do such thing, so might try, might maybe be die from do much pushing. Is not so funny now, hmmm?

Maybe, also, child is try play of extinguish from fire, spray cat, or maybe pet bird with, and then is not around for when other thing catch fire!! Many times a child make Ramen Cup-O-Soup but catch fire to burn home; this video contain image of child play with fire and could make for bad soup make problem. Why is not show proper safety ways, if is in Starfleet? :confused:

Katiebug say to all child read this, DO NOT PLAY fire extinguish, and are not Flash, Quicksilver or other person who wear costume to speedily run, so do not o too fast pushup!!! :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    Why would Cryptic take any action against them they did nothing wrong they other player accepted the invite .

I was in an instance defending a planet the other day and there was a guy who kept blowing up his ship and I was taking damage from it. As I auto joined the instance and didn’t have a choice in the mater, had it persisted, I would have felt like it was grieving.

At Sol when I saw what was going on I just steered clear of it and went on about my business. I think Self Destruct should be but on a long cool down to discourage this sort of thing.

In most games that I have played corpse camping is frown upon. The bridge thing, in my opinion, is a form of corpse camping. It is more faults of game mechanics than anything else and Cryptic should fix it.

These boys have simply found a couple of exploit that Cryptic needs to fix. No one that wasn’t there should be to upset with these guys, besides at one point you can see a Gorn and possible a Klingon dancing with them.

Hate to bring up WOW but there faction messaging barrier would have prevented the bridge thing from going on. We shouldn’t be allowed to invite the Enemy over for tea.

Cryptic Needs to fix this not penalize these guys for exposing it. If they hadnt someone else would have.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yamato23 wrote: »
    people are actually thinking this is in by no means griefing? how disappointing.

If they pulled them off their own bridge then yes i would call it griefing but those players accepted the invite on to the Fed ship in a PvP zone they got what was coming to them for not using their brains.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cthulhuite wrote: »
    I didn't read a single word of your post, but I know you're speaking TRIBBLE.

Thanks!

Al

And I read every word of yours, which certainly served to confirm my suspicions.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont' agree with grieving or corpse camping, but anyone with any experience playing MMO's has had it happen to them. I don't condone anything of that nature.

I did think it was a funny video though...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    I don't think you are clever, I know you are clever. But there are numerous horrendous characters from history who were also clever. Thus cleverness in itself is not an admirable quality, what we can find admirable is if one uses such intelligence in an altruistic manner, rather than one which may hurt others.

Al

Finally someone understands goons and the threat to this game. they have a collective groupthink which causes them to feed upon each other. it starts out simple like this and degrades into somethimg more sinistar. as time goes on they try to oneup each other doing more and more dasterdly deeds. today it is klingons, tomorrow it will be them finding a way to bring kingon ships into federations space or hijaking bridges.

the sad thing is that most of them are smart just misguided. there is indeed somethong awful about people that get their jollies at the expenses of others.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:

Al

Where have I hurt anyone, though? I think you're jumping to conclusions here.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    As noted, I did point out is it by no means comprehensive as a test. But should someone question their own motives for actions in which enjoyment is gained by the misery of others, outside of the game mechanic and the way it is intended to be played, then they may possibly learn something about themselves by a bit of a look in the mirror to determine if they like what they see.

Al

So, whats the diagnosis for someone who tries to analyze people's personalities through their actions in a video game and then goes on and on about it in large paragraphs as if they are experts?

My diagnosis for you is that you are probably a self diagnosed aspie with a bit of narcissism who thinks they are above the simple pleasures in life because they think they are refined. How did I come to this conclusion? I use this online cheetoh finger analyzer that senses the amount of high fructose corn syrup, dandruff flakes and dirt under the nails of MMO players. I also used the new room analyzer that checks for how many empty Mt. Dew cans and Hot Pocket holders are in someone's room.

In short, stop judging others personality traits in quasi-social internet situations and go post about something that actually matters.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J.Jaxin wrote:
    I was in an instance defending a planet the other day and there was a guy who kept blowing up his ship and I was taking damage from it. As I auto joined the instance and didn’t have a choice in the mater, had it persisted, I would have felt like it was grieving.

At Sol when I saw what was going on I just steered clear of it and went on about my business. I think Self Destruct should be but on a long cool down to discourage this sort of thing.

In most games that I have played corpse camping is frown upon. The bridge thing, in my opinion, is a form of corpse camping. It is more faults of game mechanics than anything else and Cryptic should fix it.

These boys have simply found a couple of exploit that Cryptic needs to fix. No one that wasn’t there should be to upset with these guys, besides at one point you can see a Gorn and possible a Klingon dancing with them.

Hate to bring up WOW but there faction messaging barrier would have prevented the bridge thing from going on. We shouldn’t be allowed to invite the Enemy over for tea.

Cryptic Needs to fix this not penalize these guys for exposing it. If they hadnt someone else would have.

Sorry I should have made my post more clear I was talking about the Bridge Klingon BBQ.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also the tribble exploit as posted on their dental forums (told you i had access hahaha)
    If you keep one of each type of 72% food in your inventory and allow them to be consumed in any order, without any cheaper foods being consumed in between, the final tribble will be the Rivera (which is the only 3x buff tribble, otherwise only available as a game edition gift.)

The two main difficulties with this are:
    - a few 72% foods are difficult to find
    - you cannot log out while in this process or it will reset, meaning that the chain of food your tribbles already consumed will be reset. In all other tribble breeding this isn't an issue as the breeding timer simply resumes, but for this breeding it is critical. So it requires multiple hours of uninterrupted connection to accomplish this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    If they pulled them off their own bridge then yes i would call it griefing but those players accepted the invite on to the Fed ship in a PvP zone they got what was coming to them for not using their brains.

Actually, if you read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that they were duped into accepting the invite, which makes it possible to question their consent to what happened to them. Which is why this is being argued as griefing. However, given that a GM gave the entire thing a pass and there has been no reprocussions, I'm lead to believe that this sort of event/behavior is permitted.

I imagine Earth spacedock is going to get very interesting in the next few days.
This discussion has been closed.