test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Hue Disabled!!!!!!!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So tala are you willing to accept a mod that allows you to have coloured weapons, that no one else has to look at?
    edited February 2010
    Like I said, yes I would, Because it's my visual experience that makes it fun for me.
    edited February 2010
    Talamakara wrote: »
    Like I said, yes I would, Because it's my visual experience that makes it fun for me.

Ok well I think it should be pretty easy to get a mod for that.... now, anyone around here who can tell us how? :D
    edited February 2010
    Ok well I think it should be pretty easy to get a mod for that.... now, anyone around here who can tell us how? :D

But i should say as long as it comes from cryptic officially.
    edited February 2010
    then i would accept it.
    edited February 2010
    Anyone else have anything constructive to add before i lit this thread fade?
    edited February 2010
    Dont worry, Cryptic will find a way to let us have any color phasers we want. They just haven't figured out how to charge us for them in the C-Store.
    edited February 2010
    Arcamedies wrote: »
    Dont worry, Cryptic will find a way to let us have any color phasers we want. They just haven't figured out how to charge us for them in the C-Store.

They actually can't do that cause it's a global command, if they did that everyone has it. It's an on or off feature from what i would guess. If they actually could sell it, they would need to add more code to the game which would be pointless.
    edited February 2010
    First, calm down. There is no point about freaking out, when in fact speaking assertively, yet reasonably would most likely boost your credibility.

Second, this isn't Champions Online. While pink phasers might be cool for Star Trek Babes Online, it does not fit with the intellectual property of Star Trek.

Well how about this then; Let us select what beam colors we want that are within Canon? Red Blue Orange for Fed and Teal Green Blue for Klingon?

At least give us that choice, even if we have to buy it at the C-Store.
    They actually can't do that cause it's a global command, if they did that everyone has it. It's an on or off feature from what i would guess. If they actually could sell it, they would need to add more code to the game which would be pointless.

To this I say Bee Ess! The code is already in place. All we need is specific address of weapon slots instead of the global ZERO... and Cryptic surely knows exactly what those addresses are.
    edited February 2010
    LOL To be honest this isn't freaking out, not even close. My credibility goes with my point not my verbal conjecture.

Second the game involves a great deal of customization, that should relate back the the modification of your ship as well. And brutally honest I don't care a bit about intellectual property.

Well to be brutally honest right back this game doesn’t evolve around your every whim. There are a great many of us who do care about the intellectual property and don't want to see it turned into power puff girls in space.
    edited February 2010
    Well to be brutally honest right back this game doesn’t evolve around your every whim. There are a great many of us who do care about the intellectual property and don't want to see it turned into power puff girls in space.

LOL the funny thing is, i'm not alone in wanting powerhue re-enabled.
    edited February 2010
    LOL the funny thing is, i'm not alone in wanting powerhue re-enabled.

You're not alone, sure, but you're pretty far away from being the majority. Just read back through your own thread here and take note of how many are for and how many are against. It's at least a 3:1 ratio to those who are against colored weapons.
    edited February 2010
    Didn't constitution class vessels fire pink phasers?

Or was that just in Klingon academy? >.>
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    You're not alone, sure, but you're pretty far away from being the majority. Just read back through your own thread here and take note of how many are for and how many are against. It's at least a 3:1 ratio to those who are against colored weapons.

Your right I am the minority, but that is totally irrelevant. Lets face facts. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, and i'm a very loud personality. I intend to do everything I can to get it back.
    edited February 2010
    People keep feeding the Tribble :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    People keep feeding the Tribble :rolleyes:

More like keep the topic alive
    edited February 2010
    I want it back as optional. A toggle to see or not see. All the people that don't want to, would by default not. All the people that want to, could once again be rid of the PINK brace for impact among all the other benefits. If you consider what you said 1 out of every 4 people is a lot of people wanting a feature.

The part I can't figure out is why all the against are so dead set on no compromise when the people for have always said optional is best so as not to interfere with the game play of the people that don't want it.... So quick to take away the joy of others because you don't want it, when others are will do without something they want until it can be modified as to not interfere with your game play. Interesting.
    edited February 2010
    Oh good grief..worried about IP? giveme a break, no canon would allow for Feds to equip enemy weapons and gear the way this game does, no canon would permit ship mods the way you do in this game and NO canon would allow you to mod your Uniform, or appearence so any argument that powerhue had to go because it broke canon is ridiculous and the product of a deranged sense of logic.
    edited February 2010
    Norry wrote: »
    I want it back as optional. A toggle to see or not see. All the people that don't want to, would by default not. All the people that want to, could once again be rid of the PINK brace for impact among all the other benefits. If you consider what you said 1 out of every 4 people is a lot of people wanting a feature.

The part I can't figure out is why all the against are so dead set on no compromise when the people for have always said optional is best so as not to interfere with the game play of the people that don't want it.... So quick to take away the joy of others because you don't want it, when others are will do without something they want until it can be modified as to not interfere with your game play. Interesting

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

-Gene Roddenberry

Love the signature btw. I agree 100%. Everyone who's always wanted it was willing to make it optional, but what gets me is it was always optional, you had to manually type out the command.

And honestly i never saw the problem.

Oh good grief..worried about IP? giveme a break, no canon would allow for Feds to equip enemy weapons and gear the way this game does, no canon would permit ship mods the way you do in this game and NO canon would allow you to mod your Uniform, or appearence so any argument that powerhue had to go because it broke canon is ridiculous and the product of a deranged sense of logic.

So true.
    edited February 2010
    I liked the options, pink phasers and a poof of pink smoke when I go boom that just brought a smile to my face every time I saw it. The only real reason I can get that the option was pulled was that color is a way to distinguish weapons fire quickly. Hence it was never given a gui like what is in champions.

I’d really like to cryptic step up and put it in right I get that it was the quickest way to fix what could be a problem. There are better solutions though they just take longer. They could take the time to stick the gui in and then create better icons for debuffs from weapons fire so I we don’t have to rely on the color so much. Or they could just give every weapon a different attack animation, like what’s been done with plasma’s beams and quantum torpedoes.
    edited February 2010
    GTFO its not coming back and im GLAD its NOT
    edited February 2010
    Are you sure?
    edited February 2010
    Are you sure?

*looks at avatar and wonders where hands are.....*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*RUNS!
    edited February 2010
    Think of it as an uncontrollable enjoyable disease.
    edited February 2010
    Are you sure?

Pretty sure.

If it ever does come back, it won't be until after they've coded UI for it (the command line just caused all kinds of weirdness, like changing your explosion color when you die), and that is likely to be a long while with all of the more pressing issues they have to spend time on.
    edited February 2010
    Your right I am the minority, but that is totally irrelevant. Lets face facts. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, and i'm a very loud personality. I intend to do everything I can to get it back.

Yeah keep being squeaky the Mods just love redunant post on deadhorse topics...no no they won't take action against you I swear. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    Yeah keep being squeaky the Mods just love redunant post on deadhorse topics...no no they won't take action against you I swear. :rolleyes:

Well Cryptic said the dirrection of the game would be based upon the community and what it wants in the long run, so whilst I dont agree with having coloured weps (apart from client side) the people who do want it still have every right to ask for it.
    edited February 2010
    Well Cryptic said the dirrection of the game would be based upon the community and what it wants in the long run, so whilst I dont agree with having coloured weps (apart from client side) the people who do want it still have every right to ask for it.

That doesn't mean they'll give us ponies to fly on in space if we want them. They're still confined to the general look and feel of the Star Trek IP. The more they move away from that the more they'll alienate the very people that made the IP popular.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they'll give us ponies to fly on in space if we want them. They're still confined to the general look and feel of the Star Trek IP. The more they move away from that the more they'll alienate the very people that made the IP popular.

Yeah thats fair enough, but I think these people should be given the option to see coloured weps client side (that we dont have to see) I think thats all they are asking for, so I dont mind them QQing about it, its not like I will be bothered by it.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »

And Paramount CBS is very nasty about coming down on those IP holders who don't respect the property, We just had a big discussion on this at the Vegas convention.