What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Hue Disabled!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    whine whine whine... if its not one thing its another... frikin babies hafte cry about everything..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would bank this on the IP side of things. Uniforms, they change all the time so that's cool, but phaser beams, photon torps and basic ship shapes are all pretty much set. I really cannot think if it as star trek if I'm shooting purple phaser beams...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    whine whine whine... if its not one thing its another... frikin babies hafte cry about everything..
    thanks for explain yourself so well.

I am done with this. Can't discuss anything with idiots and people with closed minds. I really expected better of Star Trek Fans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for explain yourself so well.

I am done with this. Can't discuss anything with idiots and people with closed minds. I really expected better of Star Trek Fans.

I think I made myself perfectly clear... I said it before and say it again.... no mather what they do with mmo's they can't please every whineing little B**ch out there and if they do the mmo will crash and burn like others that tried pleaseing every child out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I could care less as long as I didn't have to see it. Make it client side and both sides are happy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vexiom wrote:
    The concept of compromise implies that there is a need for one side to give concession to the other. This is not the case. Power hue is gone, never to return, so no compromise is required or even possible.

Actually we do have something we have to offer to the Developers as you do as well. It is our subscription fee. Admittedly I'm not going to quit immediately because they took away the shiney toy but it did alleviate some boredom. Therefore a compromise that keeps both parties that are currently in disagreement happy will continue to supply money to cryptic from both parties. In truth we have nothing to offer each other but we aren't solely compromising with you. *insert trolling comment here :D*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I paid for my blue phasers... you didn't.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes but your blue phasers become practically useless in combat scenarios after leuitenant commander.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CDR_Mat wrote:
    I paid for my blue phasers... you didn't.

Nuff said.

And I paid for a lifetime, and I think blue connie phasers are boring.

The servers went down last night, and they didn't add it back in. I'm hoping that when they bring them down tonight the command is reactivated. If not I think i'll start contacting cryptic directly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just want to make a point,. If you looke at the release notes right now it says:

Release notes for 2/5/15
    February 05, 2010
    General
      Disabled fonctionality of certain hidden unsupported commands (like respectpowertrees) that could irreparably break characters.

See i have no issue with not using things that could or could not damage the game. BUt i'd like to know if the power hue is part of that and if it too, could hurt the game. If so i'd stop pushing the issue.

BUT if powerhue can be used and not harm the game i'd like to see it implimented even as an official option.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CenterSeat wrote: »
    I could care less as long as I didn't have to see it. Make it client side and both sides are happy.

I don't want the changes client side only. I would greatly prefer it if the color changes themselves could be disabled client side. I personally want to be able to see other players color options. while those that don't want to see any of it can turn the feature off. the whole point of wanting powerhue back(for me) is to liven up the combat in the game....seeing the same colors everywhere you go just gets boring.
    I think I made myself perfectly clear... I said it before and say it again.... no mather what they do with mmo's they can't please every whineing little B**ch out there and if they do the mmo will crash and burn like others that tried pleaseing every child out there.

with this particular issue, it is pretty damn easy to appease both sides of the argument. This is why it is so frustrating to those of us that want it back in. The devs just outright removed it from the game without even attempting to look into other options. This is not an unreasonable request like major games changes or "nerfs" the typical "whiner" demands the devs to make.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    vinak wrote: »
    This is not an unreasonable request like major games changes or "nerfs" the typical "whiner" demands the devs to make.

I agree 100% and have said the exact same thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Talamakara wrote: »
    And I paid for a lifetime, and I think blue connie phasers are boring.

The servers went down last night, and they didn't add it back in. I'm hoping that when they bring them down tonight the command is reactivated. If not I think i'll start contacting cryptic directly.

and most likely they will laugh at you :)

really it's a cool feature and all but you are getting way to worked up over it. It's kind of creepy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The reason why i'm opposed to this is cause you dont realy know what types of weapons your opponents or teammates are firing... that throws off the balance and strategy aspect of the game. Also, why stop here.. may as well make quantum torps glow orange.... while we're at it. Nah, keep things the way they are now

And yeah, why get so worked up...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I agree 100% and have said the exact same thing.

Stop wasting any possible dev time contemplating or even entertaining the slightest chance that they may bring this up in roundtable or something.

Let the concentrate on the stuff that matters and not a mistake made.

It wont be coming back.

Go sob in a corner or something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [QUOTE=panzerbunny;1964021[snip]....Let the concentrate on the stuff that matters and not a mistake made.[/QUOTE]

yes lets do that...before all the stupid "you nerfed" stuff starts bringing back powerhue should be the focus! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But I like using a pink tachyon beam against Klingons in PvP.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Let the concentrate on the stuff that matters and not a mistake made.

It wont be coming back.

Go sob in a corner or something.

If it's something simple then there is no need to discuss it, put it back in, just do it, and if people don't like it, they don't have to use it. if people do like it they can use it and everyone can be happy, unless your one of the hardcores but then at the same time they're still complaining about customizing your uniform.

Lets put it this way, i have unlimited long distance in NA calling them won't cost me a thing and i will do my best to get this back.

"go sob in a corner" isn't very productive, but i bet you'd be the one sobbing in the corner or whining that i had purple phasers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lets put it this way, i have unlimited long distance in NA calling them won't cost me a thing and i will do my best to get this back.

Knock yourself out, man. I'll totally wait here eagerly for the results.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Uss_Hood wrote: »
    The reason why i'm opposed to this is cause you dont realy know what types of weapons your opponents or teammates are firing... that throws off the balance and strategy aspect of the game. Also, why stop here.. may as well make quantum torps glow orange.... while we're at it. Nah, keep things the way they are now

And yeah, why get so worked up...

Combat log. Learn to read it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bring Back Weapon Colors!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Then you give us horribly limited ship modifications, and when there is something fun to add a little character to an individuals ship, whether on purpose or not, you fing disable it. I don't know if you disabled it because everything in cannon was orange, red and blue for the federation and green for the rest of the universe but to be frankly honest i don't give a rats a$$.

I want to add more modifications to my ship, i want to change the color of my weapons, and i don't think a few whiny little babies on the forums who are either so geeky they live by cannon or so insecure about their own se xuality that someone with pink or purple phasers causes them concern. If I want a rainbow of colors coming out of my ship I should be allowed to have it!!!

Hi. Welcome to the real world. What you want is irrelevant.

Until you can prove to us that the corporate bigwigs at CBS/Paramount have approved the concept of pink phasers on Star Trek ships, with pink explosions, then all of the whining in the world isn't going to do any good.

I would almost guarantee that the custom-colored phasers was not a part of their license privileges and it would have been removed one way or another when the IP Hounds took a look at what was happening.

This isn't Mass Effect or some other new property that was just invented. It's Star Trek, a property that has been in existence for 4 decades, and which is controlled to a large extent for coherence and continuity (as best as possible with all the time traveling and multiple writers) and it is not Cryptic's to "play with as they choose".

The fact that the engine they used allows you to change powerhues does not mean that it was ever supposed to be, or was permitted to be, a part of the Star Trek universe.

Varied aliens of all different shapes and sizes is a canon occurrence.

Large TRIBBLE are a canon occurrence.

Ships that have similar designs and aren't extremely customized from one Starfleet or Klingon ship to the next is a canon occurrence.

Perhaps you felt you were playing another game, but this is Star Trek. Govern yourself accordingly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    or use my suggestion and follow the link in my signature
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LOL To be honest this isn't freaking out, not even close. My credibility goes with my point not my verbal conjecture.

Second the game involves a great deal of customization, that should relate back the the modification of your ship as well. And brutally honest I don't care a bit about intellectual property.

Yes, your very immature display certainly shows you don't care about intellectual property, you only seem to be thinking about yourself in your little self centred world where everything revolves around planet you, waiting for a reality check to come along and hit you upside the head.

There are far more people in this community who'd prefer the game stay within the bounds of its intellectual property. Also here's a tip, don't start or end sentences with “ lol”, that quickly shows all readers they're dealing with the typical immature bed room teenager who think they know it all and opinions matter more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am not opposed to giving people the option of seeing whatever colour they want on thier personal PC. But I dont really care for seeing a mishmash of garish colours and explosions while I am playing the game.

Seems the best of both worlds to give those who want coloured weapons the option to do so client side.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, your very immature display certainly shows you don't care about intellectual property, you only seem to be thinking about yourself in your little self centred world where everything revolves around planet you, waiting for a reality check to come along and hit you upside the head.

There are far more people in this community who'd prefer the game stay within the bounds of its intellectual property. Also here's a tip, don't start or end sentences with “ lol”, that quickly shows all readers they're dealing with the typical immature bed room teenager who think they know it all and opinions matter more.

And you think just cause the masses want it out it should stay out. The masses wanted George W. Bush twice in a row, look what that did for the states. Sometimes following the leader isn't the way things should be done.

Immature display... then you make comments related to acts of assult to prove your point. You want to alk about immaturity, but I digress.

In the end I am no more self centered than you for wanting what I want.

Now as to the intellectual property, your right I don't care, it's a video game it's suppose to be fun, not intrisic rules of the star trek universe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Seems the best of both worlds to give those who want coloured weapons the option to do so client side.

They have that option, get modding.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Merls wrote:
    They have that option, get modding.

Seems that Tala and Co have thier answer then.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So Tala, would you be happy to accept a re-working where no one else see's the colour weapon you fire, apart from yourself?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kuber wrote:
    1)Hi. Welcome to the real world. What you want is irrelevant.

2) Until you can prove to us that the corporate bigwigs at CBS/Paramount have approved the concept of pink phasers on Star Trek ships, with pink explosions, then all of the whining in the world isn't going to do any good.

3) I would almost guarantee that the custom-colored phasers was not a part of their license privileges and it would have been removed one way or another when the IP Hounds took a look at what was happening.

4) This isn't Mass Effect or some other new property that was just invented. It's Star Trek, a property that has been in existence for 4 decades, and which is controlled to a large extent for coherence and continuity (as best as possible with all the time traveling and multiple writers) and it is not Cryptic's to "play with as they choose".

5) The fact that the engine they used allows you to change powerhues does not mean that it was ever supposed to be, or was permitted to be, a part of the Star Trek universe.

6) Varied aliens of all different shapes and sizes is a canon occurrence.

Large TRIBBLE are a canon occurrence.

7) Ships that have similar designs and aren't extremely customized from one Starfleet or Klingon ship to the next is a canon occurrence.

8) Perhaps you felt you were playing another game, but this is Star Trek. Govern yourself accordingly.

1) The squeaky wheel gets the grease, in this case what i and lots of others want is to be able to rotate the color of our weapons, which isn't out of canon. As someone pointed out "Best of both worlds" Episode 1 when they rotate the phaser frequency.

2) Irrelevant. CBS/Paramount needs to approve nothing. This is a game and may be their intellectual property, but face facts. Cryptic paid for the game and every time you or I buy a copy CBS gets a cut. You really think in all likelihood they even care in the slightest?

3) again see 2.

4) As i've pointed out in other posts, the whole thing about star trek, the very essence of it's nature is about growth and change. You wanna say that it's a 40 year old genre and shouldn't be changed, then you never got the point to star trek even in the slightest. In fact John DeLancy as Q said it best.
    "The trial never ends. We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizon, and for one brief moment you did.... For that one fraction of a second you were open to options you had never considered, that is the exploration that awaits yous...but charting the unknown possibilities of existence"

And really if your not willing to open your mind to change than you need to watch the entire series from episode one of TOS to the last episode of Voyager and maybe realize this.

5) again seee the power rotation of the phasers in "The best of both worlds" Episode 1.

6) Varied... please large breats are not part of canon, i'm even going to begin to explain.

7) Your right ship and fleet designed were canon occurance, but as i've said if you hold on to the past you will never reach the future.

8) Govern myself accordingly... I believe as i am willing to accept grown and change for the future I am governing myself accordingly.
    So Tala, would you be happy to accept a re-working where no one else see's the colour weapon you fire, apart from yourself?

Yes i would.