Install Arc
Options

Power Hue Disabled!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Talamakara wrote: »
    Some people say davinci was a horrible painter. That don't stop them from hanging his painting in the lueve(sp) in Paris. Just cause you think it's bad is not a real reason. Just cause you don't like the ford escape is not reason enough for ford to stop producing it..

Difference is, you want to force everybody to the same tastes you have
    Actually if you read through the posts YOU TYPED you would remember I originally agreed to putting in a mod so i could see it alone. But you and others still refused to compromise, so why should I? Don't going around calling me a hypocrite when your the one trying to dance in circles around the topic.

And how would these people stop you from using a mod in order to see your colourfull beams?, and you intend to 'punish' us all, because a few people refused to compromise with you? I and many others could not care less if you had a mod to get what you want, infact we would probably be happy for you.

This is all irellevent anyway, because it will never happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Difference is, you want to force everybody to the same tastes you have

And how would these people stop you from using a mod in order to see your colourfull beams?, and you intend to 'punish' us all, because a few people refused to compromise with you? I and many others could not care less if you had a mod to get what you want, infact we would probably be happy for you.

This is all irellevent anyway, because it will never happen.

No i was not going to force anyone to do anything. I was more than willing to have it so only I could see the colors but there are two things.
    1) You and other refuse to co-operate
    2) It's a lot simpler to turn power hue back on than ask cryptic to make whole new code for it. And as i said with the exception of WoW every MMO i've ever heard of sees most mods as attempts to hack the system and will never allow them to interact with your program locally or server side.

And would it really be so bad if someone could have any color phaser they like, i don't think so. The way it is the colors of phasers get boring. I'd probably change my colors on a weekly basis.

Actually i located cryptic's number and will call them on my next day off. You really think i'm stopping at these forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's a very good point I never thought of what it could mean for raid groups.[/QUOTAre we going to see raids of 30+? The most we've heard is 5.

I dont think it would be much of a benefit for organized fighting unless the fighting is on a large scale, which it isn't.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's a very good point I never thought of what it could mean for raid groups.[/QUOTAre we going to see raids of 30+? The most we've heard is 5.

I dont think it would be much of a benefit for organized fighting unless the fighting is on a large scale, which it isn't.

The game is 3 weeks old, i say give it time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I doubt you'll be defeating the Queens cube with 6 ships.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ya know, Talamakara.
    If you weren't the person who first created this thread I'd swear your signature was a sarcastic way of saying you don't want PowerHue back. I think it pretty well describes exactly why people want it gone.

This ain't Rainbow Trek.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    Ya know, Talamakara.
    If you weren't the person who first created this thread I'd swear your signature was a sarcastic way of saying you don't want PowerHue back. I think it pretty well describes exactly why people want it gone.

This ain't Rainbow Trek.

Also describes why people want it back.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    people still have not accepted the fact yet? -.-

weapons are colored based off what the energy is that powers them, phasic energy, Plasma, or Tetryon alike, are all different colors, due to the fact they are different types of energy. You can never have Pink Plasma, or purple phasic energy. All these colors are part of Trek canon, and things like this along with costume design variances and ship design variances, have to meet certain requirements or CBS would be down their back faster then a Tribble reproduces.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    people still have not accepted the fact yet? -.-

weapons are colored based off what the energy is that powers them, phasic energy, Plasma, or Tetryon alike, are all different colors, due to the fact they are different types of energy. You can never have Pink Plasma, or purple phasic energy. All these colors are part of Trek canon, and things like this along with costume design variances and ship design variances, have to meet certain requirements or CBS would be down their back faster then a Tribble reproduces.

Prove ANY of what you just said. I can prove to you phaser frequencies change the colors (Best of both worlds part 1) Which in essence means plasma energy color can change too.

As to your precious canon, do you really think the uniforms would be allowed to change color, ah no.
    AND AGAIN you have to prove to me CBS / Paramount actually care. Because if they did, the uniforms would be problematic.

And again MISSED the entire point of star trek, if you believe you have to live by canon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Canon or no canon, its stupid and ruins the game.

Go play Rainbow Bright Online.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    St.Sinner wrote:

QFE

10chars
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    St.Sinner wrote:

QFE

10chars

Proof of people unwilling to co-operate.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Proof of people unwilling to co-operate.

Proof that you live in your own little rainbow world.

I know this must come as a shock, but some of us think the multicolored pink pew pew lasers is dumb, not fun, not creative, not entertaining, just stupid.

You just cannot stand someone not agreeing with you. It's also why you feel the need to post in this thread after its died several times. You must keep it going.

Its gone, I'm glad its gone. I hope it never resurfaces. Go buy a box of crayons and use your own imagination if you want silly colors coming out of starships. Nobody is stifling your own creativity.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh Jeesus, not another one. For F*%#'s sake Powerhue is GONE. You don't need fairy pink phasers unless you're a 12 year old girl. I hope threads like this get nuked.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm on the forums for 10 seconds. See this worn-out whine-thread. Read the last page. Apparently, someone tried to pretend this rainbow-phaser B.S. is Trek "canon?"

PLEASE SOMEONE come here and TRY to show how NEON PURPLE PHASERS ON FED SHIPS IS CANON.

There is NO canon backing for why the Fed should be using neon purple phasers.

((and 1 time in a digital re-master of the '68 Enterprise having "purple" beams DOES NOT EQUAL "PROOF")) If that's the case, I'll offer proof that our ships should be held by strings, and you should be able to see the stars through them. (then again, I'm an honest debater, so I won't use 1968 TV FX as "evidence")

It would also help if you could show me where in the +100 years we saw Fed weaponry, where we saw anything but reddish/orange phasers. Constitution era had blue. As does the pre-order. When else?

Exactly.

Let it go, you non Trek fans.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The real issue is that game mechanics rely on players being able to discern types of energy damage based on the visual fx of the attack. It greatly impacts PVP as players need to quickly identify threats based on the type of damage or attacks they are using. From a design stand point, allowing color customization is the same problem as allowing a Borg cube to change costume into a Danube Shuttlecraft but deal the same amount of damage.

The second issue is, during numerous CBS approvals, we've reviewed details down to the types of labels on turbolift doors. I don't think purple or pink phasers are going to fly with them when we've been asked to update things far less noticeable than that.

It was a fun bug, but I really don't see this coming back. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dstahl wrote: »

Nor should it. Not because of the "CBS" excuse, though. If that were true, then we wouldnt be able to customize our uniforms the way we do. The real reason it shouldnt come back is because for every person saying bring it back, there are 5 saying dont. Even if the forums only reflect a minority of the playerbase, that still shows there are more people that dont want it than do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The second issue is, during numerous CBS approvals, we've reviewed details down to the types of labels on turbolift doors. I don't think purple or pink phasers are going to fly with them when we've been asked to update things far less noticeable than that.

Hah! I knew it!

I dunno why, just felt happy that my wild guessings were correct. Carry on now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! I've said that exact same thing in every one of these threads that has cropped up and someone always says "Where's your proof" or "CBS wasn't there" or some other non sense.

HERE'S YOUR PROOF PEOPLE. CBS SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!!

CBS Quality Control FOR THE WIN BABY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The second issue is, during numerous CBS approvals...

Anybody else picture a bunch of CBS executives, who probably haven't played an MMORPG in their lives, making decisions they have no business making? I would never want to be in those meetings.

[Edit: Yeah, I heard this was mainly a PVP issue...and they did warn that they chances where high it this would be going "bye bye". It was fun while it lasted. :D]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The real issue is that game mechanics rely on players being able to discern types of energy damage based on the visual fx of the attack. It greatly impacts PVP as players need to quickly identify threats based on the type of damage or attacks they are using. From a design stand point, allowing color customization is the same problem as allowing a Borg cube to change costume into a Danube Shuttlecraft but deal the same amount of damage.

Im feelin tha detail LOVE!!!!

Turbolift labels? Thats hardcore. Very cool indeed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Nonsense! This is a stupid excuse given by sore losers in pvp that has been rebuked eleventy-billion times.

Are you aware that polaron beams are purple?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rebuked

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Are you aware that Polaron beams aren't phasers?

It just doesn't fit with Star Trek.

Deal with it people, talking it over won't make the Devs change their mind (thank God.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Are you aware that Polaron beams aren't phasers?

Deal with it people, talking it over won't make the Devs change their mind (thank God.)

So what? They're still purple, they're still in the game. Therefore purple is a-ok.
    If pink isn't.. then remove the damn pink obtion. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Neither do the uniforms we have in game.

Thats not necessarily true:

"Great news! We previously mentioned that we might not be able to let you explore your ship interiors at launch. But your feedback really made it clear to us that being able to walk around inside your ship is a crucial piece of the Star Trek experience. With that in mind, you'll be able to walk around on your bridge at launch."

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=33614

All of that said, I still dont want rainbow phasers. I just dont support lame arguments :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nonsense! This is a stupid excuse given by sore losers in pvp that has been rebuked eleventy-billion times.

Show me Trek where the Federation used polaron beams.

Show me. I'm waiting.

Waiting.

:confused:

ps. my in-game name is "Sarnak." I'm still only a Captain. Look me up. I'll happily take on anyone here with my Fed-only weaponry, and assure you, won't do too damned bad! :D

This has NOTHING (for me) to do with PvP. I couldn't care less about PvP.

Why in the wandering fleet battles, most always ends up following me wherever I go? Even tonight, vs. the Dominion and Terrans, I had Admirals following my little Defiant? And I take out Majestic Sovereigns in 2 or 3 volleys?

Keep throwing out baseless insults in lieu of actual debating points.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ArykGrev wrote: »
    Show me Trek where the Federation used polaron beams.

Show me. I'm waiting.

Waiting.

:confused:

Um... in Star Trek Online? Is this a trick question? Or are you unaware that you can not only use Polaron beams, but Starfleet apparently has them in stock ready to hand out to it's captains right in Earth Starbase (it's where I get my level X Polaron stuff).
  • Options
    edited February 2010

PVP in this game is going to be so dull, if you know how to react to weapon fire. boring

As to CBS approvals, i don't believe it. Because honestly i don't believe you. I still intend to push this and i still intend to take it to cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even if the forums only reflect a minority of the playerbase,

This is almost always true, but for single player games. For a single player game only about 5% or 10% of people who buy it visit the forums for that game. MMO's however are different as a MMO player/customer expects to be part of a "Massive" community. As such the ratio of players of a MMO that register on the games forums is more like 50% to 60%. I think a lot of people tend to forget this.