What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Looks like this thread was taken off the sticky prematurely.

Once again Cryptic.

THE "DS9" UNIFORM IS NOT SHOWING UP ON THE LIST OF PARTS FOR FEMALE CHARACTERS OR BRIDGE OFFICERS!!! :mad:

Seriously.... i very rarely have to resort to caps lock, but it seems that this particular issue has been "completely" ignored by Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    For those that missed it. The missing female MU uniform and the Revised female TOS uniform have been added to the STO calendar officially as coming between April 22-30 as part of the Season 1.1 update.

(This info was added yesterday, so surprisingly not an April Fools prank)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow! 100% improvement!!! If they can impliment this change, this will do wonders for the community!!!

The graphic forget to mention the black stockings that should also be added, but I will over look that item if they can make the female uniform like this!

YES!!!!!! I cannot wait for this improvement. However I think they should keep the original design with the new one additionally, so females can wear the male TOS uniform as well. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Please fix the preorder Chromodynamic armor on Engineers and Science officers to actually show up on the player!

Please no lectures about how its useless after awhile, its the principle of the matter....that and its shiny...I WANNA SEE MY SHINY ARMOR!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Check out preview for Female TOS from Lead Artist Matt Highison:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2555778#post2555778

Lookin sweet!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just wanted to post a quick update:

New Female TOS uniforms should be heading to Tribble some time in the next few weeks. The new texture options we had to make for the new bare skin on the chest and legs is still in testing, so once those are ready we will put it up.

Preview screenshot attached.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Looks nice! But, females in skirts already have bare legs....? Is that shot minus the new texture options?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    missing textures like trill spots, alternative alien skin colours and things like the borg 'infected' look I believe he means.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    MightionNY wrote: »
    Looks nice! But, females in skirts already have bare legs....? Is that shot minus the new texture options?

The character in the screen shot doesn't have bare legs, though. She has what appear to be stockings/hose on. Therefore, I would guess that's a new texture that's being referred to.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    mhighison wrote: »

New Female TOS uniforms should be heading to Tribble some time in the next few weeks. The new texture options we had to make for the new bare skin on the chest and legs is still in testing, so once those are ready we will put it up.

Shiny!

Hopefully the earrings and earpiece are gonna be optional tho? They were pretty Uhura-specific :D

And are the old skirts going to stick around? They go better with basically everything else.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Shiny!

Hopefully the earrings and earpiece are gonna be optional tho? They were pretty Uhura-specific :D

And are the old skirts going to stick around? They go better with basically everything else.

I like the earrings, but will most likely do without the ear piece.

Last I heard, they're just adding these to the TOS uniform owners' list and keep the current ones. It might have changed, but I think we'll have the option to choose what we have now, and the new one when it comes out.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I never expected to say it was worth the wait. But you know, it was worth the wait. Love the extra mile you went adding the Uhura earplug. Cant wait to see this in game.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Destinii wrote:
    The character in the screen shot doesn't have bare legs, though. She has what appear to be stockings/hose on. Therefore, I would guess that's a new texture that's being referred to.

He said in the other thread that you'll be able to see things like Trill spots through the hose. I'm sure no one was expecting that. very neat.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Looks very good. Definitely much much much closer to the TOS uniform look than what we have now. Kudos.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    personae wrote:
    He said in the other thread that you'll be able to see things like Trill spots through the hose. I'm sure no one was expecting that. very neat.

That is impressive.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    personae wrote:

Definitely worth the wait! Now I can't wait to see the female TOS Mirror outfit!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Nice. And thank you for including the tights. Don't forget the hands, though. In that shot, they still look pretty flat, and really pale compared to the face and neck. And it'll be really apparent they're untextured if you've got a Saurian or one of the more alien plated/armored/scaled textures.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Why does Tribble so often crash on start up? Really puts the kybosh on my tribble testing. :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    exyle wrote: »
    Why does Tribble so often crash on start up? Really puts the kybosh on my tribble testing. :mad:

My guess is not enough quattro-triticale.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Will we have to pay to re-design our BOFF's already wearing the TOS outfit?

Then again, with such an improvement it's not like I'd begrudge a few credits to get them looking that much better...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Parrek wrote:
    Will we have to pay to re-design our BOFF's already wearing the TOS outfit?

Then again, with such an improvement it's not like I'd begrudge a few credits to get them looking that much better...

You don't already have enough EC to replicate the Moon? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Will we ever get Female Uniforms/Dresses with short sleeves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnML-z-MjtI

5:20-5:30
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    Looks very good. Definitely much much much closer to the TOS uniform look than what we have now. Kudos.

much closer? Well... if you ask me this is the REAL thing... at least as real as it will ever get in a computer game for the next... whatever... years.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Those should be part of the TNG show uniform sets.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The new Uniforms look Fan-freakin-tastic! Worth the wait for sure. I love the look of the Woman in the screenshot I may have to copy her.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nice job, Cryptic! The new TOS minidress looks outstanding!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Wow that was a painful clip to watch to see that. :D

Lets hope they never add Wesley's Rainbow outfit. But the non-reg special that Troi was wearing at the end looked pretty good.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I appreciate these FINALLY being made even though TOS uniforms were promised with Launch, however, the top is not right. The TOS tops have a dip in the opposite shape of the starfleet delta, not just a rounded opening. Please have the art team go back and do some better research
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, I think the art team is just trying their best to cover the bases for all the different requests. The outfit in that screenshot is a hybrid of three different TOS female uniforms (2 different duty uniforms and 1 dress uniform). No single TOS female outfit has all the details of the one in that screenshot (for instance - the wrist pattern + flared collar + black collar option simply didn't exist on the same uniform, and not all the collars went in the same direction or had the same design). There were at least five different TOS uniforms for females prior to the first motion picture.

I think they did a good job, however. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I like it.

I hope they leave the old one, also, though.

One of my Bridge Officers will wear the shirt/skirt and one will wear the one-piece.
This discussion has been closed.