What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay so it's been about a month since release and I've managed to accrue all the 'canon' uniforms STO has to offer. There are a few issues remaining however:

1) TOS female uniforms are wrong, they need to be updated, namely the shirt collar, the skirt (it should be a wrap), and the boots (should be knee high, not thigh high stripper boots): http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(mid_23rd_century-2265)

2) TWoK uniform features a blank sleeve (ensign) and a captain rank pin. The pips on the sleeve should correspond to the rank on the collar and there are no selectable ranks with these uniforms. See the late 23rd century - 24th century section: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_ranks

3) DS9 uniform does not feature the TNG movie commbadge making it impossible to create Voyager uniforms. Should be fixed: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(2366-2370s)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if anyone's still looking at this thread or not, but I've been trying to find out about the Wrath of Khan Uniform. I was told to either go on the forums for answers or ask players in game (but on a regular day, the amount of zone chat drowns out any queries).

The search engine's giving me a hard time, stating that 'Wrath of Khan Uniform' (as what StormShade used in the original post of this thread) has: The search term you specified (of) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.'

So it's making it hard to pin-point posts dealing with the Wrath of Khan uniform.

I'm sure it was supposed to be available with the Champions Online lifetime subscription, but it's been a while, and links to it are dead (such as in the News Archives for CO). I'd like to know if it was supposed to come with CO's lifetime, or if it was from another offer, such as a contest or a pre-order.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if anyone's still looking at this thread or not, but I've been trying to find out about the Wrath of Khan Uniform. I was told to either go on the forums for answers or ask players in game (but on a regular day, the amount of zone chat drowns out any queries).

The search engine's giving me a hard time, stating that 'Wrath of Khan Uniform' (as what StormShade used in the original post of this thread) has: The search term you specified (of) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.'

So it's making it hard to pin-point posts dealing with the Wrath of Khan uniform.

I'm sure it was supposed to be available with the Champions Online lifetime subscription, but it's been a while, and links to it are dead (such as in the News Archives for CO). I'd like to know if it was supposed to come with CO's lifetime, or if it was from another offer, such as a contest or a pre-order.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Mirror universe was CO lifetime, and it's not lost, it's prefered in the link in my sig,

WoK is from the Star Trek Blue Ray box
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you, nekollx :)

Star Trek Blue Ray? Is that from the JJ Abrams Star Trek, or was there a Blue Ray (disc) version of the game?
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Star Trek Blue Ray? Is that from the JJ Abrams Star Trek, or was there a Blue Ray (disc) version of the game?

i beliv it's of the original movies in a compilation, it will mention STO on it
  • Options
    edited March 2010

TOS Season 3 DVD is where I got my TWOK Uniform code. Blue Ray offered it also.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Any hope for correction of the TOS ladies outfit in the 45-day patch?

While I don't mind the placeholder skirts (they work well with the WoK jackets), they're just not the TOS outfits.

Adm. SJ's crew needs the 'scoop-me' boots (i.e. - unadorned, knee-high, with corresponding tights - not combat boots, not snowmobile boots, and not the MU thigh-highs Cryptic should have given to the CO lifetimers), the uniform minidress (lower neckline, higher hemline), and a B-52/beehive hair option.

Still concerned over this issue, resolving it would allow me to better overlook any of the other myriad sticking points (lack of ship models, skills disappearing from toolbars, typos in ship store and weapon descriptions, re-playablilty issues, no Romulan ship styles for the Kling side) that I have with this game.

Let's not let the developers let this drop. I'd be less miffed over Cryptic throwing these options into the C-Store if I'd actually received the selling point of the DDE that got me to purchase it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Philmosk wrote: »
    Any hope for correction of the TOS ladies outfit in the 45-day patch?

While I don't mind the placeholder skirts (they work well with the WoK jackets), they're just not the TOS outfits.

Adm. SJ's crew needs the 'scoop-me' boots (i.e. - unadorned, knee-high, with corresponding tights - not combat boots, not snowmobile boots, and not the MU thigh-highs Cryptic should have given to the CO lifetimers), the uniform minidress (lower neckline, higher hemline), and a B-52/beehive hair option.

Still concerned over this issue, resolving it would allow me to better overlook any of the other myriad sticking points (lack of ship models, skills disappearing from toolbars, typos in ship store and weapon descriptions, re-playablilty issues, no Romulan ship styles for the Kling side) that I have with this game.

Let's not let the developers let this drop. I'd be less miffed over Cryptic throwing these options into the C-Store if I'd actually received the selling point of the DDE that got me to purchase it.

they are working on it, but that's little consolidation for something we were PROMISED AT RELEASE
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The skirts work with the TWoK uni but they are still wrong too. TWoK skirts should have a red stripe down the side like the pants.

The sleeve of the TWoK uni is supposed to have rank, yrs in service, and commendations. It would be cool if you could add you Badges of Exploration or something, along with rank to the sleeve.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    they are working on it, but that's little consolidation for something we were PROMISED AT RELEASE

...and PAID EXTRA for. It was the selling-point that convinced me to get the DDE over the normal edition.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is there any way to make your character look nacked by matching the skin color to the clothing color, I've tried a couple times when making my charachter but never found colors that matched. Does anyone know if there is a correct color for the skin and clothing to make ones avatar look naked?:cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No but the cat suit T'Pol wears is completely possible if you have access tot he TOS mens tops.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or is there only one shoulder pad available for Orion Males?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It would be cool if we can use any communicator with any uniform choice. I want to use the TNG movie communicator badge with the DS9 uniform option but it's currently set up so we can't do that. Please make it so, I really want to get the Star Trek Voyager look with the appropriate comm badge.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Some of these may already be known. Others may not have been mentioned as of yet. I just wanted to give a complete list of the options that I personally am missing and would like to see fixed soon.

Female TOS uniforms should be the actual TOS female uniform, not the male version on a female. This means that the top and skirt should appear as one piece, the top should be V cut and the boots should be the proper knee high gogo boots.

Mirror Universe uniforms should be available for females. These also should be the proper female version of the uniform, not the male version.

Mirror Universe Captain's uniform should be available. This means the muscle shirt/vest that Kirk wore, not a recolored version of the one Spock wore. This should be available for both male and female officers.

Mirror Universe Badges, Rank Insignia and Sash should be available for the TOS uniforms. As lesser officers (McCoy, Scott) and crewmen wore the standard TOS uniform with these Mirror Universe bits on them, those bits should be available for the TOS uniform.

TNG uniform collars need their color matched more consistently with the rest of the uniform.

TNG Badges need to be better placed. Currently the front part floats slightly above the field, which floats slightly off the chest. These need to be lined up so that they attach to each other properly.

DS9 and TNG Movie Ranks need to be better lined up on females. Currently anything of a higher rank than Ensign clips into the collar.

Full Borg uniform should be available for Borg Captains. This is available for the Borg BOffs but not for any Borg Captains, neither Federation nor Klingon. These need to be added.

Full Klingon TOS uniforms should be available. This includes the Hairstyles, the TOS Klingon head options the Pants and the Boots. And the option to remove the Collar needs to be available in order for the TOS top to look right.

Female Klingon TOS uniforms should be available. Again these should be the proper female version of the uniforms.

Mirror Universe options should be available for Klingons. Currently Klingons have no Mirror Universe options.

Female Klingons need more options. Also, the Collar needs to be removable on all uniforms, especially on the Borg BOffs, which for some reason have a Collar even when they are wearing the full Borg uniform.

This is all stuff I'm still wanting fixed, especially since I hear we're getting more costume slots.
    Also, what about BOffs? Do they get extra costume slots too? Will they?

Edit: Added Klingon grievances.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Female TOS/Mirror Universe uniforms is the last item listed on the latest Engineering Reports. Which I guess puts it still way down the pipeline. But at least its in the pipeline. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    personae wrote:
    Female TOS/Mirror Universe uniforms is the last item listed on the latest Engineering Reports. Which I guess puts it still way down the pipeline. But at least its in the pipeline. *sigh*

always nic to know the items we PAID EXTRA for are a after thought
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    After talking to Matt - here is precisely what we mean:
    • TOS Female Miniskirt with the lower neckline. This will most likely still be 2 pieces due to the way the costume editor functions but we will do our best to blend it so that it looks more like the one piece.
    • TOS Mirror Universe bare midriff top with angled skirt.

Nice to know they have the TOS Minidress on the list. No mention of the seams and proper boots as in Darkjedi's example. I hope the artist is aware of these important details...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have a few things to add about the uniforms. The TNG Show uniforms "Black" isn't really black, it shows as gray. Also, on the standard uniforms B1 I think, while the black is pretty good. That Sector 6 guy's is MUCH blacker.

As for other uniforms, will they be available for everyone to buy later on? I only have the default ones, TNG, VOY, and DS9 uniforms.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    RockMax wrote: »
    I have a few things to add about the uniforms. The TNG Show uniforms "Black" isn't really black, it shows as gray. Also, on the standard uniforms B1 I think, while the black is pretty good. That Sector 6 guy's is MUCH blacker.

in the color chart, pick the swatch in the bottom left corner.. that is pure black
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ya, that's what I'm using. That isn't pure black. My normal B1 uniform I guess I can live with. But my TNG uniform with that black turns up gray.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    RockMax wrote: »
    Ya, that's what I'm using. That isn't pure black. My normal B1 uniform I guess I can live with. But my TNG uniform with that black turns up gray.

Maybe it's your graphic settings?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Recently I discovered when I made rear Admiral, that the Uniform set "TNG Movie Style" does not display the Admiral Rank pins correctly... there is just a grey box around my neck in the front.

Help?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I understand the whole promotional thing being designed to get customers to pay more money for the same
    content, albeit with a few extra promotional items to justify the cost. The customer after all has to feel like
    he or she is getting their money's worth.
    But wouldn't it have been easier to just make all the extra's available in the C-Store? Cryptic would still be getting paid for the content, because we the customer still have to buy our points. Then we could pick and
    choose exactly what content we would like to have for our ships, crews, and fleets, and disregard what
    we don't want, or need.
    I for example, would love to have the extra uniform options, or the species mentioned (Borg BO, Joined Trill, Etc; ), or even the Runabout would be nice ( I may never use it, but nice just the same.) but there is no way I'm going to go back and purchase two or three versions of the game in order to get this extra content, that
    would be crazy, and I ain't no trust fund baby. I have to work hard to pay for everything I have, including both my subscriptions to Cryptic Studios, one for Champions and one for Star Trek Online!
    Come on Cryptic, let's get it right and keep it simple at the same time!..;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Haddacall has a valid point. Although being no stranger to the Japanese market and culture, sadly buying different and multiple versions of TRIBBLE, and TRIBBLE you don't even need just to get the rare item is how they base their economy! hahaha
    But this is America, and I don't go for that! Seriously, if they stocked the C-Store with a bunch of cool stuff, I'd buy it.

As for what 000Feeder said, the game does tell me that my drivers are out of date, but my graphics are pretty much incredible and don't think they can get much better! So I don't know what the problem is, I mean it's black on one uniform, but not black on another.

This is what I mean, here is my character in his 2 uniforms side by side:

My Character
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We've seen lots of questions about missing uniform options here on the forums. To let you know what we're currently looking into and working towards a resolution on, we wanted to give you some updates. Additionally, please, if you have any other uniform issues that aren't seen below, please post them here so that we can find them easily.

Thanks,

Stormshade

• Wrath of Khan Uniform Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your Wrath of Khan Uniform in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Collector's Edition TNG/DS9 Uniforms Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your uniforms in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Skirts missing for TOS and Mirror Universe Sets
    This is a known issue. These will be remedied in game soon.

• Bridge Officers unable to wear special costume sets
    This is a known issue, and will be fixed in game soon.

• Missing DS9 Pants
    DS9 and TNG pants are identical, only the tops change, so please use the TNG pants to complete your DS9 look.

Thought I'd mention, since tickets are getting me nowhere fast, that the admirals pips for the ST:TNG movie uniform dont work. All I get is a grey sheath around my neck.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thought I'd mention, since tickets are getting me nowhere fast, that the admirals pips for the ST:TNG movie uniform dont work. All I get is a grey sheath around my neck.

There are polygon explodey errors even on the normal unis. /facepalm

Maybe Murphy is trying to tell them PC Admirals were a bad idea? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would like to add my two pennies in regards to the female original series uniforms. As the emphasis has been on the skirts and tops, Cryptic will need to include the tights that were worn by the female crew.

I would like to see the TNG movie badge to be worn with DS9 style uniform.

I would also like to see available, a Klingon Sash for the Klingon bridge officers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Please Fix!
This discussion has been closed.