test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

System Requirements

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I believe that this system meets the minimum requirements. However, it would be great if the community could look it over to see if there are any issues before I order the game. Thanks :)

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz Processor

2GB PC6400 DDR2-800mhz RAM

250GB SATA-II, 7200 RPM

NVIDIA 8600GT Video 256MB GDDR3

~Prospective Starfleet Recruit~
    edited January 2010
    Klutz0 wrote: »
    I believe that this system meets the minimum requirements. However, it would be great if the community could look it over to see if there are any issues before I order the game. Thanks :)

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz Processor

2GB PC6400 DDR2-800mhz RAM

250GB SATA-II, 7200 RPM

NVIDIA 8600GT Video 256MB GDDR3

~Prospective Starfleet Recruit~

Yes, your fine. You may wish to get a better GPU at some time.
    edited January 2010
    Cipher Nemo, I finely got that guy Allonsy to re-install his OS. Now he "love" me. It's like pulling a nail out of my head.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=57301
    edited January 2010
    Cipher Nemo, I finely got that guy Allonsy to re-install his OS. Now he "love" me. It's like pulling a nail out of my head.

LOL. Grats, White Knight. I read through some of that thread, espeically from him saying...
    Allonsy wrote:
    its gotta be something to do with the launcher not being able to connect, ive disabled everything from virus scan to firewalls the whole shabang and nothing

hehehe ;) It's rough to make the big decisions and fix the actual problem instead of trying to find excuses.
    edited January 2010
    There is no joystick support and for this type of game and you wouldn't want it. Try this instead Logitech G13 game pad. I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-000946-G13-Advanced-Gameboard/dp/B001NEK2GE

If there is no joystick control for this game why does it have some contrlls se to Joy*, 7 and such.
    Why do they have a 360 controller listed as compatable?
    edited January 2010
    If there is no joystick control for this game why does it have some contrlls se to Joy*, 7 and such.
    Why do they have a 360 controller listed as compatable?

Their going to be a Xbox 360 port. A game pad is not the same as a joystick.
    edited January 2010
    Originally Posted by White Knight
    LOL. Grats, White Knight. I read through some of that thread, espeically from him saying...
    Originally Posted by Allonsy
    its gotta be something to do with the launcher not being able to connect, ive disabled everything from virus scan to firewalls the whole shabang and nothing
    hehehe ;) It's rough to make the big decisions and fix the actual problem instead of trying to find excuses.

As soon as I told him he need to re-install the OS he got so mad. I had to get tough. You should read the last few pages he said to me. And he still thinks I am a jerk. No good deed.....
    edited January 2010
    No good deed.....

...goes unpunished. Yup. :D
    edited January 2010
    As soon as I told him he need to re-install the OS he got so mad. I had to get tough. You should read the last few pages he said to me. And he still thinks I am a jerk. No good deed.....

The next time he says that, ask him why is he ****ed, when it was what you'd been telling him to do from the very beginning that actually took care of his problem? It's that simple.

"I said "you've got to reinstall your OS, that's the only thing that will fix this." You said eight different variations on "that couldn't possibly be it", eventually followed by... reinstalling your OS. And that fixed it. Exactly how am I the bad guy here? Please explain, I'm a little fuzzy on that point*. I'm not asking for paragraph accolades here, man. I did help you when you needed it, you're up and gaming now, and that's the important thing. Rock on!"

*-This is rhetorical, I'm not seriously asking for a response to that.
    edited January 2010
    KlingonCer wrote: »
    "I said "you've got to reinstall your OS, that's the only thing that will fix this." You said eight different variations on "that couldn't possibly be it", eventually followed by... reinstalling your OS. And that fixed it. Exactly how am I the bad guy here? Please explain, I'm a little fuzzy on that point*. I'm not asking for paragraph accolades here, man. I did help you when you needed it, you're up and gaming now, and that's the important thing. Rock on!"

*-This is rhetorical, I'm not seriously asking for a response to that.

And it doesn't stop. Dude, just leave it alone. He helped you, be happy with the end of that... move on to harass someone else. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    And it doesn't stop. Dude, just leave it alone. He helped you, be happy with the end of that... move on to harass someone else. :rolleyes:

This is not the same guy. I think he trying to be funny.
    edited January 2010
    This is not the same guy. I think he trying to be funny.

Ah, then I'm confused. :confused: Why is he posting about then? And why is his post going from agreeing to berating you?
    edited January 2010
    Ah, then I'm confused. :confused: Why is he posting about then? And why is his post going from agreeing to berating you?

His humor is a little dry. Read his other posts. I think he was going for satire.
    edited January 2010
    His humor is a little dry. Read his other posts. I think he was good for satire.

Very dry then. It fooled me. :mad: Oh well, apologies go to him if it was dry humor.
    edited January 2010
    So I know I need to upgrade my video card and PSU. I can barely play it with my onboard graphics card, so a change is in need. I'm not a hardcore PC gamer and have been running most of my games on the lower/lowest settings, i'm more of a gameplay instead of a graphics person, but a change is in need. Here's my system so far:

Acer Aspire M1100
    AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core BE-2300 1.9ghz
    3gb Ram DDR2
    ATI Raedon X1250 (Intergrated)
    250Watt PSU

So my question is, with this system and the following upgrades, how would I be able to run ST:O and other type games? Any better ideas around the same price range? Thanks for all the help!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.319288
    edited January 2010
    slofton wrote: »
    So I know I need to upgrade my video card and PSU. I can barely play it with my onboard graphics card, so a change is in need. I'm not a hardcore PC gamer and have been running most of my games on the lower/lowest settings, i'm more of a gameplay instead of a graphics person, but a change is in need. Here's my system so far:

Acer Aspire M1100
    AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core BE-2300 1.9ghz
    3gb Ram DDR2
    ATI Raedon X1250 (Intergrated)
    250Watt PSU

So my question is, with this system and the following upgrades, how would I be able to run ST:O and other type games? Any better ideas around the same price range? Thanks for all the help!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.319287

That a really good idea.
    edited January 2010
    So I know I need to upgrade my video card and PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.319288

The 9800 GT is a solid card. You'll be very happy with it. :) Good job on getting a PSU at the same time. OCZ is a good brand, especially since they now own PC Power & Cooling and all of its technology and processes for making rock-solid PSUs.
    edited January 2010
    The 9800 GT is a solid card. You'll be very happy with it. :) Good job on getting a PSU at the same time. OCZ is a good brand, especially since they now own PC Power & Cooling and all of its technology and processes for making rock-solid PSUs.

He change the link. It was a 4670.
    edited January 2010
    w00t! Took me hours of looking and reading reviews to find what I though was good. IAny idea what kind of settings ST:O would run with this set up? Just out of curiosity. lol

Now all I need to do is find out how to install a PSU, did a video card before, but the PSU is new territory :p

Thanks!
    edited January 2010
    He change the link. It was a 4670.

hehe Sorry about that. :)

Or would the 4670 be better? lol
    edited January 2010
    w00t! Took me hours of looking and reading reviews to find what I though was good. IAny idea what kind of settings ST:O would run with this set up? Just out of curiosity. lol

Now all I need to do is find out how to install a PSU, did a video card before, but the PSU is new territory :p

Thanks!

Athlon II X2 CPU
    3GB of RAM
    8800 GT video card

Should be smooth when your ship parts the gas cloud rings of the next planet! :)
    edited January 2010
    Hehe, I'm the guy with the old system. So what can I tell you. You can look at the screenshot http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2663/gameclient2010011921222.png . Yup. I'm running the game on very high With AA and AF from my VGA and here's validation http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=961230 :p Thanks to cipher_nemo for the usefull andwers. :)
    Whoop forgot to say that I tested the game with 2GB 1GB 768MB and 512MB.
    edited January 2010
    Glad you're up and running. :)
    edited January 2010

That's actually a really good price for a modular PSU. Only problem with the OCZ PSU's is they tend to be noisy, but that one has the "powerwhisper" so maybe it'll be better than mine.
    edited January 2010
    Aeterno wrote:
    Only problem with the OCZ PSU's is they tend to be noisy, but that one has the "powerwhisper" so maybe it'll be better than mine.

Never heard about that, but perhaps it's related to specific models? I've noticed that ever since mid-2007 or so, even cheap power supplies have improved with lower noise levels. If a PSU has a variable-speed fan for cooling, it's probably going to be pretty quite unless 1.) someone's maxing the PSU with their PC's power requirements, or 2.) it's a defective or mis-manufactured fan (ie: plastic cast was off-center).

I'd have to take your word on it though since I've never owned a single OCZ power supply, only installed various models for others (along with a lot of other PSU brands).
    edited January 2010
    Never heard about that, but perhaps it's related to specific models? I've noticed that ever since mid-2007 or so, even cheap power supplies have improved with lower noise levels. If a PSU has a variable-speed fan for cooling, it's probably going to be pretty quite unless 1.) someone's maxing the PSU with their PC's power requirements, or 2.) it's a defective or mis-manufactured fan (ie: plastic cast was off-center).

I'd have to take your word on it though since I've never owned a single OCZ power supply, only installed various models for others (along with a lot of other PSU brands).

I think it's my fault for getting the "GameXStream" instead of the "StealthXStream"... it's supposedly more energy efficient, but at the cost of no variable fan speed. I've been tempted to replace the fan but the proximity to big capacitors is kinda scary.
    edited January 2010
    Aeterno wrote:
    I think it's my fault for getting the "GameXStream" instead of the "StealthXStream"... it's supposedly more energy efficient, but at the cost of no variable fan speed. I've been tempted to replace the fan but the proximity to big capacitors is kinda scary.

Ah, yeah no variable fan would equal lots of noise. :) Stinks that they model some OCZ models like that.
    edited January 2010
    Hey

I'm new to PC gaming and could use some advice with regard to Star Trek Online's playability on a system that I want built. I'm trying to base the system off of the recommended system requirements but I get confused when it comes to graphics capability, CPU etc (Sad, I know... I'm a n00b, so sue me :p).

The setup I'm putting together, is as follows (for the time being):

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X3 720 SOCKET AM3 (2.80GHz/6MB CACHE) - BLACK EDITION
    RAM: 8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MH
    Motherboard: ASUS® M4A785TD-V EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
    Graphics Card: 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS250 PCI EXPRESS

How well would ST:O play on a system with these specs?

Cheers,

Osiris
    edited January 2010
    Osiris1855 wrote: »
    Hey

I'm new to PC gaming and could use some advice with regard to Star Trek Online's playability on a system that I want built. I'm trying to base the system off of the recommended system requirements but I get confused when it comes to graphics capability, CPU etc (Sad, I know... I'm a n00b, so sue me :p).

The setup I'm putting together, is as follows (for the time being):

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X3 720 SOCKET AM3 (2.80GHz/6MB CACHE) - BLACK EDITION
    RAM: 8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MH
    Motherboard: ASUS® M4A785TD-V EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
    Graphics Card: 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS250 PCI EXPRESS

How well would ST:O play on a system with these specs?

Cheers,

Osiris
    On high

Try this.
    Use Nvidia 190.62 driver
    AA is at 2x
    Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion : OFF
    Depth of Field : OFF
    Shadows : LOW
    edited January 2010
    On high