test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

System Requirements

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
We just updated the FAQ, but wanted to call it out here, as well. Star Trek Online's system requirements are as follows:
System Requirements
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Memory: 1GB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required Disc: 6X DVD-ROM Recommended System Configuration
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+ Memory: 2GB RAM+ Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+ Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Link to the news article.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Rekhan wrote:
    We just updated the FAQ, but wanted to call it out here, as well. Star Trek Online's system requirements are as follows:
    System Requirements
    OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Memory: 1GB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required Disc: 6X DVD-ROM Recommended System Configuration
    OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+ Memory: 2GB RAM+ Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+ Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Finally!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rekhan wrote:
    System Requirements

sweet, I should be able to run this game just fine.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    :DYeah an update :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rekhan wrote:
    System Requirements

the min. req. is a intel core 2 duo 1.8 ghz does that mean that a intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz cpu will not be powerful enuff to play the game?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My PC could run 3 copy's of the game on my pc with them specs.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Those's Spec's are the same as CO

http://www.champions-online.com/faq
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I...I'm safe. I'm safe! Thank the Gods, I can play STO at about 30fps on high!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Based on the vids Ive seen I'm impressed that they fit these kinds of graphics inside those requirements.

Of course I'm not worrying. 2.3ghz Quad core, 4G's of ram and a 9800 GT.....
    The sys-reqs never kept me up at night :p

But I do feel a happy warm feeling inside for those who were holding their breath and can now breathe easy. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Is my nvidea geforce 8400 GS good enough for this game??
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cool, looks like i'm set!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Is my nvidea geforce 8400 GS good enough for this game??

It'll play it, but don't expect many pretty scenes.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The system requirements seem like they will work out fine -- I just hope that a Mac version is made eventually, because I'd prefer to play it on that (but am totally willing to make sacrifices in order to play the game one way or another). Even though I already meet said requirements, I will definitely be improving my system in the coming months to ensure the gameplay experience is high-quality. Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    <^_^> Goodness; I'll have zero problems then. I already run CO pretty well; and since I'm' getting a card upgrade at Christmas, I should be able to run STO pretty high up the scales.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nasedo wrote: »
    Those's Spec's are the same as CO

http://www.champions-online.com/faq

CO has a spec for a single core 2.5 ghz and 1.8 dual core STO just had a dual core spec but now i see that the dual core is the same so i guese the single core is to thx. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CO has a spec for a single core 2.5 ghz and 1.8 dual core STO just had a dual core spec but now i see that the dual core is the same so i guese the single core is to thx. :D

I don't think a single core will cut it. If 1.8 duel is the min, then that means it's equal to 3.6 on a single,...but, it still would leave lacking on the bus speed as a duel core has duel buses and can run more, faster vs. a single core.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    duel 1.8 cores is not equal to a single 3.2

a P4 3.2 will be just fine.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Siphaed wrote: »
    I don't think a single core will cut it. If 1.8 duel is the min, then that means it's equal to 3.6 on a single,...but, it still would leave lacking on the bus speed as a duel core has duel buses and can run more, faster vs. a single core.

dont know if it will be ok or not but if it runs like CO i can play it but have to turn the graphics on low but that is also because i need to upgrade my graphics card.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    *does the exceeds recommended specs happy dance*
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nice! Things are really progressing. Thanks for the update!

I can play the game comfortably as is, but I'm sure it'll be much better with a nice 5870 :eek:.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Looks like i'm all good to go. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Should beable to run it on high settings. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    minimum specs are a bit steep. not sure my system will run it, i can run champions online on medium settings but this i doubt will run at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lucky I just bought a new display card.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well I'll be able to play this fine. It's not the processor speed or video card requirement that worries me but has anyone noticed the measly 8 GB of hard drive space this requires. I would expect at least 11GB for a Star Trek title.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way this game is looking. But if Cryptic is going to change the system requirements, Pulleeezz change the Hard drive space requirements.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i hope i will be able to get by with a Nividia 7350 Graphics card.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I am so barely gonna be able to play this game.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    EbonyBlade wrote: »
    Well I'll be able to play this fine. It's not the processor speed or video card requirement that worries me but has anyone noticed the measly 8 GB of hard drive space this requires. I would expect at least 11GB for a Star Trek title.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way this game is looking. But if Cryptic is going to change the system requirements, Pulleeezz change the Hard drive space requirements.

8gb is still pretty big.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rekhan wrote:
    System Requirements

So, looks like you've dumped the idea of real support for Mac/Linux already. Or is there any plans for supporting OpenGL graphics in the future? And remember Cedega/Cider/wine IS NOT REAL SUPPORT. That won't make me buy the game.

Or is there future light at the end of the tunnel? I still remember that you said that "not at launch" to a question of Linux support earlier. But please, forget about doing it with Cedega/Cider to Linux/Mac. That's not real support of these OS's.

I know some people are going to start commenting to this that "if you want to really play this game, get Windows and live with it". That can be something that you are willing to pay for, but I'm not. I don't need stuff that runs only on Windows. And if you think I'm a minority, keep thinking that way if it makes your life easier, but I'd be a paying customer if I got a chance to play this on my choice of OS.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the min. req. is a intel core 2 duo 1.8 ghz does that mean that a intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz cpu will not be powerful enuff to play the game?

I run Champions on a 3ghz Intel p4. The games use the same engine so you should be fine.

I am using a Nvidia 7800 graphics card. I do not have to run the settings on minimum but I can run the graphics descent enough to still enjoy the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So this game coming out in 2010 is still using DX9?
    :eek:

Also, the video card requirements are really odd in addition to the dual core garbage for the CPU requirements. To many a Geforce 7950 doesn't sound like it seems. Likewise for the X1800 Radeon.
    I'll leave any further Intel graphics chip comments for somewhere else. :p

I'd be willing to bet though if this is a DX9 game that I'll be able to get it running on my old Athlon XP box with a modern (but AGP) video card... at playable framerates.

On the bright side I'll be able to run the game on this laptop. Guess I can slow down on building that monster DX11 system now.
This discussion has been closed.