test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2021
    Black Cat's represent GOOD LUCK not bad for me especially if you treat them kindly, so this must be good news.
    0zxlclk.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

how about a trait where yall include the forum peeps as well?

Starship Trait: Forum Feedback
    1% chance to acknowledge the existence of forums and bugs (up to 75% chance if it impacts sales during the first week)
    25% chance for the crew to be confused about the existence of a bug. The older and more talked about, the higher the confusion.
    50% chance to mock the "vocal minority".

*known issue: Forum Feedback is currently broken. No ETA.

Speaking of which, warning people in advance: not only does Tribble still have the shuttle bug, but it also has another bug where the game doesn't recognize "sort" for your inventory, considering it an nonexistent command.

So don't be surprised if the latter shows up soon on Holodeck.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Speaking of which, warning people in advance: not only does Tribble still have the shuttle bug, but it also has another bug where the game doesn't recognize "sort" for your inventory, considering it an nonexistent command.

To be honest, I tend to sort the inventory myself.

I never liked how it worked in game. There's been times I've accidentally hit the sort button and then had to rearrange everything again. And that greying out 'feature' is a huge pain for me.

Even if the concept would be to 'help' the player be able to discern the difference between ship and character items actually worked (lockboxes and ship/character repair kits are greyed out regardless of what map you are on when the character/ship UI is up at the same time), it's still a pain in the keister for me. I wish there was an option in the inventory UI to turn that thing off.

On the other hand, the shuttle bug is something I don't look forward to, if it's going to make a comeback.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User

how about a trait where yall include the forum peeps as well?

Starship Trait: Forum Feedback
    1% chance to acknowledge the existence of forums and bugs (up to 75% chance if it impacts sales during the first week)
    25% chance for the crew to be confused about the existence of a bug. The older and more talked about, the higher the confusion.
    50% chance to mock the "vocal minority".

*known issue: Forum Feedback is currently broken. No ETA.

Good - the way their inventory/bank sort button worked never went over well with me. If they remove it/make it non-functional, that's an improvement (IMO).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I use the sort all the time, it puts things in a predictable order without having to mess around sorting it manually and possibly missing something in the sea of items. I don't use the filters that often because few of them are not useful, but the sort is handy.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    So... they announced the Mirror Guardian was coming to the C-store on the News page, but can't be bothered to mention the delay there? Figures. Uh, Cryptic? I hate to break it to you, but not everyone uses Twitter. You're gonna have some confused people soon.

Personally speaking, I'd like to have the T6 Nova for the 28th. 😃
    edited October 2021
    So... they announced the Mirror Guardian was coming to the C-store on the News page, but can't be bothered to mention the delay there? Figures. Uh, Cryptic? I hate to break it to you, but not everyone uses Twitter. You're gonna have some confused people soon.
    "Don't you guys have pho..." sorry, wrong studio.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    LOL - what do you want to bet it's because SOMEONE at Cryptic forgot or got confused as to what MONTH it actually was when they posted that Blog announcement? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,697 Community Moderator
    spambot removed, carry on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Well,the reddit thread itself not actually from the devs, but the screenshots are from the livestream of today (12/01) and this thread is so inactive right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6u8rq/the_next_infinity_lockbox_ship_is_the_saturn/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6um9h/saturn_class_console_trait_and_boff_seating/

So the next infinity lockbox ship is the toothy hula hoop Saturn-class, as an Intel Sci Spearhead.
    The Angelou-class (the rainforest one) and the Eisenberg-class are so gonna be the very last ones they'll release, despite being those players want.

EDIT: *spit take* MOTHER OF... a 32c. ship as an event grand prize.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6uub2/winter_event_ship_eisenberg_star_cruiser/
    #TASforSTO
    I'm glad they wanted to make the Eisenberg free (you can still 'buy' it early, but if you had no money you can still earn it).

They were saying they'd like to make it available (maybe allow it to be available through the Event UI even if other ship events come and go?) even after the upcoming Winter Event some time down the road.

:smiley:
    It looks like it is a good generalist ship, appropriate for all departments. Visually it not bad as far as the DSC 31st century ships go, it is one of the more reasonable looking ones which is also a good thing.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    It looks like it is a good generalist ship, appropriate for all departments. Visually it not bad as far as the DSC 31st century ships go, it is one of the more reasonable looking ones which is also a good thing.

I hated the ship's design when I first saw it. Then I saw what the rest of DSC Season 3's lineup looked like, and suddenly the Eisenberg didn't look so bad by comparison. I guess I can thank the Courage and "United Earth Defense Vessel" for putting things in perspective.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm glad they wanted to make the Eisenberg free (you can still 'buy' it early, but if you had no money you can still earn it).

They were saying they'd like to make it available (maybe allow it to be available through the Event UI even if other ship events come and go?) even after the upcoming Winter Event some time down the road.

:smiley:
    They could do like they did with the T6 Risian Corvette and add a full spec version of the Eisenberg to the fleet shipyard. People who earn it during the event get the usual fleet module discount, and it would still be a free ship if you factor in the free FMs you can get from T6 reps.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,697 Community Moderator
    spambot nuked. carry on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    foxman00 wrote: »

So we are going to get our bridge cake and eat it too? 🎂
    edited December 2021
    #TASforSTO
    edited December 2021
    jcsww wrote: »

Have to admit, that was pretty hilarious! :D

I'm pretty sure there are uglier ships than that actually in the game. :P

I would much rather have the Pathyeager in the game than some of the DSC s3 and s4 ships (now those are UGLY) :lol:

Seriously though, I have wanted a DS9 style Yeager for a while, with its freighter secondary hull (yes, the show used the same model for the freighter as it did for everything from a single-seat fighter-shuttle with a bubble canopy seen in one brief background shot, the larger Perigrine fighter-corvette, the Maquis raider, and that only seen in a flash freighter and whatever else) it is a good allegory to the civilian freighter-hulled warships that were built in WWII when they needed ships fast.

I really wouldn't mind if the Pathyeager was fitted out as a real T6 ship as the prize for a short (not campaign) event (it would be a good one for a real event starting April first) or was made a cstore ship.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Funnily enough, the Yeager works far better with the Pathfinder saucer than the Intrepid.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Have to admit, that was pretty hilarious! :D

I'm pretty sure there are uglier ships than that actually in the game. :P

I would much rather have the Pathyeager in the game than some of the DSC s3 and s4 ships (now those are UGLY) :lol:

Seriously though, I have wanted a DS9 style Yeager for a while, with its freighter secondary hull (yes, the show used the same model for the freighter as it did for everything from a single-seat fighter-shuttle with a bubble canopy seen in one brief background shot, the larger Perigrine fighter-corvette, the Maquis raider, and that only seen in a flash freighter and whatever else) it is a good allegory to the civilian freighter-hulled warships that were built in WWII when they needed ships fast.

I really wouldn't mind if the Pathyeager was fitted out as a real T6 ship as the prize for a short (not campaign) event (it would be a good one for a real event starting April first) or was made a cstore ship.

You havent seen the new Vulcan ship then!!... thats the ONLY ship i want!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!