test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7TH ANNUAL PRIDE WEEKEND!

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Ten forward.
    BTW specific groups are targeted by Islamic terrorists all the time. Christians, Jews, anyone else not Muslim. Women who wear clothes and drive... etc. And those groups get slaughtered in the middle east on a daily basis, in fact all of these groups do its just nobody cares because they're all a bunch of sand monkeys and not American citizens.

*extreme sarcasm implied*

So in the end it doesn't matter that much, they just spun the wheel of death and decided it was the LGBT communities turn. No less or more tragic then any other deaths perpetrated by these monsters.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    BTW specific groups are targeted by Islamic terrorists all the time. Christians, Jews, anyone else not Muslim. Women who wear clothes and drive... etc. And those groups get slaughtered in the middle east on a daily basis, in fact all of these groups do its just nobody cares because they're all a bunch of sand monkeys and not American citizens.

*extreme sarcasm implied*

So in the end it doesn't matter that much, they just spun the wheel of death and decided it was the LGBT communities turn. No less or more tragic then any other deaths perpetrated by these monsters.

Pretty much. I think the big issue is that parties, hashtags, catchphrases, ribbons, likes, and all other kinds of pointless ventures don't actually officially do anything to bring awareness or initiate any sort of meaningful dialogue. Lot's and lots of platitudes for the sake of self aggrandizement. At least some latino's don't need to make up an excuse to party every weekend, they just do, and it's typically awesome, and the only philosophical battles that take place between insiders of the party and outsiders are the music volume.

That's true.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    We should recognize that a call to move a thread to Ten Forward is a silencing action, especially for a fleet event in game. The motives of those making such requests were not pure and should be held up for scrutiny.
    Not about STO, please move this to Ten Forward. Thanks
    Ten forward.
    Still about an STO fleet event. Still belongs here.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    This is a Star Trek Online event by a STO fleet.
    This thread will remain here. Please no more debates about this!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User

Since it is a fleet event, doesn't it technically belong in the fleet section?
    I understand that general discussion gets a lot more attention, but is that really an excuse to introduce a topic in the wrong section?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

I understand that general discussion gets a lot more attention, but is that really an excuse to introduce a topic in the wrong section?

I'm really curious where you think that is, because it seems to be referencing a nonexistant subforum which is even more silencing than the garbage pit that is Ten Forward.
    That's speculation, I for one am just tired od seeing general discussion treated as a dumping ground for everything. It does have a specific purpose as do all the other subforum.
    That's speculation, I for one am just tired od seeing general discussion treated as a dumping ground for everything. It does have a specific purpose as do all the other subforum.

How is the word of a community moderator inadequate for you here?

• isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    I for one am tired of seeing people trying to pre-judge the work of mods as an excuse to interject and silence. Don't claim to speak for the mods, if the mods are angry, then the mods will exact their own justice. You don't have to do mod's work for them.

Not just on this, generally. If you are not interested in a topic, just don't engage. If someone asks a question in a thread and you don't know the answer, what's the point in saying "don't know"? If you think a thread is a little pointless, don't add to it. A lot of people here seem very trigger happy in replying to pretty much everything on no other grounds than they should be heard by everyone all the time even when they have nothing to add. It is allowed to just let something be without sharing your vast wisdom.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

How is the word of a community moderator inadequate for you here?

I think he meant the suggestion that he was trying to silence people was only speculation, and then he explained the reasoning behind his argument.

That's how I took it anyway, if not then, as you said, the question of where this belongs is no longer open for speculation now that a mod has gone on the record about it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    That's correct, misplaced threads always annoy me though I rarely comment as such because as others have mentioned it would be a waste of time. I made an exception because I saw the PC brigade of offendotrons make some rediculous comments about silencing people by placing the thread in a more appropriate albeit less visited subforum. I never miss an opportunity to pick a fight with that type of person, just out of principle.
    Removing an STO game event from the General Discussion forum to the unread garbage pit is silencing. Here to help. Fortunately you were proven wrong, remember it, learn from it. Defending against silencing LGBT issues works.

I'm really curious where you think that is, because it seems to be referencing a nonexistent subforum which is even more silencing than the garbage pit that is Ten Forward.

Not nonexistent. Fleet stuff goes arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/fleet-system-and-holdings

It may be quiet, but that IS the place it belongs IMO if a topic is fleet related.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

I'm really curious where you think that is, because it seems to be referencing a nonexistent subforum which is even more silencing than the garbage pit that is Ten Forward.

Not nonexistent. Fleet stuff goes arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/fleet-system-and-holdings

It may be quiet, but that IS the place it belongs IMO if a topic is fleet related.

You are delirious. That's for game system feedback, not events. Literally no one looks there for fleet events.
    FEEDBACK For general gameplay, powers and bridge officers, combat, missions, PvP and UI discussions.
    Since a mod has already weighed in on this, further discussion could potentially be considered discussing moderation, so I think both sides should really just drop it at this point before anyone gets in trouble.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Since a mod has already weighed in on this, further discussion could potentially be considered discussing moderation, so I think both sides should really just drop it at this point before anyone gets in trouble.

On the contrary, he answered an earlier question of mine, however did so with ridiculous logic. Under his scheme, General Discussion itself would be emptied into topic-specific subforums on game system feedback (for a forum exists for each major faction there.) In no way am I discussing the moderator's earlier opinion. But you get on with your bad self, rules lawyer.

On the contrary, he answered an earlier question of mine, however did so with ridiculous logic. Under his scheme, General Discussion itself would be emptied into topic-specific subforums on game system feedback (for a forum exists for each major faction there.) In no way am I discussing the moderator's earlier opinion. But you get on with your bad self, rules lawyer.

I'm just trying to help people stay out of trouble, I personally don't care if people discuss moderation, but it is derailing this thread at this point.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Removing an STO game event from the General Discussion forum to the unread garbage pit is silencing. Here to help. Fortunately you were proven wrong, remember it, learn from it. Defending against silencing LGBT issues works.
    I thought you said this was a "fleet event" and not a political one....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I have my suspicions on the motives of anyone and everyone who tried to get this topic moved.
  • ripanton#1911 ripanton Member Posts: 10 New User
    > @thekodanarmada#7342 said:
    > I have my suspicions on the motives of anyone and everyone who tried to get this topic moved.

so what? nobody cares about your suspicions little sister man
    I have my suspicions on the motives of anyone and everyone who tried to get this topic moved.

I suggested it be moved, and in response to your post I'll reiterate and expand on what I said in that first post I made in this thread:

My father is g.a.y. I've known this for as long as I can remember. To me it is as normal as being straight. I have been, and always will be very proud of my father despite his many flaws, of which his sexuality is not one.

And to clarify, he is my biological father, was married to my biological mother who knew his previous SO was a man when they started dating, and he is not Bi.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User

My father is g.a.y. I've known this for as long as I can remember. To me it is as normal as being straight. I have been, and always will be very proud of my father despite his many flaws, of which his sexuality is not one.

Ah, the old "I'm not because my friends/family/other are" explanation. Flawed logic, even if a true statement.

People get so riled up over trivialities. I'm glad this thread is still going and in general discussion where it needs to be. STO is a great community, full of mostly supportive people.

M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • ripanton#1911 ripanton Member Posts: 10 New User
    > @puckerbrush said: STO is a great community, full of mostly supportive people.

not what you said over on the SA furums

Ah, the old "I'm not because my friends/family/other are" explanation. Flawed logic, even if a true statement.

People get so riled up over trivialities. I'm glad this thread is still going and in general discussion where it needs to be. STO is a great community, full of mostly supportive people.

I'll let my past forum activity speak for me then. A year ago a featured episode included a line of dialogue that resulted in it's announcement thread becoming a massive LGBT argument. In that thread, I supported cryptic's inclusion of this, and argued against people who suggested that a kid merely learning of the existence of homosexuality would necessitate explaining the birds and the bees to them.

I do not wish to silence anyone, I simply had a misguided view of what classifies as general discussion, a view that would have disqualified all fleet event announcements. A mod has clarified that, and I'm fine with that explanation.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

Hold on right there. The instant you start talking about 'silencing LGBT issues' and making this an issue about that side of things, you are making this a political issue, which is against the rules on this forum.

So which is it, a fleet event or a political one under the guise of a fleet event? Because one of those is against the rules. Keep the politics and political bs out of this discussion before you force this thread to end up locked.

Keep your accusations to yourself. and that statement sounds awfully political in nature

Hold on right there. The instant you start talking about 'silencing LGBT issues' and making this an issue about that side of things, you are making this a political issue, which is against the rules on this forum.

So which is it, a fleet event or a political one under the guise of a fleet event? Because one of those is against the rules. Keep the politics and political bs out of this discussion before you force this thread to end up locked.

Keep your accusations to yourself. and that statement sounds awfully political in nature

You're reaching. Worse, you're willfully ignoring motive under the color of 'sufficiently obscured.' Do stop.

In the eight pages of the Shutup Wesley 2015 Holiday Event, posted in General Discussion, exactly zero mentions were made about moving it to Ten Forward. Seemed immediately to be all the rage here though for this fine event, for .. whatever reasons.
    edited June 2016

You are delirious. That's for game system feedback, not events. Literally no one looks there for fleet events.
    FEEDBACK For general gameplay, powers and bridge officers, combat, missions, PvP and UI discussions.

Feedback in the broadest sense of the word: recruitment and events included. This is where it belongs regardless of how many people visit the section.

Post edited by questerius on
  • datfmiragedatfmirage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    akrilon wrote: »
    For this occasion, Stonewall Fleet will be hosting events throughout the weekend. The events are open to the entire Star Trek Online community and we warmly welcome you, your friends and fleet to join us!

Join STOPride! To participate in all the festivities and follow along with the days events, please join the STOPride channel, which will be active on the weekend of the event! Enter '/channel_join STOPride' to join.

Check out the complete weekend schedule at fleet.stonewallgaming.net/pride.
    Sounds like great fun, thank you for inviting us!

Is there any location set for the fashion pageant on the 26th? I usually find it fun to see what creative things people come up with, but maybe it's outright impossible to have it in public with the existing population caps.