test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 Borg Cube's and Borg Command ship destroyed in 20 seconds by a single player.

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    One of the reasons why some high DPS ships die too is because they generate more threat and therefore receive more hits than you do. That's why it is important for tanks to bring a certain amount of damage in order to attract aggro away from his team.

One of my favorite metrics in a parse is attacks in. I usually have an expected survival threshold for my ships so I look at how much of the hits actually went my way.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2016
    kate370 wrote: »
    So I always thought I had a powerful ship. When playing missions in general or just doing combat training with the help of the foundry by creating maps where enemies spawn. I tried myself a few Borg Cube's and stuff. I can generally destroy a Borg Cube okay within 10 seconds. Given I move about a lot. I destroyed a Voth Bulwark in 30'ish seconds.

When playing the Borg Red Alert, I found that destroying a single Borg Cube is much harder than in the normal missions in general. Even though the difficulty setting is the same.

Last night I was doing a Borg Red Alert on normal difficulty. I engaged a Borg Cube and started to attack it, I had it's hull down to 70 when I was healing myself another player decided to help me. Due to his approach vector he got the attention of 2 other Borg Cube's nearby.

There was now a total of 3 Borg Cube vs me and the other guy. He was "defeated" and was unconscious (respawning) and I was withdrawing away from the 3 Cube's as they were nudging my hull down like mad.

Then all of a sudden a player in a Klingon ship comes, does 2 shots. Blows up the first Borg Cube. Simply passes by the two others.. Hitting it with some kind of blue beam weapons for like 2 seconds and BOTH the Cube's instantly blow up.

Before I realise what the f*** just happend and the other dude to fully respawn. We engage full impulse to the Borg Command Ship that has now spawned, you know the one.. The huge final boss that looks like V'ger.

By the time we get there, the player who just blew up 3 Borg Cube's in 5 seconds are attacking it. By the time we reach the Command ship... It's already been blown up by ONE player in like 10 seconds...

How is this... Possible? What am I missing here????

I also got a AFK penalty... -_-'

1. don't get killed.
    2. get better gear.
    3. shoot like mad.
    4. don't get carried like a noob.
    5. ...
    6. Profit.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    So I entered a Tholian Red Alert and saw this guy in a ship stacking up buffs.. No one else was there so I decided to just observe. He wiped out the small ships in litteral 1 shots and took out the two boss ships in like 5-7 seconds....

*sigh*
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Hey, a Tholian Red Alert Advanced with the HPs the Tholians have in CCA. Maybe a few extra minutes for the run. Nah, who am I kidding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I guess I could be called 1 of the DPS Elites although I don't feel like 1 my highest DPS I've been parsed at was 50,306 although my TRUE DPS is much higher since I'm a purest Science Player ( I only use science skills to deal damage my overall DPS suffers due to the Cooldown Rotations) and is probably closer to 110K and I do see this issue a lot and I do get a bit of hate aimed towards me as well since most people start razzing me when I join lower content cause I just want to face roll everything and warp in with my Annorax.

I do think the AFK Penalty needs a reevaluation it does harm others when high dps players jump in.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    The AFK penalty should really be affecting people who aren't doing anything at all... instead of people who try.. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    When people start looking up dps numbers it becomes less about having fun on the game and more about trying break the current system with a lot of seriousness added to it. for example the average fleet member would become more marginalized because they only want to play to have fun and other fleet members are telling them to use dps calculators to try do better.

As a matter of fact i just left a guild on swtor when they started using dps calculators the other day, a good thing to. first step in becoming all too serious and the message of the game is lost in translation. i know for a fact what is waiting for someone who takes their games to seriously and nerd rage is a real problem, hell ive thrown a few hysterical fits in my time when i was younger over taking things too seriously, you become very touchy about it as well. ive been there and done that and i have no intention of going back to taking things far too seriously. the game is about having fun, not about breaking game to get these impossible numbers where things are no challenge any more.

so if a play has impossibly high numbers and gets an afk penalty anyway, then maybe they should get the message to tone it down a little, that is where the touchy part comes into it.

anyways, the afk system is a joke anyway.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Do people still use subnucleonic beam?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User

I know at least two opponents in game against which the SNB is extremely effective.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I know at least two opponents in game against which the SNB is extremely effective.
    It's a great way to stop the Unimatrix in a Red alert from regening. It also stops those annoying tanking abilities the Voth use.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    Subnuc is awesome.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Subnuc is awesome.

The thing is that one needs to know what one is doing to appreciate the SNB.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    That is true. And it also helps to know how to counter it should you be on the recieving end of a subnuc. I know not many NPC factions use it, but still...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That is true. And it also helps to know how to counter it should you be on the recieving end of a subnuc. I know not many NPC factions use it, but still...
    Hehe.... Breen there done that. :p

(yes this was a corny way of saying that the Breen use it)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Breen and Jem'Hadar : the NWS' nightmare lol
    P58WJe7.jpg