What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introducing the Admiralty System

Comments

• Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Poor writing's fault. I can point out the rather stupid decsion to open the gateway on New Romulus an an example or Romulan stupidity, (Nearly destroyed New Romulus) but I blame it on the same.

You can't expect that kind of discovery wouldn't go untouched. It's a guarantee that the Federation would've gladly done the same, in the name of science.

At the end of the day, it did open up a significant portion of the galaxy to us. That's worth something.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Poor writing's fault. I can point out the rather stupid decsion to open the gateway on New Romulus an an example or Romulan stupidity, (Nearly destroyed New Romulus) but I blame it on the same.

You can't expect that kind of discovery wouldn't go untouched. It's a guarantee that the Federation would've gladly done the same, in the name of science.

At the end of the day, it did open up a significant portion of the galaxy to us. That's worth something.

At the same time you're using the same logic, arguing the Republic is any superior in these matters is highly flawed. At the end of the day it all comes down to the writing.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    At the same time you're using the same logic, arguing the Republic is any superior in these matters is highly flawed. At the end of the day it all comes down to the writing.

Saying the Republic is "superior" in this case wasn't my argument.

I was refuting that you said it was an example of "Romulan stupidity." I disagree. I didn't say that it was superior in any ways, just that it was an acceptable chance to take - and a chance that the Federation would've likely taken as well.
  • Options
    craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Hmmm Need to buy more ship slots. Good thinking cryptic. Looks interesting. My T6 Recon bug will become an EPIC ship adding 10 more tac consoles and another engine. Bird is the word people.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    As far as KDF doing Sci Jobs (They can do the UFP campaign), They do have the Varanus, Vo'Quv, and Kar'fi which are probably in the mid 50s for Sci Capability.
  • Options
    As far as KDF doing Sci Jobs (They can do the UFP campaign), They do have the Varanus, Vo'Quv, and Kar'fi which are probably in the mid 50s for Sci Capability.

Dysons as well, plus I'd think the Intel ones might have a sci bonus in the system.

I'd be intereted to see how the BoP's are rated, with their universal seats.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    The Vo'Quv, Kar'Fi, Corsair, Dacoit, B'Rotlh, Klinzhai, Ta'Sub, Nov, MoQ, Korath, Varanus, and Phalanx all look to be ships which will have Science as their favored stat.

Additionally, others appear to be ships which will have Science as strong or quite high.

I maintain, again, that what we call Science vessels in this game should have a different name because people keep trying to align them with Science captains or Science bridge officers. Science has several different meanings in STO and the crafting category, the duty officer commendation, the ship type, the console category, and the player/BOff profession are not necessarily the same thing. A-ships seem most related to the console category.

For the purposes of this system for instance, an Icarus pilot ship will probably have comparable Science stats to a Reconnaissance Vesta.
  • Options
    jayphailey2013jayphailey2013 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    antibak wrote: »
    An expansion to DOFFing? Sorry but that is a big let down! This it is just another reason to move on to other games. I want to explore, I want to see more varied space stories/battles that use your ships in the 3D space. Not this spreadsheet click then wait mess that just eats up time with no real joy!

The Admiralty system isn't the ONLY new thing they're rolling out in season 11. Maybe they'll hit the strange new worlds button in other ways

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I haven't seen any comments (as of page 5 of this thread) on the rarity outcomes, here is my call on rarity:

Common - storyline rank ships ( for leveling a 'toon)
    Uncommon - MU lockbox ships & T5+ lockbox ships
    Rare - shipyard purchases (FC's, dilithium) & event ships
    Very Rare - Lobi & <T5 Z-store ships
    Ultra Rare - T6 Z-store ships

Actually, I'm probably being optimistic even with this scale.... :|
    Well judging by the pic on the blog, Z-store ships are blue. My prediction:

Common/white: Dilithium-bought or Fleet Mark-bought ships(including free level-up ships)
    Uncommoon/Green: Lockbox consolation prize ships(Mirror ships, Kazon Raider, etc)
    Rare/Blue: Z-store ships
    Very Rare/Purple: Event ships
    Ultra Rare/Violet: Fleet ships
    Epic/Gold: Grand prize lockbox/Lobi ships
    I'd be interested to see how the BoP's are rated, with their universal seats.
    Same here.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Hmmm Need to buy more ship slots. Good thinking cryptic. Looks interesting. My T6 Recon bug will become an EPIC ship adding 10 more tac consoles and another engine. Bird is the word people.
    You don't really need more ship slots - you can commission the ships and then dismiss them.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Great news for people who love doffing. Not so great news for people who grown tired of doffing. :|

Was expecting (or hoping) something like leading one or two ships in space zones or campaign missions.
  • Options
    sfreedom1sfreedom1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So, we still can't use our old ships as a true fleet and promote our Boffs to captain them........ :neutral:
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Amazing you all vote for crappy ships but get yur knickers in a twist over the hint of a Possible T6 Galaxy. Weirdo's all of ya !

Do you people ACTUALLY know what you want ? or just what you're told you want ?
  • Options
    "Our main goal with this system is to offer everyone a new style of play that makes effective use of the many starships that players have collected over their long careers, and to reward them for those investments through gameplay that offers meaningful choices, and impressive rewards."

I guess it depends on what your definition of effective use of starships is. And what your definition of gameplay is lol. This is just ship Doffing. Doffing is not fun in any way. What I originally imagined when I first heard about the Admiralty system is something like having your extra ships as combat or non combat pets exploring space or fighting by your side. This? This is just Neverwinter junk that barely qualifies as a mini-game.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Before I see stats for a larger number of A-ships, I share the fear that KDF and ROMs may be disadvantaged severely in sci focused assignements.

But it still may be possible that A) there are few sci-focused assignements; B) more than expected KDF/ROM ships have high sc ratings; C) KDF/ROM ships have special bonuses often focused on heightening sci rating.

I just need this thing to get to Tribble so I can check, that's all.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    "Our main goal with this system is to offer everyone a new style of play that makes effective use of the many starships that players have collected over their long careers, and to reward them for those investments through gameplay that offers meaningful choices, and impressive rewards."

I guess it depends on what your definition of effective use of starships is. And what your definition of gameplay is lol. This is just ship Doffing. Doffing is not fun in any way. What I originally imagined when I first heard about the Admiralty system is something like having your extra ships as combat or non combat pets exploring space or fighting by your side. This? This is just Neverwinter junk that barely qualifies as a mini-game.
    I'm sorry, but how is that superior in any way to a Doff system?

Ah yes, you see your ships being stupid and/or curbstomping your foes with default weapons (so phaser for Feds, disruptor for Klinks and plasma for the RR) while you stay here doing everything and/or nothing.

Now, it could be cool for cosmetic reasons to get all your ships as pets, but for gameplay reasons, it'd either be useless or ridiculously OP against NPCs. NPCs are already too dumb to press evasive maneuvers or brace for impact to avoid a warp core breach from an enemy ship, so add to this: consoles that require a certain behavior, special abilities like Dyson modes, and you have quite a mess to deal with to make a competent AI.

Boffs are already stupid, I don't need them on a starship wasting abilities at the wrong moment on the wrong enemy and forcing me to go from a MMORPG to a RTS style of gameplay by making them passive until I tell them what to do.

Now, assuming you had to add your own gear on the NPC ships, people would have complained it's a new Dil/EC sink and that it's not cool.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter

Well my KDF toons are hanging on the hope of event ships. I hope those ships will cut it.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    What about ... [ships] ...

Let me sum up:

If the starship isn't actively commissioned in your ship roster at some point after the Admiralty System goes live, you will not have access to it's associated Admiralty Ship.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I've always held on to my Miranda's for each of my Toons.
    (even if it was just for the nostalgia factor)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    neoatticusneoatticus Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    ::Extreme Daria-esque Sarcasm:: Oh goody. Another Doff System. Just what I never wanted. Now I can die, forever incomplete.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Will there be any kind of "Freebie" given away to players when this system launches?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Will there be any kind of "Freebie" given away to players when this system launches?
    B)

If the the reaction to the Admirality system is meh on Tribble and a lot of negative criticism. You can almost say they will be throwing ships, another ship sale, Bonus XP weekend, and some free upgrades at players.

Which I'm counting on the XP part and another sale.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Well judging by the pic on the blog, Z-store ships are blue. My prediction:

Common/white: Dilithium-bought or Fleet Mark-bought ships(including free level-up ships)
    Uncommoon/Green: Lockbox consolation prize ships(Mirror ships, Kazon Raider, etc)
    Rare/Blue: Z-store ships
    Very Rare/Purple: Event ships
    Ultra Rare/Violet: Fleet ships
    Epic/Gold: Grand prize lockbox/Lobi ships
    I'd be interested to see how the BoP's are rated, with their universal seats.
    Same here.[/quote]

I could only dream that Lobi ships would be the Epic ones; but I have only one so far, and a long way to go before all my toons have one each. I have a hard time believing that Cryptic will put event ships ahead of Z-store ships, and Fleet ships most definitely would have to be of lesser value to Cryptic bean counters than Z-store models.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    jetnova16jetnova16 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This may have been asked already, but originally it was said we'd get to use our own ships that we aren't currently using. Not ships of their classes that we currently own or have used. What got me interested in this was the fact I could field my currently unused ships into missions of their own. Now you roll out the Admirality System as this piece of junk!

This is totally not what you originally said it's going to be, actually got my hopes up to field my unused ships; just to pull the wool over everyone's eyes with this junk. Well if that's how it's going to be Cryptic, you can keep your Admirality System and shove it out the nearest "Airlock" because it now 100% sucks and I don't want to use it or have anything to do with it. I want to field my own ships with their names and registries I personally gave them as a Fleet Admiral, not your piece of junk versions which are surely going to have names you've chosen for them since you're going against your original information on the Admirality System and are now forcing it upon us to use ships of the classes we own but not the ships we ACTUALLY own.

Very totally 100% disappointing Cryptic!
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    jetnova16 wrote: »
    This may have been asked already, but originally it was said we'd get to use our own ships that we aren't currently using. Not ships of their classes that we currently own or have used. What got me interested in this was the fact I could field my currently unused ships into missions of their own. Now you roll out the Admirality System as this piece of junk!

This is totally not what you originally said it's going to be, actually got my hopes up to field my unused ships; just to pull the wool over everyone's eyes with this junk. Well if that's how it's going to be Cryptic, you can keep your Admirality System and shove it out the nearest "Airlock" because it now 100% sucks and I don't want to use it or have anything to do with it. I want to field my own ships with their names and registries I personally gave them as a Fleet Admiral, not your piece of junk versions which are surely going to have names you've chosen for them since you're going against your original information on the Admirality System and are now forcing it upon us to use ships of the classes we own but not the ships we ACTUALLY own.

Very totally 100% disappointing Cryptic!

I just looked at it on Tribble. It's a definite no for me. People who love Doffing would love it.

Otherwise, it really adds no depth to the game.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I'm actually one of those DOFFing people. I don't have the energy to seriously play every night after I get home from work. Some nights...yeah, I just want to click buttons and shoot the breeze with people on my TeamSpeak. Other days I actually do feel like playing. It's nice to still have something to show for my "tired" nights.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    While this new system seems nice, I'm not sure what the rewards it offers are. Why do we need to play the admiralty system basically.

Well, there are skill points and credits. But it *would* kind of suck if the juicier rewards were admirality-exclusive... (Getting an epic a-ship at tier 10 screams "Play Admirality to play more Admirality" - tie-ins to the rest of the game would be much appreciated - special doffs, boffs, equip...)
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    iirc, Crit normally goes above success, and is purple rather then yellow?

It is different in this system specifically because it behaves differently.

In other systems, the chance for Crit detracts from chance of Success. That is not the case here - Crit is above-and-beyond Success, rather than being "instead of."

Just nitpicking, but saying that's "different" is imho a bit of overstatement... 100% chance on basic rewards + 30% chance on enhanced rewards = 70% chance on basic rewards + 30% chance on basic+enhanced rewards. It's just a different way of expressing the same thing (it would only make difference if the rewards for crit did not include the rewards on success, or if favoring crit negatively impacted the rates of any type of success, but I don't see Failuire and Critical Failure chances anywhere, so this should not be a concern) ;-)
    So it's just Doffing with ships. How Lame, not worth the wait. I've got not idea why it took so long to get it into the game, surely it would just be a simple port. Just Cryptic trying to get us to spend more money to buy ships. What next? Doffing with Bridge Officers?

There will be doffing with your equip - for each item type you unlock, you will get an equipment card representing a batch of military supplies (Crate of Protonic Polaron Pulsweave Assaults, etc.), that you will be able to send to support your allies in a new colonization/conquest campaing. Because the c-store Lirpa/Bat'leth pack sales could use some boost too, you know ;-) :-D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Before I see stats for a larger number of A-ships, I share the fear that KDF and ROMs may be disadvantaged severely in sci focused assignements.

But it still may be possible that A) there are few sci-focused assignements; B) more than expected KDF/ROM ships have high sc ratings; C) KDF/ROM ships have special bonuses often focused on heightening sci rating.

I just need this thing to get to Tribble so I can check, that's all.
    Yeah, I'm expecting to see several KDF ships end up with moderate science stats. Not great, but not bad.

Especially BoPs, since their seating is so versatile already.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Personally I'm very glad that the system is simple, but rewarding. With Doffs, there's a cap on how many you can have. It can be very inconvenient and force you to pick and choose which ones you want. it's a very complicated system and can be incredibly expensive and time consuming to get the most out of it.

This system though seems much more accessible to players in general. You're rewarded for collecting ships, which is something you were probably going to end up doing anyway. You don't need the best ships to progress through the system, you'll always be rewarded, but the efficiency is improved by having a diverse roster of quality ships.

The token sounds much preferred to using existing ships. I don't want to have to buy ship slots to hang on to ships that I really have no other use for.

Lastly, being able to use the system from any location is a godsend. The doffing system is pretty punishing as far as pursuing the most rewarding missions, which spawn at random times in remote locations.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    ugh, so um, ah, another way to get us to buy new expensive ships and more ship slots?

Of course. A suggestion for any Romulan players, though: if you have
    While this new system seems nice, I'm not sure what the rewards it offers are. Why do we need to play the admiralty system basically.

And I'm fairly certain KDF and ROM are going to be at a distinct disadvantage. Not only less ships but the number of science ships available to each can be counted on one hand.
    Well, the question is actually more about their eng/tac/sci stat ratings. This seems to be related to the stats of the ship, both boff seats and consoles. Hestia has 16/68/24. The T6 Gal-X has 61/25/22.

The requirement is to put in ships whose stats add up to certain numbers, with more improving results. For this example:4b801739caa9d4bada4691f8c2bfced61443491629.png
    You need ships whose stats add up to at least 90/35/35. For this the average of the three ships only needs 30/12/12 or better. So you don't even need ships focused on Eng. The dreadnaught cruiser has over 60, so it's got 2/3 of the requirement by itself. So you don't need 3 cruisers for this assignment even though it's an eng focused assignment.

The thing is, check out the stats in that assignment:
    • It's an Engineering assignment, requiring 90 Eng/35 Tac/35 Sci.
    • The primary attribute of the T6 Rare ships range from 61-68.
    • The secondary attribute of the T6 Rare ships range from 24-25.
    • The Critical Success chance is exactly triple the excess Engineering stat on an Engineering assignment, while it's 4.8611 times the total excess, hinting at Engineering being the pertinent stat for determining the outcome.
    • Only Engineering gets the little icon, also hinting at Engineering being the pertinent stat for determining the outcome.

Now, flip it to a Science assignment with comparable stat arrays and a faction with a grand total of zero T6 C-Store Science ships... potentially leaving a 90 Science requirement and a set of 3 ships where the secondary Science attribute is 24-25. That sounds... troublesome. Especially when the leaked information indicates the "Lance" set being offered with New Dawn, we're working on a Federation Carrier design special event with no confirmation of a KDF/Rom equivalent being offered (assuming it ends up as a Science Carrier rather than a Dreadnought Carrier), and still no hint of a T6 Science Ship being made available to the KDF/Rom captains.

Thus my earlier question as to whether this had been taken into account when making the Klingon (and any potential Romulan) Campaigns... hint hint...
    Ah, but, as I said, the eng/tac/sci stats are determined by the actual ship stats. Thus I would expect the T5 BoP to have rather balanced stats. The examples we've seen have extreme stats. Also the examples we've seen have a stat total of 108. 108/3=36

So for the Nandi, it has 4/10/9 when you combine it's boff seats and console slots. so this ship would probably have a pretty high score for science, and a crappy one for Eng. Obviously it's top score would be tac though. rough guess: 20/48/40

for fleet Qin, 6/10/5, so this would be more like 30/50/28.

the fleet HoH'sus would probably be something like 35/38/35

and just for the lols... the Malon trash ship, 10/4/6, so that would be something like 50/23/35.

Oh, I acknowledge that there are cross-faction ships with Science as a primary/secondary focus... ships that are also available to Fed captains in addition to their superior selection of Science Ships. I do think you're a bit optimistic as far as the Nandi's Science stat, though, as you aren't factoring in the lack of a Secondary Deflector, Sensor Analysis, and Subsystem Targeting that leaves it a Warship with Science consoles/seating rather than any form of Science Ship. "Science" Carriers such as the Sarr Theln also suffer from this, having no Secondary Deflector or Sensor Analysis to support their Cmdr Sci seat and Sci-focused console setup. What this translates to in terms of the Admiralty Ship stats has yet to be seen, though from a gameplay perspective they are both incapable of making full use of Science abilities (their strengths lie elsewhere); BoPs are in the same metaphorical boat, having versatile seating that allows for the possibility of Cmdr Sci abilities but being designed for a different role entirely (gaining Flanking rather than anything Science related).

Similarly, there are T5 Science Ships available to both the KDF/Rom factions... which aren't likely to have primary stats in the 60's like the T6 ships shown. Looking at your math, which does strongly hint at stat totals of 108 for a T6 Rare, we'd probably be looking at stat totals of 90 for a T5 Rare... again leaving the KDF and RRF Admiralty Ships at a distinct disadvantage when trying to shoehorn a BoP into a Science role or using lower-tier Science Ships. We haven't gotten any indication of the impact of Rarity on the stat arrays, nor the potential stat arrays of a standard leveling ship such as the Vo'quv or Ha'nom, but I'd highly doubt that they'd be able to perform as well as the T6 C-Store ships shown in the blog.

That doesn't even get into the poor Varanus, victim of inferior initial design and long-term neglect. Maybe if it weren't a copy of the free DSSV with inferior stats, maybe if they'd buffed it last October along with the Federation's line of T5 Science Ships, maybe... oh never mind. In any case, we can only hope the Varanus is actually recognized as a C-Store Ship as far as its Admiralty Ship Rarity, since it never was as far as its gameplay stats.

While that's a related topic... that is starting to drift off topic from the Admiralty System as a whole. The bottom line is that the incomplete set of ship offerings (where one entire Profession remains under represented overall, and completely unrepresented at T6) for two of the three in-game factions will lead to a direct imbalance in the rewards available to those factions. In a way it's a bit funny... KDF and Rom captains can't even pay to win.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I know that there are people here excited about this new addition but I have to admit, now that the details are a little more solid, I'm a little underwhelmed. I guess I was quite naive when I first heard about the Admirality system and thought it might be a little more engaging than what seems to be coming our way. To me, this just seems to be another point-click-wait function to the game.

I had the silly notion that we would actually get to pull our old ships out of moth balls and pilot them for some new content especially created for this new system. Instead, it's "point-click-wait".

I'm not trying to bash on this new feature. Really, I'm not. But the game already has so much of this type of gameplay that I hoped it would be more.

I point-click-wait for DOFFing.
    I point-click-wait for R&D leveling.
    I point-click-wait for Reputation.
    Now, it'll be the Admirality system (SOFFing?)

I won't fully pass judgement until I've played with it a little bit myself and seen what these "rewards" are all about. I get the impression though that anything gained will pretty much just be used towards more Admirality stuff and if that's the case, I'll probably pass on the Poke-Trek.