test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Admiralty System

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    I'm actually one of those DOFFing people. I don't have the energy to seriously play every night after I get home from work. Some nights...yeah, I just want to click buttons and shoot the breeze with people on my TeamSpeak. Other days I actually do feel like playing. It's nice to still have something to show for my "tired" nights.

Same. Sometimes it's just fun to kick back, click a few buttons, and get rewarded.
    Can I suggest that while it may not change the game, be satisfying as exploration, or be terribly active, this whole thing might just be a nice perk for people who have ships?

That's along the lines I was thinking, too. It's not like the players who buy C-Store and Fleet-quality ships are getting the absolute best - the Event ships actually seem to be the best. So the whales will just have a more well-rounded roster, while everyone gets a chance at having the best ships. It's a nice reward for players who've spent money in the game, for sure. But there's clearly some thought given to the F2Pers.

All-around, I'm excited to see it hit Holodeck in its finished form.
    gradii wrote: »
    My words were "COULD". My point is we are saddled with bad writing. Using said bad writing to form opinions like this will naturally be affected by the quality of said writing.

Well, that's your opinion. But any opinion on the game, the factions, the story, etc, is based on the writing. So you can't really claim Point A, when ignoring Points B through Z also exist in the game world.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Apparently, the rewards (in addition to EC, specialization experience, and dilithium earned along the way) are:

30k dilithium and 2 spec points earnable every 10 days for completing both tours of duty (repeatable).
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Apparently, the rewards (in addition to EC, specialization experience, and dilithium earned along the way) are:

30k dilithium and 2 spec points earnable every 10 days for completing both tours of duty (repeatable).

Do like the sound of the rewards, but wish we could do all this through Gateway to take full advantage of it :neutral:

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »

Do like the sound of the rewards, but wish we could do all this through Gateway to take full advantage of it :neutral:

An app for Doffing, R&D, reputation and admiralty would be cool.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just had a thought... I'm willing to bet that the whole 'Account Reward Claim' thing we got during the Summer Event (Rep>Events>Store>Account Reward Claim) that made ships from the Summer, Winter and Anniversary Events account-wide unlocks if you earned them on any character was done with the upcoming Admiralty system in mind...

Addendum;
    Out of curiousity, has there been anything said about how Romulan players will be affected by the ability to use allied (Fed or KDF) ships for tiers 1 through 4? Will they have access to those 'cards' in addition to those of 'normal' Romulan ships?
    Post edited by turbomagnus on
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    Everybody wants to be an admiral until it's time to do admiral TRIBBLE.

It's a desk job! Push that paper!

Admiral 'stuff'... you mean like getting bossed around by Commanders/Subcommanders and Captains/Commanders everywhere we go like we were still Lieutenants puttering about in our little starter ships?

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Admiral 'stuff'... you mean like getting bossed around by Commanders/Subcommanders and Captains/Commanders everywhere we go like we were still Lieutenants puttering about in our little starter ships?

Well, to be fair, all those Commanders know we were in the Academy last year. We're like the Anti-Harry Kim [Voyager Version].
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Addendum;
    Out of curiousity, has there been anything said about how Romulan players will be affected by the ability to use allied (Fed or KDF) ships for tiers 1 through 4? Will they have access to those 'cards' in addition to those of 'normal' Romulan ships?

They should be able to as cards are granted based on whatever ship they commission, so if they can field the ship they can use it in the admiralty system.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    So, really, Romulans aren't as disadvantaged as they first seem since they can draw on their allies' ships to make up for any deficits in their own Warbirds' stats.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So, really, Romulans aren't as disadvantaged as they first seem since they can draw on their allies' ships to make up for any deficits in their own Warbirds' stats.
    Kinda ironically, for the lower tier regions Romulans will have access to more science ships then a Federation Captain, since they can also resort to the 2 lower tier Orion Science Vessels... Of course, at Tier 5+ that stops hard .
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    But not the T5 or T6 ships. Event ships add a lot of variety. Sarr Theln is really good here. Especially since it's special power is a maintenance reduction.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just a bit of info:
    At least one type of assignment can grant you a free one-use admirality ship (so no, you won't get a ship to fly for free, don't start dreaming). Got myself a blue T6 Guardian Cruiser (66 ENG, 21 TAC, 21 SCI with a 2.5x bonus from TAC) with just a success.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Just a bit of info:
    At least one type of assignment can grant you a free one-use admirality ship (so no, you won't get a ship to fly for free, don't start dreaming). Got myself a blue T6 Guardian Cruiser (66 ENG, 21 TAC, 21 SCI with a 2.5x bonus from TAC) with just a success.
    I got a Sheshar from one of them. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I wonder if the Tuffli and Suliban Freighters will also have a place in the Admirality system...

Suliban has a "Card", Tuffli has not.​​
    I wonder if the Tuffli and Suliban Freighters will also have a place in the Admirality system...

Suliban has a "Card", Tuffli has not.​​

Neither do any of the 'Small Craft' (Shuttles, Runabouts and Fighters) have 'cards', from what I understand.
  • davidsjonesdavidsjones Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I played some on the admiralty system on tribble. I like it, but it would be better if you could see exactly what you got as rewards for completing a mission. (On tribble, I completed one and it said I was awarded one of several packets selected at random but not which one I acctually got.)
    I played some on the admiralty system on tribble. I like it, but it would be better if you could see exactly what you got as rewards for completing a mission. (On tribble, I completed one and it said I was awarded one of several packets selected at random but not which one I acctually got.)
    I think there is a bug there. It might be that it just shows what you might get.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Oh, man, I can hear the complaints already if the rewards from the Admiralty system turn out to be random or blind rewards...
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Oh, man, I can hear the complaints already if the rewards from the Admiralty system turn out to be random or blind rewards...

The rewards are not random, you get EC, experience points, dilithium and R&D materials, completing the tours of duty awards 2 spec points and 30k dilithium
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Yeah, like the DOFF system you know what you're going to get, but not know what you'll get if you get a critical.

Only thing I really hope they do add, is additional methods of getting rid of Federation Prisoners you get from these Admirality missions. Ones that are just as profitable as the KDF Prisoner missions.
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    If you're doing missions that give prisoners as Fed, you're doing the wrong ones. IMO, Negotiate Prisoner Exchange is decent enough. There are also some Fleetbase projects that use up prisoners.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    So did I get this right: you will have access to all ships in the current roster and the ones you discarded ?
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    So did I get this right: you will have access to all ships in the current roster and the ones you discarded ?
    Depends on when you discard them. After the system goes live it would be like that, but any ships discarded earlier won't count.
    farshore wrote: »
    If you're doing missions that give prisoners as Fed, you're doing the wrong ones. IMO, Negotiate Prisoner Exchange is decent enough. There are also some Fleetbase projects that use up prisoners.
    if necessary you do have the option to dismiss prisoners. It's a sub-optimal choice most of the time, but if you need to clear space NOW....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    if necessary you do have the option to dismiss prisoners. It's a sub-optimal choice most of the time, but if you need to clear space NOW....

Or selling them on the exchange, Fed prisoners tend to go for a little more than KDF prisoners because they are a tad more rare.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

Or selling them on the exchange, Fed prisoners tend to go for a little more than KDF prisoners because they are a tad more rare.
    a TAD?! you can't swing a dead targ without hitting a prisoner as a kdf player, but as a fed player, you're far more likely to find a drop of water in the middle of the sahara than you are finding A prisoner, never mind multiple​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Yeah, most fed missions that give prisoners only give prisoners on a crit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • shakke29shakke29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi,

I like the the admiralty system, what I miss though is an overview to see how long each ship is still in maintenance. Would be great if you could add this.

Thank you
    Shakke
    shakke29 wrote: »
    Hi,

I like the the admiralty system, what I miss though is an overview to see how long each ship is still in maintenance. Would be great if you could add this.

Thank you
    Shakke

According to some people who have tried it on Tribble and posted information on the STO Wiki, it's based on Tier.
    Tier 1 - 10 minutes
    Tier 2 - 80 minutes (1 hour, 20 minutes)
    Tier 3 - 4 hours, 30 minutes
    Tier 4 - 10 hours, 40 minutes
    Tier 5 - 20 hours, 50 minutes
    Tier 6 - 36 hours (1 day, 12 hours)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    shakke29 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you
    Shakke

This does actually exist already. It's just placed in a slightly odd location, it's in the Roster tab rather than the Admiralty tab.
    9HIwzCc.jpg
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!