test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kavase wrote: »
    This is pretty straight forward and I'm not sure what the confusion is.

Based on what the OP has said happen is that she tried to do something(in this case dancing) that was being interfered with in a manner that prevented from occurring or doing so in a enjoyable manner...so moved away at least once, was followed, moved to different instances THREE TIMES and was followed in all cases.

This is stalking & harassment and is a volition of the TOS.

You can claim "it's just a game" all you want. The 'game' has rules however, and by playing the game, you agree to the said terms and conditions laid out by both Cryptic and PWE. Playing the game is a privilege not a right.

If you don't follow their rules here or any other game, you 'can' get canned. Simple.

Of course they will compare this to common activities like being on top of players in crowded cases..... but of course this is where you go from "Reasonable" to "unreasonable"..... character model collision in certain tight locations.... reasonable; specifically chasing someone around maps and between instances for the purpose of colliding with their model and disrupting their activities.... unreasonable. One is "normal game play" the other is harassment and griefing.... reasonable people like myself can tell the difference between the two.
  • wraithrapterwraithrapter Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to personally thank Starfleet Dental for giving me that lockbox ship. Regardless of their past history, they are giving things away with no strings attached. I can get my items, be on my merry way without ever worrying about getting stalked or attacked! I realize this isn't a foolish statement because I'm not the one who is actively going against them!

It's like bullying 101. Don't show interest in a certain person and they will leave you alone! :D
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to personally thank Starfleet Dental for giving me that lockbox ship.

If anyone from Dental is reading, please send me mine if you have a free moment please.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015
    Sorry for the double post, can't figure out how to edit my posts.

I realize that most of the posts in this thread are people feeling like they are being attacked based on the arguments they have provided. If you continuously base your arguments on major political figures that had nearly conquered the world almost 3/4 a century ago, expect a base of relatively coherent individuals to argue with how mundane that sounds. If you feel like your analogy was okay, comparing a fleet to TRIBBLE, you need to go outside and get a job in retail. People don't talk about that anymore. I don't go around and talk about that with people I feel I'm "connected to" and immediately reference assault and nazism. These sort of things don't work.

I'm not trying to attack any of you, I'm just trying to prove how mundane and weird it sounds to compare these things to people and why they reacted the way they did. Basic human interaction.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's like bullying 101. Don't show interest in a certain person and they will leave you alone! :D
    Yeah, right. My aloof attitude is why I was never bullied as a kid, why I never learned what it's like to be jumped by three larger boys and stuffed into things that were never meant to contain human beings, how my nose acquired the shape it retains to this day. Because I ignored them, and they left me alone.

If by "left me alone" you mean trebled their attacks, desperate to force me to acknowledge them. Bullies are never deterred by indifference - it seems to encourage them, rather than dissuade them, and the advice you give is the very worst sort of BS adults feed children, far more harmful in the long run than Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

I was speaking from a personal experience. Your results may vary.
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015

If they are violating the TOS(in which case this is what happened), report them, then show no interest is the best course of action.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, right. My aloof attitude is why I was never bullied as a kid, why I never learned what it's like to be jumped by three larger boys and stuffed into things that were never meant to contain human beings, how my nose acquired the shape it retains to this day. Because I ignored them, and they left me alone.

If by "left me alone" you mean trebled their attacks, desperate to force me to acknowledge them. Bullies are never deterred by indifference - it seems to encourage them, rather than dissuade them, and the advice you give is the very worst sort of BS adults feed children, far more harmful in the long run than Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

I'v never seen ignoring work. Alot of the times it just turns the bully into a psychopath because you don't give him the attention he craves.
    My parents always told me to do something the bully wouldn't expect. Like punching them in the face. That usually worked.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    What are actual customers?

Ah, my bad. They may not even be customers. Let me clarify.
    thissler wrote: »
    Huh.

A little banter about TRIBBLE. Slamming the cis-gender scum. Lighthearted pokes at heteros and their silly western 'religion'. Oh wait make that plural on religions.

And, I've only even TOUCHED on what the employees are posting.

Fire away boys! Give me a SAD!
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All I see is whining in this thread. You can't ban dancing! I WILL DANCE IF I WANT TO, ILL LEAVE MY FRIENDS BEHIND.
  • sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I know you meant that to be serious and heartfelt (with just a touch of trembling anger), but to me it just came off as the bad trailer for another cheesy Hallmark movie.
    sig2.jpg
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    We know about your kid, your childhood, your high-functioning autism, your marriage, and the list goes on. This isn't about you, believe it or not.

Jon meltdown in 3... 2.... 1.......
    edited June 2015

what a TRIBBLE thing to do.
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It's what they do.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2015

This.
    /10chars.
    I need a beer.

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djnydra wrote: »
    It's too bad that a few people (or even just one) can spoil the fun of a whole group of people!

Cryptic & PWE should stand by their own rules & enforce them; otherwise the trolls win & persist!

It's got to stop!:eek:

ingame content isnt monitored per se, however they have records of all ingame stuff, even the private pm's should something more serious come across. they do enforce them but hiring an ingame team to moderate the game is not only costly, but its also very ambigious as to what is acceptable or not on a game.

trolls like bad luck happens. you will always find a rotten apple that never fell off the tree or fell so far away, its better off they stay there. and it depends on your point of view as to how a troll has won.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2015
    I enjoy the fact that I got 3 responses to my s**t posting, and of those 3 responses, all of them were s**t posts themselves.

I am sustaining the forums better than branflakes ever did!
    edited June 2015
    As much as I hate the trolls, in STO there is very little they can do, not that I'm defending them but jumping around using Disco balls is pretty much the most they can do unless they continuously make new accounts to abuse people over chat.
    edited June 2015
    I got 3 responses to my s**t posting

At least you're honest.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least you're honest.

dont feed it, dont give it attention, it wants that. if you have a greedy cat, then you know the rest by now :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2015
    At least you're honest.

In the future, trolling never changes.
    edited June 2015
    dont feed it, dont give it attention, it wants that. if you have a greedy cat, then you know the rest by now :P

But it's so cute!
    edited June 2015
    :3c I'm the cutest.
    edited June 2015
    :3c I'm the cutest.

You are Lecutest of Borg.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You are Lecutest of Borg.

Definitely not Swedish. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    <sigh> Children... sometimes I wish schools didn't have vacations.

Shaz, I offer that example in order to counter the pernicious nonsense that ignoring bullies makes them go away. You see, to the bully it is important that you react, preferably in the way he wants you to (telling him to go away, cringing, maybe a little crying if he can get it). If you simply fail to react, that causes the bullying to become worse, in order to elicit a reaction - any reaction.

In many cases, reacting with physical violence will cause a bully to withdraw, because that's not an expected response - but in some cases, that merely causes the bully to give himself permission to escalate the violence further.

In the case of the bullying shown in this game (and in this thread, for that matter), this is not a consideration, as none of us are in any position to "do anything" to anyone else (thus the prevalence of John Gabriel's Greater Internet [Jerk]wad Theory, as demonstrated so very plentifully).

It is nice to know, however, that I have a fan who reads and remembers my every post. A bit flattering. A little creepy, but as my residence is kept safe by multiple dogs and one PTSD-afflicted veteran, I'm not too worried...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The dentals have just been feeding on this thread. Nothing will ever be done about them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Oh hey, we can add dog owner and PTSD to the list.
    You're keeping a list?

Okay, now it's a little creepier...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    <sigh> Children... sometimes I wish schools didn't have vacations.

Shaz, I offer that example in order to counter the pernicious nonsense that ignoring bullies makes them go away. You see, to the bully it is important that you react, preferably in the way he wants you to (telling him to go away, cringing, maybe a little crying if he can get it). If you simply fail to react, that causes the bullying to become worse, in order to elicit a reaction - any reaction.

In many cases, reacting with physical violence will cause a bully to withdraw, because that's not an expected response - but in some cases, that merely causes the bully to give himself permission to escalate the violence further.

In the case of the bullying shown in this game (and in this thread, for that matter), this is not a consideration, as none of us are in any position to "do anything" to anyone else (thus the prevalence of John Gabriel's Greater Internet [Jerk]wad Theory, as demonstrated so very plentifully).

It is nice to know, however, that I have a fan who reads and remembers my every post. A bit flattering. A little creepy, but as my residence is kept safe by multiple dogs and one PTSD-afflicted veteran, I'm not too worried...

This is some real stolenvalor.txt

If you were in the military you would have killed yourself long ago from the "bullying".

"I survived the ball busting and murdering but now I fight against those evil cyberbullies because I got PTSD. Being in the military makes me cool and people have to respect me, even when I'm acting like a huge manchild."
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The dentals have just been feeding on this thread.

That is what sociopaths do.
This discussion has been closed.