test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I don't think this game has GM's. But if, at some point, Trendy showed up on Risa, with her mighty ban'leth, I would be pleased as punch! :)

I do wonder just how high up in the food chain their benefactor is to be able to troll so openly and constantly and not be disbanded and permabanned.

Is there an event where that individual or fleet doesn't come up for some obnoxious behavior?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like to think that the OP did the right thing by trying to move away from someone that was tryhing to get right on top of them. What I would have done before moving to a private area was to at least move to a less populated instance and let anyone know who was at this gathering that you had invited to join you at the new instance.

I do agree that it is annoying to have someone else's toon right on top of you when you're just trying to have some fun with people that you want to have fun with. It ruins the game for them when there are people who are looking to be trolls.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know, on city subway cars you're packed in tight and close.... so therefore it is perfectly acceptable for someone to follow you around to the store, office and home bumping and grinding on you.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015
    Hey look that is m............ Not me!

But seriously, there are some trolls that even follow my friends around, saying perverted things only because they are a female trill wearing a bikini....

Of course report and ignore but I can imagine to how many others it happens to.

Maybe system that after x amount of reports a player is put on a temp ban...no? Or perma-ban!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What I would have done before moving to a private area was to at least move to a less populated instance and let anyone know who was at this gathering that you had invited to join you at the new instance.
    That was apparently exactly what the OP had done - which is where the "stalking" part comes in, as she and her friends were followed to two other instances.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I cant help but somewhat compare this to a real life occurrence I had recently.
    I was doing the dancing game and my 11 year old son was finding it hilarious to cover my toon on the screen with a playing card. Whilst mildly amusing for a second or two it quickly got annoying, (the threat of no pudding after dinner was enough to make him reconsider lol).
    The point is one usually plays a game (at least for me anyway) to actually see what one is doing.
    Someone impeding that is impeding ones enjoyment of said game and is just plain annoying.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've delt with him for years.. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and run into him out here, where he won't be able to hide behind a screen name. I'd like that. He wouldn't.

Uh huh. Hey, when you get hauled away on assault charges and your justification turns out to be "perceived slights on an internet forum/Star Trek videogame" do you think they'll bother to process your case normally or will they just toss you in the looney bin right away to save time?
    Relax.
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I cant help but somewhat compare this to a real life occurrence I had recently.
    I was doing the dancing game and my 11 year old son was finding it hilarious to cover my toon on the screen with a playing card. Whilst mildly amusing for a second or two it quickly got annoying, (the threat of no pudding after dinner was enough to make him reconsider lol).
    The point is one usually plays a game (at least for me anyway) to actually see what one is doing.
    Someone impeding that is impeding ones enjoyment of said game and is just plain annoying.

That sure is a great story of how awful a parent you are that you get upset at your kid when he clearly wants some attention, and you can't even step away from your horrible, crappy computer game to be a decent parent. Good job on being a horrible father.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    That sure is a great story of how awful a parent you are that you get upset at your kid when he clearly wants some attention, and you can't even step away from your horrible, crappy computer game to be a decent parent. Good job on being a horrible father.

I will pay you to have your balls removed, I'll consider my debts to society paid in full after its done. :rolleyes:
  • imasterstarimasterstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There seems to be a few misconceptions and a bit of confusion here...

Suzanna's party is NOT supposed to be a private party... it is actually a public party where anyone can attend and listen in - provided they follow the unspoken but very obvious condition to act civilly and respectfully around others. The troll in question here continuously attempted to disrupt the OP's party and kept on encroaching on her personal space (basically right in her face) - WITHOUT her consent. The troll in question also continued to stalk her and harass her across different locations and instances.

Some of the responses here unfortunately still seem to highlight an attitude of victim blaming. Whether it's downplaying the griefing offence or telling the victim to simply ignore it, it is exactly what lets these trolls/bullies/attackers get away with their actions and perpetrates the harassment that continues to occur.

Suzanna's post here isn't specifically just about "complaining" about some little "trivial" issue. This post is to expose the bullying and harassment that is still ongoing, and that trolling and harassment has to be stopped.

To those pulling the "this is only a video game" argument: Would you do something like this in real life where you go to any public event and start shoving yourself in someone's face and stalking someone around WITHOUT their consent? Why or why not? Why would this being "just a video game" where people think they can get away with such action make it ok here?

To the STO GMs and anyone at Cryptic that might be able to do something: Do you want your game to be a place where such attitudes and victim blaming allows such harassment to be perpetrated without consequence?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not sure where you two are getting "physical threats" or "assault.".

It's part of their MO: as soon as someone calls them on their harassment, they immediately turn the tables around and make it sound as if you're impeding on *their* rights to freely do whatever they want. Anyone who's ever seen Dental operate before, on Risa or on Vulcan, or wherever, knows this is one of their standard tactics. Rather transparent, really. And, while I still like to point the behavior out at times, just for those who get duped by it, it no longer upsets me, really.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »

I could say the same about your parents. :rolleyes:
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its a shame someone would do this. And see why you would get mad over it. I wouldn't like seeing a player all up in my face like that. No different than a person all in my face. Then they following you around still doing it. Then that is a problem.

Glad you solved it by doing your own private party and report the person.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    okay, this thread needs to be locked... Trendy?
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    in before the lock...........*TRIBBLE*
  • nalsexnalsex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015

*laughs hysterically and begins to cry at the same time*:eek:
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    walt04 wrote: »
    as far as giving away free stuff.. cool .. but is that not like giving a lollypop to your **** victim after you do the deed... just saying
    And when you go rubbing your privates against women that don't want that kind of attention and following them around at a public party you end up getting tossed out on your butt if you're lucky. More likely beaten up and arrested.

What is wrong with you?

Are you people so starved of real life interactions that you can only think of this video game as real life? Why are you so triggered by anyone not acting the same as you that you immediately go for the **** analogies? Seriously, seek help. Go outside, have some fun in the sun with real people, and please realise this is a game. It's not real.

Please seek help.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • nalsexnalsex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    What is wrong with you?

Are you people so starved of real life interactions that you can only think of this video game as real life? Why are you so triggered by anyone not acting the same as you that you immediately go for the **** analogies? Seriously, seek help. Go outside, have some fun in the sun with real people, and please realise this is a game. It's not real.

Please seek help.

This game is my life. I was laid off because of my horrible disability by thin-privileged cis-genders. You do not appreciate me, why should you be allowed to enjoy the game if I can't!!
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I honestly feel sad for any person who has to spend their time griefing other people. Just because it's not real life doesn't mean it's okay to start acting like a bunch of jerks to each other. Alot of people have family and friends in this game and wish to have an enjoyable time with them. If you can't do something as simple as showing an ounce of respect for your fellow human being, then you are the one who should not be here. Pixel or not, this is still social interaction.
    edited June 2015
    Oh look another one of the Dentals resorting to insulting dismissive posts when he can't refute creepy perv behavior and rule violations... As if we didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

The fact you see my pleas for you to go and have a fulfilling life as "insulting and dismissive" is incredibly saddening. Again, please seek help. :(
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh look another one of the Dentals resorting to insulting dismissive posts when he can't refute creepy perv behavior and rule violations... As if we didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

It is odd, no? Is it money? Is it blackmail? Just trying to figure out how Dental is still around...probably some combination. Course, it could be a Goonies thing - they'd have more influence. STO somewhere where they can drop off the folks that aren't quite up to snuff for something else. The minor leagues, so to speak...maybe a friends & family thing, eh?
    edited June 2015
    I do wonder just how high up in the food chain their benefactor is to be able to troll so openly and constantly and not be disbanded and permabanned.

I left my tinfoil hat off for this one. ;) I think it's all just a matter of pecunia:

Boss: Is there money to be made in enforcing the rules?
    Dev X: No.
    Boss: Is there money to be lost when we *don't* enforce the rules?
    Dev X: Not really.
    Boss: Then don't bother.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I left my tinfoil hat off for this one. ;) I think it's all just a matter of pecunia:

Boss: Is there money to be made in enforcing the rules?
    Dev X: No.
    Boss: Is there money to be lost when we *don't* enforce the rules?
    Dev X: Not really.
    Boss: Then don't bother.

The tinfoil hat version works better.

Boss: Yes, Dear Leader...at your command.
    edited June 2015
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    The fact you see my pleas for you to go and have a fulfilling life as "insulting and dismissive" is incredibly saddening. Again, please seek help. :(

Troll people then when they call you out, tell them they're obsessed and overly sensitive.

How manipulative, I have to say I'm proud.

But I think the people that need help are you.

You have some antisocial problems, this obsession with sadistic behaviour is not healthy, please seek psychiatric help. :rolleyes:
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Troll people then when they call you out, tell them they're obsessed and overly sensitive.

You have some antisocial problems, this obsession with sadistic behaviour is not healthy, please seek psychiatric help. :rolleyes:

So, telling the truth is manipulative? It really doesn't matter what anybody does that you call trolling, it doesn't change the fact that you really are obsessed and overly sensitive.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
    edited June 2015
    So, telling the truth is manipulative? It really doesn't matter what anybody does that you call trolling, it doesn't change the fact that you really are obsessed and overly sensitive.

So, calling people on their harassment is being overly sensitive? It really doesn't matter what you call it: trolling, by any other name, still remains trolling.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015

Now this is an interesting one,

I can't tell if he's trolling or just completely delusional, but either way please continue this is hilarious. :rolleyes:

Using my own argument against me, I really am proud.

But don't get too confident you're still an amateur. ;)
    edited June 2015

When you sound like you're reading from a cult pamphlet, folks are going to think you're reading from a cult pamphlet...
    edited June 2015

You can "no you" me all you want, the fact is there are people here who are so socially stunted they think what happens in game is tantamount to ****. That is disturbing, and they really should look into getting some treatment, or at least going outside once a day for ten minutes. The vitamin D from the sunshine can only help.
    Fx3popQ.png
This discussion has been closed.