test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We can dance ...or can we?

1679111216

Comments

  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's like bullying 101. Don't show interest in a certain person and they will leave you alone! :D
    Yeah, right. My aloof attitude is why I was never bullied as a kid, why I never learned what it's like to be jumped by three larger boys and stuffed into things that were never meant to contain human beings, how my nose acquired the shape it retains to this day. Because I ignored them, and they left me alone.

    If by "left me alone" you mean trebled their attacks, desperate to force me to acknowledge them. Bullies are never deterred by indifference - it seems to encourage them, rather than dissuade them, and the advice you give is the very worst sort of BS adults feed children, far more harmful in the long run than Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    wraithrapterwraithrapter Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    .

    I was speaking from a personal experience. Your results may vary.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's like bullying 101. Don't show interest in a certain person and they will leave you alone! :D

    If they are violating the TOS(in which case this is what happened), report them, then show no interest is the best course of action.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, right. My aloof attitude is why I was never bullied as a kid, why I never learned what it's like to be jumped by three larger boys and stuffed into things that were never meant to contain human beings, how my nose acquired the shape it retains to this day. Because I ignored them, and they left me alone.

    If by "left me alone" you mean trebled their attacks, desperate to force me to acknowledge them. Bullies are never deterred by indifference - it seems to encourage them, rather than dissuade them, and the advice you give is the very worst sort of BS adults feed children, far more harmful in the long run than Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

    I'v never seen ignoring work. Alot of the times it just turns the bully into a psychopath because you don't give him the attention he craves.
    My parents always told me to do something the bully wouldn't expect. Like punching them in the face. That usually worked.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    What are actual customers?

    Ah, my bad. They may not even be customers. Let me clarify.
    thissler wrote: »
    Huh.

    A little banter about TRIBBLE. Slamming the cis-gender scum. Lighthearted pokes at heteros and their silly western 'religion'. Oh wait make that plural on religions.

    And, I've only even TOUCHED on what the employees are posting.

    Fire away boys! Give me a SAD!
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All I see is whining in this thread. You can't ban dancing! I WILL DANCE IF I WANT TO, ILL LEAVE MY FRIENDS BEHIND.
  • Options
    sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, right. My aloof attitude is why I was never bullied as a kid, why I never learned what it's like to be jumped by three larger boys and stuffed into things that were never meant to contain human beings, how my nose acquired the shape it retains to this day. Because I ignored them, and they left me alone.

    If by "left me alone" you mean trebled their attacks, desperate to force me to acknowledge them. Bullies are never deterred by indifference - it seems to encourage them, rather than dissuade them, and the advice you give is the very worst sort of BS adults feed children, far more harmful in the long run than Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

    I know you meant that to be serious and heartfelt (with just a touch of trembling anger), but to me it just came off as the bad trailer for another cheesy Hallmark movie.
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    We know about your kid, your childhood, your high-functioning autism, your marriage, and the list goes on. This isn't about you, believe it or not.


    Jon meltdown in 3... 2.... 1.......
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Jon meltdown in 3... 2.... 1.......

    what a TRIBBLE thing to do.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    what a TRIBBLE thing to do.

    It's what they do.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    what a TRIBBLE thing to do.

    This.
    /10chars.
    I need a beer.

  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djnydra wrote: »
    It's too bad that a few people (or even just one) can spoil the fun of a whole group of people!

    Cryptic & PWE should stand by their own rules & enforce them; otherwise the trolls win & persist!

    It's got to stop!:eek:

    ingame content isnt monitored per se, however they have records of all ingame stuff, even the private pm's should something more serious come across. they do enforce them but hiring an ingame team to moderate the game is not only costly, but its also very ambigious as to what is acceptable or not on a game.

    trolls like bad luck happens. you will always find a rotten apple that never fell off the tree or fell so far away, its better off they stay there. and it depends on your point of view as to how a troll has won.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I enjoy the fact that I got 3 responses to my s**t posting, and of those 3 responses, all of them were s**t posts themselves.

    I am sustaining the forums better than branflakes ever did!
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As much as I hate the trolls, in STO there is very little they can do, not that I'm defending them but jumping around using Disco balls is pretty much the most they can do unless they continuously make new accounts to abuse people over chat.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I got 3 responses to my s**t posting

    At least you're honest.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least you're honest.

    dont feed it, dont give it attention, it wants that. if you have a greedy cat, then you know the rest by now :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least you're honest.

    In the future, trolling never changes.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dont feed it, dont give it attention, it wants that. if you have a greedy cat, then you know the rest by now :P

    But it's so cute!
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    :3c I'm the cutest.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    :3c I'm the cutest.

    You are Lecutest of Borg.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You are Lecutest of Borg.

    Definitely not Swedish. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Jon meltdown in 3... 2.... 1.......
    <sigh> Children... sometimes I wish schools didn't have vacations.

    Shaz, I offer that example in order to counter the pernicious nonsense that ignoring bullies makes them go away. You see, to the bully it is important that you react, preferably in the way he wants you to (telling him to go away, cringing, maybe a little crying if he can get it). If you simply fail to react, that causes the bullying to become worse, in order to elicit a reaction - any reaction.

    In many cases, reacting with physical violence will cause a bully to withdraw, because that's not an expected response - but in some cases, that merely causes the bully to give himself permission to escalate the violence further.

    In the case of the bullying shown in this game (and in this thread, for that matter), this is not a consideration, as none of us are in any position to "do anything" to anyone else (thus the prevalence of John Gabriel's Greater Internet [Jerk]wad Theory, as demonstrated so very plentifully).

    It is nice to know, however, that I have a fan who reads and remembers my every post. A bit flattering. A little creepy, but as my residence is kept safe by multiple dogs and one PTSD-afflicted veteran, I'm not too worried...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The dentals have just been feeding on this thread. Nothing will ever be done about them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Oh hey, we can add dog owner and PTSD to the list.
    You're keeping a list?

    Okay, now it's a little creepier...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    <sigh> Children... sometimes I wish schools didn't have vacations.

    Shaz, I offer that example in order to counter the pernicious nonsense that ignoring bullies makes them go away. You see, to the bully it is important that you react, preferably in the way he wants you to (telling him to go away, cringing, maybe a little crying if he can get it). If you simply fail to react, that causes the bullying to become worse, in order to elicit a reaction - any reaction.

    In many cases, reacting with physical violence will cause a bully to withdraw, because that's not an expected response - but in some cases, that merely causes the bully to give himself permission to escalate the violence further.

    In the case of the bullying shown in this game (and in this thread, for that matter), this is not a consideration, as none of us are in any position to "do anything" to anyone else (thus the prevalence of John Gabriel's Greater Internet [Jerk]wad Theory, as demonstrated so very plentifully).

    It is nice to know, however, that I have a fan who reads and remembers my every post. A bit flattering. A little creepy, but as my residence is kept safe by multiple dogs and one PTSD-afflicted veteran, I'm not too worried...

    This is some real stolenvalor.txt

    If you were in the military you would have killed yourself long ago from the "bullying".

    "I survived the ball busting and murdering but now I fight against those evil cyberbullies because I got PTSD. Being in the military makes me cool and people have to respect me, even when I'm acting like a huge manchild."
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The dentals have just been feeding on this thread.

    That is what sociopaths do.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    This is some real stolenvalor.txt

    If you were in the military you would have killed yourself long ago from the "bullying".

    "I survived the ball busting and murdering but now I fight against those evil cyberbullies because I got PTSD. Being in the military makes me cool and people have to respect me, even when I'm acting like a huge manchild."

    Given the personal integrity he shows, I'd believe he was in the military. US military veterans who served honorably tend to defend people against bullies. It's a component of the personal integrity and discipline that is needed for that kind of service.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    This is some real stolenvalor.txt

    If you were in the military you would have killed yourself long ago from the "bullying".

    "I survived the ball busting and murdering but now I fight against those evil cyberbullies because I got PTSD. Being in the military makes me cool and people have to respect me, even when I'm acting like a huge manchild."

    Did that make you feel better? To try to rip down someone who was actually being very civil.

    You must be the hit of loserland, population one via your moms basement. Hmm that was alot easier than not being a TRIBBLE. I think I understand you now. Your just a simple person, you see nice people but your not happy so you be complete jagoffasaur.
This discussion has been closed.