test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• lokienthorlokienthor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    really not understanding the issue here...

How do you not understand the issue?...:confused:

People trying to have some fun in a game they pay for with hard earned money they make working...we all sign that thing called a TOS.. It is shown under many different articles of the document, many of the TOS this person is breaking and has been breaking for some time now..Yeah we can ignore, yeah we can just stand there and do nothing...BUT we shouldn't have to, we pay money to play, some of us are lifers some of us aren't. Still no excuse to say oh I pay this so and so company money so I should be able to do whatever I wish whenever I want. If that happened MMO's in general would have been dead a long time ago.

On another note, I go to these parties, that she has, are they fun? Yes very much so, met alot of very nice people and friends at these parties..good tunes and great company, for something I pay for is better than no company, miserable, and have to suck the fun out of an event or a gathering because it is "fun"...Well it gets old and have many of times stood there for 30+ minutes letting them do whatever they want, and yet they still go on with it...so the staying in one place and ignoring them is kinda hard to do when your trying to have a good time.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funny, ain't it?! Whenever I open threads about trolling and griefing other players, I'm seeing the usual Dental folks justifying said trolling and griefing. Coincidence?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Amazingly, the OP actually solved his own problem by moving to a private zone to have a private event. Without any kind of disruption. Shocking I know.

So you have not read what I have written, obviously.

1] the event was meant to be at Risa incorporating the dance event mission for rewards.

2] A ship can only hold approx 20, so as usually 50 plus come to my radio parties, so many could not get in.

Oh no disruption at all really?!!!haha

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And you wonder why trolls have such a good time here.

You people are so easy to provoke it's child's play.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Funny, ain't it?! Whenever I open threads about trolling and griefing other players, I'm seeing the usual Dental folks justifying said trolling and griefing. Coincidence?!

So if I understand you correctly Taylor, you're saying the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • lokienthorlokienthor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I question whether "we are having a dance party in a public risa zone during the event and YOU CANT COME BECAUSE WE DONT LIKE YOU SO LEAVE" is a valid thing to be considered a "player event" for the purpose of the terms of service.

If she didn't want people there she would be posting in zone and in local, hey go to so and so link...so what you are saying isn't even justifiable..that is an assumption you are having. I have never seen anyone asked to leave such an event or player event ever...so what you are saying isn't even right...:confused:

The person is following her, as he has been doing many of times, he is trying to have "fun"...and none of the event she has had have ever been private..and if they were they were for a celebration of an annivesary...Obviously you don't understand the OP because what you are saying has been justified by said OP or other posters..:confused:
    edited June 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    So if I understand you correctly Taylor, you're saying the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate?

I see what you did there. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh, our fleet RP'd in Risa once but not during the high season. Lol Risa should have been dead as a doornail so I'm not quite sure how those Dental folks found us.

But seriously we just switched from local chat to a our private channel and collectively ignored them. I'm rather proud of my fleet actually because not one of us gave any outward recognition of the Dentals.

Needless to say it was less than ten minutes before they beamed out and left us alone. ;) Take from that what you will.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The OP was about how somone she didn't like kept coming to her public dance parties and refusing to leave. And, since she disliked this person a huge amount, she made her dance party private just to exclude him or her.

Like Arthur Miller wrote in Death of a Salesman, "Spite, spite is the word of your undoing!"

You keep (conveniently) leaving out that she kept leaving and he kept following, finally having to resort to a private bridge instance to keep him from pursuing.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited June 2015
    If we are going to suspend disbelief for a moment and actually consider "personal space" for the toon in the video game to be a legitimate actual thing, then there are only a few solutions.

Full time GMs dedicated to measuring the space between toons and separating them if they are too close and somone reports it.
    -this breaks any bounds of suspended disbelief and goes into bankruptcy/laughingstock territory.

A collision bubble around a toon that repels other toons from getting close to it.
    -this would be problematic in tight spaces and when people wanted to pose for screenshots

A force push type power that can be used to forcibly repel toons that get too close.
    -relatively reasonable, given the absurd context.

Typical Dental being typical.

And you couldn't be more wrong. This is not about people claiming personal space; in fact, ironically, quite the oppsite: it's about shared space, and how to comport yourself therein. No 'collision bubble around a toon' is required: respecting other people's boundaries comes natural to most of us, is the point.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    No one has even tried to explain how "we are moving our dance party, leave we don't like you you aren't welcome." Gives any person who wants to dance any reason to obey the supposed king of risa' commandments.

We had a party on risa today and hopped instances, didn't try to tell anyone they weren't welcome and had to leave. That kind of thing just isn't on.

Star Trek is about INcluding people not EXcluding people.

If this OP is upset that her own spiteful behavior, done solely to exclude a person she didn't like, forced her to leave risa, well, Arthur Miller wrote a play about that didn't he...

At that point are the poor oppressed stalkers there to dance or are they there to harass?

If they are there to dance and someone leaves, they can continue to dance.

If they are there to harass and their target leaves, they can't continue to harass unless they follow their target.
    edited June 2015

But that's not kosher in a public party. You have a public party, it's open to the public see?

Then you act the fool, get asked to leave, don't, then the party leaves you, and then you cry foul when they keep running from you.
    edited June 2015
    At some point, you have to look the tiger in the eye and start to really think about it. If a whole dance party is moving just to exclude one person that they hate, or that refuses to follow the orders of the King of Risa to obey and leave, where is the anti social behavior really being displayed.

Once again, Star Trek is about INclusion, not EXclusion.

The stalker chooses to pursue by changing instances.

When the party left, he didn't have to do anything. He chose to pursue to continue the harassment. He took the action to continue it. The ball of wrongness is squarely in his court.
    edited June 2015
    And when you go rubbing your privates against women that don't want that kind of attention and following them around at a public party you end up getting tossed out on your butt if you're lucky. More likely beaten up and arrested.

Hand to God, were I a Douwd, I'd ban Dental. No, no, you don't understand the scope of my intent. I wouldn't ban just one Dental, or a hundred, or a thousand. I would ban them all. All Dentals, everywhere.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    This is utter madness! It's lunacy!

Perspective!!!

"We can dance, or can we..."

"We cannot dance because somone else is dancing too!"

Perspective, please!

Dance, yes.

Stalk, no.
    edited June 2015
    "First they came for the dentists, but I was not a dentist, so..."

People asking you to stop stalking women != you being persecuted! Snap out of your sociopathic mindset, please.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I imagine the Dentals are getting a kick out of this thread. Good work, everyone, on ending trolling forever by giving them more to laugh at by claiming a "victim" label over some inconsequential "radio party" on a video game bleeding members daily.

Fortunately, I wasn't a victim, as I simply wasn't there. :)

Dental trolling/harassing other people, however, has nonetheless become repetitive and epic.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I imagine the Dentals are getting a kick out of this thread. Good work, everyone, on ending trolling forever by giving them more to laugh at by claiming a "victim" label over some inconsequential "radio party" on a video game bleeding members daily.

I'm just trying to see if their mental contortions will reach a point that their reality will be twisted so much it will collapse into a singularity.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know, cursedwolf - I've come to find the deliberate obtuseness tiresome. When I can get more coherent self-justifications from an autistic ADHD-afflicted nine-year-old (and I do, on a daily basis), the trolls here become less amusing and more just plain boring.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't know, cursedwolf - I've come to find the deliberate obtuseness tiresome. When I can get more coherent self-justifications from an autistic ADHD-afflicted nine-year-old (and I do, on a daily basis), the trolls here become less amusing and more just plain boring.

I see it as the halting problem of trolls.

Have they gone into an infinite loop of claiming ignorance or is there a state that will cause them to trip up.

The protestations have gotten less inspired though, so your point stands.
    edited June 2015
    I'm just trying to see if their mental contortions will reach a point that their reality will be twisted so much it will collapse into a singularity.

There's An Ability For That: Sanity Integrity Collapse. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    now im not quite sure how to avoid triggering people on the risa dance floor.
    if i am trying to improve my sensitivity, should i now ask permission to join the dance? if so, do i just ask in zone? or is local a better option?
    edited June 2015
    I think they are fairly intelligent, enough that they know who exactly is going to flip out and cause drama so they can sit back and enjoy it. All of you are implicit in this, as well -- even Jon, who can't seem to help himself from adding his two cents repeatedly even though he finds the topic "boring" and "tiresome." Yet here he is, and you, cursed wolf.

If they slip up and admit in anyway they knew that what they were doing was wrong or against the ToS the banhammer can swing freely and will do everyone else a great service in being rid of them, hopefully once and for all, though one can only likely hope.
    edited June 2015
    I'm sure they're well aware of that. It's not exactly rocket science.

It's just a matter of giving them a sufficient amount of rope.
    edited June 2015
    And getting the PWE GM's off their butts and enforcing the rules.

I don't think this game has GM's. But if, at some point, Trendy showed up on Risa, with her mighty ban'leth, I would be pleased as punch! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I don't think this game has GM's. But if, at some point, Trendy showed up on Risa, with her mighty ban'leth, I would be pleased as punch! :)

Trendy isn't a child and would probably be laughing at people claiming harrasment or stalking, just as Askray is now.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Except for the fact that the person in question wasn't innocently dancing. He was following the OP around and deliberately rubbing up against the character like a perv. Which was proven with screenshots. :rolleyes:

While I am not doing Risa, so I have not seen any of this, this time around, I have seen what the behavior you're describing is like when people have done it in other locations, and it is very different from simply beaming in on top of somebody or stopping too late to avoid a collision with another player. It's pretty hard to think how the intent of it could be mistaken for anything other than what it is.

My advice is that if it happens, report that toon privately so that they can't spin it back on you for "daring" to use the term for exactly what they are doing, because they will then claim their sensibilities have been offended and that couldn't *possibly* be what they are actually *intending* to do, and how dare you use such a vulgar word *in public*!!!1!111

But DO explain it in your report, what was occurring.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • apeinuiapeinui Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same guy did the same thing to me the other day. I wasn't doing anything other than dancing, so i just moved my camera and ignored it. Didn't save a pic or anything.
  • sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How many times must we suffer through the indignity of pixel harassment? This has to end. Pixels have feelings too, you know.

Oh, won't somebody please think of the pixels!
    sig2.jpg
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One of these days the culprits in question will once again do thier thing at the wrong place, and at the wrong time.. And the GM's will give them a time out from STO... at least on their main accounts.

The moment someone said blue bearded in the thread I knew who it was.

Dear old mister rules lawyer.. He's been an utter pain to far to may people in this game since launch. If it were my call as a GM I'd have put him on a permanent ban at least 2 years ago.

He's very good at disimilation, and very good at sidetracking when it is brought up in the forums.

I feel sorry for him. His form of entertainment would not be tolerated for any length of time out side of this game. MMO Operators like Blizzard would have cut him off at the knees and perma banned him long ago. I've seen numerous MMO operators be very pro active about maintaining the social space of the game. And very visibly.

Cryptic how ever is not to be counted as an entity that does this. The proof? Ol blue beard there.
    He still has an account, he still plays, and he still grief players. And Risa, Risa is his happy hunting ground.

He's a jerk.

I've delt with him for years.. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and run into him out here, where he won't be able to hide behind a screen name. I'd like that. He wouldn't.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
This discussion has been closed.