Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode: House Pegh Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It is on the exact same level as Neelix and Dexa being mentioned as a couple in-game. No different whatsoever. Are you saying their sexual preference should've been excluded as well.

Also in the previous episode we see Miral Paris: the product, presumably, of B'Elanna and Tom having sexual intercourse. Also, B'Elanna and Tomare married! Is that "dirty" or is it only same sex couple that is dirty.

I recall this person railing against LGBT fleets maybe 2 years ago. "You should just be people not gays." BS.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No he did not, he only injured it with the help of others or are going to say that having in the middle of battle dumping Omega Particles on top of his opponent was "honorable"?

No Death is Pointless.

It is the ultimate sacrifice.

Also see: "STO Klingons" they are a different breed from the IP.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    I'll be blunt, but sexual preferences should be kept out of the game.

What people do in RP or in their fleet is their choice, but things like this bit of trash (not because of a dislike towards LGBT but because of its place in the game) should be kept out of general content of the game.

This game is supposed to be for all ages and anything sexual should be not have made it into the game.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You heard him Cryptic, all the people and critters need to be deleted from the game, because "sexual" content is bad, mmmm-kay. Oh, and delete the plants too, because pollination is dirty.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, I see, so no character in the game should have any sort of mate, spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend then. Got it. Enjoy the Supreme Court ruling next month.

Which is something THAT SHOULD NOT be going on. The Federal Government, in Supreme Court in particular, is stepping outside it's jurisdiction here.

Regulation of marriage or legal unions is a STATE matter. NOT a Federal one.

More and more States are changing their laws. In most of the States where referendums have failed, it was very close. Even in the Bible Belt. That's a positive sign that things are slowly changing.

That's how you effect change. Through education, time, example, and working to change people's attitudes. Patient gradualism. Not using an over-bloated national government to force it on society, often at the point of a gun and force of law. Just look how the issue of race relations in the United States were handled by Washington D.C. in the years after the Civil War. Some of the underlying damage can still be seen today, in the early 21st Century.

But the Radicals have to have it NOW. And because of that, you can expect problems down the road that will hurt the cause of TRIBBLE rights in America. Not to mention further erode the separation of powers between the Federal and State governments, which has already caused serious damage to our Federalist system in the last 150 years.

Anyway, I'm done with this. It's off-topic and will likely get the thread locked if we get mired in a social debate, no matter how intelligent and calm it may be. :)
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice episode looking forward to the next or whenever bops get a place in the game and when this specialization thing ends up not being an xp grindfest.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It is on the exact same level as Neelix and Dexa being mentioned as a couple in-game. No different whatsoever. Are you saying their sexual preference should've been excluded as well?

Preferably, but since that was already fact from the voyager series it could be included.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Overall, I enjoyed the mission. The voice acting was much better than the last mission and the characters were far less annoying. You also felt more in charge of the mission, changing the parameters so as not to destroy warp travel for light years around, although some dialog about it being for the greater good would have been appreciated here. Perhaps you could have agreed with the Klingon instead of just shooting him down on his plan.

That's ust a minor complaint though, my bigger gripes are about Kahless and the sword. Kahless was a cool secret addition and it was fun too run around with him. That said, when was it established that his sword was anything special. Sure there are many myths surrounding it and I can see Klingons just blindly accepting that it's special, but Starfleet and Romulan officers accepting that no question? Really? All it would have taken is some typicall Star Trek techno babel to explain how it could hurt Iconians (Maybe it's imbued with chronitons, which we know from Sela hurt Iconians). Hopefully future missions explain this.

My biggest gripe though is that Kahless just cut the Iconians arm off. Why? It was helpless, why not chop it's head off? You still could of had Kahless die, he could have been overrun by the Herald's who forced your character to retreat. This still would have left the sword behind and left the Omega particle facility intact so the ending still would be pretty much the same. Despite the death of an Iconian the war still would seem bleak.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Preferably, but since that was already fact from the voyager series it could be included.

Guess we should exclude Orions and have them only as shooty targets as well, then. Watch the KDF side get more riled up than you at that, though. ^_^

*uses Seduce on a Defiler and laughs as he kills all the other heralds*
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fun episode. Thanks.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tasshena wrote: »
    Guess we should exclude Orions and have them only as shooty targets as well, then. Watch the KDF side get more riled up than you at that, though. ^_^

*uses Seduce on a Defiler and laughs as he kills all the other heralds*
    Don't forget the Soothing Pheromones kit module. I have two. One on my Sci Gorn, the other on my Pakled. :D
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I am sorry but the ground trait is TRIBBLE if it does not include melee... the name of the trait is UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL yet it only effects range weapons?

I believe it would be better called 'Knee Capper' personally, though since I have a toon specifically geared and built for ground I will make sure she gets it as soon as I can play the mission. Can't wait to see how the trait works on the alt fire of the Undine Plasma Lance ;)
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I'm extremely happy for LGBT characters in STO. It's a shame it was something the series struggled to achieve.

What people do in RP or in their fleet is their choice, but things like this bit of trash (not because of a dislike towards LGBT but because of its place in the game) should be kept out of general content of the game.

This game is supposed to be for all ages and anything sexual should be not have made it into the game.

Hrmm, that I don't get...cause the game didn't make a big deal out of it at all. Just normal, run of the mill, no different than anything else.

Now if you'd said something about players making a big deal out of it...trying to make it special...yeah, that's kind of /facepalm area for me too. If they want something to be normal, then just treat it as something normal...don't keep trying to make it something special, right? It's one or the other...they should pick one: normal or special.

...but as far as the game, folks having loved ones isn't sexual. We're not watching hankypanky cutscenes...almost all of the NPCs in the game came from somewhere, yeah? There wasn't anything overtly sexual about it. So it's hard not to see it as a dislike.
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hrmm, that I don't get...cause the game didn't make a big deal out of it at all. Just normal, run of the mill, no different than anything else.

Now if you'd said something about players making a big deal out of it...trying to make it special...yeah, that's kind of /facepalm area for me too. If they want something to be normal, then just treat it as something normal...don't keep trying to make it something special, right? It's one or the other...they should pick one: normal or special.

...but as far as the game, folks having loved ones isn't sexual. We're not watching hankypanky cutscenes...almost all of the NPCs in the game came from somewhere, yeah? There wasn't anything overtly sexual about it. So it's hard not to see it as a dislike.

Not only that, but if B'Eler's orientation was to be an issue, shouldn't the fits have been thrown 4ish years ago when the Devidian arc was added? B'Eler is the scientist you consult during 'Spin the Wheel', and she mentions her mate then. All 'House Pegh' has added is that we get to meet the other half.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This flavor of complaint says much more about the person making it than it does about the content.

Good rule of thumb: replace the characters with a heterosexual couple, change nothing else except any pronouns necessary for sentences to still make sense, and see if it's still "trash" or "sexual" content.

If none of the content would be the least bit remarkable if the couple was heterosexual, and you've still got a problem with it... look inwards for the problem, not outwards.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    fortrun61fortrun61 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I played through the new FE to see what all the hulla baloo was all about and was quite frankly disgusted and saddened.

LGBT themes or there of have no place in games or anywhere else to be honest.

I fully expect to be belittled by so called tolerants, but it has to be said.

This was a bad move on the part of the writers and devs and they should be ashamed.

As I have said in a direct e-mail to the company, I will not spend a dime on this game over this nor will I ever support them or PWE unless they re-verse this move and leave such things out moving forward.

I don't recall the other times this theme has showed up in the other parts of the game to be honest, but the point still stands.

This is a game all ages play, shame......

Edit..........
    To clarify theme... It soley is just for general speaking terms, don't take it too literal.
    It's simply saying cases where the writers felt it necessary to include, mention, and etc.
    An encompassing term to mean all the mentioned above examples.

I should of gotten that written from the get go, but what can ya do.
    The overall point still stands as I have said in the above original statement.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015

My personal take on it is that theres only one character in Star Trek that's sexuality should be obvious... Rom. Talk about punching way above ones weight!

To be honest, with exception to Kirks Fonzie impersonations (our should it have been Fonzie with his Kirk impersonations), I never saw the point of romance/sexuality in Star Trek. The only thing I cam say that I actually like about Picard in the early years was that he was very professional. The guy could have been totally TRIBBLE and we would never have known about it, or cared. I really didnt like the way they played Riker as the sort of Space Stud, it just didnt click.
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love the Iconian interior, though it did seem a tad short. I also have to wonder why the explosives weren't set off. I don't remember seeing anything about them being removed.

I've co me up with a theory about whats going to happen in future episodes. Given the fact that the Krenim have been pretty much wiped out by Iconian orders, I'm anticipating an episode in which we go to Krenim space in an attempt to salvage temporal tech and/or rescue Krenim survivors and thereby gain access to chroniton weapons or something to create chroniton fields to disrupt the Iconian minds. Either that or someone's gonna try to wipe out the Iconians with one of those major temporal erasures. There's also the fact that Voyager was in Krenim space on a covert op in their space, which likely means they could have picked up something without realizing it. Given how dangerous Omega is, I'm guessing that the use of Omega to disable an Iconian will be limited, in favor of the temporal weapons.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As someone who hates space combat I found the mission quite fun.
    The rewards are awesome this time. I got myself a disruptor critdx3 pulsewave .
    Still the klingon song form the doomsday device is better, but nice try.:P
    Kahless the unforgettable badass we will miss you snif snif .:(:o:o
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I'm afraid that with the activism surrounding the LGBT scene an appearance ingame and all the fuzz about the subject are intertwined. The controversial nature of LGBT in some countries is one more reason why adding this was a prime example of poor judgement. Though i regret this to be the case heterosexual relations have a lot less impact.

But it is still besides the point. If this game is supposed to be for all ages then more mature content (examples of this being sexual preferences, nudity and dismemberment/ flying body parts) should not be entered in the game.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But it is still besides the point. If this game is supposed to be for all ages then more mature content (examples of this being sexual preferences, nudity and dismemberment/ flying body parts) should not be entered in the game.
    Two things.

One: the game is not for "all ages". It has an ESRB rating of "Teen", which is recommended for 13 and up. A thirteen-year-old can be expected to be aware of the fact that TRIBBLE people exist.

Two: a character appearing with or mentioning the name of their romantic partner is not "mature" content.

As I said before: complaining that the mere appearance of a TRIBBLE character or couple constitutes "inappropriate", "sexual", or "mature" content says quite a lot more about the worldview of the person complaining than it does about the content. It tells the world that you reduce everyone--or worse, just LGBT people--to being nothing more than their romantic or sexual preferences, even when those preferences aren't mentioned.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm afraid that with the activism surrounding the LGBT scene an appearance ingame and all the fuzz about the subject are intertwined. The controversial nature of LGBT in some countries is one more reason why adding this was a prime example of poor judgement. Though i regret this to be the case heterosexual relations have a lot less impact.

But STO's not an all ages game.

PEGI has it as 12.

The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 12 years and over only.
    It contains: Non realistic looking violence towards human characters
    This game allows the player to interact with other players ONLINE

ESRB has it as Teen.

Set in the year 2409, this game (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) allows players to assume the role of either a Federation Starship captain or a warrior for the Klingon Empire. Players can select a spaceship, navigate around asteroids and debris, and defend against enemy raids—this space combat represents approximately 50% of the game. The more intense combat takes place on the ground (roughly 35% of gameplay), as players use phaser guns to attack enemies in frenetic firefights: the sound of laser gunfire is prominent; characters stagger back when hit, then lie face down when defeated (though some characters get right back up and others disappear after a short period). The game's 'Character Creation' section allows players to customize the appearance of their character; players are able to adjust the bust size of certain female characters to exaggerated proportions. Dialogue/text may also contain mildy suggestive phrases such as 'I'll be your guide to . . . pleasures of the body' and 'the pleasure goddess of Rixx.'
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Loved the episode!

The voice work was fantastic as well!

Who voices Ramir? He sounds familiar..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The FE missions are certainly heavy on the ground stuff aren't they? Also, no Nog?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Has evidently never seen Kahless's first appearance (TOS, he lost to Abraham Lincoln). :rolleyes:

Ok im calling you on this duncan

Before lincoln went into public office the man was a badass you need to research the man before saying to much .
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fortrun61 wrote: »
    I played through the new FE to see what all the hulla baloo was all about and was quite frankly disgusted and saddened.

This was a bad move on the part of the writers and devs and they should be ashamed.

As I have said in a direct e-mail to the company, I will not spend a dime on this game over this nor will I ever support them or PWE unless they re-verse this move and leave such things out moving forward.

I don't recall the other times this theme has showed up in the other parts of the game to be honest, but the point still stands.

I am an adult and don't want to see it.

Don't let the door hit your TRIBBLE on the way out.

Or should I ask...

Can I have your stuff? :D j/k
  • Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't have a problem with homosexual stuff, but throwing it in for this FE felt like Cryptic was just trying to use recent events as fodder for "Hey look, we're cool with it too"

I don't see a point bringing it up on a supposed high risk mission, no matter what kind of couple it was.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    This flavor of complaint says much more about the person making it than it does about the content.

Good rule of thumb: replace the characters with a heterosexual couple, change nothing else except any pronouns necessary for sentences to still make sense, and see if it's still "trash" or "sexual" content.

If none of the content would be the least bit remarkable if the couple was heterosexual, and you've still got a problem with it... look inwards for the problem, not outwards.
    For what it's worth, I did present the Neelix/Dexa appearance to Questerius, and he/she had no change in opinion for that just because it was a hetero couple.

IMHO, Questerius' opinion of it still perplexes me.

The fact is, there are exactly zero LGBT themes in the new FE. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary at all. A passing mention of homosexual couples is no different than a passing mention of heterosexual couples.

Looking to be belittled? You won't find it from me. I just give you hard facts and ask you questions.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    takeguru wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with homosexual stuff, but throwing it in for this FE felt like Cryptic was just trying to use recent events as fodder for "Hey look, we're cool with it too"

I don't see a point bringing it up on a supposed high risk mission, no matter what kind of couple it was.

idk what the hell Y'all keep yammering about i did not see anything homo or heterosexual in this mission you people need to get out more and get you F-Ing minds from the gutter.:mad:
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Are you playing an eroge version of STO? I ask simply because I don't see a whole LGBT theme. I see a couple of Klingon females doing their jobs, but I don't see a whole theme...

Honestly, I find the folks that were all happy about seeing B'Eler and her mate just as silly. She's just a teammate, with her mate, both helping you on your mission. She's not a walking TRIBBLE hyperbole... she just is.

The only ones getting up on their soapboxes are the folks on both ends saying how wonderful and how terrible her mere existence is.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
This discussion has been closed.