Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode: House Pegh Now Live!

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I understand that you, being the head PR person, need to carry out an investigation because one of your underlings has done something to cause your suspicion, I find the notion absolutely silly that if person A's opinion doesn't match person B's opinion, person B can use whatever force of authority they have. That's the stuff that causes actual wars.

I find it silly that Bluegeek is on probation for simply stating an opinion that had no effect on anything else but the discussion of the episode's content.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, all moderators on a forum of this much activity should naturally be reviewed in performance occasionally regardless of their personal views, perhaps you already do so. Nonetheless, while I disagreed with his views, Almost all moderators tend to do their job independent of their personal views on forums I've seen and he appears to be no exception from what I've seen, and being a moderator is not the same as being a Cryptic employee either and as I recall being in their sigs as a disclaimer, their personal views do not reflect Cryptics or PWE's, Never have never will.

They are just community volunteers who's job is to maintain order, not suddenly become an image of the company or it's policies, they are merely another one of us posters with an extra privilege because they were trusted to act according to the book by enforcing TOU compliance, they were not selected because of their personal views. Every moderator I can assure has aspects of their personal lives just like the rest of us that would be improper to bring up as a subject according to the TOU and would differ from how they do their job, so they don't, and he didn't violate the TOU by stating his personal views in civil manner. Frankly, few else I have seen yet on the forums here is impartial enough to be qualified as moderator, not sure where they'd get more from here without resorting to paid PWE employee's dedicated to the task.

He has his own views, but nonetheless, they've had nothing to do with his job here as a mod.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The style of trial I hope not to see:

https://youtu.be/Nx1oplxmOOs?t=1m53s (TRIBBLE video quality but the only one I could find)

Take heed of Worf's objections...he was right but the Judge still ruled against Kirk. (Note: I do not see Kirk's and Bluegeek's words as equivalent, but the idea of politically-motivated judgment remains.)

I would lose a LOT of confidence if a Klingon tribunal went down.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I find it silly that Bluegeek is on probation for simply stating an opinion that had no effect on anything else but the discussion of the episode's content.
    Yeah, I was round about saying I find Trendy's placing on probation to be silly. The situation would be no different if Head Mod was religious, and under mod didn't like religion being put into the game. Or if Head Mod was super political and under mod didn't like how the game harped on current politics.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread should not have been reopened. The "bigotry cycle" is repeating now immediately.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep. Closed now.
This discussion has been closed.