Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode: House Pegh Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bones1970 wrote: »
    got the ground trait, opend the box, [System] [NumericReceived] You received 1 Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal.
    Could not find it did it with 3 toons fed/fed, fed/rom, kdf/rom all opend the trait box but no1 got the trait !!

Mine showed up right away, but sometimes you have to zone or login again for new traits to show up - especially R&D traits.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nathrael wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the "Up Close and Personal" trait does not show in your trait selections after you unpack it?

Not even in ESD/NR/Drozana etc, and not in either ground traits or general ones. It just was not there.

It took a few minutes for the trait to show up in my tab (I opened it while warping to ESD from the mission point). I opened and closed the tab a few times and was finally able to see it after another minute or two sitting on the ESD warp in point.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It took a few minutes for the trait to show up in my tab (I opened it while warping to ESD from the mission point). I opened and closed the tab a few times and was finally able to see it after another minute or two sitting on the ESD warp in point.

Eventually tried logging out and back in, that fixed it.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Switching zones (maybe even a few times) did the trick for me. Going to my bridge then leaving it did it. I have to do it each time I get a new trait.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    Playing as a KDF faction player, who is Klingon/Borg species, I find it quite odd that I had to ask the NPC to translate Killicams to kilometers.

Hey, I live in the US and I have to have my GPS translate miles to kilometers.

Times change man. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol @ the fact that the Omega minigame is still bugged.

Other than that, it was a decent enough mission, and (since we're all discussing spoilers already) I actually liked that the good guys lost this one. However, I found it hard to believe that the other Pegh members didn't make more of an effort to stop clone!Kahless from fighting a battle they knew he'd lose. Even in the game's universe, it's common knowledge that clone!Kahless isn't much of a warrior, and that (in his own words!) "the Sword of Kahless is just a sword" and doesn't have any special properties beyond being a symbol. So, the battle between him and the Iconian didn't feel epic; it just felt predictable and pathetic.

And I'm still waiting for an explanation of who the Fek'Ihri really are. Wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to reveal that?

But yeah, thanks indeed for the spec point. :D
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dying gloriously in battle has meaning to the Klingons, and Kahless took on a 'demon' personally. So it will still rile them up into fighting even harder when/if it gets found out. Meantime, if we're talking about Spoilers (since I hinted at this before and no one replied)...

I wonder if the Vaaduwar listened about the Krenim. If not, a few temporal warheads might bring Kahless and the Preservers back, among other things. Remember Year of Hell?
  • Options
    djehuti2014djehuti2014 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    However, I found it hard to believe that the other Pegh members didn't make more of an effort to stop clone!Kahless from fighting a battle they knew he'd lose. Even in the game's universe, it's common knowledge that clone!Kahless isn't much of a warrior,

Meh ... he wasn't a warrior 30 years ago ... considering he was basically just a "mindless clone" back then ... not that surprising ... 30 years later, and lot of pressure of being "Kahless" & "Emporer" on the other hand ...

PS : Too bad ... I guess "Spartacus VO" was a one-time deal ;)
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now that we have House Peg(h), when do we get House Al? Will they move in together, or have they split at this point?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    tasshena wrote: »
    Dying gloriously in battle has meaning to the Klingons, and Kahless took on a 'demon' personally. So it will still rile them up into fighting even harder when/if it gets found out.

Oh, he died honorably, no question. And there's also no question that this will make the Klingons rally even harder to the cause; after all, the Iconians killed Kahless, and I'm sure every last patriot in the Empire will take that as a personal insult. It's just that the battle didn't feel terribly epic or meaningful to me. I mean, it was already established that even the finest warriors were no match for an Iconian, and clone!Kahless... wasn't the finest warrior. To put it mildly. So, as a plot point, I just didn't find it very interesting or believable.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Dying gloriously in battle has meaning to the Klingons, and Kahless took on a 'demon' personally. So it will still rile them up into fighting even harder when/if it gets found out. Meantime, if we're talking about Spoilers (since I hinted at this before and no one replied)...

I wonder if the Vaaduwar listened about the Krenim. If not, a few temporal warheads might bring Kahless and the Preservers back, among other things. Remember Year of Hell?

What year of hell? What are you talking about... Kahless? He's presiding over a wedding ceremony this afternoon...

But seriously, all signs have been pointing to the Krenim since Tuvok indicated Voyager was on a secret mission in Krenim space.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited May 2015

Meh ... he wasn't a warrior 30 years ago ... considering he was basically just a "mindless clone" back then ... not that surprising ... 30 years later, and lot of pressure of being "Kahless" & "Emporer" on the other hand ...

But wasn't that part of the beginning of the Fek'Ihri arc, too? Like, it's been a while since I played it so I could be misremembering, but wasn't the whole reason Worf had you go after clone!Kahless in the first place because clone!Kahless wasn't an experienced warrior and didn't know what the hell he was doing, so you had to make sure he was safe?
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now that we have House Peg(h), when do we get House Al? Will they move in together, or have they split at this point?

LOL! With new House leaders B-Ud and Kell'y?

be'nal puq?

She would have been a great guest star.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Judging by the name of the trait listed for next week, it'll be the space equivalent of the ground trait, my guess is the 1.5-4.5m becomes 1.5-4.5 km.

I don't know about that. The Ground version is 1.5-4.5m, where a Primary fire mode has an outside range of 20m-35m. If it's applied in the same proportion, even if you use the smallest 20m, the Space version is only useful out to 2.25km.

That tiny portion of the range profile is sort of ridiculous, imho. Compared to Soldier, shich adds +5% Ranged and +10% Crit Severity at all ranges with no dropoff... Up Close and Personal is useless, slot Soldier. Maybe if you plan on humping your target with a Pulsewave... but then +10% to Melee/Pistols/Pulsewaves would have been cooler. Yes Melee, because Melee is by definition Up Close and Personal. :P

I don't know, I simply don't find the Trait to be all that interesting. It's too constrained as far as the range profile, and it excludes melee entirely. Maybe for Space DPS humping (you know, to decrease dropoff anyway) the Space version could be useful, but the Ground one... meh.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    But wasn't that part of the beginning of the Fek'Ihri arc, too? Like, it's been a while since I played it so I could be misremembering, but wasn't the whole reason Worf had you go after clone!Kahless in the first place because clone!Kahless wasn't an experienced warrior and didn't know what the hell he was doing, so you had to make sure he was safe?

Could just be a public face for J'mpok and the Council and whoever looks too close, to distract from Hegh and what he's really up to with them. After all, he's a major public figure, even if he's leading a group that operates in the shadows.
  • Options
    djehuti2014djehuti2014 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But wasn't that part of the beginning of the Fek'Ihri arc, too?

Just checked the first 5min ... and Kahless is actually trying to prove himself by going on this Mission in the first place ...
    ... but as time passed he grew dissatisfied. He wanted to be more than a shadow of glories long past ...

... sure we're obviously helping him, though ... it probably depends on your POV ... but Worf doesn't say anything about "unexperienced Warrior" etc ...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I'm extremely happy for LGBT characters in STO. It's a shame it was something the series struggled to achieve.

I'll be blunt, but sexual preferences should be kept out of the game.

What people do in RP or in their fleet is their choice, but things like this bit of trash (not because of a dislike towards LGBT but because of its place in the game) should be kept out of general content of the game.

This game is supposed to be for all ages and anything sexual should be not have made it into the game.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    But seriously, all signs have been pointing to the Krenim since Tuvok indicated Voyager was on a secret mission in Krenim space.

Voyager's secret mission was before it was known how extensive the Iconian influence was in the Vaaduwar situation. This supplements that on 'why' of the Vaaduwar assault on them that Voyager likely was stopping on their secret mission.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Voyager's secret mission was before it was known how extensive the Iconian influence was in the Vaaduwar situation. This supplements that on 'why' of the Vaaduwar assault on them that Voyager likely was stopping on their secret mission.

It was in the kobali mission after the vaadwar war was over.

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    questerius wrote: »

What people do in RP or in their fleet is their choice, but things like this bit of trash (not because of a dislike towards LGBT but because of its place in the game) should be kept out of general content of the game.

This game is supposed to be for all ages and anything sexual should be not have made it into the game.

The characters weren't having sex in the game, so it's okay... the all ages will be fine.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Ah, I see, so no character in the game should have any sort of mate, spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend then. Got it. Enjoy the Supreme Court ruling next month.

• Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    LOL! With new House leaders B-Ud and Kell'y?

Join together in glorious battle against House Dahar'cy!
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You are a little late to the Party, her mate is mentioned by her since the devidian arc.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Kahless backstory was actually pretty nice, I remember from DS9 episode "The Sword of Kahless" Worf mentioning multiple times the emperor, aka Kahless.

*SPOILER*

However, the ending was quite poor. You brief with someone who just straight changes idea on the omega plan... a Klingon.
    Then you cloak to find an hidden base.
    You find it, roam while killing more enemies and meeting a cloned Kahless.
    "1v1 me dance competition" (lol) between him and iconian
    he dies, sword is lost again, mission half failed, some data recovered, you flee

...so? I didn't get the whole point of it, ended prematurely and left too many doubts.

Anyway! When's Nog coming up? I want T6 Defiant, and I want it NAO!
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm especially enjoying the construct stuck in the wall and non targetable and the Defiler that can walk completely through my Force Field Dome. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    Playing as a KDF faction player, who is Klingon/Borg species, I find it quite odd that I had to ask the NPC to translate Killicams to kilometers.

Playing as a Romulan, I also found it odd that I used kilometers as my standard.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cool glad to see it up and running. Just like the others, I will wait it out. So I can do it in order. I'm not lv60 and hadn't saw all the other FEs yet.

Plus by then I will have free reign over what reward I want. And repeat it if I want something else it offers.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It is on the exact same level as Neelix and Dexa being mentioned as a couple in-game. No different whatsoever. Are you saying their sexual preference should've been excluded as well?
This discussion has been closed.