test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode: House Pegh Now Live!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We’re pleased to announce that our latest Featured Episode is now available to Captains engaged in the Iconian War! Join the House Pegh, as you take on a covert operation to strike at the Iconian forces.

Bring the force of the Klingon Empire to bear against the Iconians!

~LaughingTrendy

Warning! Spoilers below!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spoiler ahead.

was hoping for a bit more from the episode. but at least kahless showed the iconians something from it for as long as he lasted. i was kinda hoping nog would of been involved, but maybe hes in a later FE not too far into the future. now im wondering what happened to the sword of kahless now the clone is pushing up daisies.

i admit it would be quite perverse if that iconian who lost its arm implanted part of that sword into its arm just to rile the klingons up when it returns :P. that would be a good way of knocking out kahless's honorable death to a dishonorable death with no meaning.

only issue i had through the episode is the hegh not attacking at the end of the mission just before the transmission.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll start this one of my klingon. I hope the FE gives the klingon immersion which the name suggests.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You might want to correct the date for the featured episode. It is currently set from January 1st 1am - 1am and show as event ended for me.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought it was a good fun episode.

Not too long and no crazy flying all over the galaxy.

The combat was pretty standard and I've got killing Heralds worked out perfectly now so it was good fun!

Plus seeing that Iconian get "her" behind kicked was pretty fun.

Also, the rewards. Spec points as a weekly reward choice. NICE!! Plus new traits are always welcome, maybe now we've all got access to a fair number we can get that split between ground and space that's been suggested?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Was fun. Ship trait sounds cool. :)
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm extremely happy for LGBT characters in STO. It's a shame it was something the series struggled to achieve.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My take? Ending dose of "lame" counteracts the great intro...

That beginning - cutscenes, etc., sure gave the FE that touch of "this is an episode / mission, not just a cheesy patrol of blast 5 waves"... the layout, etc. was great.

Then you get into the base. Little laggy with that wall stuff, but otherwise meh. Called it on the minigame, btw, but only scored 100 due to lag so I have no clue what said minigame was about, as it had zero influence on the mission for the first playthrough.

Then the fun. While it was nice to see a main battle not star Admiral Kills'em'all (aka the player), once that point hit the lameness really started. Frantic emergency beamout from two constructs? No parting shots? No "push the button"? No nothing?

Then, despite having a hyper cloak that bypasses three battleships on the way in, we're stuck slogging it out? At least it was warned to us...

Now for this part I can't do it without a touch of spoiler:
    Really? This is about how that ending sequence played out "on my bridge"...

Welcome back sir - there's the Iconian guard. They downgraded some, couple of cruisers and those raiders instead of the three dreadnoughts we snuck past on the way in.

<clear wave 1 of 3>

Now's our chance to microburst... ack, we're being ambushed!!!

<clear wave 2 of 3>

Let's try to microburst again - *sigh* another ambush sir. Bigger ship this time.

<clear wave 3 of 3>

Uh sir, should we actually continue the transmission or do you want to run the information back to the Alliance ourselves as we have completed the "plot standard" three waves of combat and the Iconians won't be able to use their gateways to send an interceptor force until next episode...

Completely deflated what sence of "omg" came from the base, and left the aforementioned aftertaste right there...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I'm extremely happy for LGBT characters in STO. It's a shame it was something the series struggled to achieve.

-waits for a post saying they won't play the mission due to that-

..well, its bound to happen...I hope not, but...
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2015

huh? wtf does this have to do with the mission
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hajmyis wrote: »

Because it's character content included in it...
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hajmyis wrote: »

Next time you play it, notice the scientist you talk to and her mates gender..
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    Next time you play it, notice the scientist you talk to and her mates gender..

hmm, ya have not listen to a NPC talk since season 7
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A bit disappointed there is no accolade for finding all the consoles explaining a bit more of the backstory and how short the episode is, but it was cool, though.

I still get the feeling our character was going all obstructive and hostile at the beginning for no real reason other than "We can't afford a 7% risk that would only affect one tiny sector of space already permanently lost to the enemy, I have no authority on the mission, but TRIBBLE you, I'm the PC".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I loved how T'Ket was just ignoring Kahless when he burst in.

Why is the space map the same as the one from "Blood of the ancients" ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    -waits for a post saying they won't play the mission due to that-

..well, its bound to happen...I hope not, but...

At least, it pays to always be wary of possible trollin'.

Because if somebody made a fuss about it, I wouldn't buy it for one second. Especially considering Gandala Station, Risa, and Nimbus III. There have been homosexual NPCs in this game for ages now. And it's no big deal.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am sorry but the ground trait is TRIBBLE if it does not include melee... the name of the trait is UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL yet it only effects range weapons?
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As someone who primarily enjoys flying in space, finds most ground content a tedious chore at best, and mostly plays sniper types when I do, it would be hard to design a trait that is less interesting or useful to me. Maybe next week there'll be a space trait.

But that's me. I'll check out the mission when I get my computer fixed. At least I don't have to stress about missing out on something good if I can't play it until next week.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well disappointed. the iconians are
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As someone who doesn't mind ground, I enjoyed it. The sense of loss and defeat made this a refreshing change and added to the tension and stakes of the Iconian War. Things aren't going tobe easy and we aren't going to get out of this storyline without some sense of sacrifice.

As a Fed player, its also nice to be on a Klingon ship again.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    As someone who primarily enjoys flying in space, finds most ground content a tedious chore at best, and mostly plays sniper types when I do, it would be hard to design a trait that is less interesting or useful to me. Maybe next week there'll be a space trait.

But that's me. I'll check out the mission when I get my computer fixed. At least I don't have to stress about missing out on something good if I can't play it until next week.

Judging by the name of the trait listed for next week, it'll be the space equivalent of the ground trait, my guess is the 1.5-4.5m becomes 1.5-4.5 km.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I am sorry but the ground trait is TRIBBLE if it does not include melee... the name of the trait is UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL yet it only effects range weapons?

Leap/Lunge + Pistol = Up close and personal :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

Yes, it affects ranged weapons when you get close to the enemy. Of course it doesn't affect melee weapons.

-K
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kinda hard to get that close when doing "run and shoot flanking pass" type attacks, which I've found best for avoiding fire from heralds and Defilers.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *SPOILERS*

Over all I liked the mission, though I found it funny when "he" said "An honorable warrior is always victorious" after we interfered with a 1 on 1 fight, doesn't seem very honorable to me :P
    Sad that he's dead though. Also not sure why but I found the idea of a TRIBBLE Klingon couple amusing :P

I also find it funny how they tell us to stay tuned until next week to find out what the trait is going to be when anyone with a brain can look at this weeks and the name of next weeks and figure out what it does.
    edited May 2015
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Judging by the name of the trait listed for next week, it'll be the space equivalent of the ground trait, my guess is the 1.5-4.5m becomes 1.5-4.5 km.
    Where are you seeing the name listed?
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought it was a fun little episode. I loved the interior design of the Iconian base and I really liked the little battle between Kahless and the Iconian. I thought that was funny. The only thing that was alittle disappointing was that Kahless didn't sound anything like the Kahless I remember from TNG, but it was still nice he got a voice. I am just happy for a Klingon centric mission.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Apparently you and I watched VERY different series. Every single Trek series has always handled that very well.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2015

That was a very nice addition.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My vote - top notch! Full marks to the team on this one.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.