test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

Comments

• sgtkokkensgtkokken Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To the Devs: Make a memorial on Vulcan ingame for Spock. Since he defined Star trek from the very start, a memorial would be appropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for all you've done for STAR TREK!
    May you rest in peace!

Totally aggree with previous posts about an ingame memorial!
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• kssweeleykssweeley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Very sad news. I woke up and saw "Leonard Nimoy dies at 83" and I literally started crying. I will miss Mr. Nimoy, I am a huge Star Trek fan and really like the Spock character.

I am hoping there will be an in-game memorial setup for Spock on Vulcan.

I'm currently waiting for my copy of Star Trek Online to be fully patched so I can join in with players who are in the game now commemorating Mr. Nimoy.

Good bye Mr. Nimoy, thank you for your contributions you have made on planet Earth.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually when you think about it, you have to wonder why a memorial wasn't in place for Spock the character after he vanished trying to stop the Hobus supernova?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can't stop crying.

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy. You were a model, an inspiration, and a hero to generations of nerds. You will be missed, and fondly remembered.

Live long, and prosper. --Peace, and long life.

_\\//
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the Spock memorial idea seems sound, let's see it done, please.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Today we honor Mr. Nimoy's legacy and extend our condolences to his family, his friends and his fans. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.

You can read our official statement here.

~LaughingTrendy

Nicely done LT.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Again, no words can express what is happened. All I can say is his famous line, "Live long and Prosper."

R.I.P. Old friend.:(
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A great actor has left us. Someone who shaped my childhood and fueled my love for Star Trek. May he rest in peace.

My whole day felt weird. The sky remained gray all day, I had a brief incident with my wife this morning over pretty much nothing, temperatures near freezing and everything felt kind of sad and depressing. Now I'm home and read this... its no wonder. I knew something was wrong. :(

On a personal note, I will never be able to watch the funeral scene from the Wrath of Khan in same way again.

I will never forget you Mr. Nimoy and if you can read this somehow, I personally thank you for your contribution to Trek and everything you have done.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Today we honor Mr. Nimoy's legacy and extend our condolences to his family, his friends and his fans. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.

You can read our official statement here.

~LaughingTrendy

A very well-written tribute.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    May you be with friends long gone on your journey beyond the Final Frontier.

Farewell Leonard Nimoy. You will be missed but your legacy will continue to bring us entertainment and education.

LLAP

_\\//
  • geekyguidegeekyguide Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree that some sort of a memorial is merited for Leonard Nimoy's contributions as a public figure and perhaps even Spock's contributions as a figure in the Star Trek universe. He is a truly great man and we are all diminished by his passing.
  • slash1685slash1685 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah a memorial would indeed be very much in place, good to see so many people in the game honoring him. Maybe a funeral service event? or a Nimoy class vessle?

RIP old friend :(
  • zauldjaminzauldjamin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy

- Live long and prosper -
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If any of you have the time go to Vulcan, there are a lot of people standing around the fountain paying their respects. Some have been there for hours already.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm absolutely sure the devs will do the right thing, when it comes to a memorial for one of the pivotal figures of Star Trek.... I think, though, that they, too, need time to mourn, today.

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would give tribute to a fantastic actor and a wonderful man. He will be missed. Let us celebrate his life rather than mourn his death.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P. Mr Nimoy.

It's great to see the tributes going on at Vulcan. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-4QtmhUAAAlShK.jpg:large
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In the hope of a memorial being placed in game on Vulcan ESD SFA Qonos New Romulus. A fitting inscription should be Mr. Nimoy's last tweet.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

A truly beautiful quote

\\//
  • misfightmisfight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Leonard,

Thank you for your contributions to STO, you will be missed and never forgotten.
    "Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning."
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eazzie wrote: »
    In the hope of a memorial being placed in game on Vulcan ESD SFA Qonos New Romulus. A fitting inscription should be Mr. Nimoy's last tweet.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

A truly beautiful quote

\\//

I have to agree with that.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • pgoldeypgoldey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    'He's not really dead. As long as we remember him' - McCoy - TWOK
    "Who am I to argue with the Captain of the Enterprise" - Kirk to Picard
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    _\\//

llap . . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock)

Good actor. Good series. Good Movies. Excelent Star Trek. Thanks
  • postmaster500postmaster500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One of the greats that will truely be missed. He'll live forever in our hearts. LLAP
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Normally I wouldn't presume to speak for other people, but I think I can safely say that we all feel the great loss at his passing.

I wish his family and friends the best of wishes. He'll live on in my heart.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Another one of my childhood heroes is gone. :(.

Yes, i believe this is exactly why I feel the air's been kicked out of me. He was a childhood hero of mine. That's it exactly.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To absent friends indeed...
    May he rest in peace.