Install Arc
Options

Gear Upgrade System

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    great system, only takes you 342 days to level r&d and then you can upgrade your lobi stuff !! money well spend.

Ot, you can, you know, just buy the kits off the exchange, which you can fund by converting Dil to Zen, buying keys, and then selling them for ECs. Not everything has to be hard work, so long as you are smart enough to use the tools available to you.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there going to be a method of upgrading melee weapons or does that come under ground gear? Because at present you can't make melee weapons so it would seem to follow that we won't be using the ground weapons R&D for this?

I'd like to think we can upgrade them too but so far it seems to have been overlooked.

I would like to know about this too.
    single player First Person Shooter, Turn Based Strategy, Real Time Strategy ect are not touched by this thankfully

Thank the Emprah for that.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Good luck with that. They are ALL like that now, even the ones you pay to play. The fact that SWTOR, Cryptic, and Turbine's models have all managed to make more money than subscription games have pushed every other game out there to follow suit. It's all about making money.

Welcom to planet Earth!
    *sarcasm mode on
    Yeah, companies don't want profit, they just want to make good games that will satisfy my every need even if its outrageous!!111
    *sarcasm mode off

No seriously, have you been living on Mars from the beginning of capitalism?
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I would like to know about this too.

Thank the Emprah for that.

if i feel burned out, those are where i go to relax....although destiny is kinda pushing it now.......
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Dear devs:

Try to answer questions sooner instead of letting these threads turning into crazy talk. You let these blog posts go out early, and then you don't see responses until around 3:30PM PST or later (4 hours and a half later), and things get completely out of hand.
    Tuesday is meeting day. I doubt any of the people at Cryptic will manage to get to their PCs until right about now.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcom to planet Earth!
    *sarcasm mode on
    Yeah, companies don't want profit, they just want to make good games that will satisfy my every need even if its outrageous!!111
    *sarcasm mode off

No seriously, have you been living on Mars from the beginning of capitalism?

Well, Mars is the RED planet... *Puts on Hell March* Eat armored bears, capitalist pigdogs! :D
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I forgot one:
    4) If I upgrade lets say a Phaser Beam Array MK XII [Dmg]x2, when it upgrades, could it become a Phaser Beam Array MK XIII [Acc]x2, or are the existing mods fixed?

Thinking about it... this is a very important question, since [Mods] include things like the [Adapt] on Elite Fleet Shields. The possibility of losing [Adapt] in the process of getting Elite Fleet Shields to Mk XIII or Mk XIV would be horrendous, while gaining [Adapt] on say our Breen shields would be amazing... unfortunately the odds of the former is much higher than the latter, if our [Mods] are all subject to change in the upgrade process...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bingo, spend just over a week with 3 toons maxing dil and you can increase your dil generating capacity to 56k (7 toons)

I think the main issue is the sometimes stupid amount of Dil you need for things if you want it within a month *COUGH*Crafting*COUGH* rather than the small daily refine limit which is countered by having more characters (and also a fleet mine, that gives and extra 1000 for those who want to trek out there).

Reputations take 50 days without the boost, 25 without, and give you about 480 dil a day (not including dil gotten alongside the marks) while crafting gives you nothing, takes forever (Been going since S9.5 introduced the new crafting, and still haven't hit Lvl13 without spending 2 char's daily worth of refined dil to boost it slightly). So, in short, Reps give you dil and let you double their progress once you hit max, Crafting takes much longer, doesn't allow for a double xp once you hit max (not that I know off), doesn't give anything, but can be bumped up fast if you have stupid amounts of Dil (At least 1,150,000).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bingo, spend just over a week with 3 toons maxing dil and you can increase your dil generating capacity to 56k (7 toons)

the problem is not the dilithium but the time, i have 7 toons, with different builds (sci-tac); i don't have the time and the patience to use the current R&D crappy system; why i'm forced to use it to update my gears.

this system is just a waste of time, but a good way to earn $ for Craptic : money -> zen -> dil . I spent already enough money for my current weapons (money -> zen -> keys -> ec). Now this is finished for me
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    my sarcasm ninja'd yours :P:P

Yeah, beat me by only moments...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Well, Mars is the RED planet... *Puts on Hell March* Eat armored bears, capitalist pigdogs! :D

For the motherland!!!!111
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    omfg and the crafing got worse....

really like we didn't see this humonges fail comming as soon as crafting hit tribble for patch 9,5.
    Sounds like someone didn't bother leveling their crafting schools. :P
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    This is going to be very, very brutal on players who totally snubbed the crafting system back when 9.5 launched :eek:
    To be fair, they WERE urged to level their crafting schools.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    the problem is not the dilithium but the time, i have 7 toons, with different builds (sci-tac); i don't have the time and the patience to use the current R&D crappy system; why i'm forced to use it to update my gears.

this system is just a waste of time, but a good way to earn $ for Craptic : money -> zen -> dil . I spent already enough money for my current weapons (money -> zen -> keys -> ec). Now this is finished for me

Upgrade tokens = tradeable... Even says so in the information - if anyone actually bothered to read it all...

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    "ground weapons" i would assume that includes melee

That's the point though, at present you can't craft melee weapons, one of the few things that can't be crafted so I just want to be sure.

Thing is to my knowledge we never got an answer on if melee weapons were being done separately or just won't be put into crafting at all.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Except it doesn't.

It takes, at most, if you NEVER craft anything ever, 295 days to reach max.

That is insane. I'm assuming that means base 6000xp rather than the 7000xp bonus, but still, that is over 4million dilithium if you want to skip it all.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Upgrade tokens = tradeable... Even says so in the information - if anyone actually bothered to read it all...

Most doomers don't read, they just hate without even reading anything.
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Overall, not bad. A bit more complicated that it needs to be, but whatever.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and so begins the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG road to gold mk14 versions of all your gear, were gear can now fully be a replacement for skill, and the unapproachability of pvp reaches critical mass.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That is insane. I'm assuming that means base 6000xp rather than the 7000xp bonus, but still, that is over 4million dilithium if you want to skip it all.

Then don't skip it all... Your choice...

Also, actually crafting items, rather than doing the research project is significantly faster, but requires far more materials obviously...

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You're just reciprocating in your own way. Some people may rage at the news, you rage against them. Seems pretty pointless. :P
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Reading ? these kids ? :) they are in mood : Reading ? SO 20 century :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Sounds like someone didn't bother leveling their crafting schools. :P

To be fair, they WERE urged to level their crafting schools.

I may hit Lvl15 in a few schools before christmas, and i've been on it since day 1 (wanted the omni-beams primarily). But since I don't have millions of dil to waste on levelling the system, it goes up so unbearably slowly.

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DOOM COMETH!!!!! DDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Now. Honestly, this looks like a system that I can get behind.

Little to no dil cost, potential to upgrade my already-OP rep gear to MK 14 GOLD is absolutely brilliant, really nice.

Please extend my most sincere congratulations to Mr. Heinig, this is a really cool update.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    Reading ? these kids ? :) they are in mood : Reading ? SO 20 century :)

Hating without reason? SO MODERN!!!!!!11
    Know the difference
    pvp? whats dat?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

The basic grind (research each day) is easy to do. They gave a chance to everyone to get 4 schools to level 15 around the time of DR being released. With 2 toons, you would have all 7 schools covered.

The system might be very bugged on the crafting side of things, but the leveling part is free and easy.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh, this sounds interesting so far. Although it all sounds unnecessarily complicated.
    After enough time has passed – a few minutes for a low-Mark item, a few hours for a top-tier item – you will be able to claim the item from your Upgrade slot and use it at its new, higher Mark. (if you’re in a real hurry, you can use a little dilithium to speed up the process, just like crafting an item with Research & Development.)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

OH COME ON!!! THIS TARG [REDACTED] AGAIN!? Are you serious!? :mad:

Wait Trek Online: Delta Waiting. It's gonna be great everyone!
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I may hit Lvl15 in a few schools before christmas, and i've been on it since day 1 (wanted the omni-beams primarily). But since I don't have millions of dil to waste on levelling the system, it goes up so unbearably slowly.

Well, then you dont do 20 hours one every day.

July 17. Release of 9,5 . level 15 = 630 K XP . If you take 6 K per day = 105 Days. If you never critic.

But you do, so time required to reach level 15 is smaller .

Expansion is expected on October 14/15 . Almost 3 months. So most people if they were doing 20 hours one every day. Will reach like 1-2 weeks after.

Why you before christmas ?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    and so begins the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG road to gold mk14 versions of all your gear, were gear can now fully be a replacement for skill, and the unapproachability of pvp reaches critical mass.

Yep. Which I think is a lot of people's problem here, they want instant gratification, which is just plain dumb. One of the biggest issues with this game is that the content is on a 90 day cycle (an improvement, it used to be 120-180), and the completion period for most projects is under 60 days. That's great for average players who don't log in every day, but for hardcore people it means you get a month of dead time, which causes all the DOOOOOOOM talk. It taking time and effort to get the gear you really want is a GOOD thing for the game.