What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gear Upgrade System

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh really? i never bought MK XII gear with assurance it would remain endgame, now cryptic is offering me a path to make that gear better

And the logical conclusion here is that any path offered must be accepted as perfect ? ;)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Obviously, upgrading anything that isn't already purple and Mk 12 is a waste of resources. :)

Well, to be more precise:
    UR quality = Easy upgrade, although that whole golden quality part of the blog might mean people can get their gear to legendary status, lol.
    VR quality = Nice to upgrade, still could become UR.
    R quality = In the case of mission weapons, worth it because some of them are unique like the Dominion Polaron weapons or those 10% proc Tetryon weapons.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    It doesn't mention it in the blog, but on tribble upgrade items also drop rarely on elite difficulty mobs

Guessing it might be a bug on tribble?

not likely a bug, they have to actually go in and add an item to the loot tables for it to drop, if its dropping, chances are its intentional
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Massive
    Multiplayer
    Role
    Playing
    Game

Don't see any mention of 'grind' in there.

So, I play the game (example mode on) since it came out, and you play it for a month. Is it fair that you have the max equipment after month of playing a game that I have been playing for lets say 4 years? Youre playing a game that wants you to play it to have the best equipment, if you cant handle it...
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    as those with low to no Dil won't be able to upgrade their rep gear they grinded for days to get, while the rich **** get to upgrade their gear pretty much instantly, meaning they have a DISTINCT advantage (Mk XII white is better than Mk X purple for example) for quite a while.

Sooo, the basis of your complaint is that you can't be bothered acquiring dilithium and are holding a grudge against those who do because they will get their shiny news toys before you?

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing this situation as anyone's fault but your own...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, or my Mk II Chronodynamic Armor...

I see NO reason why they should NOT be allowed.

Well, I can see a reason why the TR-116A may not, seeing as it can shoot through walls.

Didn't get the Chromodynamic armor, so can't comment on it.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cant wait to upgrade the Phaser BeamPistol - Standard Issue that you can get from the Replicator.

Its the most accurate phaser pistol we have when it comes to size and looks.

I always wanted to have a Handheld Phaser without the holographic stuff in a reasonable size. Currently the higher the MK the bigger the pistol is. :D

So if I read this blog correct it should be possible to upgrade anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    acnolowgiaacnolowgia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, this sounds pretty good. I like that they're letting us even get up to the epic quality- that stuff's usually reserved to the consoles that con with the c-store ships. Also, one though I had about what they could do is let us craft mission-unique items after we completed said mission... but I know that would be tricky to code, as a beginning programmer. Doing it this way lets them apply it to everything at once. I do hope they'll let us upgrade the mk infinity stuff- like quad cannons and lobi gear. That may be a bit trickier to code though, so it may not come out till a later season. Also, I've seen people complaining about the t6 vs t5-u stuff... and from what I can tell, except for the intel ship abilities, the only thing making t6 different is the acquisition of a starship trait at lvl 5- and that trait can be slotted and used on ANY ship once it's unlocked. Otherwise, the only unique thing about the t6 ships is the consoles... and all the c-store ships come with a unique console of their own anyways, so that's nothing new. My guess is people aren't really making the effort to actually dig behind the initial impressions they get. Sad, but seems to be rather common in society today.

Oh- and as an aside, @captcokecan- I LOVE your signature- it's hilarious!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And the logical conclusion here is that any path offered must be accepted as perfect ? ;)

no the point is that this path, while costly, we are lucky as MMO players to have it at all, i simply believe that double dipping is valid in this case
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so does this mean I can upgrade my dominion space set without lobi?
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I want to know is can I upgrade my Spiral Waves?

THIS omg this.

Please talk about upgrading Infinity Gear (which it probably should have to be because ... you know ... infinity and all, but still).
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we get an upgrade system for the pvpers so that they can adapt? :confused:
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THIS omg this.

Please talk about upgrading Infinity Gear (which it probably should have to be because ... you know ... infinity and all, but still).

Upgrade to infinity squared
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So isnt it about time after all this level cap rasing, gear mark raise, new tier of ships etc that we got a dilithium refine cap increase, you know with all the dilithium needed to do stuff in game now? Even champions and Neverwinter that use the same system have a 16k refining cap.............
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With improvements to Quality, will there be additional mods? If so, will they be random?
    According to Geko, not in the 'initial' upgrade, but there will b e a way to change existing mods to suit our tastes.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Can we get an upgrade system for the pvpers so that they can adapt? :confused:

Lol, PvPers can but buy the tech upgrade stuff from me if they want. I'll have 4 toons with all schools at level 15 by October 14.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    halcyon3 wrote: »
    So isnt it about time after all this level cap rasing, gear mark raise, new tier of ships etc that we got a dilithium refine cap increase, you know with all the dilithium needed to do stuff in game now? Even champions and Neverwinter that use the same system have a 16k refining cap.............

and from what i know the neverwinter equivalent of the dil exchange reflects this double refining cap with higher prices
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cant wait to upgrade the Phaser BeamPistol - Standard Issue that you can get from the Replicator.

Its the most accurate phaser pistol we have when it comes to size and looks.

I always wanted to have a Handheld Phaser without the holographic stuff in a reasonable size. Currently the higher the MK the bigger the pistol is. :D

So if I read this blog correct it should be possible to upgrade anything.

Interesting point: I wonder if the visualizations change as the marks are upgraded?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, PvPers can but buy the tech upgrade stuff from me if they want. I'll have 4 toons with all schools at level 15 by October 14.

How much dil you put into it ? :)
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no the point is that this path, while costly, we are lucky as MMO players to have it at all, i simply believe that double dipping is valid in this case

Lucky ? Are we poor people begging for food ? They want us to spend money on the game, for once they could try quality over UI Tetris and gambling for upgrades. :D
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

4 toons maxed at level 15 crafting.

1 person at level 0 social life or girlfriends. :D
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yep... If this was any other MMO (outside of the PWE network anyway) we'd be replacing all our lovely purples with greens come Delta Rising...

Something which just occurred to me... Still no mention on upgrading of scaling gear - this is the one I really want to know about personally...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Well Cryptic apparently put a lot of man power and resources into Neverwinter and it looks like they used it as a proving ground for STO mechanics.

Then I'm afraid I know how the future "exploration" system will look like. I bet it will use Gateway and bridge officers.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Maybe that's why they aren't listening to a lot of the feedback here. They already got what they felt was all the feedback there.

Is the NW crowd more forgiving than the STO crowd?

Judging by the Arc feedback threads, they may very well be.

Porting mechanics from another game is not a bad thing in itself. I just hope we are going to see some mechanics that were developed for STO and not for a different game. Didn't mean to sound negative. Ability to upgrade gear mark is actually cool. Just noticing a trend here, that's all.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    4 toons maxed at level 15 crafting.

1 person at level 0 social life or girlfriends. :D

eh...ill be there too by just doing the daily...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds good. My only concern is whether the store/mission acquired accelerator does most of the work, or if it only adds a small percentage. Also whether they drop randomly or certainly from certain missions.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Solanae Set, that worked with varying marks, and it seems likely quality won't make a difference. No worries there really. And since set bonuses go based on level rather than item level (I think, how else would the solanae set work properly?) it's likely that isn't a concern.

The bigger concern is anyone who paid lobi to upgrade the Jem'Hadar gear (at least ground gave the costume so it softens the blow) as well as odd marks (Infinity/Scalable like Spiral Waves, Whatever the heck Aegis used to have, etc).

Unless they somehow make Elite difficulty harder (10 more levels won't really hurt it too much as long as you have the T5-U upgrade) although completion times will be longer unless you have someone with insane amounts of Dil and Time in your team who has paid the almost certainly obscene fees to upgrade their gear.

All the Mk Increase is going to do is make everyone but the rich worse (especially those who don't have Mk XII gear).

P.S. BFaW + the Aux2Bat BOff timer cooldown needs some serious nerfing. Cannons are supposed to be the most DPS against a single target (in payback for a minimal firing arc), yet an Aux2Batting BFaW spammer will outdamage pretty much anyone, on multiple targets at a time.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, only think of those who spend da dollaz on the game, dont worry bout da people who cant afford to spend dollaz, or use their dilithium in projects an have none left over to trade on exchange, craptic, you are a bunch of tight asses
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THIS omg this.

I have a feeling that we won't be able to upgrade the levelless items since the Dev Blog specifically says...
    ...that the gear we upgrade needs to have a Mark; since "Markless" gear auto-levels with you, you don't need an upgrade to improve its mark so you don't need to upgrade, so they didn't bother allowing you to gamble on getting Quality improvements...

Based on how I read that anyway... we'll just have to see what they actually choose to do. :P

I admit it, though... the chance at upgrading the "Retro Blue" Phasers, Bio-Neural Warhead, Wide-Angle Quantum Torpedo, Spiral Wave Disruptors, small craft items, every special ship console in the game (imagine getting lucky and getting a [FlwC] on your Plasmonic Leech), carrier pets, and so much more would be pretty neat. Probably horribly imbalanced, but pretty neat...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lucky ? Are we poor people begging for food ? They want us to spend money on the game, for once they could try quality over UI Tetris and gambling for upgrades. :D

Some people seem to genuinely like the gambling and grind I think. God knows why. Its like they assume that MMORPGs are supposed to have that, that if you aren't suffering through playing the same level over and over and over you're doing it wrong. I still remember RPGs where you play Dungeon A to get Sword X, Dungeon B for Shield Y, just doing everything once whether it was Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or Fallout or Skyrim, but I guess some people LIKE the repetition.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds good. My only concern is whether the store/mission acquired accelerator does most of the work, or if it only adds a small percentage. Also whether they drop randomly or certainly from certain missions.

We will find out today, most likely. The pattern has been "Blog in the morning, on Tribble in the afternoon" thus far.