test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Upgrade System

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
As part of the new level increase in Delta Rising, we’re bringing up the Mark of the gear available in Star Trek Online. Your captain will now be able to use Mark 13 and 14 gear, and the best part is, you’ll be able to do this by upgrading your existing gear to make it better. Read more about it in our developer blog by Systems Designer Jesse Heinig.

Check it out here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm guessing it will be enabled on tribble soon. That normally happens when these blogs appear.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and pretty much confirmation of everything ive been saying, cheers :P
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like this
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With improvements to Quality, will there be additional mods? If so, will they be random?
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The stuff is all there on Tribble already, they just haven't turned it on. I have stacks and stacks of upgrade items saved up from copying CStore R&D kits over.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can Mk-Infinity stuff or ship-special equipment (quad cannons, Regent's wide-angle torpedo) be upgraded?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am sure people will be glad it can be used on all existing Mk's of equipment.

Ps: Is this system going to get broken by the old Aegis sets which never got given a mark level to change them to the new sets?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm.. I wonder if I can upgrade the MK I TR-116A gun to endgame...
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • jocelyn2jocelyn2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fact that you can upgrade a simple [Phaser Beam Array Mk I] to Epic is epic.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job...

...because he will find an easy way to do it.

-Bill Gates
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    another dil sink :P
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another mechanic from Neverwinter. I guess it's good, but... can we possibly get anything that is NOT from Neverwinter?
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds very promising. :)

Just wondering though, where will universal consoles fit in?
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With improvements to Quality, will there be additional mods? If so, will they be random?

Choose your own mods? You're hilarious. This is cryptic.
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Where does these RESEARCH points come from. I dont understand the concept for that
  • atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so your letting us keep our gear but not our ships? why didnt you just do this with upgrading ships to let people have their tier 6 current ships?
    edited September 2014
    maxxina wrote: »
    Where does these RESEARCH points come from. I dont understand the concept for that

cheap as **** upgrade kits that are crafted or traded, and are applied using dil
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jjdez wrote: »

Heh, there's a difference between the lol-we-choose and there being set types of mods added vs. random mods added...

...though it would also bring up the question of with those mods if they would include the new R&D mods.

All sorts of fun questions.
    edited September 2014
    jjdez wrote: »

planned feature since before the system was released.........

cost more of course
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm.. I wonder if I can upgrade the MK I TR-116A gun to endgame...

You "can" but that would be extremely expensive

This looks like a pretty solid system. Really smart move not to make lvl 15 be a requirement to upgrade.

Long and expensive process to be using all gold items...

Epic=gold is rather poor taste.

Gold Fleet Mk XIV resilient shields...

Gold elachi Mk XIV accx5
    Gold antiproton MK XIV critdx5

I see people flipping tables if they get accx3 dmgx2

Cryptic, please remove or seriously buff that mod....please
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PLEASE make any item that is upgraded account bound at the very least. Thank you!!!
  • captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    You "can" but that would be extremely expensive

This looks like a pretty solid system. Really smart move not to make lvl 15 be a requirement to upgrade.

Long and expensive process to be using all gold items...

Epic=gold is rather poor taste.

Gold Fleet Mk XIV resilient shields...

Gold elachi Mk XIV accx5
    Gold antiproton MK XIV critdx5

I see people flipping tables if they get accx3 dmgx2

Cryptic, please remove or seriously buff that mod....please

Oh I have no doubt it would be expensive, but the fact that the TR-116A does not require line of sight to fire would make it very interesting to use at endgame.

It'd thoroughly break ground PVP even more than the TR-116B has, but hey.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I do have questions related to the more special kind of items, specially mission ones and lobi.

1) Does this mean the Jem'Hadar set will be taken off the lobi store?

2) For specialty sets like the Jem'hadar and the Breen set will the set bonuses improve like Anti-Proton sweep, or in the case of the Breen set, will you do changes to improve it if the quality improves? (I expect more than a 2 minute CD Energy Siphon 1 on a VR 3 piece set in the case of the Breen set. Because it's simply Energy Siphon 1 tied to a set, it's pretty underwhelming as a 3 piece bonus)

3) For weapons like the Dominion Polaron weapons, does this give a chance to get them to MK XIV and with an [Acc]x2 mod? (This would be very very awesome)
    edited September 2014
    keravnios wrote: »
    PLEASE make any item that is upgraded account bound at the very least. Thank you!!!

i would think that any item upgraded would remain in the same state of binding it started in
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I am sure people will be glad it can be used on all existing Mk's of equipment.

Ps: Is this system going to get broken by the old Aegis sets which never got given a mark level to change them to the new sets?

Well if it does work like this makes me glad I didn't upgrade all of those x and xi sets on characters that currently didn't have xii lol. Especially since after 3+ years of doing omega borg stfs I'd rather not ever have to do those again for grinding purposes lol.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Yo dawg, I've heard you like to grind, so we've put a grind in your grind so you can grind stuff while you grind stuff".

Oh ffs Cryptic... now even simple items are technically yet another leveling system? I've honestly lost count at this point... We have to level up our capitan, our T5U/T6 ships, the new specialization trees, our gear, numerous reputations, R&D system, Doff system, as well as the Fleet holdings... and I'm sure I've missed a few other things.

And of course most of these are either a dilithium-sink, or a time-sink (or both).

Why not just turn STO into a mobile game? There's more timers and paywalls than there is (re)playable content at this point.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is one of the tedious systems in Neverwinter. It makes the crafting system look simply. Guarantee that those superiors will have a horrible success rate which will include a dilithium cost beyond what you can refine in a day and a mandatory catalyst.
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's great!
    By the way, I don't see any "dooooom" "players" that left the game ten to eleven times... That is really strange
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Interesting, I like that we won;t have to buy a new item all over again
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I do have questions related to the more special kind of items, specially mission ones and lobi.

1) Does this mean the Jem'Hadar set will be taken off the lobi store?

2) For specialty sets like the Jem'hadar and the Breen set will the set bonuses improve like Anti-Proton sweep, or in the case of the Breen set, will you do changes to improve it if the quality improves? (I expect more than a 2 minute CD Energy Siphon 1 on a VR 3 piece set in the case of the Breen set. Because it's simply Energy Siphon 1 tied to a set, it's pretty underwhelming as a 3 piece bonus)

3) For weapons like the Dominion Polaron weapons, does this give a chance to get them to MK XIV and with an [Acc]x2 mod? (This would be very very awesome)

3) i hope so, id love to have endgame retrofit phasers, caustic plasma and dominion polaron and all the other mission unique items
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    What about stuff like:
    • Jem'Hadar Space & Ground sets upgraded through Lobi purchase?
    • special ship weapons, like quad cannons?
    • special ground weapons, like the Bajoran Phaser Rifle?
    • fleet gear?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg