test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Upgrade System

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the evolution of this game is sad, when i begun to play. we had exploration, a number acceptable of grinding stuff, and the feeling to play at a Star Trek game. now exploration is gone, we have tons of grinding stuff (rep, R&D, fleet etc), dinos with lazers, etc.

Personally i don't have the time to enjoy this game, because i do always the same things for dil, marks etc. i'm really tired. so, i'm going to keep my good old weapons, and come what may
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the system itself just seems to confusing to me
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the evolution of this game is sad, when i begun to play. we had exploration, a number acceptable of grinding stuff, and the feeling to play at a Star Trek game. now exploration is gone, we have tons of grinding stuff (rep, R&D, fleet etc), dinos with lazers, etc.

Personally i don't have the time to enjoy this game, because i do always the same things for dil, marks etc. i'm really tired. so, i'm going to keep my good old weapons, and come what may

i find it amazing how many people come to play a star trek game and when the devs go all IDIC on you, you say "this isnt trek"

ummmmmmmmmmm IDIC being the central idea......no comment
    edited September 2014
    belanna58 wrote: »
    yeah, only think of those who spend da dollaz on the game, dont worry bout da people who cant afford to spend dollaz, or use their dilithium in projects an have none left over to trade on exchange, craptic, you are a bunch of tight asses

so the game requires you to have zen?

free to play-3 toons-24k dil a day

• bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i find it amazing how many people come to play a star trek game and when the devs go all IDIC on you, you say "this isnt trek"

ummmmmmmmmmm IDIC being the central idea......no comment

Cmon, to some people even TOS isn't Trek. Try ignoring some people, it worked for me ;)
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Solanae Set, that worked with varying marks, and it seems likely quality won't make a difference. No worries there really. And since set bonuses go based on level rather than item level (I think, how else would the solanae set work properly?) it's likely that isn't a concern.

They need to clear up how the set bonuses scale in these situations, specially with stuff like the R&D photon torpedoes and the Breen 3 piece bonus where it seems they just stuck a boff ability on them.

On the other hand, I completely forgot about that set. I can now imagine the epic free event DSD drain boat I can make....
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2014

X2.........

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It will be interesting to see the cost involved. Surely it will be better than if I had to buy all new mkIV gear.

Icing on the cake if improved quality added mods. I could go for some mkiv polarized tetryons with improved accuracy and crit.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2014

It wouldn't be so crippling a cost if they gave free upgrades for Reputation (and fleet?) gear (much like how the luckbox and lobi ships are all getting free T5-U upgrades). But I get the distinct impression that even if I had the time to upgrade all my stuff on 49 characters (I don't have anywhere near enough time to do that), I would be almost certain I could NEVER afford it without spending over 100 hours just grinding dil.

T5-U Vs T6 = Competitive (only lacking a gimmicky BOff and power (like a singularity core))
    Mk XII (UR) Vs Mk XIV (E) = Not competitive in the slightest.
    T5 Vs T6 = As competitive as a Retrofit (Nova, Dakota, etc) Vs a Normal T5 ship.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, only think of those who spend da dollaz on the game, dont worry bout da people who cant afford to spend dollaz, or use their dilithium in projects an have none left over to trade on exchange, craptic, you are a bunch of tight asses

No, Cryptic are a business, not a charity... Given your 'colourful' use of wording, I'm presuming you're young and have yet to learn how the real world works in relation to money...

Further more, this is not about rich and poor, F2Pers have just as much access to dilithium as paid subscribers, if they can be bothered acquiring it, so don't point the finger at Cryptic for your own failings on this...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only good part I see is the possibility to upgrade long forgotten items from story missions and bring them up to spec.

Now the rage part:
    I call supreme BULL****. After broken dilithium-sink-crafting-reputation-like idiocy and the fact that old ships will not be upgraded to full t6 specs(I dont care about special ship trait, but give it specialization seat and 13. BOFF ability) it is another nail in the coffin. I better see a nice window which asks me WHAT MODIFIER I want on the item when the quality rises or this is really getting out of hand. I am not buying 50 weapons, upgrading all of them to golden mk XIV and then realizing I can use 3 of them.
    Gameserver not found.
  • belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014

2 toons, no dil by the time i use it on rep gear or fleet projects

time to find another game that isnt all about greed and grind.

Seen a lot of people sayin same thing actually, people leaving, maybe dis is what craptic wants :confused:
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Average cost of Mk XII rep gear, 32.5k Dil. Average cost of Mk XII Advanced Fleet Gear, about 9000 dil + 20k Fleet Credit (most likely gained with Dil).

That's assuming you have 3 Lvl 50's, which I can see many people not having, running just 1 character.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
    edited September 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    No, Cryptic are a business, not a charity... Given your 'colourful' use of wording, I'm presuming you're young and have yet to learn how the real world works in relation to money...

Further more, this is not about rich and poor, F2Pers have just as much access to dilithium as paid subscribers, if they can be bothered acquiring it, so don't point the finger at Cryptic for your own failings on this...

bingo, spend just over a week with 3 toons maxing dil and you can increase your dil generating capacity to 56k (7 toons)
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Seen a lot of people sayin same thing actually, people leaving, maybe dis is what craptic wants :confused:

LOL, some people on this forum left the game like 10 times at least...
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Is there going to be a method of upgrading melee weapons or does that come under ground gear? Because at present you can't make melee weapons so it would seem to follow that we won't be using the ground weapons R&D for this?

I'd like to think we can upgrade them too but so far it seems to have been overlooked.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited September 2014

well if you want to go to another game with no grind, i would warn you off any MMO ever created, and suggest games such as Mass Effect, Halo, Sins of a Solar Empire, Total War: Rome 2, Skyrim (well skyrim is grindy depending on your definition
    Average cost of Mk XII rep gear, 32.5k Dil. Average cost of Mk XII Advanced Fleet Gear, about 9000 dil + 20k Fleet Credit (most likely gained with Dil).

That's assuming you have 3 Lvl 50's, which I can see many people not having, running just 1 character.

fair enough
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    omfg and the crafing got worse....

really like we didn't see this humonges fail comming as soon as crafting hit tribble for patch 9,5.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's a cool set up and it's the best way of handling the extra mks, but I'm worried about how this game is becoming all about the sliders.
    edited September 2014
    Is there going to be a method of upgrading melee weapons or does that come under ground gear? Because at present you can't make melee weapons so it would seem to follow that we won't be using the ground weapons R&D for this?

I'd like to think we can upgrade them too but so far it seems to have been overlooked.

"ground weapons" i would assume that includes melee
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    great system, only takes you 342 days to level r&d and then you can upgrade your lobi stuff !! money well spend.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Good luck with that. They are ALL like that now, even the ones you pay to play. The fact that SWTOR, Cryptic, and Turbine's models have all managed to make more money than subscription games have pushed every other game out there to follow suit. It's all about making money.
    edited September 2014

really like we didn't see this humonges fail comming as soon as crafting hit tribble for patch 9,5.

that really helps deepen the conversation, thank you for the thoughtful comment
    It's a cool set up and it's the best way of handling the extra mks, but I'm worried about how this game is becoming all about the sliders.

now now, its clearly a set of clickies, not a slider :P
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I'm holding on to the everfading hope that there is also a lot of story content. I really had fun with LoR, playing all the romulan missions over and over. :)
    edited September 2014

Thank you for such constructive and specific feedback, you contributed much...

edited September 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Good luck with that. They are ALL like that now, even the ones you pay to play. The fact that SWTOR, Cryptic, and Turbine's models have all managed to make more money than subscription games have pushed every other game out there to follow suit. It's all about making money.

single player First Person Shooter, Turn Based Strategy, Real Time Strategy ect are not touched by this thankfully
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is going to be very, very brutal on players who totally snubbed the crafting system back when 9.5 launched :eek:
    edited September 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    great system, only takes you 342 days to level r&d and then you can upgrade your lobi stuff !! money well spend.
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    This is going to be very, very brutal on players who totally snubbed the crafting system back when 9.5 launched :eek:

Upgrade tokens will be tradeable...

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Dear devs:

Try to answer questions sooner instead of letting these threads turning into crazy talk. You let these blog posts go out early, and then you don't see responses until around 3:30PM PST or later (4 hours and a half later), and things get completely out of hand.
    edited September 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Thank you for such constructive and specific feedback, you contributed much...

my sarcasm ninja'd yours :P:P